Who has bought some new shoes

gj

End of summer sandals....  I have not gotten any heels in a while (how many can a guy have?), I saw these at Target in the early summer, resisted but temptation prevailed.  They are "A New Day," Ramona Size 12 and they fit perfectly.  The sandals have a 2 1/2 inch heel and I like the toe ring and the strappy look.  They were comfy right out of the box so I took a chance and wore them for most part of the day, something I do not normally do with new shoes / sandals.  They are all manmade material, I would rather they have some natural leather.  Will be fun to wear into the fall and winter.   

IMG_3392.jpg

Edited by SF
typo
  • Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

35 minutes ago, SF said:

I have not gotten any heels in a while (how many can a guy have?)

Still working on that number, but I don't think there is an upper limit.

37 minutes ago, SF said:

IMG_3392.jpg

Next time bring more money and get the rest of the toes done.  🤣

Well, well....  I hate to assume - you know what that means - but assuming your comment was made in jest, I will put it right back to you.  Possibly you need to bring more money to the eye doctor for a revised eyeglass prescription.  You are looking at a 7 day old, expensive (overpriced???) pedicure from the spa at Caesars Palace in Vegas, baby.  The wife and I were there last week.  Same gal been doing our pedicures there for several years.  If you are going to wear sandals, your feet should look nice.  I think she did a fine job on all of our toes.  ha ha    Smile..  Have fun...   sf

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my latest.  They are Just Fab.  They have a 4 1/2" heel.  I found these in a thrift store, and they appeared to have been worn only once or twice.  And they are super comfortable.  And once I got them home and cleaned them up, the are basically mint condition!  And the best part is I got them for less than 10 bucks!

heels.jpg

• Like 4

I bought a pair of Passion pumps from Asos, which like the Penelope has a 5" heel, but which unlike the Penelope was available up to size EU44. I had previously ordered a pair of Penelope's sized UK9 and they didn't fit so I had to return them. Seeing that these were on offer in a size larger made me order them. Plus they basically look like the Penelope just with a slightly longer point. 

20211001_151801.thumb.jpg.4c34eca997d72ad8b05f5e5c4443545b.jpg

20211001_151745.thumb.jpg.d59ce04d6779658a927012fda7a23bbd.jpg

Unlike the Penelope these fit, be it with a slight gap at the back. Which upon further examination became clear:

20211001_151820.thumb.jpg.51707cad5bae890ce2abbcf7f8afd232.jpg

They're size UK11, not the UK10 that I thought. Not that it matters much. The shoe fits quite snugly and I'm happy with it. And I dig the chocolate color.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Chorlini said:

I bought a pair of Passion pumps from Asos, which like the Penelope has a 5" heel, but which unlike the Penelope was available up to size EU44. I had previously ordered a pair of Penelope's sized UK9 and they didn't fit so I had to return them. Seeing that these were on offer in a size larger made me order them. Plus they basically look like the Penelope just with a slightly longer point. 

Unlike the Penelope these fit, be it with a slight gap at the back. Which upon further examination became clear:

They're size UK11, not the UK10 that I thought. Not that it matters much. The shoe fits quite snugly and I'm happy with it. And I dig the chocolate color.

Not a fan of the rear place straight heel and extended toe. 5inch on a 44 looks a bit low compared to the Penelope. The Penelope seems to be a more classic pump. Also, what's with the dent in the vamp ofyour left shoe?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Not a fan of the rear place straight heel and extended toe. 5inch on a 44 looks a bit low compared to the Penelope. The Penelope seems to be a more classic pump.

That's the downside of having larger feet. 5" becomes the new 4" basically.

5 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Also, what's with the dent in the vamp ofyour left shoe?

You have a good eye, a little accident stepping on something hard that I shouldn't. It wasn't a factory defect if you're worried.

Well, these aren't heels, but they are new so I imagine that qualifies.  These are a pair of Matte Black "Tieks" ballet flats.  I was not really into ballet flats, but another member here (you know who yo are!) discovered them, like the shoes and strongly encouraged me to get a pair.  I resisted for a while, but relented last August and ordered a pair.  The shoes are 100% soft leather and look wonderful.  They actually do have some, read "some" padding in the soles and are, after a longer than I had expected break in period, very comfortable.  I am glad I got them, but most likely will not get another pair, will see, they are somewhat pricey.  But based on reviews they last a long time.  You do get what you pay for.  

They will be a fine practical winter time shoe for running errands and a casual shoe when heels and sandals won't work.  

For those looking for something different that is comfortable, take a look at Tieks.  

Either way, have fun, enjoy your heels and/or flats....   sf

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 6.54.40 AM.png

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 9:08 AM, SF said:

They will be a fine practical winter time shoe for running errands and a casual shoe when heels and sandals won't work. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 6.54.40 AM.png

I'm trying to figure out when that would be, particularly if this is the alternative. It's not as if you bought a heavy boot for slogging through snow. My conclusion: You just like these for some reason, and that's ok! 😃

• Like 1

Found these while browsing Nordstrom Rack. I had stopped going there as they severely reduced the inventory of heels in my size last year. I had a stop close by so I walked over to kill some time. Sure enough, there were no size 13's at all, & very few in size 12's, none of them I cared for. These caught my eye on the size 11 rack as I walked by them as the color quite stood out to me. I just got in a satin cowl neck blouse in that exact shade of orange & thought these wedges would have looked cute paired with the top. I started to leave when I thought I would try them just to see how the color worked with my skin tone. I was pleasantly surprised to find I could get my feet completely into them, with just a smidge of tightness across my toes. Checked the price & they were only $28, so I took them home. I wore them to dinner tonight & they felt pretty good, the snugness seems to have kept the strap from chewing up my toes, like most of my strappy heels do. Gonna try a longer outing & see how that goes, but so far these are a winner.

Brand: BP. Giana Platform Wedge Sandal In Coral Camelia - 4" w/1" platform

P1010003.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chesterx said:

Found these while browsing Nordstrom Rack. I had stopped going there as they severely reduced the inventory of heels in my size last year. I had a stop close by so I walked over to kill some time. Sure enough, there were no size 13's at all, & very few in size 12's, none of them I cared for. These caught my eye on the size 11 rack as I walked by them as the color quite stood out to me. I just got in a satin cowl neck blouse in that exact shade of orange & thought these wedges would have looked cute paired with the top. I started to leave when I thought I would try them just to see how the color worked with my skin tone. I was pleasantly surprised to find I could get my feet completely into them, with just a smidge of tightness across my toes. Checked the price & they were only $28, so I took them home. I wore them to dinner tonight & they felt pretty good, the snugness seems to have kept the strap from chewing up my toes, like most of my strappy heels do. Gonna try a longer outing & see how that goes, but so far these are a winner.

Brand: BP. Giana Platform Wedge Sandal In Coral Camelia - 4" w/1" platform

P1010003.JPG

I can see where these are walking the razor's edge of being too small, but they don't look bad at all! Sometimes sandals are more forgiving in the size department if you're willing to be patient.

chesterx....  Very nice sandals, like that color as well.  They would be fun to wear out, and look comfy too.  I am fortunate enough that I can wear a size 11 or 12 depending on the manufacturer.  Sometimes even a 10 if I am really lucky.  

I know what you mean about the selection at Nordy's Rack.  In the past I patronized Nordy's a lot and have purchased several pair of great sandals there in size 11 and 12.   The last few years I too have noticed the lack of gals shoes in the 11 - 12 size range.  Some stores have little to none.  

Maybe all the "closet" heelers are buying up the inventory?  Sales clerks have told me that they just aren't getting larger sizes like they used too, unk why.   

The good part is that I have a lot of heels anyway, and don't really need any more at this time - it that even possible??  Hmmm..

Anyway, I like your sandals, have fun wearing them about, they look very nice, especially with your pedicure.  

Have fun...   sf

On 10/5/2021 at 4:08 PM, SF said:

Well, these aren't heels, but they are new so I imagine that qualifies.  These are a pair of Matte Black "Tieks" ballet flats.  I was not really into ballet flats, but another member here (you know who yo are!) discovered them, like the shoes and strongly encouraged me to get a pair.  I resisted for a while, but relented last August and ordered a pair.  The shoes are 100% soft leather and look wonderful.  They actually do have some, read "some" padding in the soles and are, after a longer than I had expected break in period, very comfortable.  I am glad I got them, but most likely will not get another pair, will see, they are somewhat pricey.  But based on reviews they last a long time.  You do get what you pay for.  

For those looking for something different that is comfortable, take a look at Tieks.  

Either way, have fun, enjoy your heels and/or flats....   sf

At $175 they do seem to be a bit on the pricey side for ballet flats though.

Bought me some more Pleasers. Have been wanting me a pair of these for a long time as they remind me of the good old days of the 80's. A pair of Seduce 443

20211012_193434.thumb.jpg.957a42fb4a7c8963324bb71ad4800ed3.jpg

20211012_193422.thumb.jpg.70d71f4e323ace86a240d97de745997e.jpg

Chorlini....  Yeah, but ya only go around once...  Plus the market is up...  

Nice shoes, and I loved the eighties....  ha ha....   Smile...  sf

9 hours ago, Chorlini said:

A pair of Seduce 443

20211012_193434.thumb.jpg.957a42fb4a7c8963324bb71ad4800ed3.jpg

20211012_193422.thumb.jpg.70d71f4e323ace86a240d97de745997e.jpg

Helen had these in red, and i loved to see her in these heels. But they passed away a long time ago due to cracking.

1078163638_P1030949a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.c1845527b0b62fc977d985596275dbab.JPG  1955156460_P1030918a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.e83bc7ded2e6990b0dc5c0d4c1704ece.JPG

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

My current favorite pair of pumps are Steve Madden Daisy, Matte black, to the point that they are worn out. So, looked for a new pair and could only find a few inexpensive options. Trying white, I know it is hard to keep clean, but they'll look nice for a solid thirty minutes, right??

A346333F-C028-4D44-AA60-81DFA384DD4E.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bambam said:

So, looked for a new pair and could only find a few inexpensive options. Trying white, I know it is hard to keep clean, but they'll look nice for a solid thirty minutes, right??

Go for it, white looks gorgeous and matches almost anything. I remember my mothers heels, back in the 60s and 70s, mostly white ones. My wife has several white heels (leather), and with proper care they last a long, long time. 

40532028_O5065788_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.729a5ba01662f42478eab0052c8f53d9.JPG  567695684_DSC_5265b_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.467c64526fea6c62e3d9d406c309e553.JPG 77776786_DSC_5925a_Bildgrendern.thumb.jpg.0ee07218f63fc0be1dc96e847a9ebdf3.jpg

New heels (mostly white) for the wedding of my godson:

1315835991_P5021479a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.7660c7c65956a46a352b589fff501017.JPG 2096989786_P5021554b_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.0191775cf0a5eab45e121f29da36176d.JPG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bambam said:

My current favorite pair of pumps are Steve Madden Daisy, Matte black, to the point that they are worn out. So, looked for a new pair and could only find a few inexpensive options. Trying white, I know it is hard to keep clean, but they'll look nice for a solid thirty minutes, right??

A346333F-C028-4D44-AA60-81DFA384DD4E.jpeg

Do you really like that very set-back heel position?   Apart from appearance, surely not so easy to walk in?    (Despite that, nice white shoes.)

• Confused 1

2096989786_P5021554b_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.0191775cf0a5eab45e121f29da36176d.JPGThe set back heel looks to linearly geometric and reduces the appearance of beauty that the uppers radiate. 379813580_11623946mb_14_f(3).thumb.jpg.ac1a38c526386ebf85d8bd7e89539fc0.jpgThe shaping and more physically supportive under the heel of the foot look of this stiletto adds to radiate the beauty of the total court shoe and helps in landing each step with less stress on the foot and ankle than the back set heels do.  

Edited by Histiletto
  • Like 2

Personally, I don't care for either of those heels. The one straight down the back is too straight, the other too much curve, to under slung. I like something in between.

More like this, with a slight curve on the heel, maybe a bit more curve, but not much.

SamDanna.thumb.jpg.f72c966ddf07ab3a06358ac8e3225387.jpg

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 1

That is what i call the perfect heel :

1929970817_DSC_3553b_Bildgrendern.thumb.jpg.68096bf37c4730a2640ee6e8eadb1184.jpg

Not too much of an inward  curve (which makes it difficult to walk as my wife says) and not straight down. But if we go dancing she prefers the straight down heels. Heels can be choosen according to the occasion.

Here is an example of too much inward curve:

73791012_P1060930a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.cf8c82c3a3af653f0fea977240dad695.JPG

Helen took these shoes to Peru for our vacation, but when we left the shoes stayed in Peru because she found they where hardly walkable with the heel to much forward.

We are veering off topic here, I understand that, but sometimes you have to grab the conversation where you find it, otherwise it disappears. Pictured below are the extremes of what I own as far as heel setback/curved forward. I must say that like @Pumped, I prefer the one in the middle. Not straight down, but not very curved forward like the taupe pump on the right. Either extreme seems a bit odd to me. Here's where I'm perhaps going to be a little controversial. Having owned my share of high stilettos in various styles, I don't find the heel setback to be much of a factor in walkability. I won't claim it makes zero difference, but I see it as mainly a visual difference, rather than a structural one, with one categorical exception: I have found it to be incrementally more treacherous walking down stairs in setback heels than a heel that is curved forward. It seems much easier to catch your heel on a step in setback heels.

Setback.jpg

• Like 1

This 3.875" J Crews pump is an example of the furthest set back heel that holds any attraction to my high heeled tastes. 512836509_jcrew-black-patent-leather-round-pumps-size-us-10-regular-m-b-0-1-960-960(2).thumb.jpg.0e51333ad151a5cb6494485769f4b7e0.jpgI do have a couple of other higher heeled pairs of the more set back positioning, but they don't fit the preferred look that captures my desires. So these set back heels are in the process of more forward heel positioning replacements.   

• Like 1

It's been a while since I bought actual heels. In fact, we have to go back to last spring to find actual heels. I've bought a few shorter heels and wedges over the summer, in part due to the still-as-of-yet-unexplained nerve weakness in my right foot, but not any real heels for quite some time.

In an idle search on Poshmark, I found these blue FSJ mules, and they caught my eye. Mainly it was the color that caught my eye, as I have several other pairs of sandals in this style, but it was also the brand and the price. I have looked at FSJ shoes before, but the asking price new is approaching $100, I know they are cheap shoes in general, and I've had bad experiences in the past with the fit of shoes of this ilk. I saw these for 30-something dollars, and is as usual, within 24 hours after I "liked" them, the seller sent me an offer--29 bucks and somewhat cheaper than usual shipping. I decided it was time to see if this brand fits me, so I bought them.

They arrived a few days later in a crunched-up box, but the shoes themselves were undamaged. They were not quite as electric blue as I imagined, but still clearly blue and not black like some navy colored shoes can appear. And they actually fit well! 4 3/8" heel with what I would call a mini-platform. It's not really a platform, just an ever-so-slightly thicker sole than normal, and the sole maintains its thickness all the way up the footbed, so the steepness is still effectively 4 3/8". I haven't worn them out yet, but they seem to be comfortable enough, and most importantly, the length of the toe portion is the same length as my toes. That's where I usually run into fit problems. They've got a good amount of padding, and the heels seem to be sturdy. They don't pass the "rocking" test, but I'm not a big believer in the rocking test anyhow. They always come back to the exact center, so we're good.

Now for the subjective bad: Not a deal breaker, but not my true preference--the peep toes are actually peep toes. They only show two toes, and I prefer shoes that show at least three. That's a personal thing, I think three just looks better.

And for the objective bad: These shoes are awful! Naturally at this price point they're not leather, but whatever these are made of is stiff and cheap looking. However, there was/is no chemical odor that often accompanies shoes like these. There are short threads around the toe opening that are not trimmed off flush. The sole material on the front side of the heel is not aligned exactly as it should be.

After wearing them around the house/garage/driveway for a couple of hours, I am slightly more impressed than I was at first, but we shall have to wait and see until I can wear them in the real world, which I plan to do this very day. I hope the heel tips last the mile that I have to walk, and I hope they don't wind up dumping me on my backside due to a low coefficient of friction. You know how these cheap shoes can be with the stock heel tips. Stay tuned.

FSJBlueMuleSide.jpg

FSJBlueMuleTop.jpg

• Like 1