Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 3/28/2021 at 3:27 AM, Pierre1961 said:

Recently got these from Sobern. 

16,5 cm and VERY walkable! 

5BA6F08E-FAB3-42DF-BAFC-38F2D4A3CC8C.jpeg

Yes, I'm kind of an oxford guy myself, believe it or don't. Though it's a bit hard to see in the photo, I like the proportions of that shoe. They aren't SO steep as to look odd. However, I'm still working my way past 12 cm, I don't think those are for me!

• Like 1

I you had asked me before trying them on,I would probably have said something similar: much too high. I can’t really explain why these are so easy to walk in. To be honest they are ok at home and on good surfaces. Not for a walk in the city sidewalks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another Amazon splurge purchase. Was looking for another pair of wedges as I only have 1 pair in my collection. These are way outside my normal scope of style, as I prefer the classic looks, but these kept coming up as recommended ever time I went to Amazon & I finally said what the heck. They are from some fly by night Chinese supplier, no name anywhere on the shoe or the box, will have to look at my purchase history if anyone is curious to know.  They arrived pretty fast for overseas shipping. There was a strong chemical smell when I opened the box but it dissipated when i aired them out. These turned out to be pretty fun! The fit is excellent, with no sliding around when i walk. The straps are the easiest to fit up of any of the strappy heels I own, they are adjustable at both ends & stayed where I arranged them (I hate it when cross straps slide over to one side). The 1st few steps are daunting but i got them figured out soon enough. Wore them around the house for a few hours with no issues other than tired calves. I am happy I pulled the trigger on them. Gonna try them in public this weekend...

funny.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, chesterx said:

Another Amazon splurge purchase. Was looking for another pair of wedges as I only have 1 pair in my collection. These are way outside my normal scope of style, as I prefer the classic looks, but these kept coming up as recommended ever time I went to Amazon & I finally said what the heck. They are from some fly by night Chinese supplier, no name anywhere on the shoe or the box, will have to look at my purchase history if anyone is curious to know.  They arrived pretty fast for overseas shipping. There was a strong chemical smell when I opened the box but it dissipated when i aired them out. These turned out to be pretty fun! The fit is excellent, with no sliding around when i walk. The straps are the easiest to fit up of any of the strappy heels I own, they are adjustable at both ends & stayed where I arranged them (I hate it when cross straps slide over to one side). The 1st few steps are daunting but i got them figured out soon enough. Wore them around the house for a few hours with no issues other than tired calves. I am happy I pulled the trigger on them. Gonna try them in public this weekend...

funny.jpg

I don't feel like those are a whole lot wilder than some of your other shoes. Was it the animal print that made you think twice, or just the sheer mass of the wedge? Also, I can't figure out how you got your feet to go like that. Are you, like, insanely flexible?

Let us know how things go out in the real world. I've actually had some good luck with the Chinese stuff as far as comfort, and sometimes even durability. Then again, I've had some bad luck, as well.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Also, I can't figure out how you got your feet to go like that. Are you, like, insanely flexible?

Lol.  I was thinking the same thing!  As @chesterx mentioned, he generally goes for the classic looks, and I'd have to agree with him that these are a bit outside of that.  The print is not too crazy, but there is an awful lot of cork showing here, and a pretty large platform as well.  I'd think that these might appeal to you @mlroseplant :fine:.  I think I might get a nosebleed if I tried them....lol.

6 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I don't feel like those are a whole lot wilder than some of your other shoes. Was it the animal print that made you think twice, or just the sheer mass of the wedge? Also, I can't figure out how you got your feet to go like that. Are you, like, insanely flexible?

Let us know how things go out in the real world. I've actually had some good luck with the Chinese stuff as far as comfort, and sometimes even durability. Then again, I've had some bad luck, as well.

He has two left feet Melrose. 

17 hours ago, chesterx said:

Another Amazon splurge purchase. Was looking for another pair of wedges as I only have 1 pair in my collection. These are way outside my normal scope of style, as I prefer the classic looks, but these kept coming up as recommended ever time I went to Amazon & I finally said what the heck. They are from some fly by night Chinese supplier, no name anywhere on the shoe or the box, will have to look at my purchase history if anyone is curious to know.  They arrived pretty fast for overseas shipping. There was a strong chemical smell when I opened the box but it dissipated when i aired them out. These turned out to be pretty fun! The fit is excellent, with no sliding around when i walk. The straps are the easiest to fit up of any of the strappy heels I own, they are adjustable at both ends & stayed where I arranged them (I hate it when cross straps slide over to one side). The 1st few steps are daunting but i got them figured out soon enough. Wore them around the house for a few hours with no issues other than tired calves. I am happy I pulled the trigger on them. Gonna try them in public this weekend...I have several with this much corkfunny.jpg

I have many wedges with this much cork, so I would wear these IF my toes could fit in.

I was wondering if you guys would catch on to the photo weirdness! I process my photos using photoshop elements. I was trying to merge two shots into one showing the front & the back to emphasize how frekin' tall they are. I use the panorama to do it automatically. It works great, but this time it seems to have gotten confused & instead of stitching them side-by-side as I was expecting it tried to merge them half-and-half. Done this dozens of times & its never given me results like this. I laffed when I saw it & thought some might find it funny too.

Its the sheer tallness of them with the platform that is not something I am normally attracted to, but these seemed to cute with the animal print to pass up. Once I got used to the height of them they are quite fun to walk in...

Edited by chesterx

1 hour ago, chesterx said:

I was wondering if you guys would catch on to the photo weirdness! I process my photos using photoshop elements. I was trying to merge two shots into one showing the front & the back to emphasize how frekin' tall they are. I use the panorama to do it automatically. It works great, but this time it seems to have gotten confused & instead of stitching them side-by-side as I was expecting it tried to merge them half-and-half. Done this dozens of times & its never given me results like this. I laffed when I saw it & thought some might find it funny too.

Its the sheer tallness of them with the platform that is not something I am normally attracted to, but these seemed to cute with the animal print to pass up. Once I got used to the height of them they are quite fun to walk in...

We all knew it was an assembled image. Well done.

7 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

We all knew it was an assembled image. Well done.

It did look as though chester wasn't sure if he was coming or going.   But I was more worried about the misaligned skirting board behind! 

9 hours ago, Puffer said:

It did look as though chester wasn't sure if he was coming or going.   But I was more worried about the misaligned skirting board behind! 

That's what I notices as well...lol

On 4/9/2021 at 3:20 AM, Puffer said:

Heck, I figured that was just a bump-out in the wall. Perception vs. reality? Haha! See discussion elsewhere.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:20 AM, Puffer said:

It could have been a 1' wall perpendicular to the the walls you see that was hidden behind his leg!!!

On 4/12/2021 at 2:43 PM, Cali said:

And of course @chesterx bought two left shoes.

That happened to my wife years ago. She bought some high heels from Italy via internet, and the company send 2 left pumps. She complained and send them back, they apologized and send 2 right pumps. She send them back and the money was returned. Strange, but somehow also funny .....

• Haha 3

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

I bought a pair of heels from eBay. when they showed up I looked the one over and slipped it on, then grabbed the other and not really looking at it slipped it on my other foot. The one shoe fit great, the other was uncomfortable beyond belief. As I took them off I realized I had two lefts. I contacted the seller and told them when I bought shoes I just assume I would get a right and a left. They were good about it and credited my money and told me to toss 'em.

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:52 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Just got these black pumps and burgundy D'Orsay's. The green pumps are the same as the black ones, had them for about 2 weeks. Incredibly comfortable with heels just shy of 5 inches. The brand is KRIS & JESSI. I got these from Aliexpress and can't be happier.

Very nice heels, and very good pictures. Thanks for sharing them! 👍

6 hours ago, StockingTop said:

New candy striped heels

Lovely pumps, i like the colour and the pattern! You made a good choice! 👍

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of those times when I was innocently browsing ebay and happened to run across something that struck my fancy, and I said to myself, "Yeah, I'm probably going to have to have those." As I have become more financially stable over the years, this sort of thing happens a lot more often. Just a few short years ago, I wouldn't have even clicked on these because of their expense ($109 plus shipping), but as you people know, I have sort of a weakness for this wooden heeled style. I'm not really crazy about the bows, but it's impossible to remove them without completely destroying the vamp because of the way they are attached.

Dolce & Gabbana open toed mules, 5 inch heel, 1 inch platform, size 39. They fit perfectly, and for some reason are much easier to walk in than my other pair of D&G mules of similar design and dimensions. One of the mysteries of life. I will also add that these shoes are obnoxiously loud on pavement. Not nearly as obnoxious as a straight-piped Harley, though. At least you can still have a conversation while walking in these shoes.

D&GFloralSide.jpg

D&GFloralTop.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

This was one of those times when I was innocently browsing ebay and happened to run across something that struck my fancy, and I said to myself, "Yeah, I'm probably going to have to have those." As I have become more financially stable over the years, this sort of thing happens a lot more often. Just a few short years ago, I wouldn't have even clicked on these because of their expense ($109 plus shipping), but as you people know, I have sort of a weakness for this wooden heeled style. I'm not really crazy about the bows, but it's impossible to remove them without completely destroying the vamp because of the way they are attached.

Dolce & Gabbana open toed mules, 5 inch heel, 1 inch platform, size 39. They fit perfectly, and for some reason are much easier to walk in than my other pair of D&G mules of similar design and dimensions. One of the mysteries of life. I will also add that these shoes are obnoxiously loud on pavement. Not nearly as obnoxious as a straight-piped Harley, though. At least you can still have a conversation while walking in these shoes.

D&GFloralSide.jpg

D&GFloralTop.jpg

Nice, well done. I have plenty of very so called "femme" heels. I'll Never get rid of them.

Ran into a coworker factory guy in an auto parts store today. I wasn't wearing heels this time but he stated he loved my purchase at the grocer yesterday.  I didn't see him, but loaded up on 6 different types of beer all the while in my leapord 5 inch stilettos. Kinda nice a day later to be complimented on something totally random in stilettos with no mention of the stilettos. Mind you, this guy is not someone I see on a regular basis or deal with at all. He recognized me way before I him. Honestly, no way he didn't see my shoes, but no judgement, no statements etc.

Like Melrose, just be yourself and be comfortable, it's never a problem.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2021 at 5:28 AM, chesterx said:

funny.jpg

They look great. I have learnt to love wedges!

On 4/19/2021 at 3:54 AM, StockingTop said:

New candy striped heels

175850686_130940972341915_4368624488710644130_n.thumb.jpg.eb0534d667165672031250ce2c0a4dce.jpg175934333_1134894030339647_7485566626868255632_n.thumb.jpg.3e3c4681a3397642c7820bbf9f8f91a9.jpg

Great classic look!

On 5/8/2021 at 6:46 AM, mlroseplant said:

They fit perfectly, and for some reason are much easier to walk in than my other pair of D&G mules of similar design and dimensions.

Personally, I can't even imagine trying to walk in those.  Yes, I would try them around the house and probably enjoy the experience, but I doubt I would ever adventure out in them.  Way beyond my capabilities.  But then, I am not the high heel pro you are ml.  You can blow away probably 90% of the female population when it comes to walking in heels.