Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Decided that while out and about in 4” heels can be fun, if I am going to be wearing them more often I should also get a practical pair. Got a deal on a pair of Cole Haan ‘Grand Ambition’ pumps in black leather. They are well padded and have a 3” heel. They feel low, considering the pair I wore to the mall to try them had 3-5/8” heels. Sales girl seemed amazed at how at ease I am in heels. *shrug*

250CD0F2-D886-48EF-B1CD-2998F6F06473.jpeg

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

On 3/5/2021 at 1:00 PM, RonC said:

Definitely something to be said for a pair of comfortable heels, especially if doing any amount of walking in them.  Nice looking pump.

Not going to lie, these may be the most comfortable heel’s I’ve ever had. Well worth checking out if there is a shop near you.

• Like 2

I ordered a used pair of Fifi 120’s from Vestiaire collective. They just passed quality control and should be here next week. I’m looking forward to getting them as I love my 100mm pair.

77FD8B06-CEB4-4897-9979-12D433CE2B5F.jpeg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, StockingTop said:

Black snakeskin from Asos, ssssssssss

161662602_908129109920122_1031625382641812660_n.jpg

Very nice!   And keeping the label on adds a touch of class 😜

The Penelope court, I assume, with 5" heel?   If so, what size did you buy - they seem to run small?

20% off at ASOS until 8am tomorrow: code CHARM.

Edited by Puffer
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Puffer said:

Very nice!   And keeping the label on adds a touch of class 😜

The Penelope court, I assume, with 5" heel?   If so, what size did you buy - they seem to run small?

20% off at ASOS until 8am tomorrow: code CHARM.

Indeed. I went for a 9 & they fit well. Thanks.

Here is my latest purchase--again unusual for me because of the heel height, or lack thereof. I have gotten stuck on these low-to-mid heeled Söfft sandals, and I'm not really sure why. I guess it's because they look really cool, despite their lack of vertical excess. Also, I have in the back of my mind practical shoes for backyard parties and such. I have no idea where I will ever attend so many events, pandemic or no pandemic, but if invited, I will be stylish nevertheless.

Söfft cork sandals (model name unknown) with a nearly 3" heel, slight platform and cool metal detail on the wedge. Frankly, they feel like flats, though I haven't worn them outside yet, so that may be a premature assessment.

SöfftCorkSide.jpg

SöfftCorkTop.jpg

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 5:30 AM, mlroseplant said:

Here is my latest purchase--again unusual for me because of the heel height, or lack thereof. I have gotten stuck on these low-to-mid heeled Söfft sandals, and I'm not really sure why. I guess it's because they look really cool, despite their lack of vertical excess. Also, I have in the back of my mind practical shoes for backyard parties and such. I have no idea where I will ever attend so many events, pandemic or no pandemic, but if invited, I will be stylish nevertheless.

Söfft cork sandals (model name unknown) with a nearly 3" heel, slight platform and cool metal detail on the wedge. Frankly, they feel like flats, though I haven't worn them outside yet, so that may be a premature assessment.

SöfftCorkSide.jpg

SöfftCorkTop.jpg

Those look like they'd be quite comfortable.  A pair I'd enjoy wearing I'm sure.

14 hours ago, RonC said:

Those look like they'd be quite comfortable.  A pair I'd enjoy wearing I'm sure.

In that case, here's another one you might like. A little bit higher, but firmly in the "mid-heel" category, as the net heel height is less than 3 inches. I have bought six pairs of these Söfft low-to-mid heels in the last couple of months. I have shared three of them so far, and I think I will stop with this pair. The fifth pair is very similar to the first, and the sixth pair I almost regret buying, because they are dangerously close to being kitten heels, which I can't stand. But the silver uppers are cool as hell!

I kind of have a thing with patent leather shoes. Perhaps it is because, like so many others on here have stated, I think @jetheelsfanbeing the most vocal about it, we boys were not allowed to wear patent leather as kids. That was for girls only. Which is funny, because otherwise, patent leather is kind of a pain in the ass. It doesn't stretch the same as regular leather, it's slippery on your foot, it can be sweaty/slimy, and if you damage the finish, that's pretty much it, there is no fixing it or covering it up like you can with regular leather.  Let's face it--the idea is often much better than the reality. Nevertheless, I could not resist getting a couple of pairs of summer shoes in patent leather.

The shoes pictured below have been modified. The not-quite-4-inch wedges, featuring a very lovely shade of brown patent leather and a one inch platform, originally were slingbacks. Those of you who know me know how I feel about slingbacks. In general, I hate how they look, and I hate how they feel. When I bought these, I knew I was going to cut off the backstraps. I had that in mind from the beginning. However, when I received them, I was hesitant to cut them off right away. I could get them on without undoing the buckle on the slingback, and they felt quite good to wear. I even wore them shopping once with the slingback intact, just to make sure. Later that evening, I looked in the mirror, and I just could not make myself like the look of them. After some minutes of indecision, I put a new razor blade in my utility knife, and I sliced the slingbacks off. I like them so much better now.

These are among the higher/steeper of my new collection of lower heels, but they definitely feel like heels--barely. The net heel height is probably about 2 7/8". It would seem that somewhere around 2 1/2", I can start to feel like I'm wearing heels, and I walk a little differently. Shorter than that, it's hard for me to discern the difference between the low heels and flats. Even without the slingbacks, these are definitely zooming around heels--no mincing steps necessary.

SöfftBrownPatentWedgeTop.jpg

SöfftBrownPatentWedgeSide.jpg

Edited by mlroseplant
Re-worded for clarity
  • Like 1

Those look like fun as well.  Personally, I wouldn't have minded the sling back to help hold the shoe on my foot, as I tend to throw off slide styles when I walk.

I very much like the look of patent leather was well.  That said, for public wear, I would be unlikely to go with patent as it becomes so much more obvious as to what you're wearing, and I prefer to remain pretty anonymous.

Edited by RonC
Added comment
  • Like 1

I'm totally different to you  RonC. I love wearing patent leather shoes and boots in public. I have them in black, red, white, blue, orange and green. The other day on St. Patrick's Day, I wore my green patent leather booties with black leggings with green shamrocks on them. A kelly green fleece top completed my ensemble. Got several compliments from the ladies, too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, Rockpup said:

I ordered a used pair of Fifi 120’s from Vestiaire collective. They just passed quality control and should be here next week. I’m looking forward to getting them as I love my 100mm pair.

77FD8B06-CEB4-4897-9979-12D433CE2B5F.jpeg

Breaking these in. Already far more comfortable then when I got them. Just need to be careful not to over stretch them.

1 hour ago, spikesmike said:

VirginHeels : 40 ?  If Mrs. lsolathor is 29 , You are in DEEP DooDoo .  mike

Then its very good for him that Mr. Isolathor has said she's 60. So Virginheels seems to be in very safe waters.

• Haha 1