Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I have known Constance (a brazilian brand that produces sizes up to 12W) for a long time, but their selection was very limited in that size. But last month, while Christmas shopping for my girlfriends mother, we found that they expanded the available models... the result was tragic for my credit card... 😜

Just loved the rhinestone style! Hard to stand for a long period, but very pretty! The other two are the same model in different colors. Very comfortable because of the platform. 

They are all a little bit over 5”... 🥳

98267A5C-66D5-4E6B-BA1F-2DCFD999A025.jpeg

1E2F3FF1-9358-4828-848B-AA201A0265B2.jpeg

1963FABA-26D0-4863-B90D-50A835803115.jpeg

• Like 4

On 1/13/2021 at 4:58 AM, StockingTop said:

138759155_3529650797153710_3118993713433360564_n.jpg

138211061_875369656596396_3461559819198984485_n.thumb.jpg.020f55bafdb8491e8ec911c698e5d54c.jpg

Lovely. I have been eyeing these myself.... love the classic stiletto pump look. 

15 hours ago, MMM said:

I have known Constance (a brazilian brand that produces sizes up to 12W) for a long time, but their selection was very limited in that size. But last month, while Christmas shopping for my girlfriends mother, we found that they expanded the available models... the result was tragic for my credit card... 😜

Just loved the rhinestone style! Hard to stand for a long period, but very pretty! The other two are the same model in different colors. Very comfortable because of the platform. 

They are all a little bit over 5”... 🥳

98267A5C-66D5-4E6B-BA1F-2DCFD999A025.jpeg

1E2F3FF1-9358-4828-848B-AA201A0265B2.jpeg

1963FABA-26D0-4863-B90D-50A835803115.jpeg

Love them all!

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Here we go, with pair No. 81. I think I'm done for quite a while, as I've spent too much money in the past few months between shoes and the holidays. These Dolce & Gabbana mules were another ebay purchase, but these came all the way from Russia, so they took a while to get here. It is not the first pair of shoes I have bought from Russia, but the other pair was so long ago that I cannot look up to see if it was from the same seller.

The reason I had to have this pair, even being from Russia, is that I had been looking for something pretty much exactly like this for years, and suddenly there it was, right in my feed. A denim upper open toe mule with a fairly high wooden heel. It was an auction, so I couldn't just snap it up right then and there, but after a few days, the auction ended, and it turns out I was the only bidder. I paid 79 USD, but it cost about 25 USD to ship from Russia, so the total cost was just over 100 bucks. The package took right at about exactly one month to get here, and that is even with the holiday season in full swing, so not bad at all.

Yes, I know, I got another designer brand (hangs head in shame), but it just so happens that all the stuff I've liked lately has been saddled with a "name" on it. Sue me. Now for the particulars: 5 1/2" genuine wooden heels, 1" platform, leather-lined fabric uppers, leather soles. Yet another pair of shoes I will have to get sole protectors on if I'm going to wear these out in the real world. Whether that will be happening soon is open to question. I cannot quite figure out why, but these shoes feel far steeper than the numbers would suggest. On the other hand, I haven't really gotten a chance to try them out properly, as I'm not silly enough to wear expensive leather bottomed shoes out in the snow. The footbed is almost ridiculously thickly padded, which makes the effective height of the shoes not insignificantly taller. It does feel like you're walking on bluejeans, which is kind of a curious feeling, but not a bad one. The uppers are a little tight, but I think this may turn out to be an advantage in the long run after things stretch out a bit. I've had plenty of shoes that seemed to fit perfectly get too loose after a few miles.

In short, yes, they are super cool, yes, I'm happy with my purchase, but too soon to tell if I will be reaching for them often come summer. A lot of it depends on how comfortable I become at walking at the top of my height range, and I might better take some video of myself walking before I go out in public, just to make sure.

D&GDenimTop.jpg

D&GDenimSide.jpg

I generally don't like Mules. But these have a certain appeal to them. maybe its the denim style. Very nice! Enjoy wearing them.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:12 PM, XtremeHeels said:

My new Giaro Galanna Oxford Shoes!!!

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

My new Giaro Galanna Oxford Shoes!!!

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

they look amazing on you hun .

On 1/19/2021 at 5:13 PM, bailey said:

I have just the perfect top for them..😁

20190501_135217-865x1779.jpg

Lovely heels your in.

• Like 1

A stop in the local Macy's and DSW stores yesterday was depressing.  At Macy's, while the shoe department hasn't shrunk in terms of floor space, they took out at least half of the display racks, with the number of offerings of dress shoes/heels shrinking probably by that amount as well.  DSW was even worse.  While I had become accustomed to the reduced offerings, there were still two full length double sided aisles of heels and dress shoes.  Yesterday, the dress shoes were limited to three 1/2 length sides, not even the equivalent to a full two sided aisle of offerings (not counting heeled boots here).  It is painful to see the availability of heels fall so drastically in the stores, especially when i can remember what was likely four double sided aisles with heel after heel on display.  I'll never forget the first DSW I visited.  I thought it was heaven!  Now, it's gym shoe hell!

The shoe stores around Louisville are dropping a lot of the larger sizes and going to tennis shoes . then there are all the other's like Payless and Rack Room that are closing / closed the doors . I haven't been out shoe shopping in almost two years , mostly due to the pandemic but , as of late cause there is nothing on the shelves . My wife had a hard time finding my daughter a pair of winter boots and she only wears a size 7 . My wife and I have gone to online shopping and hope for the best . I am beginning to wonder if dress shoes are going to be needed . 😞

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, maninpumps said:

The shoe stores around Louisville are dropping a lot of the larger sizes and going to tennis shoes . then there are all the other's like Payless and Rack Room that are closing / closed the doors . I haven't been out shoe shopping in almost two years , mostly due to the pandemic but , as of late cause there is nothing on the shelves . My wife had a hard time finding my daughter a pair of winter boots and she only wears a size 7 . My wife and I have gone to online shopping and hope for the best . I am beginning to wonder if dress shoes are going to be needed . 😞

I predict when people go back to the office, and they will (because they are tried of being stuck at home) I suspect the women will want to show new outfits and I hope new heels will follow..........or maybe I'm just a dreamer.

• Like 1

People might or might not get tired of working at home - some will, a lot won’t - but the companies for which they work will see big savings in not having to rent high priced office space for rank and file staff that can do their work remotely. I think the idea of workplace will change fundamentally. There won’t be any going back to business as usual

I was reading a article in the Guardian the other day at work. They were interviewing 5 folk, one teacher was in there. Last year in lockdown 1 she decided that athleisuire wear was appropriate to wear for her zoom/teams lessons for her lessons. This time in lockdown 3 she decided that it’s not happening this time. She gets up in the morning and gets dressed, blouse/skirt and heels. She is doing it as it’s her way of telling herself it’s now time to teach. The quality of her lessons have improved, the grades of the kids have gone up, and importantly the girls and some boys have now 3/4 weeks into it have now started to wear their uniforms when remote learning. The ones wearing their uniforms at home are now more likely to have a anticipated B grade or higher. She said she loves wearing her heels at home as she can wear the other pairs that she can’t wear into the classroom as they would be seen as somewhat unprofessional.

Also, at my work, I was talking to a girl who works for the police on the civilian side, and she is saying that the heels are going back on in the office, she said this time 18 months ago heels were few and far between, the 180 women in there only had about 15% with a stiletto heel and another 15% with another heel type. Now that times are lean the heels are going back on, now it’s by her estimation that 60% or more have heels on, and the heights are increasing. More interesting she said was the guys were ditching their trainers for shoes and Cuban heels, so it’s not only the women.

The Telegraph had a article on it recently as well, they are anticipating that when the office environment comes back it will be different, you may only be in there 5 days over 2 weeks. However they also anticipate that men will bring out smart suits again, with shoes making a return. Women will want to impress with longer skirts, nice blouses, dresses will also return, hosiery will see a boom as well. They also think more women will be in heels, they say the ones wearing them now will go higher, the ones not wearing will have to.

Heels will return, not right now, but give it a good 12-18 months and see where we will be.

• Like 3

As a freelance I’ve been working from home for the past 25 years, except when I’m on the road in assignment, and I’ve always found it best to change into work clothes at the start of the day to remind yourself that you are at work and not slobbing around at home. It doesn’t really matter what you change into as long as it sets the tone in your own mind that now you are in the office. In my case it’s always boots and jeans...

• Like 1

I know I said I wasn't going to buy any more shoes for a while, but.  .  . I might have done a thing. For some dumb reason, I decided I needed something a little more practical in my wardrobe, and you can't get much more practical than these--Sofft nude patent sandals with 2" wedge heel. And a little extra bling on the side. For those backyard barbecues that maybe we'll get to have this year. The actual color is perhaps a little bit lighter than these photos show.

SofftNudeFlatTop.jpg

SofftNudeFlatSide.jpg

@mlroseplant Wow.  I can't decide if that is out of, or well within, your comfort zone....lol.

After bashing DSW in an earlier post, I have to recant a bit.  I stopped at another store Wednesday and the selection of dress shoes/heels there was probably close to double that of the previously mentioned store.  And they even had some size 11's on the shelves, which I hadn't seen much of at DSW in some time.

Edited by RonC
Fix typos
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, RonC said:

@mlroseplant Wow.  I can't decide if that is out of, or well within, your comfort zone....lol.

I really don't know either. Physically, they might as well be flats, and since they have the second instep strap, they are not flappy at all--one can really zoom around in these things. Mentally/psychologically, they are really quite feminine looking. I do not know how much I will end up wearing them. I am not so sure it's a paradigm shift, but finally I have to ask myself if it's really necessary to wear ridiculously high heels everywhere I go.

My new Hey Si Mey mules have arrive. I love these shoes. I have them in black too. They fit perfectly and they hold my foot firmly but without any pinch. There is no slipping and of course there is the sole slap when I walk. I can't recommend the Hey Si Mey's enough. These are Chinese and yes I got them through Aliexpress, but you can't go wrong. They picture their own shoes, so you get what you see. The heel height increases with size as it should. I highly recommend this brand, wished they made more than just red and black though, I'd buy many more if they did.

hh2.jpg

hh1.jpg

• Like 8

Good looking heels!

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I am not so sure it's a paradigm shift, but finally I have to ask myself if it's really necessary to wear ridiculously high heels everywhere I go.

For me personally, I find I am attracted to the more feminine styles.  As such, while I prefer higher (though not to your standards!) heels, I would likely get a fair amount of enjoyment from wearing a lower heel.  I have only owned a few with lower heels because when you can only have so many shoes at once you tend to be attracted to those that you like the most, I have enjoyed my time in the lower heeled shoes.  They are definitely more comfortable to walk in, and when I look down at my feet, I still get the enjoyment of a feminine appearance.  If I had the same level of confidence as you in terms of my willingness to be seen in heels, I would happily wear that pair, as they fit my definition of a feminine style.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

My new Hey Si Mey mules have arrive. I love these shoes. I have them in black too. They fit perfectly and they hold my foot firmly but without any pinch. There is no slipping and of course there is the sole slap when I walk. I can't recommend the Hey Si Mey's enough. These are Chinese and yes I got them through Aliexpress, but you can't go wrong. They picture their own shoes, so you get what you see. The heel height increases with size as it should. I highly recommend this brand, wished they made more than just red and black though, I'd buy many more if they did.

Hey there Joe, would you mind measuring the exact heel height to where the heel meets the footbed? And I assume you ordered these in size 42 or so? I am trying to figure out if I dare order another pair of Hey Si Mey shoes or not. You know the troubles I had with the ones I bought before. I am wondering if they bump the heel height up right at my size 40, and use that same heel for the next 2 or 3 sizes. I have run into this before with Michael Kors, where the heel height increases significantly between sizes 8 1/2 and 9.

• Like 1