Who has bought some new shoes

gj

23 hours ago, maninpumps said:

you may want to check out Torrid , Lane Bryant or Woman Within they all carry size 13 heels and some of the Torrid shoes run larger . 

I believe that they have large sizes on line, but he was speaking to in store experiences.  I doubt you'd find anything much in a size 13 in stores, and if they had some, likely would not be much heel wise.  At least that has been my experience with Torrid and Lane Bryant.  I've never seen a Woman Within store.  Do they exist?

4 hours ago, RonC said:

I believe that they have large sizes on line, but he was speaking to in store experiences.  I doubt you'd find anything much in a size 13 in stores, and if they had some, likely would not be much heel wise.  At least that has been my experience with Torrid and Lane Bryant.  I've never seen a Woman Within store.  Do they exist?

I must be misunderstanding everything , Then  again , I live in the Louisville , KY area and have found size 13 in both Lane Bryant and Torrid even a few times in the Shoe Show . Woman Within is an online store . 

2 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

I love the Mary Jane ones. Should be a great feeling to walk in these outside. 

Absolutely. Love showing them off. Amazing fit, the soles don't just go up, the bend back towards level at the top. High arch i guess makes these 5 inch heels very easy to walk in and surprisingly comfortable. 

• Like 1

I have been looking for new heels for some time but haven't see anything I wanted. Well Jessica Simpson just reduced a pair of lace-up stilettos booties to FINAL SALE, so I got them.  You can NEVER have too many blue suede shoes.

Then Macy's had a 40% sale so I also got a pair of knee high Nine West leather boots with a 4.33 in heel.

Photos when I get them.

Got these today from a local online buy and sell.  They are in mint condition!  The owner said they were worn once if they were worn at all. The brand is "c label". They are a purplish pink snakeskin.  The heel measures 4.25".  And the best part is I only paid $10!

20201120_194850.jpg

• Like 3

I just put my new tall Nine West boots in the boots thread.  Also at my doorstep today was my new Jessica Simpson's Riene, lace up stiletto booties.  These are in Navy Suede.  You can never have too many blue suede shoes. Tried them on with my martini party socks. Went up in size because I am learning about JS sizing and their shoe shape. I have a high arch and high foot ridge so many of their shoes I cant get my foot in. But some fit perfectly. These Riene are tough to get past that point (now) but once on they are great. Very comfortable and easy to walk in.

JSRiene01H.JPG

JSRiene02H.jpg

• Like 5

It's been about 3 months since I last got some new shoes, but I have made up for it since. I got 5 new pairs all at once, so I'll dole them out a little at a time, due to upload limitations. Hopefully, I can get some better pictures in the coming days than the typical top-of-the-washing-machine shot, but the washing machine shots are quick and dirty.

First up are some Venus brand denim fabric sandals. I have always wanted some denim sandals, but have not had the chance to actually get my hands on some both in my price range and my preferred style until now. I got these from Poshmark for like 20 bucks plus shipping, and they arrived at my doorstep in a reasonable amount of time, insanely well packaged for such a cheap pair of shoes. And they are cheap, don't get me wrong. Unlike some of my other purchases as of late, these are your cheap, man-made material, Chinese, throw-away kind of shoe, but they're great! 4 5/8" heel, no platform, they're a bit steep for me, but the learning curve is there, I'm already getting better at walking in them. It's all about increasing ankle flexibility, maybe an old dog can learn new tricks. There is a bit of fraying fabric at the heel tip of one of the shoes, but it really doesn't bug me, it almost fits in with the style of the shoe. I might try to trim it with a cuticle nipper or something similar later.

VenusDenimMuleTop.jpg

VenusDeminMuleSide.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It's been about 3 months since I last got some new shoes, but I have made up for it since. I got 5 new pairs all at once, so I'll dole them out a little at a time, due to upload limitations. Hopefully, I can get some better pictures in the coming days than the typical top-of-the-washing-machine shot, but the washing machine shots are quick and dirty.

First up are some Venus brand denim fabric sandals. I have always wanted some denim sandals, but have not had the chance to actually get my hands on some both in my price range and my preferred style until now. I got these from Poshmark for like 20 bucks plus shipping, and they arrived at my doorstep in a reasonable amount of time, insanely well packaged for such a cheap pair of shoes. And they are cheap, don't get me wrong. Unlike some of my other purchases as of late, these are your cheap, man-made material, Chinese, throw-away kind of shoe, but they're great! 4 5/8" heel, no platform, they're a bit steep for me, but the learning curve is there, I'm already getting better at walking in them. It's all about increasing ankle flexibility, maybe an old dog can learn new tricks. There is a bit of fraying fabric at the heel tip of one of the shoes, but it really doesn't bug me, it almost fits in with the style of the shoe. I might try to trim it with a cuticle nipper or something similar later.

VenusDenimMuleTop.jpg

VenusDeminMuleSide.jpg

I'm not generally a fan of mules. maybe its the denim look of these - but i really like them.  Enjoy!

10 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Definitely “girls shoes “.

Yes, I suppose so, and that's OK! I definitely could not have imagined wearing such shoes 8 years ago.

1 hour ago, jeremy1986 said:

I'm not generally a fan of mules. maybe its the denim look of these - but i really like them.  Enjoy!

Well, you know me, over half my collection is mules, and I just bought half a dozen more pairs, so it's bound to be a supermajority now. I actually found a pair of Nine West denim sandals a couple of years ago, which were probably a lot more practical than these. However, it took me a while to figure out why the left shoe fit so much more snugly than the right. It was then I discovered that the seller had sent me one size 8 1/2, and one size 7 1/2. I got my money back, but I'm afraid the same pair in the opposite configuration was not to be found! We'll see if I can master these well enough to wear them out sometime. They actually fit remarkably well!

• Like 3

I bought these today on sale for $17.99.  Adrianne Vittadini Noon.  Heel height is right about 4" in my size 11.  While them seem reasonably comfortable, my toes do squish down into the point and in the brief walk I took in them they were causing some discomfort on the little toe of my larger right foot.  I bought the sling backs thinking that the adjustable sling would allow me to account for my two different sized feet, which it did.  I was able to tighten the left foot strap so it stayed on my foot.  However, it is surprising how much more challenging a sling is than a closed back pump when it comes to walking in them.  I do like the retro 1980's look of these however.  It's not real apparent here, but these have a "V" throat.  Makes my foot look narrow!

image.thumb.png.99951b82e92093f4e59f1cbf80a789a3.png

Edited by RonC
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, RonC said:

I bought these today on sale for $17.99.  Adrianne Vittadini Noon.  Heel height is right about 4" in my size 11.  While them seem reasonably comfortable, my toes do squish down into the point and in the brief walk I took in them they were causing some discomfort on the little toe of my larger right foot.  I bought the sling backs thinking that the adjustable sling would allow me to account for my two different sized feet, which it did.  I was able to tighten the left foot strap so it stayed on my foot.  However, it is surprising how much more challenging a sling is than a closed back pump when it comes to walking in them.  I do like the retro 1980's look of these however.  It's not real apparent here, but these have a "V" throat.  Makes my foot look narrow!

Slings are tougher than they look, aren't they? It's almost like wearing a mule, only with a strap which is likely to rub a blister on the back of your heel. I've only had one pair of slings that I liked, and unfortunately they turned out to be the opposite of durable. They were not long for this world. Great looking classic pair of shoes you got there! I hope they settle down, straighten up, and fly right!

As promised, here is the second pair of shoes I have purchased in the last couple of weeks. Here is a pair of Bruno Magli "Kira" wedges in blue suede. Why I bought these, I have no idea. First of all, they're wedges, and I'm not a big wedge guy. Second, they're not very tall, at just under 4 inches, and I generally like my heels to be taller than that. Third, they're suede, which I am loathe to do because.  .  . it's Iowa. Fourth, they're a designer brand, and they weren't cheap. I paid 90 bucks for these silly shoes, but when they came, I knew why I had bought them. They are indescribably gorgeous, and perfect in every way.

Unfortunately, that also makes me afraid to wear them. They seem too delicate to stand up to much of the real world. I will have to purchase some suede protector for sure, and even then, it's going to make me sad when this beautiful color and texture is besmirched somehow, as it inevitably will be. In addition to that, I think I'd better get these to my cobbler right away to have a sole protector put on before I ever put foot on concrete. The soles, just like the uppers, are incredibly beautiful, right down to their shape, which I have included here for your viewing pleasure. However, they are made of incredibly thin, delicate-feeling leather. I don't see it lasting very long at all, and that's if the weather is dry. So.  .  . [heavy sigh].  .  . I have mixed feelings. At least they fit.

Speaking of fit, these are size 38 1/2, which translates differently depending on brand. In my experience, it often translates to U.S. Women's size 8.5, but with some brands, it's more like 7.5. In this case, I'd call these about an 8. Maybe a strong 8. They're a bit on the small side for an 8.5. That doesn't bug me, because the straps accommodate my feet, and will comfortably after a few wears. I don't like a lot of excess sandal sticking out in front of my toes or behind my heel, and the length on these shoes is just right. I wouldn't want them to be 1/4" shorter, but they're just right they way they are. If it had been available, I might have ordered a 39, but that would probably become too loose after just a few wears.

BMKiraWedgeSole.jpg

BMKiraWedgeTop.jpg

BMKiraWedgeSide.jpg

• Like 5