Who has bought some new shoes

gj

17 hours ago, RonC said:

Wow, I am batting .000 recently.  I ordered one pair of pumps in 11W and could barely get my foot in them.  A second pair of pumps in 11W and I walked right out of them.  Then a pair of block heel booties in 11M and while the toe box was plenty roomy, they were way to snug across the ball of my foot and rubbed across the instep.  All had to go back, darn it.

9 hours ago, Cali said:

You win some, you lose some.  I'm batting a 0.000 too. One pair, size 10 was too small and size 11 was too large. But there hasn't been anything I was really interested in this years shoes.

That is the one thing that prevents me from ordering a pair of shoes from a place like Italianheels or Fuss or Peter Chu. I'm willing to waste a small amount of money taking a chance on ebay or Poshmark, but once you get up there into the 200 dollar range, mmmm. That kind of hurts if it doesn't work out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

That is the one thing that prevents me from ordering a pair of shoes from a place like Italianheels or Fuss or Peter Chu. I'm willing to waste a small amount of money taking a chance on ebay or Poshmark, but once you get up there into the 200 dollar range, mmmm. That kind of hurts if it doesn't work out.

There's a Peter Chu in the Duty Free Zone at Sydney Airport.  I got dropped off early as one of my cousins was on his way to work.  Since I had 3 hours to kill, I wanted to try on some of the heels.  But they only had up to size 8. The saleswoman said she was a size 9 and can't try them on herself.

Now if these Madden boots had full zippers ....

STEVEMADDEN-BOOTS_VAVA_BROWN-COW_INSIDE_grande.jpg

Edited by Cali

Hello to men in high heel place. Yesterday - 10-10-2020  Saturday - I received a pair of Black shiny high heel oxfords.

They were advertised as having a 5.5" high heel. Waited months for them to arrive. They have a 6.5" high heel. 5.5"

high heel is a shoe I can wear all day long ( in public ). 6.5 is an inch to high for daily running around. Sent a bitch gram to ebay. Don't think it will do any good. So, How about some feed back to those of you out there who have been screwed. spikesmike post-26480-133522951836_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The shoes pictured don't look to be over 5.5", very nice by the way.

You can contact eBay directly to resolve the issue. It'll take some time. Send them picture if shoes and heel height. They will access your email to the seller you sent using their links and will contact said selller for response. If they don't respond you'll be refunded via the site. Worth the try.

You have a picture of the offending shoes?

18 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Hello to men in high heel place. Yesterday - 10-10-2020  Saturday - I received a pair of Black shiny high heel oxfords.

They were advertised as having a 5.5" high heel. Waited months for them to arrive. They have a 6.5" high heel. 5.5"

high heel is a shoe I can wear all day long ( in public ). 6.5 is an inch to high for daily running around. Sent a bitch gram to ebay. Don't think it will do any good. So, How about some feed back to those of you out there who have been screwed. spikesmike 

If those shown are the mis-sold shoes, they are not 'Oxfords' (as I understand them to be) but courts (pumps) with an ankle strap.   And they certainly don't look higher than 5.5".   Oxfords are a lace-up shoe, often with a toecap, e.g. these:

Peter Chu Shoes 6 Inch Heels Forever (ForeverHeels.com) - OXFORD: Handmade  Leather High Heels, Sandals, Boots, 6ihf, 6 Inch Heels, 8 Inch (20cm) Gold  and Silver Metallic Heel Shoes, Wedding Dresses, Corsets, and Gloves

Edited by Puffer

puffer : You are correct. Oxfords are a lace up shoe. Yes I have several pair of them. Problem is the pictures I have of my oxfords will not transpose on to this site. So, I put up any other picture I have for other high heel lovers to view. I will keep trying to post pictures from my photo album.   Mike5913562fa8e85_DSCF5236(1).thumb.JPG.7bf11a038fa726a2194facdb779bde8c.JPG

• Like 3

On 10/12/2020 at 12:18 PM, Mr. X said:

I was browsing through some of the local online buy and sells and I came across these.  The seller said they were only worn once or twice each.  The brand is Charlotte Russe.  They are essentially the same shoes.  One in a black sparkle and the other is a silver sparkle.  They both look amazing!  And what really puts these over the top is the bubblegum pink bottoms on each one.  You don't see that too often!  The heels measure 4 3/4" on each.  And the lack of a platform gives each pair that classic stiletto look.  As much as I love the black ones I think I like the silver ones even more!  They have a definite "Barbie" feel to them.  Especially because of all the glitter and the pink bottoms.  And the best part is that I got both pairs for $25!

20201012_1112211.jpg

20201012_1115581.jpg

Love the shoes, Charlotte Russe are a lower mid level make, but great buy for that price. 

14 hours ago, CAT said:

Those are awesome, I have a pair of Nine West's like that   very comfy!!

I know exactly what shoes you're talking about! But the Nine Wests aren't quite so fetishy looking, and I can't quite figure out why. Is is because they aren't stilettos? Is it because they are not quite as high and/or platform-y?

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I know exactly what shoes you're talking about! But the Nine Wests aren't quite so fetishy looking, and I can't quite figure out why. Is is because they aren't stilettos? Is it because they are not quite as high and/or platform-y?

I have 2  pairs that are black and brownish red.  They are prob a 5" heel with a 1/2-3/4" platform.   The heel is closer to but not a stiletto but far away from a chunky heel.  Very comfy, not fetishy at all, I see them as business dress!!  I WISH i could were them for business, but as usual I'm in the steel toe work boots.  I sure picked the wrong profession for the clothes I like to wear.   To bad there are no do overs ;-(

• Like 2

IMO, they have sort of a professional look even though they have a 6-3/4” Heel and a 1-1/4” Platform for a “Real Feel”  of 5-1/2”. They have grippy soles which makes it quite safe for walking on wet floors

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CAT said:

I have 2  pairs that are black and brownish red.  They are prob a 5" heel with a 1/2-3/4" platform.   The heel is closer to but not a stiletto but far away from a chunky heel.  Very comfy, not fetishy at all, I see them as business dress!!  I WISH i could were them for business, but as usual I'm in the steel toe work boots.  I sure picked the wrong profession for the clothes I like to wear.   To bad there are no do overs ;-(

I have often thought the same thing, but this is my third career, and I really can't think of anything I'd rather be. I like being an electrician. Even if I got "promoted" into the office, which is not beyond the realm of possibility, I don't think I could wear my preferred clothes in there--not without a lot of conflict. I would probably turn down an office job, anyway.

It is true that the Nine West "Sizzle" could easily be an all-day, every-day kind of office shoe without even giving it a second thought, for us experienced and trained heelers!

@HiHeeler, what size are you? In my size, a 5 1/2" difference would have my arch nearly vertical! Which I can't do.

Edited by mlroseplant
Further thoughts
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:26 PM, HiHeeler said:

Not new but rediscovered in my closet. BEBE 5 inch Double Strap.  Worn three different ways. Any favorite look???

DSC03185.jpg

Nice re-discovery as a good surprise.  I have always had a real soft spot for the multi-strap Mary-Janes.  My first foray into the world of special foot ware was a pair which were described in a 1970 Fall Montgomery Ward sales catalog as a "Trio of Tiny Straps" for a cost of $3.99.  At that time, I was barely over a size 10 but was able to enjoy them until the material began to crack and split.  

Sadly since the demise of Payless Shoe stores, my days of buying are apparently over.  It was a pleasant experience to shop and try different shoes in the size 13 allocation with the approval and help of the sales associates in most of the stores.  I was reminiscing this morning as I usually went shopping this time of year looking for a pair to compliment my Halloween outfit.  Too bad … too sad...

• Like 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

14 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

These lovely pumps arrived yesterday. They are right at 5" and for me absolutely perfect. The heels are not straight down which is so a relief. I'm seeing more and more properly located and shaped heels these days. I wore these for about 8 hrs yesterday and they are extremely comfortable. They are a 42, and listed as 10.5 on Amazon, so definitely run true to size. I bought two more from this company as a result of my love of these pumps.

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j4.jpg

j5.png

j3.jpg

I ordered the same pumps, awaiting their arrival. Love the look

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jetheelsfan said:

Sadly since the demise of Payless Shoe stores, my days of buying are apparently over.  It was a pleasant experience to shop and try different shoes in the size 13 allocation with the approval and help of the sales associates in most of the stores.  I was reminiscing this morning as I usually went shopping this time of year looking for a pair to compliment my Halloween outfit.  Too bad … too sad...

Quite understandable, as size 13 is indeed very, very rare.  I have seen some at Nordstrom Rack stores if you happen to have one anywhere nearby.  A small selection but some nice heels.

• Like 1