Who has bought some new shoes

gj

6 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Super cute! I very much like sandals in this style, but I have shied away from ever buying any, because I'm afraid such thin straps would be uncomfortable after a short period.

the straps are judiciously placed, no friction, no pain.  just the slightly dizzying height, but I'm used to it.  they are handcrafted and made to order.  a little expensive, but not a Chinese product.  really high quality, therefore comfortable.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cali said:

Be careful with your baby toes in those heels. Toes operations are extremely painful.

Yes, one has to be very aware of foot position in such shoes. They actually remind me of a time I was riding a bus in Hanoi, and one of the other passengers was a young gal wearing sandals very similar to that. It was very crowded on that bus, and both of us were standing. The way she was standing, which is normal for a girl, especially an Asian girl, was to have her feet very close together, but for balance reasons, she had one foot slightly in front of the other. I thought to myself one bad bump and the poor girl is going to accidentally bring that stiletto heel right on top of the toes of her other foot. I'm sure that would feel awesome. To no extent at all.

I have to say that those just do not look comfortable at all.  The slant of the back of the foot, the bend at the ball of the foot and the strap on the little toe would all seem to be problematic.  Enjoyable for home wear!

I agree, I generally avoid sandals with a single narrow strap over the toes. Wide straps, or multiple straps are much more comfortable, or wearing hosiery with the sandals helps. That little toe can be a problem. I did buy a pair of sandals this summer with multiple straps, Jessica Simpson Zetta. I have to "watch" the toes straps, but they were only $15 so I couldn't pass them up!

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/jessica-simpson-zelta-sandal/477421?activeColor=001

7 hours ago, Pumped said:

I agree, I generally avoid sandals with a single narrow strap over the toes. Wide straps, or multiple straps are much more comfortable, or wearing hosiery with the sandals helps. That little toe can be a problem. I did buy a pair of sandals this summer with multiple straps, Jessica Simpson Zetta. I have to "watch" the toes straps, but they were only $15 so I couldn't pass them up!

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/jessica-simpson-zelta-sandal/477421?activeColor=001

Wow.  Talk about strappy!!

13 hours ago, HiHeeler said:

Just got these. The super arch makes these very comfortable and the round toe is a bonus.

The toe-cleavage is attractive, but coupled with the round toe and high heel it does make the shoes look foreshortened.   Imho they need a 'point extension' to look more balanced and elegant.  Such an extension would not make them less comfortable unless it was very long.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

The toe-cleavage is attractive, but coupled with the round toe and high heel it does make the shoes look foreshortened.   Imho they need a 'point extension' to look more balanced and elegant.  Such an extension would not make them less comfortable unless it was very long.

Some people with big feet might see this as an advantage. Or why not wear them with long, boot cut pants, and people could wonder what unfortunate accident transpired to make you lose your feet.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, HiHeeler said:

Just got these. The super arch makes these very comfortable and the round toe is a bonus.

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1227.jpg

Not only do I like the heels, but the fishnet hose look great. Fishnet hose is a favorite of mine too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I like those Jkrenzer.  I have been wanting to get a pair of slingbacks.  All the ones I ever see are very clunky looking in the front.  Or they have some stupid platform.  It's hard to find sleek and sexy looking slings with a decent height on the heel

9 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I like those Jkrenzer.  I have been wanting to get a pair of slingbacks.  All the ones I ever see are very clunky looking in the front.  Or they have some stupid platform.  It's hard to find sleek and sexy looking slings with a decent height on the heel

They are on eBay right now for $39 including shipping. 

• Like 1

Wow, I am batting .000 recently.  I ordered one pair of pumps in 11W and could barely get my foot in them.  A second pair of pumps in 11W and I walked right out of them.  Then a pair of block heel booties in 11M and while the toe box was plenty roomy, they were way to snug across the ball of my foot and rubbed across the instep.  All had to go back, darn it.

You win some, you lose some.  I'm batting a 0.000 too. One pair, size 10 was too small and size 11 was too large. But there hasn't been anything I was really interested in this years shoes.

Edited by Cali