Who has bought some new shoes

gj

17 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Really, i have the same shoes in tan, size 10. A bit tightas expected because my.true size is 10.5.

I was unaware they came in tan.  It's funny you mention the tightness. When I tried them on in the store they fit easily. But now at home they are fitting a little tight.

Just picked up a pair of these yesterday. Schuh "Lois". I've been wanting a pair of these for some time but were quite pricy on eBay as they are discontinued (I think). Luckily there was a pair going locally second hand (new condition), and in the nude color I wanted. 

They feel very high on for a 5" heel but have nice cushioned inners and feel very comfy on. A real bargain at 8£ too :)

Stunning-Lois-Point-Patent-Cream-Killer-Stiletto-Heels.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NrthEastHeel said:

Just picked up a pair of these yesterday. Schuh "Lois". I've been wanting a pair of these for some time but were quite pricy on eBay as they are discontinued (I think). Luckily there was a pair going locally second hand (new condition), and in the nude color I wanted. 

They feel very high on for a 5" heel but have nice cushioned inners and feel very comfy on. A real bargain at 8£ too :)

Nice shoes, but I recall that owners of these Lois courts consistently complained that they ran small by at least one size.   What size are yours, and are they the size you usually wear?

Just now, Puffer said:

Nice shoes, but I recall that owners of these Lois courts consistently complained that they ran small by at least one size.   What size are yours, and are they the size you usually wear?

I did some research before committing, and also read the same. These are 1 size larger than my normal size (39, I'm a 38). Fit perfectly too. :)

13 hours ago, NrthEastHeel said:

I did some research before committing, and also read the same. These are 1 size larger than my normal size (39, I'm a 38). Fit perfectly too. :)

I'm not sure whether I envy your tiny feet, but I do envy the choice of shoes open to you!

On 8/7/2020 at 12:59 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Just arrived 3 pr of Shoe Republic LA. Just shy of 5 inch heels. 10 dollars eac on ebay. They are a touch tight but shoukd break in fine. These are a well made middle quality heel and i like them. The soles are rubbery but do wear into a harder white colored surface. I like that as the soles last longer. I really miss the super hard soles of the 80's shoes.

20200806_175815.jpg

Excellent heels and color selection !

On 8/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Very nice indeed. What size are they? the angle looks quite steep, for a 5" heel

Excellent find

On 8/16/2020 at 2:10 AM, Mr. X said:

Here are my latest beauties!  They are Justfab and the model is Tilla.  The heel measures 5 inches.  And the best part is they are practically brand new and I found them in a thrift store for 15 bucks!

20200815_2036071.jpg

Excellent find! 

On 8/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Very nice indeed. What size are they? the angle looks quite steep, for a 5" heel

I find your observation interesting, but I realize that the sort of collective vision of this group is slightly skewed, because of generally having larger feet. These look completely normal to me for 5" heels, which is to say, I can't walk gracefully in them. For most guys on here who are, say, size 12, a 5" heel is no big deal. At the other end of the spectrum, for my friend who is size 5.5, a 5" heel would be unbelievably extreme.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I find your observation interesting, but I realize that the sort of collective vision of this group is slightly skewed, because of generally having larger feet. These look completely normal to me for 5" heels, which is to say, I can't walk gracefully in them. For most guys on here who are, say, size 12, a 5" heel is no big deal. At the other end of the spectrum, for my friend who is size 5.5, a 5" heel would be unbelievably extreme.

Could just be the d'orsay style, that make them look steeper than they really are. 

chrigi-ch : I like those 20cm. heels. Don't think I have a pair like them . First question - Who is the seller/retailer who sells them ? If these are a size 45 EUR . then they should have my size 44 EUR.  Second question - Do they run true to size - run large or small ?   spikesmike   IMG_0059_old.thumb.JPG.858d9643eb01239786d352f2d1df8f09.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 4:36 PM, spikesmike said:

chrigi-ch : I like those 20cm. heels. Don't think I have a pair like them . First question - Who is the seller/retailer who sells them ? If these are a size 45 EUR . then they should have my size 44 EUR.  Second question - Do they run true to size - run large or small ?   spikesmike   IMG_0059_old.thumb.JPG.858d9643eb01239786d352f2d1df8f09.JPG

Hey Spikesmike,

I got those from aliexpress.com seller: sobern

They sell up to size 47 so good hope for you.
I normally wear size EU43 and these are 45 - so far from true to size....

• 2 weeks later...

My shoe buying habit has slowed way down as of late, but I perused my usual searches on ebay the other day, and thought, "I'm going to buy those." They are, and yet are not, outside of my usual taste in shoes. Plus, they were 25 USD plus shipping, so I thought, "Why not?" When they arrived yesterday, way ahead of schedule, despite the troubles that the USPS has been experiencing as of late, I was less than thrilled with the packing job the seller did, but nevertheless, the shoes seemed to have arrived undamaged. They are Shoedazzle "Alexa," 4 3/4" heels with no platform. The uppers are a kind of a mesh, rainbow-colored fabric, and the heels are a sort of faux suede. Both of these features would be outside of my normal buying range. The general style and height of heel would be usual for me, so you can see the dichotomy.

The length, size 8 1/2 U.S. Women's, is just perfect for me. The fit of the single strap is just a tiny bit loose, but with the addition of some ball-of-foot pads (I prefer Foot Petals "tip toes"), they fit perfectly. Despite the fact that they fail Chyna Whyne's "rocking test" miserably, they are very easy to walk in, despite their height and supposed instability. I've mentioned this before, but this Rocking Test business, in my experience, has little value. Some of my best walking shoes fail this test. As long as they sit straight upright at rest, there seems to be no correlation between passing the test and walking comfort. I don't know why, but this woman bugs the s*** out of me. I think she is doing the high heel wearing world (at least on the female side) a service, but I can't stand her. And take those ridiculous sunglasses off of your head! You're filming indoors, for god's sake.

ShoeDazzleSide.jpg

ShoeDazzleTop.jpg

Well, I like these better than the other pair with the real wide upper band and platform as I much prefer single soles, and I kind of like the see-through fabric of the upper, but that upper is still, for me, too much.  But I have a feeling they would be comfortable (I'd need a lower heel though as I'm physically averse to heels that high....lol)

Just perfect for wearing while shoveling snow off off  of the driveway just before Christmas. ;-)

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

11 hours ago, RonC said:

Well, I like these better than the other pair with the real wide upper band and platform as I much prefer single soles, and I kind of like the see-through fabric of the upper, but that upper is still, for me, too much.  But I have a feeling they would be comfortable (I'd need a lower heel though as I'm physically averse to heels that high....lol)

Funny you should specifically comment on these, because I just wore them outside the house for the first time last night. With a 4 3/4" heel, no platform, they are among my steepest heels, but they feel quite manageable. I have some 5 inchers that I can't really walk in, but for whatever reason these are fine. I walked a mile in them just to test them out, and they are reasonably comfortable. I probably could have walked a second mile, but chose not to because the first mile put significant wear on the heel tips, and I don't want to replace them the second day I've worn them! I don't wear stilettos anymore for walking, just for incidental trips out. The fabric uppers did feel a little bit scratchy after a mile of walking, but not bad. It didn't hurt, it was just noticeable.