Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I have been wear my Jessica Simpson Rachies a lot. I think they are cute and by the number of compliments I get others like them as well.  So I just ordered a second pair in black and a second pair in red.

I have visited about a half dozen shoe stores in the past week. Tried on about 12 shoes, wasn't impressed by any . By wedges from 2015 have seen better days, so I have started a quest to replace thhem and retire/sell the old ones. 

On 2/1/2020 at 1:28 PM, mlroseplant said:

This is my third pair of Vera Wang Talli pump/loafers. I got these formerly 300 dollar shoes on Poshmark for 50 bucks, and I am pretty sure they've never been worn. I have two other pairs in black and crocodile print dark brown. These are plain brown, and are actually darker than the picture in the ad showed. My pictures here, depending on your monitor, are pretty accurate on the color. I remarked elsewhere on how inconsistent these shoes are on the heel height. The fit is exactly the same on all three pairs, but the heel heights are all different. My black pair has exactly 5" heels. The croc brown pair has 5 3/8" heels, a significant difference. This plain brown pair has 5 1/8" heels, a slight but discernible difference. What the heck? These are not cheap shoes, I don't understand why the inconsistency. They are all the same size, same model, same fit on my feet. The only difference is the color. A mystery of life!

I was kind of mad at the seller, because she threw both shoes bare into a single canvas bag, put that bag into a mailing box, no packing peanuts, no bubble wrap, no paper, no foam, no nothing, and shipped them that way. They arrived rather scuffed from rattling around inside that box. Nothing I can't fix with a little bit of shoe polish, but come on, could she have been any more careless in the packaging of good quality heels? I accepted the package and gave her a high rating, but sent her a stern note, telling her not to do that shit again. No response, and that's OK with me. I just won't ever buy anything from her in the future.

Lovely heels hun .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

This is my third pair of Vera Wang Talli pump/loafers. I got these formerly 300 dollar shoes on Poshmark for 50 bucks, and I am pretty sure they've never been worn. I have two other pairs in black and crocodile print dark brown. These are plain brown, and are actually darker than the picture in the ad showed. My pictures here, depending on your monitor, are pretty accurate on the color. I remarked elsewhere on how inconsistent these shoes are on the heel height. The fit is exactly the same on all three pairs, but the heel heights are all different. My black pair has exactly 5" heels. The croc brown pair has 5 3/8" heels, a significant difference. This plain brown pair has 5 1/8" heels, a slight but discernible difference. What the heck? These are not cheap shoes, I don't understand why the inconsistency. They are all the same size, same model, same fit on my feet. The only difference is the color. A mystery of life!

Different production lines for different colors and weak quality control. Slightly different leather/materials may play a role.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, Mitsysun1400 said:

Just got these just over 7 inches, not always a platform fan but I like these

I want those.  My fav heel! (For shoes boots are another story!!).  Those are killer !!!!!! They go with everything, skirt dress jeans dress pants leggings.

• Like 2

I have more shoes to show you! Since the wife is gone for three weeks, I have gone kind of nuts, and it's a good thing we're going to overtime at work starting tomorrow. There will be more to show in the near future, and then it will kind of taper off after that.

This is my third pair of BCBGeneration "Sarong" thong wedges. Unlike the previous pair of shoes I showed you, the Vera Wang loafers, I have bought three pairs of these for a completely different reason: The other two pairs didn't last very long, and I really don't expect to have much better luck with these. To be fair, the first pair I had I wore so much that they just got trashed after a while, to the point where they really weren't presentable out in public. Eventually the sole split completely in half transversely, and I binned them. I found a second, identical pair I believe on ebay, and I was thrilled. Unfortunately, since this model is quite a number of years out of date, the material that they are made of kind of self-destructed rather quickly. I've heard that certain kinds of fake leather deteriorate simply by being exposed to the air, and surely that was what happened to the second pair. Within a couple of short months, they too were not presentable in public. They were also binned.

Enter the Poshmark era. In general, I think they have nicer stuff on there, and it hasn't done my bank account any good. I've gotten into some other stuff besides shoes as a result, but that's another story. Anyway, I found yet another pair of these beloved yet despised shoes, only this time in white. And also I took a chance on buying size 8, rather than 8 1/2 because they seem to run a little big. That turned out to be a good gamble, because these actually fit better than the 8 1/2s. But really, how much of a gamble was it for a mere $15? I have never owned a pair of white shoes (other than tennis shoes, and I do mean tennis shoes) before, and I don't know how that's going to look in the real world. It feels more girly than what I've done in the past, but we'll see.

Specs on these shoes are 4.0" heel, 0.5" platform, all man-made materials. I am now down to only two pairs of "thong" style high heels. They're getting harder and harder to find in the style and heel height I require. Maybe someday I'll have to go the Peter Chu route.

WhiteSarongSide.JPG

WhiteSarongTop.jpg

• Like 2

Those wedgie thongs look nice.  But I am partial to thong sandals, love the look and open feeling.  Most all of my heels are the thong or toe loop style.  Have fun with your new sandals!!!   sf   

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

... I have never owned a pair of white shoes (other than tennis shoes, and I do mean tennis shoes) before, and I don't know how that's going to look in the real world. It feels more girly than what I've done in the past, but we'll see.

Specs on these shoes are 4.0" heel, 0.5" platform, all man-made materials. I am now down to only two pairs of "thong" style high heels. They're getting harder and harder to find in the style and heel height I require. Maybe someday I'll have to go the Peter Chu route.

Nice sandals!   My wife has some 'wooden wedge' sandals with plaited thong straps that I think you would like; I'll try to post a pic soon.   

I'm somewhat surprised that you have not previously worn white footwear.  I don't consider it essentially girly and there is quite a lot to be had in men's styles in the UK*, apart from the ubiquitous (and often tacky) 'trainers'.   I like my white loafer slip-ons and my Berkemann one-bar white sandals - both very suitable for summer wear.

*Historical Note: the UK is a major monarchy that has very recently divested itelf of its assorted possessions in continental Europe.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:35 PM, chrigi-ch said:

Finally after 6weeks of waiting I received the custom ordered plateau-chunky-sandals.

heel 20cm, plateau 4cm

very stable to walk with especially on gras

those are lovely heels .

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 5:47 PM, bailey said:

First chance to get a good picture of my new spiked heel leopard pumps. Surprisely easy to walk in despite the fine tipped heel.

My wife would tell me: “not on my hardwood floors after we spent a fortune refinishing them”

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:33 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Thin heels don't mean hard to walk in. The rise is shallow, you'll go through tips quickly though.

I have found this to be true also. It seems that other design factors in the shoes determine how hard they are to walk in, moreso than just the thickness of the heel.

• Like 1

My newest editions! They're from Amazon. Elizabet Tang Pumps, the quality is very decent for what I spent on them. And they're VERY comfortable too. True to size and so many different colors! I'll eventually have pics wearing them, but for now I am just obessed with them, my first pair of red pumps! ^_^ Only thing that is bothering me is the heel cap color.

Untitled2.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Some shoegeeking :giggle:  : my guess would be not real Louboutin. :) First hint is that they are red on the inside as well. And based on the picture on the previous page the finish of the sole at the arch and where it progresses to the heel just isn't perfect enough. The nose also isn't quite right for a Louboutin.

I hope they fit.  I have a 50%/50% luck with Jessica Simpson I plan to wear these with every thing.  Short shorts in the summer (if we can go outside) skinny jeans/leggings.

I have very few limits I put on myself.  

• Like 1

since some month I am a fan of the Sorbern Shop in Aliexpress.
I saw these Sandals in there shop and I had to have them.
the Heel is 18.5cm and they have a stable construction and they are easy to walk.

blau-lila-Highheels-kl.thumb.jpg.8472337179d7ffd5cd91afb61d7f27bc.jpg

• Like 1

Came across Sorbern last night and had a good old look around. Some very interesting footwear there, you seem to have found something fun. The choice also seems to go on forecer.

I especially liked the stupid high 18cm wedge heel ankle boots. Completely impracticle but I thnik they look fabulously fun.

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 15.47.18.png

• Like 2