Who has bought some new shoes

gj

6 hours ago, SF said:

Back in the early 80's I had a pair of Sbicca sandals.  Really liked them too.  Wore 'em till they fell apart.  The Sbicca shoes now days just don't seem to be the same form a quality and sizing standpoint.  Wish they would bring the "old styles" back......     sf

I didn't know anything about Sbicca shoes until about 2012. I think I ran across them accidentally on Amazon or something while searching for clogs, which is what I started off with, heel-wise. I don't love them, but they're pretty good for the price, and still made in the U.S. as far as I know. Of course, I don't buy hardly anything new anymore, so I'm not a great driver of the economy! Heck, my car is soon to be 18. Old enough to graduate from high school!

What were some of the styles like from before the turn of the millennium? The styles now are largely sort of "funky" and not too high heeled. If I didn't have a sort of nostalgic connection to Sbicca, I probably wouldn't buy any of their shoes, and I certainly wouldn't buy the new ones.

And now, I have saved the worst for last. The fourth out of my four new pairs of shoes, and frankly, the one that I am least excited about. They are BCBGeneration "Artemise," very, very boring beige, 5" heel, 1 1/4" platform. All man made, came with a stain on the side of the left wedge, which is my own fault, because it was indeed right there in the pictures on Poshmark. I'm not all that worried about it, I paid very little for these brand new appearing shoes. I keep on badmouthing these shoes, but I have actually owned this same exact shoe before, only in black. The ones I had before were well used when I got them, and by the time I got done with them, they were very ratty looking and falling apart. I will give them this--they're quite comfortable, and I guess I like that neutral color, but now that they're here on my feet, I guess I was remembering them a little more fondly than I should have.

And that is all I have for now! I don't plan on buying any more shoes until after the New Year.

bcbgwedgeside.JPG

bcbgwedgetop.JPG

• Like 1

Mlrose.....   As for the vintage Sbicca sandals, it is hard to describe how they looked.  Search Google or Yahoo images for vintage Sbicca sandals and you will see what I am talking about....  They just had that 70's & 80's look that I liked.....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

20 hours ago, SF said:

Mlrose.....   As for the vintage Sbicca sandals, it is hard to describe how they looked.  Search Google or Yahoo images for vintage Sbicca sandals and you will see what I am talking about....  They just had that 70's & 80's look that I liked.....   sf

I did so, and couldn't figure out why there were so many of the shoes I'd bought over the last 7 years in this search, and then I realized that most of the Sbiccas I've bought are from a line called "Vintage Collection," which are not actually vintage, but anyway. I did find this picture, however, which I will share, because I think it's kind of hot. I don't know why I enjoy seeing women do thing in heels that are probably inadvisable. I've always been fascinated with circus performers. And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.  .  .

Sbiccabollards.PNG

• Haha 1

Hello all

I bought some days ago a wonderfull super sexy summer sandals.
It is from Sobern (Aliexpress) an 18cm high with
a 2cm plateau.
A bit hard to walk but this is the challenge.
I love them so much.
My girlfriend got the same from mem to christmas ;-)

Cheers

weisse_sandaletten_kl2.jpg

• Like 4

I bought these Miu Miu shearling clogs/mules (more about terminology in a minute) on a whim because they were quite inexpensive for Miu Mius, and because I've always wanted a pair of shearling clogs. Now that I actually HAVE a pair of shearling clogs, I'm not too sure about them, but more about THAT in a minute. As many of you already know, Miu Miu is a subsidiary of Prada, which is one of those ridiculously expensive designer brands. The name comes from the nickname of Prada's head designer Miuccia Prada, who founded the division in 1993. Unlike many designer brands, Miu Miu ain't all that much cheaper than Prada, but I managed to pick these up on ebay for a mere $35 plus shipping. They have obviously been worn quite a bit, but are in remarkable shape. They just need to be reheeled pretty soon.

I have an almost identical pair of Miu Miu mules already, only without the wool and being made of regular cow leather. I call them mules rather than clogs because in naked form, the shoe is cut quite low on the top of the foot compared to a traditional clog, high heeled or not. Therefore, I think of them as mules. However, with the addition of the wool, plus an extra little tongue to sew the wool to, the shoe comes up quite a bit higher on the foot, making it seem more like a clog. So I don't know what to call them. Perhaps "A typical Melrose Plant backless shoe with a very high heel." But that would be quite unwieldy, so perhaps we'll just stick with calling them clogs. They have a 5 inch wooden heel, which makes a delightful sound when you walk, with a 1 inch platform, for a near perfect balance between height and practicality.

They are size 38 1/2, which I was a little hesitant about, since my other Miu Miu mules are a full two sizes larger, at 40 1/2. The 40 1/2 is quite a bit big for me. I do not remember how or why I ended up buying 40 1/2 (I think it was mere oversight), but I deal with the extra room by stuffing, if you can believe this, dryer softener sheets in the toes. I have found that to be the best material for me for that purpose, after much experimentation. I knew I'd rather have a smaller size, but I was a little worried about going down two full sizes, especially with the wool. It turns out that 38 1/2 is barely perfect. I could probably take a 39 in this particular style, but my heels don't overhang, so it's OK. So let's talk about comfort. For some dumb reason, these two pairs of shoes (with the dryer sheets in the big pair, and nothing in the small pair) are incredibly comfortable. I have worn my big, naked pair many, many miles, and the small, furry pair doesn't feel significantly different. But why this should be so remains a mystery, as the ball of your foot rests on nothing but bare, hard wood, and yet I have never even thought about adding any padding. They just don't need it. I have other shoes that are much more padded which make my feet a lot more tired than these clogs do.

So now that I finally have my warm, furry clogs, I find that they look a little odd on my feet, not nearly as cute as I imagined. Of course, I haven't actually paired them with an outfit yet. Perhaps they will look cuter when worn with skinny jeans and a nice coat that matches them somewhat. I can tell you that they are significantly warmer with the shearling compared to the plain leather, so that's something. With basically 3 months of winter left to go, that could be important.

Miumiufurside.JPG

Miumiufurtop.JPG

• Like 3

...and the next one.
A pair of supersexy High heel with a round toebox from Fuss-schuhe in Germany.
Their quality is so good.
16.5cm heel at EU 43

greetings

Fuss-HH-rundeZehen-01-kl.png

...and the last for today :cheeky:

Fuss-Schuhe from Germany again
but more like a sandal with a blue-black leather combination.
heel 16.5cm and size EU 43

Fuss-bl-sw-sandalette-kl.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

These are my latest.  The are Aldo brand.  They have a 5.5" heel with a platform inside.  They are stripped with mesh in between.  I am not usually a platform fan but for $5 I couldn't resist!

20200120_184312111111.jpg

20200120_1835512222.jpg

• Like 2

Hi everyone.

The heeled sandals have arrived.

PLATEADAS.thumb.jpg.fe0fb6263531c30e02d5e853c70d666c.jpg

The silver ones are almost 12 cm high, 4.75 inches. I bought them for a wedding in April, with spring already started in Spain. They are size 42 EU.

NEGRAS.thumb.jpg.d99406ec508a53b40f8891a2723db297.jpg

These black have 12.5 cm heels (5 inches) and I can assure you that they are to make a difference in a high and clear way. A perfect size 42 EU.

Waiting for the good weather to come, I will adapt them to my feet by doing the right training for each pair.

• Like 3

I managed to squeeze two sets of pictures in one post! First up is my new House of Harlow "Nelly Kitty" oxford-esque shoes. I won't call them true oxfords because first of all, they are derby/Gibson style lacing, and second, although the laces are actually functional, they are made of leather, and aren't really meant to be tied and untied constantly, hence the zip in the back. I will not call them a bootie either, because they clearly expose my entire ankle, and do not have any more foot coverage than a normal men's dress shoe. So "oxford-esque" will have to do. I got these on Poshmark for $40 plus shipping. They had been on there forever, so the seller was willing to take a lower price. They arrived almost over-packaged, and they are super nice! The leather is very soft, but I am not sure what color they are. They're not tan, they're not brown, they're not taupe, they're a sort of milky, darker neutral color. They have 5 5/8" heels with 1 1/8" platforms with brass plate detailing. I have done a little research into these shoes, and, not surprisingly, the model is quite dated, namely 2011. It seems they originally sold for $295. I haven't worn them outside yet, and I probably won't anytime soon, because our weather is pretty lousy right now, being snowy with temperatures hovering around freezing, making for a yucky, slushy experience.

My second pair of shoes is an old favorite of mine, the Steve Madden Crunk. Another outdated model from at least as far back as 2008, at least according to the reviews on Amazon I found, this is my third pair of Crunks. The first pair I completely wore out, and I managed to find another black pair on Poshmark to replace it. I have been looking for a tan pair for years, and I finally found it, again on Poshmark. I've been Poshing it a lot lately. I paid $30 it, and I think that's fair, given the shoes' good condition and the fact that I have sought them for so long (but the seller doesn't know that). 4 3/4" heel, 1" platform, I wear these things all the time, both around the house and out to run errands. I don't know that I would choose them for an all-day trip to Disneyland or anything, but they are perfectly fine for beating around town in.

Crunktanside.JPG

HoHside.JPG

HoHtop.JPG

Crunktantop.JPG

• Like 5

Bought these VALENTINO GARAVANI knockoffs from FSJ shoes (sorry Valentino, if you want my money, make them in a size 13!). Took a long time to receive them. Need to stretch out the toe box a hair, but I think they are fine for what I paid for them.P1010291.thumb.JPG.822fa0003bd29122a3378b5cc905633b.JPG

• Like 5

This is my third pair of Vera Wang Talli pump/loafers. I got these formerly 300 dollar shoes on Poshmark for 50 bucks, and I am pretty sure they've never been worn. I have two other pairs in black and crocodile print dark brown. These are plain brown, and are actually darker than the picture in the ad showed. My pictures here, depending on your monitor, are pretty accurate on the color. I remarked elsewhere on how inconsistent these shoes are on the heel height. The fit is exactly the same on all three pairs, but the heel heights are all different. My black pair has exactly 5" heels. The croc brown pair has 5 3/8" heels, a significant difference. This plain brown pair has 5 1/8" heels, a slight but discernible difference. What the heck? These are not cheap shoes, I don't understand why the inconsistency. They are all the same size, same model, same fit on my feet. The only difference is the color. A mystery of life!

I was kind of mad at the seller, because she threw both shoes bare into a single canvas bag, put that bag into a mailing box, no packing peanuts, no bubble wrap, no paper, no foam, no nothing, and shipped them that way. They arrived rather scuffed from rattling around inside that box. Nothing I can't fix with a little bit of shoe polish, but come on, could she have been any more careless in the packaging of good quality heels? I accepted the package and gave her a high rating, but sent her a stern note, telling her not to do that shit again. No response, and that's OK with me. I just won't ever buy anything from her in the future.

BrownTalliSide.jpg

BrownTalliTop.jpg

• Like 5