Who has bought some new shoes

gj

1 hour ago, jeremy1986 said:

wow - amazing wedges! How high are they?  Good choice to wear them with skinny jeans, btw

Turned out to be 6 inch heels with 1.5 inch platform. Really was unsure before I bought them, couldn't decide, glad I got them in the end.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 3:04 AM, iknownuthin said:

Expectation over reality! Always best to try before you buy!!

Onlymaker Mary Janes UK size 10 EU 43 - sent straight back!

On 11/29/2019 at 6:18 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Pretty clear what he got is not what is shown on the picture to the left.

I recently purchased 4 pair from Minaloo, 2 pair were perfectly matched to their photos, 2 not so much. My fault really. I normally read the reviews and especially focus on the customer images. Of the 2 that didn't really match I'm fine with one anyway.

I've had the same issue with a purchase from China that had Minaloo stamped on the shoe.  The heel and steep incline shown in the ad image is what I was seeking only to get something that was at least an inch shorter and not nearly as steep.  It was a little disappointing, but I kept the shoes anyway, the price was good, and they were still very pretty shoes regardless.

8 hours ago, ohnoberty said:

Mail's arrived, Christmas heels.

20191202_113540.jpg

Those wouldn't normally be my taste, but after looking at them for a bit, they are actually really cute.  Might have to find something similar for myself  :)  Enjoy!

• Like 2

I just got a deal I could pass up, Cyber Monday.

I was search through the Macy's website and came across the Jessica Simpson Raxen,  $109 their standard price.

BUT they had a Two for One sale on them, so two pairs for $109 plus free shipping. Getting better...

But I had a 25% off coupon, so final price, two pairs for $81.75.  

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I got the Black pair and the Shiraz Red pair.

14536555_fpx.jpg

14536557_fpx.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 6

I have about a dozen or more booties. The JS Rachie are like these. At a size 10 they have a 1 inch platform and 5 inch heel. Since the Rachies are so comfortable I figure these should be too.

• Like 2

Hello

as promised here is a pic of my new FSJ Chelsea boots 

pic just taken at present as having lunch in a restaurant 

so comfy!

heel is 5,3/8 which is perfect thanks to a very stable chunky heel 

Soon I will post the other boots I have received 

Pierre

0D836267-F149-493B-8F79-974DEAE145A5.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, tina said:

soon he'll have as many heels as i do . (over 150 pairs)

So with around 300 heels where do you store them all? I only have around 60 and I am out of room in my walk-in closet, former office, but I needed more room for shoes. And I am again out of space. That's 5 times what I have so I understand how much room that takes.

On 12/7/2019 at 5:48 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Careful Tina, i have 300, he could end up like me.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:22 AM, Cali said:

Some of my friends call me "Imelda" and I only have around 60 pairs.

I haven't taken an inventory lately, but I must be getting up around 60. I say that because I have run out of shelf space, and more shoes are winding up on the floor, and I don't like it. I may have to make some hard decisions soon!

The reason that I have run out of shelf space is because for the first time in quite a while, I've gotten multiple new pairs at once. I'm going to dole them out here one pair at a time, because I don't really want to size the pictures down to thumbnails in order to fit them all in one post.

I have always liked oxfords. I know some of you out there don't, but I do. Maybe it's because it's a masculine style, but then I like to add a tall heel to that style. I would probably have a dozen pairs of oxfords if they made more of them in the style that I like. It seems there are two extremes with high heeled oxfords--either super pointy-toed, bordering on fetishy, or classically styled, but with a short, chunky heel. I don't want the Pleaser fetishy stuff, and I'll leave the short chunky stuff to the likes of Harry Styles. I don't think I could stand all that attention, anyway. Gotta be the shoes, right? :giggle:

I found these Aldo oxfords on ebay, where I find many of my shoes. I paid 20 bucks for them, plus shipping. Model name unknown. I have never run across this particular model before, and I search regularly for Aldo. I hoped that they were not too old, because they are size 39, and if they're more than about 10 years old, that would have been too small. Those of you who have dealt with Aldo at all over the years know what I'm talking about. However, they actually fit pretty well, and I cooked dinner in them the day they came, just to sort of size them up before wearing them out. They're a little tight across the toes, but I can tell that will remedy itself in time. It may be that this slight discomfort will be alleviated if I wore trouser socks with them. For the trial, I just wore regular thinnish dress socks. I think I'm going to like these a lot, but I can tell you one thing already--they need to be reheeled. The stock tips have some life left in them, but they are super slippery. I might try and wear them to church tomorrow, but there's no way I'm wearing them to any business with a polished tile floor until I get some rubber heels on them. This ain't my first rodeo.

Here are the numbers, for those of you who are interested: 5 1/2+ inch heel (I think it may be a full 5 5/8 once I get them reheeled), 1 1/4 inch platform. Again, they are size 39, which does translate to my U.S. women's size 9, though it's on the smallish side. In a perfect world, I wish the platform were a little thinner while maintaining the same heel height, but these are way closer to what I'm looking for than anything I've seen in a long time. I'll keep you posted on my thread of how they work out in the real world.

aldooxfordsside.JPG

aldooxfordsfront.JPG

• Like 7

On 12/7/2019 at 11:22 AM, Cali said:

Some of my friends call me "Imelda" and I only have around 60 pairs.

I just counted, and I now have 62 pairs of heels, 32 of which are sandals. 10 of them are closed-toed mules or clogs. The rest are either pumps, oxfords, or boots.

As promised, here is the second installment of my new shoes. These are probably the most interesting pair that I got recently. They are giant wedges, made of wood or a wood-like material, from a maker called Mark & James by Badgley Mischka. A quick Google search reveals that these guys, Mark Badgley and James Mischka formed a designing partnership some time ago. I've never heard of them, and don't care, I just like these shoes.

I have never been a big wedge guy, but these look a lot cuter on than they do sitting on top of my washing machine. I think I've come around on wedges because they're more practical in many cases, such as walking on grass, and the fact that modern wedges are a lot sleeker than the monstrosities I remember from the 1970s. The whole outline is narrower, particularly in the heel area, than the giant clunky things I remember girls wearing as a kid. At any rate, the heel is 5 1/2", platform is 1 1/2". Again, I wish the platform were about 1/2" less, but whatever. I haven't worn them out of the house, but they fit well enough, and are easy to walk in. They may turn out to be treacherous on uneven ground, however, because of the high platform. Only time will tell. They were listed on ebay and caught my eye some time ago. They also made a cream and tan colored version which I couldn't find in my size, which is U.S. women's 8 1/2. I paid 49 USD for them, plus shipping. They are brand new, but without box. The upper straps are canvas, which gives them a more casual look than leather would. The only thing I have to complain about is that they have leather soles, which is supposedly a sign of a higher end shoe, but I have never understood why you'd ever put a leather sole on a platform shoe of any type. There are no pluses to this, only minuses. Single sole, yes of course, but a platform? If I wind up wearing these very much, I'll have to replace the sole.

M&Jwedgesside.JPG

M&Jwedgesfront.JPG

• Like 3

Third installment of four for my recent purchases. These next two are perhaps less exciting than the first two, but they will probably get more use. In this post, I present the Sbicca "Tristan." I always thought that was a rather strange name for a shoe, and always wondered if there was another model called "Isolde." If there is, I haven't found it. The reason why I'm not super excited about these is because in practice, they are replacements for my other Tristans, which are still good looking, but they have so many miles on them that they're just about truly worn out. The new ones are a different color, but it's still pretty neutral and goes with everything. The old Tristans were my first pair of high heeled sandals ever, and though they aren't exciting, they are comfortable.

Specs on these are 4 1/2" heel, 1" platform, making them a breeze to wear. These are size 39, which is marketed as size 8. My old ones were 40/9. More about that in a later post elsewhere. And yes, these are obviously quite used, but not clear worn out like mine. I would say the previous owner wore these quite a bit in an office setting. There are distinct toe prints, as you can see, but they're not indented like mine, and there is very little wear on the sole or the heel, leading me to believe they were worn a lot, but indoors. I think I paid like 10 bucks for these, maybe 15.

Tristanside.jpg

Tristanfront.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

... In this post, I present the Sbicca "Tristan." I always thought that was a rather strange name for a shoe, and always wondered if there was another model called "Isolde." If there is, I haven't found it. ...

The companion model could perhaps be called 'Platsolde'.   :giggle:

Back in the early 80's I had a pair of Sbicca sandals.  Really liked them too.  Wore 'em till they fell apart.  The Sbicca shoes now days just don't seem to be the same form a quality and sizing standpoint.  Wish they would bring the "old styles" back......     sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"