Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Not really "new" shoes, but I recently moved to a much nicer place than my old apartment.  It was a bit of a dive, a stop-gap measure.

Anyway, digging shoes out of storage I found a number of "old" booties that don't have much wear -- hardly any at at all.  It's like opening a box and finding a bunch of stuff you'd forgotten you had! 

In fact, it's EXACTLY like that.  

Most of them are 10+ years old, and as feet continue to grow very slowly, they're all a bit more snug.  Some are uncomfortably tight.  "One of these days..." (I've been saying that for a decade) when I lose more weight, I'll be able to wear some of them around the house in comfort.

Cheer me on!  I need all the weight-loss encouragement I can get...

Bambam:  "New sandal, really starting to love sandals. Any advice on how to wear them? I'm a tall skinny guy, usually only wear boots out and about."

Have you considered wearing them on your feet?  Lol, sorry, I couldn't resist.  :)

I think they would look peachy with a mid-calf light brown linen skirt, but that's just my humble opinion.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

I'm OK with wearing sandals. I too like SF, take great care of my feet. I get a pedi regularly and I do wear color, almost always red. My gal friend, at the spa that gives me my pedi  always tells me how nice and soft my skin is. There is no hair on my feet or on my legs. She also says that a lot of women would love to have legs and feet that look like mine. Not to be bragging, but I do get  compliments on my look when I'm wearing sandals or open toe shoes, from the ladies.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I wear sandals (with my short shorts) to work almost every day in the summer. Tall sandals, 6+ inchers.

I take great care of my feet as well; get regular pedis and wear color, almost never red or pinks. However, right now I am recovering from an in-grown toenail that had to be re-done. But I still wear open toe sandals and color. Like bluejay I too get compliments on my toes and sandals.

Some people's feet are hideous, both men and women, and I agree they should be kept out of sight.

As Payless is in its last days, I found the Christiano black stiletto plain pumps HABIT in a 13.  They were 80% off with another 25% off that particular day. I was unable to try them before purchase and they are a bit tight but could get them on.  They have a set-back heel which provided a different feel to my walk.  I believe they were listed as a 4" heel but as you know, that is on a size 8.  Not bad for $5.65 instead of $34.99. 

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

32 minutes ago, jetheelsfan said:

As Payless is in its last days, I found the Christiano black stiletto plain pumps HABIT in a 13.  They were 80% off with another 25% off that particular day. I was unable to try them before purchase and they are a bit tight but could get them on.  They have a set-back heel which provided a different feel to my walk.  I believe they were listed as a 4" heel but as you know, that is on a size 8.  Not bad for $5.65 instead of $34.99. 

great price, and they sound very nice. Snap us a pic when you have a chance

Here is my latest acquisition.  I picked these up in a thrift store for $15.  They are black snakeskin pumps with a heel measuring just over 4 inches.  The brand is Sam and Libby.  They are extremely comfortable to wear.  And they are in excellent condition.  I can see these being my go to heels.  they will get a lot of use.

20190522_132623 (536x640).jpg

20190522_135931 (640x503).jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Here is my latest acquisition.  I picked these up in a thrift store for $15.  They are black snakeskin pumps with a heel measuring just over 4 inches.  The brand is Sam and Libby.  They are extremely comfortable to wear.  And they are in excellent condition.  I can see these being my go to heels.  they will get a lot of use.

20190522_132623 (536x640).jpg

Damn! Those shoes ARE gorgeous! I hope you enjoy them!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 5/22/2019 at 9:27 PM, Mr. X said:

These have a classic and great look to them!

On 5/22/2019 at 3:00 PM, ohnoberty said:

They've finally arrived!

20190522_122508.jpg

Love these!!

Bought these shoes at Payless two weeks ago, the "Bree" flat in white. Sure, the chain is going out of business, but they're still selling shoes, in most cases, at discounts as high as 40 percent, and I found these to have been cute, so much that I bought a pair in black, spending a hair under thirty bucks for both. I wore the shoes on a jaunt yesterday, they were supremely comfortable and easy to wear, I'll be putting these shoes in my summertime outing rotation.

shoes-bree.jpg

• Like 2

Nice wedge heels HIH. I like your pedi too. Nice color, just like mine. I like the bright red color on my toes. OK on your anklet too. Did you wear the ensemble to the wedding, that you mentioned in another post?

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

They are comfortable and the neutral colour will go with anything. Didn't wear them to the wedding as it was a former co-worker. I have, however, dressed as my alter-ego and attended some outdoor weddings. It is fun just like going anywhere in heels.:fine: HinH

• Like 3

On 6/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, HappyinHeels said:

They are comfortable and the neutral colour will go with anything. Didn't wear them to the wedding as it was a former co-worker. I have, however, dressed as my alter-ego and attended some outdoor weddings. It is fun just like going anywhere in heels.:fine: HinH

Sure they seem to be comfy and fun to wear, I liked the look on your feet too.

I see that you like to wear skirts or is that a dress?

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

My latest purchase from Payless as I'm taking full advantage of their going out of sale. These shoes are the "Paige" sandals in white with 2 1/2 inch wedge heels, they caught my eye because I found them to be cute, and were 50 percent off at just $18 bucks, after taking them on my 500th jaunt today, the shoes were easy to wear and comfortable. By the by, I liked the sandals so much, I bought a pair in black. I'll show them off at my earliest opportunity.

shoes-paige.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff, Just now saw this post, I had already commented about your new sandals over at your "jaunt" thread.  Cool sandals!!  I also have two pair of the Paige wedgies and really like them.  Very stylish and comfortable.  Plus the lower heel (2in+) does not make me look like a huge monster walking down the street!!  ha ha.....   The wife even likes them, wanted to get her a pair but she's not into ankle strap shoes.  Have fun in your new sandals...   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

6 hours ago, SF said:

Jeff, Just now saw this post, I had already commented about your new sandals over at your "jaunt" thread.  Cool sandals!!  I also have two pair of the Paige wedgies and really like them.  Very stylish and comfortable.  Plus the lower heel (2in+) does not make me look like a huge monster walking down the street!!  ha ha.....   The wife even likes them, wanted to get her a pair but she's not into ankle strap shoes.  Have fun in your new sandals...   sf

Thanks for the kind words, I certainly enjoyed the new shoes. Funny thing, once upon a time, I didn’t at all like sandals, now they’re practically all I wear during spring and summer, from flats to heels, and I have both, sandals are awesome!

Another new purchase from Payless as really cute shoes don't have to have or need heels. Case in point, the "Corey" flats featuring a patent toe cap with a snazzy buckle and a patent section on the back as you can see below. I wore the shoes on an outing yesterday and they were quite comfortable and easy to walk in. Most enjoyable!

shoes-corey1.jpg

shoes-corey2.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 1:02 AM, malinheels said:

hi heelers  HaHa   i just thought i'd show apair i've purchased and are on their way  from FSJ shoes these are going to be my new go to casuals

Khaki Oxford Heels Round Toe Lace up Block Heel Vintage Shoes image 2

Very masculine heel good choice

Good luck, they are hot. I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off them if i saw you out and about. Somehow i think 5" will still be your staple though.

Edited by Jkrenzer
Correction