Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 3/28/2019 at 12:52 AM, Mr. X said:

Here is my latest purchase.  I abolutely love these!  The are Ivanka Trump brand and they are in mint shape!  The only pronlem is they are small and tight.  They are not my size and are roughly a half size too small.they fit fine in the back but the problem is the toe box. My toes are pretty cramped.   I am hoping they stretch out a bit.  I knew they were small when I bought and tried them on.  But I just couldn't bear the thought of passing up these beaties and letting someone else have them!  Plus I bought them second hand and only paid $15.  So if they don't work out it is no harm no foul.  But I sure hope they do!  If worst comes to worst I can admire these on a shelf or something.

Hopefully, they will stretch out with wear. I have not had good luck patent leather stretching out, especially with the leather puckering like that. If it were regular calf leather, I would say absolutely, just be patient. Maybe you will have better luck than me.

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:52 AM, Mr. X said:

Here is my latest purchase.  I abolutely love these!  The are Ivanka Trump brand and they are in mint shape!  The only pronlem is they are small and tight.  They are not my size and are roughly a half size too small.they fit fine in the back but the problem is the toe box. My toes are pretty cramped.   I am hoping they stretch out a bit.  I knew they were small when I bought and tried them on.  But I just couldn't bear the thought of passing up these beaties and letting someone else have them!  Plus I bought them second hand and only paid $15.  So if they don't work out it is no harm no foul.  But I sure hope they do!  If worst comes to worst I can admire these on a shelf or something.

Nice heels at a great price. but I agree with @mlroseplant , I don't think they will stretch enough for you. The bulge in your foot above the puckering says it all.

Life's too short for heels that hurt.

Edited by Tech

I’m not sure the model, but I got a used pair of Jimmy Choo pumps off TheRealReal for under $100. They are already broken in and have a sole protector. I’d prefer non patent leather but that didn’t stop me from wearing them to walk several blocks to dinner in Key West last night.

KW is a double edged sword for heels. You won’t have any issues with people, but the sidewalks are a mess. My blocky heeled boots were a lot easier for getting around earlier in the day. 4” heels will get people’s attention, but not one dirty look.

4CE059B7-08E7-4F57-90AF-7509A70A64D6.jpeg

07A08AE3-17E7-43C1-BD92-5BE6420FE599.jpeg

• Like 4

(formerly known as "JimC")

I picked up these last week.  Bandolino Formeza in size 11.  A very generous size 11.  Heel in size 11 is right about 4"  

image.thumb.png.2230d3fdd6c0658281f36fc0a9bc28d3.png

image.thumb.png.d29ce034dfb532652dd53c2ad56a6f28.png

I should have mentioned that for my pair, the area across the top of the toe box that is textured here is white.  I couldn't find a photo of the black and white that I have.

Got those in the mailbox a few days ago. Managed to shoehorn'em on, need some stretch-out to be perfect. Are soaking with water and wear them on the best way? Or should I put them in the oven 100 deg celcius/200deg farenheit/80deg reamur for 15 min and then put them on?!

It's suede leather.

20190407_191220-756x1008.thumb.jpg.7698f39bcde14daef0976faf36f21750.jpg

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, swedeheeler said:

Got those in the mailbox a few days ago. Managed to shoehorn'em on, need some stretch-out to be perfect. Are soaking with water and wear them on the best way? Or should I put them in the oven 100 deg celcius/200deg farenheit/80deg reamur for 15 min and then put them on?!

It's suede leather.

I would be very wary of putting them in the oven, regardless of temperature.   If it really is suede leather (and not an imitation), then it should stretch reasonably well if gently warmed (e.g. with a hair drier).   But soaking in water and then wearing them (e.g. with thick socks) should give some stretch.   Or you could apply a stretching solution (ideally one intended for suede) or a mixture of water and isoproply alcohol ('rubbing alcohol').   Some caution is needed if staining is to be avoided and glued joints are not to be weakened.   Good luck!

• Like 1

I went by my local boutique and stopped in. They had a pair of burgundy color SL98 Manji's sitting there with my name on it. Since I didn't have a pair of burgundy heels I just had to get them.  Out the door at about $30.40 I could say no. 

SL98Manji-S01h.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest acquisition from Payless I bought yesterday as they're in the middle of it's going out of business sale: the "Ryan" sandals with near four inch wedge heels. The shoes were easy to stand and walk in and were very comfortable. I could see myself pairing these shoes with either skirts or dresses.

ryan.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 4/22/2019 at 8:48 AM, TKHeels said:

Just paid for these on eBay.

Nice heels. Love the fishnet hose. Is the pic of you?

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Edited by Tech

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

Nice heels. Love the fishnet hose. Is the pic of you?

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks.  It’s a stock photo.  These, however, are my own feet in a recent purchase . . .

552FBFBC-058D-40B7-A91A-89F39C4AB583.jpeg

D56E4B37-ECC3-450E-9084-F0A36A2B8DE4.jpeg

Edited by TKHeels
  • Like 1

@TK@TKHeels how did you accidentally buy those?! Are those ten inches? Good luck! I wear 10, at that height Pleasers stop at size 9. I'm jealous. 

Edited by Barr

2 hours ago, Barr said:

@TK@TKHeels how did you accidentally buy those?! Are those ten inches? Good luck! I wear 10, at that height Pleasers stop at size 9. I'm jealous. 

Just placed a bid that I thought was too low, and won it regardless.  Yes, the heel/platform is 10”, and yes I’m a size 9 in open-toe/sandals.