Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I decided to buy some "sensible" shoes. Every once in a while, I find it desirable or practical to wear some lower heels, even when not working on a construction/repair type project. For years, I have kept my very first "high" heeled shoes I wore in public, my Sofft "Aviano" mid-heeled mules, as a more practical shoe. However, one thing has bugged me about these shoes for years, about seven years to be exact--they make my feet sweat excessively, and always have. It is because of the man-made inner lining of the shoes. Finally, I bit the bullet and purchased some replacements for these venerable mules, some Dansko "Francine" clogs, which are about the same height, but closer to a wedge heel, and all-leather uppers, which makes a HUGE difference. I think I will always keep the Avianos around for the sake of nostalgia, but actually wearing them out? Move over, there's a new kid in town.

The new Danskos are size 39 and fit me perfectly, despite several reviews saying these run small. I have learned to ignore such claims, due to the nature and shape of my feet, unless every single review says they run big or small. I had a chance to buy these used on ebay for about $45, but I waffled and missed my chance. I wound up paying $90 on Poshmark, but they are brand new. Now that I have them, I've no regrets, I can tell these will be keepers for many years.

Heel measurement on these clogs is a little bit ambiguous, but basically, they are 3 1/2 inch wedge heels, with an effective platform of about 5/8 inch, giving a steepness of slightly less than 3 inches. I have to laugh at the reviews that say, "yeah, it's a high heel, but it's amazingly comfortable." After the last seven years of my high-heeled journey, these things are flats! I'm pretty sure I could do anything in these, including a backflip. OK, I'm a liar, I can't do a backflip. Maybe someday.  .  .

Danskotop.jpg

Danskoside.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I decided to buy some "sensible" shoes. Every once in a while, I find it desirable or practical to wear some lower heels, even when not working on a construction/repair type project. For years, I have kept my very first "high" heeled shoes I wore in public, my Sofft "Aviano" mid-heeled mules, as a more practical shoe. However, one thing has bugged me about these shoes for years, about seven years to be exact--they make my feet sweat excessively, and always have. It is because of the man-made inner lining of the shoes. Finally, I bit the bullet and purchased some replacements for these venerable mules, some Dansko "Francine" clogs, which are about the same height, but closer to a wedge heel, and all-leather uppers, which makes a HUGE difference. I think I will always keep the Avianos around for the sake of nostalgia, but actually wearing them out? Move over, there's a new kid in town.

The new Danskos are size 39 and fit me perfectly, despite several reviews saying these run small. I have learned to ignore such claims, due to the nature and shape of my feet, unless every single review says they run big or small. I had a chance to buy these used on ebay for about $45, but I waffled and missed my chance. I wound up paying $90 on Poshmark, but they are brand new. Now that I have them, I've no regrets, I can tell these will be keepers for many years.

Heel measurement on these clogs is a little bit ambiguous, but basically, they are 3 1/2 inch wedge heels, with an effective platform of about 5/8 inch, giving a steepness of slightly less than 3 inches. I have to laugh at the reviews that say, "yeah, it's a high heel, but it's amazingly comfortable." After the last seven years of my high-heeled journey, these things are flats! I'm pretty sure I could do anything in these, including a backflip. OK, I'm a liar, I can't do a backflip. Maybe someday.  .  .

Danskotop.jpg

Danskoside.jpg

Would love these to bartend in, if only they were a little lower. 

On 1/23/2019 at 7:41 AM, brewfan49 said:

Just bought these Jessica Simpson heels off poshmark

m_5adc12692c705dae1cfc7cc8.jpg

m_5adc12602ae12fe5f6f8ddd2.jpg

m_5adc1264daa8f643d3b03332.jpg

Which ones were these? I think I have a similar JS Pair, but with a razor thin stiletto heel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bambam said:

Which ones were these? I think I have a similar JS Pair, but with a razor thin stiletto heel.

Style same is Jessica.

I'm in love with the style 

You should go find a pair depending on your shoe size.

Calie is the style with the thinner heel 

23 hours ago, bambam said:

Which pair do you have? 

Here are my latest.  They have a definite Taylor Swift schoolgirlish vibe to them.  They are black T bar heels with mesh cotouts on the side, and a heel that measures just under 4.5 inches.  And the brand is "call it spring".  I picked these up in a thrift shop for less than $20.

sh2.jpg

sh3.jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Here are my latest.  They have a definite Taylor Swift schoolgirlish vibe to them.  They are black T bar heels with mesh cotouts on the side, and a heel that measures just under 4.5 inches.  And the brand is "call it spring".  I picked these up in a thrift shop for less than $20.

sh2.jpg

sh3.jpg

These look great @Mr. X - the pic with them on  is much nicer ;-)   Looking great with the skinny jeans too. I'm sure that small platform gives them a good comfort level too. And what a great price!! 

cant wait to hear about your adventures out with them. 

5 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

These look great @Mr. X - the pic with them on  is much nicer ;-)   Looking great with the skinny jeans too. I'm sure that small platform gives them a good comfort level too. And what a great price!! 

cant wait to hear about your adventures out with them. 

Thanks! And yes, they are super comfortable. 

• Like 1

Just received these. I bought them because I was just curious 

surprisingly they are very comfortable.sizing is perfect.And very walkable ( at home only) 

A funny feeling because the pressure isn't on the balls but on the arch and the heel. Could be good training shoes  

7.1/2 minus 1 inch platform slightly slendered. 

IMG_0621.JPG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Just received these. I bought them because I was just curious 

surprisingly they are very comfortable.sizing is perfect.And very walkable ( at home only) 

A funny feeling because the pressure isn't on the balls but on the arch and the heel. Could be good training shoes  

7.1/2 minus 1 inch platform slightly slendered. 

IMG_0621.JPG

Those look great! You have now got me interested in them

On 1/27/2019 at 3:48 PM, Mr. X said:

sh2.jpg

sh3.jpg

Those are cute.  Not a big platform guy, but I love t-straps.  What size are they?

Edited by RonC

5 hours ago, RonC said:

Those are cute.  Not a big platform guy, but I love t-straps.  What size are they?

I'm not usually a platform guy either.  And I believe they are a size 9.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Picked up 2 pair of Highest Heel Hotties. I knew before buying them I would alter the heel color and really like how they look.

These are actually comfortable and got both pair delivered for $60.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

Looks good !   Which type of paint did you use?

• 2 weeks later...