Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 10/5/2018 at 7:50 AM, DeSalto said:

A recente acquisition, ankle strap pumps with back bow.

They are the "Drielly Suede Pump", from brazilian brand Schutz.

Hope you like them :fine:

20938724_1442262585857669_1484483110_n.jpg

20945509_1442262682524326_143543518_o.jpg

Beautiful shoes, love the toe cleavage and exposed ankle.

I have long had a rather soft spot in my interest in the female styles with instep strap(s) or ankle strap.  It all goes back to my discovery in kindergarten there was a difference about black patent being girls' shoes and they were Mary-Janes. Those look great and congratulations on your find.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

My latest acquisition is yet another pair of clogs (surprise, surprise). In the back of my mind, I think I'm going to avoid wearing boots this winter. This delusion will last exactly until the first deep snow. These are BCBGeneration, model name unknown. They have 5 inch heels with 1 inch platforms. They were incredibly comfortable right out of the box, and there WAS a box, as these have never been worn, but are not factory fresh. See my comments about that in my thread elsewhere on this forum.

IMG_9823.JPG

IMG_9822.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

My latest acquisition is yet another pair of clogs (surprise, surprise). In the back of my mind, I think I'm going to avoid wearing boots this winter. This delusion will last exactly until the first deep snow. These are BCBGeneration, model name unknown. They have 5 inch heels with 1 inch platforms. They were incredibly comfortable right out of the box, and there WAS a box, as these have never been worn, but are not factory fresh. See my comments about that in my thread elsewhere on this forum.

IMG_9823.JPG

IMG_9822.JPG

I love these shoes.  I am a sucker for the steampunk look.  Brown leather, buckles, gold rivets, what more could you ask for?

• Like 4

No, these aren't heels, far from it, but I've longed to own a traditional pair of women's penny loafers for years and found what I've sought from Long Tall Sally, a website devoted to clothing, shoes and outerwear for tall women. These shoes are the "Vivian" chain trim loafer which looks cool!

LTS-vivian.jpg

• Like 3

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 10/13/2018 at 1:43 PM, mlroseplant said:

IMG_9823.JPG

IMG_9822.JPG

Where did you find those???

On 10/6/2018 at 8:37 AM, mlroseplant said:

I picked up a couple new pairs recently, and they are both a departure for me in that they both have significantly higher platforms than I would normally wear. I think I was sucked in by the price and the sheer heel height.

First up is a pair of Sam Edelman clogs in black, model "Flair." Colder weather is upon us in the Northern Hemisphere, and I'm always looking for the perfect pair of clogs to wear during the winter season. I didn't go horribly wrong here, though I wish the platform weren't quite so thick, it's disguised enough that it doesn't offend my eye. They have 5 1/2" heels, and 1 3/8" platforms, giving me just the right amount of lift at this point in my heeling journey. I have worn these out a couple of times, and I can't tell you whether I love them or not yet. I got my normal size of 8 1/2, and they were a little bit on the big side. The addition of some ball-of-foot pads made them fit just right. The pads are not really necessary for comfort, as there seems to be plenty of padding, but they do make the clogs fit me much better. They are pretty easy to walk in, but not the most stable platforms I have ever known in my life. Luckily, I have strong ankles, so this doesn't discourage me.

Next up is a pair of Stella McCartney platform open toed mules, model name unknown. Frankly, I have no idea why I bought these. They are not really my style, and they are so chunky and funky for my small frame, I'm not sure what they would look good with. Furthermore, I did not realize they are not leather, despite being a high-priced designer brand (more about that in a minute). Like the Edelmans, they also have 5 1/2" heels, but with an even thicker, totally exposed platform of 1 1/2". I will give them one thing: They are ridiculously easy to walk in. We will see what happens next summer. Maybe I'll warm up to them. As a footnote, I paid about 50 USD for these sandals, used, not perfect, but in very good condition, just a few minor scuffs. As is usual when one makes purchases online, I got more ads and auctions for the same thing, and one of these auctions wanted 300 bucks for these! What?!?

IMG_9812.PNG

IMG_9813.PNG

IMG_9814.PNG

IMG_9815.PNG

Dude - - where are you finding these clogs??? I've been looking for some like this !!

1 hour ago, Heelster said:

Dude - - where are you finding these clogs??? I've been looking for some like this !!

The season is over for these. I call them mules. I got two pairs of suede SM Manners and they were gone. When you see these you got to act fast.  

2 hours ago, Heelster said:

Where did you find those???

I found them in the same place I get 99% of my shoes: On eBay. Although I have no problem walking into a shoe store and trying on shoes, I just prefer to get things from eBay. The first reason is price--I can get shoes slightly used for a fraction of the price, and that's ok with me. The second reason is that there is no season to be missed as @Cali alluded to. All of my clogs are non-current models, and are most probably several years old, as I am having that problem with the inner liner deteriorating. 

I have certain searches that I do almost on a daily basis, and sometimes I get lucky and find something really nice like these clogs. I would estimate that I have a 75-80% success rate with eBay, the great disadvantage being that you can't try stuff on. So 20-25% of the time, I wind up rejecting new purchases for one reason or another. It's kind of a game with me. The Sam Edelman clogs fit me so well, and the BCBG clogs are fantastic, too. Sometimes you get lucky!

• 3 weeks later...

Winter is here!  But that aint stopping me from buying spring and summer shoes.  I got these today at a thrift store.  They are used but you wouldn't know it!  They look absolutely brand new!  They were probably worn once at the most.  They are a striking blue color with a cork wedge.  And The brand is Wild Diva Lounge.  And the best part, I picked these babies up for less than $10!  Can't wait for spring and summer to wear them out.  I already have a few outfits in mind for them.

20181118_141340 (480x447).jpg

• Like 5

I like this style in general, but to me the platform is about twice as thick as it should be for the heel height, making the shoes appear very clunky. If that's the look you're going for, that's fine, but the thickness of the platform really makes the shoes unsuitable for anything dressy or formal. 

I've never had a problem walking in a set-back heel like that, which is the opposite experience of many on this forum, but I will offer one caveat: You must be VERY careful walking down stairs in such shoes. Make sure you pick up your feet that little bit extra, lest you catch your heel on the edge of a step and wind up in a crumpled, broken heap at the bottom of the staircase! Hasn't happened to me yet, but I've come uncomfortably close a couple of times, always in shoes with a set-back heel. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Finally! 

I got myself a pair Seduce 460 oxies in leather. The leather style has been disconinued since long. But I managed to fing a pair on sale at eBay in correct size. Couldn't wait to wear them!

Screenshot_20181201-110732_eBay.jpg

I wore mine to death, incredibly comfortable. Only problem is that for some reason I wasn't able to pull the metal heel shank out once the heel tips wore down. I rarely have issues with pleasure brand replacing the tips. I have to drill out the shank, not an easy task. Still, amazing shoe boots.

11 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I wore mine to death, incredibly comfortable. Only problem is that for some reason I wasn't able to pull the metal heel shank out once the heel tips wore down. I rarely have issues with pleasure brand replacing the tips. I have to drill out the shank, not an easy task. Still, amazing shoe boots.

That sounds good to hear :smile: will provide some pics when I get them ofc.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:46 AM, swedeheeler said:

That sounds good to hear :smile: will provide some pics when I get them ofc.

Answering myself. Got them. Runs small in size. Or runs small for me. I thought that those would fit my eu46/us15 feets but I was a bummer. Those would fit us13 of us14 better @Jkrenzer interested?

4 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Answering myself. Got them. Runs small in size. Or runs small for me. I thought that those would fit my eu46/us15 feets but I was a bummer. Those would fit us13 of us14 better @Jkrenzer interested?

Still too big for my size 11 (women's) feet.

Today I went shoe shopping for the first time in a while. I wore a unisex sweater with a Covington rain jacket, bootcut jeans, and my Aldo chunky heel ankle boots with 5"/12cm heels to the Gurnee Mills Mall in northernmost Illinois. That's me at my car leaving. The second photo is what I bought; some cute tan wedge sandals with the rope that climbs the calf. Quick in and out as I do not waste time. The wedges were on the clearance rack so the total was less than $22 USD. HinH

1154474620_IMG_34011.thumb.JPG.9cadd897ac6ea5e37862682b02fc3701.JPG2110276322_IMG_34061.thumb.JPG.703b3ae5a6a30d8286dfc456184ce3f9.JPG

• Like 5

HiH......   Nice sandals, I like the ankle tie look.  I have a similar pair and they are fun to wear.  Hope you enjoy them when the wx warms up.  Assuming you won't be out in them this time of year...  Hasta...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"