Who has bought some new shoes

gj

1 minute ago, yoyo said:

The quality is like all cheap choes from china (link : http://alixpress.ml/?k=32869167360 ) this is not real leather, but i thing the shoe could resist to this summer !

Sometimes that's all you need. Enjoy them!

1 minute ago, yoyo said:

and for skinny jeans, hum..., maybe with boots over , yes ;  but with sandals, i dont know 

yes! maybe even with jeggings... but def better than these baggy jeans (no offense meant!) 

Just bought these Doc Marten Kendras (first image) as my 'daily/everywhere' boots, to compliment my flat Rocky work boots (second). So firkin comfortable, and not too crazy that people notice all the time.

71ksFD7oICL._UY500_.jpg

RKYW028_EXTRALARGE.jpg

• Like 2

Hi to all

Well I ended up buying 1 of the pairs of TORRID shoes that were on Ebay AU. I wanted to see how they fit. The seller told me they were wide across the toes, so I jumped in.

I bought a pair of blue snake skin pattern platform pumps. 13cm heel, 2.5cm platform. They have a nice solid feel about them, but the platform doesnt bend so much and as they are un worn the sides and toe box are still quite stiff. I am sure they will soften with time and wearing.

They fit really well across the toe width wise, however they appear a bit bulky at the back, but all in all I like them and they are comfortable

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

• Like 4

Regards

James

23 hours ago, bambam said:

Just bought these Doc Marten Kendras (first image) as my 'daily/everywhere' boots, to compliment my flat Rocky work boots (second). So firkin comfortable, and not too crazy that people notice all the time.

71ksFD7oICL._UY500_.jpg

RKYW028_EXTRALARGE.jpg

The Kendras are awesome! I love Dr Martens with heels. Have 14 pair myself. The Kendra model I dont own yet. I do have the Persephone. :)

18 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Hi to all

Well I ended up buying 1 of the pairs of TORRID shoes that were on Ebay AU. I wanted to see how they fit. The seller told me they were wide across the toes, so I jumped in.

I bought a pair of blue snake skin pattern platform pumps. 13cm heel, 2.5cm platform. They have a nice solid feel about them, but the platform doesnt bend so much and as they are un worn the sides and toe box are still quite stiff. I am sure they will soften with time and wearing.

They fit really well across the toe width wise, however they appear a bit bulky at the back, but all in all I like them and they are comfortable

You are correct, they will soften up as you wear them.  Those are a sub-style of the "System" platforms that Torrid sold for many years (and brought back a couple years ago around Halloween, only to discontinue them permanently).  They were hands down the best shoes that they ever sold - decent mid-range quality, around $40 at full price (and half when on sale), and in a ton of different colors and finishes.  Classic pinup shape and style.  They were in solid colors and different finishes - black patent, red patent, nude patent, pink patent (limited), cobalt faux suede, black faux suede, etc.

Most had a hidden platform and a vertical stitch at the front (giving them a bit of a pointed nose).  The sub-style (one of which you have there) featured a visible platform and were featured in edgier prints and finishes, such as the blue snakeskin you have, and matte black faux leather with gold pyramid studs on either side at the back.

In my experience I always wear a 12w in that style (although I'm generally a 13).  The visible platform versions take a little longer to break-in as they have less material to flex than the hidden platform ones.  The platforms will also soften up and begin to flex / match your natural walking motion.  I've worn out dozens of pairs of shoes in that style / line.  I actually currently don't have any in my rotation and it's irritating me - the supply is finally drying up completely.

Please, if anyone ever seems to make contact with a Torrid representative up the line or are surveyed, ask them to bring the System Platform Pumps back.  Blows my mind the fugly old lady "ghetto fabulous" (a term an employee called them at a store) shoe styles they sell these days.  All the people who don't even wear heels bitched that Torrid's heels were too high, so they replaced nearly everything with low wide heels that their true shoe customers aren't interested in and sit unsold in their stores and online.  Payless is heading the same way it seems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a stock photo of my latest purchase.  I found these in a thrift shop for a mere $10!  The brand is Liliana. They are a white wedge heel with 3 ankle straps and gold accents.  When I saw then on the shelf I aready knew what I would pair them with. So as long as they fit they were mine.  And they did!  Stay tuned to my thread as I will probably be wearing these out the first chance I get.

m_59939a1a291a3556601cab4c.jpg

• Like 1

Just got these today, BCBGeneration platform pumps.  Totally my usual style, look to have been worn maybe five times tops and cleaned up great.  Nice fit all around and I'm sure they'll form up to my foot shape soon.

ul219.jpg.59959124a9ca00016f3aa6bb4ba7985e.jpg

ul220.jpg.20930950a978ef84c8c47c9786953641.jpg

• Like 5

i dont like make teasers, but i have 5 pair actualy in shippin. i need to show that. 

presse10.jpg

some pair come from us or china, so that will take a unknow time to get this at home... 

the 2 first par were from cq boutique, so i expect great quality. in the middle, pumps from 1969 italia ebay store . a pair of 16 cm heeld shoes from aliexpress, ordered ine black. i just hope that will not be bad quality. and the last one is ann crekk darla in size us 11. so that will be 1 1/2 size too small, but size 12 was  unaivable.

and yes, that cost some money  :-? so i just need to wait now :fine:

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, yoyo said:

i dont like make teasers, but i have 5 pair actualy in a pair of 16 cm heeld shoes from aliexpress, ordered ine black. 

Yoyo. I'm really in love with the pointy ankle boots! I definitely want a review once they arrive. The picture is amazing! I think we have similar taste...

1 hour ago, redandwhite said:

IMG_0544.JPG

And my other new heels too

7 hours ago, redandwhite said:

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

Both are gorgeous pairs.... they look great on your shapely legs too - enjoy :)  

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

I've been going back and forth on this pair. But for $34 what the heck.

SpeedLimit 98 Mail in black.  I'll get photos next week when I wear them to work. Similar  to SpeedLimit 98 Manji, but different shaped holes.

df56240d-7204-4dd4-932d-8ed28c3c176c_1.14e49ecc29f27a9c66fbc2e1fd056048.jpeg

89091852-a862-4c6c-9333-6ca962b30caf_1.2154439c0584a29b28fd54ee6bf16fb8.jpeg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i received some shoes :

img_8525.jpg img_8524.jpg img_8523.jpg img_8526.jpg

img_8519.jpg img_8520.jpg img_8521.jpg img_8522.jpg

the black pump from cq boutique are perfect, but there is just one thing that unsatisfact me. the heel is too high. more than expected. 17,5 cm, ist just 5 mm over my limit, and its hard to walk with. so i need to train more and more for this height, but i dont think i could do it... i will see...

and the second pair is from 1969 ebay store. 13.5cm of heel in brown, i just love it  !

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 5