Who has bought some new shoes

gj

7 hours ago, Highheeldude said:

The answer to your question could be as simple as style. However, I think it's more than that. When you look at these two shoes of equal size, fit and heel height, the beige shoe appears to have a much higher heel if you view it individually. So my arguement would be that it's done to give the appearance of a higher heel.

20180610_062517.jpg

That's a great comparison. The black definitely appear to be lower.... but its so not the case!

8 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Its a shame if the green heels are at your upper limit although wearing them for shorter time periods will be ok. Just goes to show how every few mm of extra heel height at you top end makes a huge difference to real wearability if you have to do plenty of walking. It will be more your ankle flexibility limiting you than a problem or limitation with the arch of your foot. You could try using your hips more - leading with each hip helps with taller heels = I didn't realise until I had it pointed out to me - but I lead with my hips and it allows me to wear steeper heels and have a bit of spring in my step still - for me a 5.5inch heel is incredibly steep - on vertical. Perhaps you should use your hips? I mean models do it to exagerate a strut - but its essentially the same walk - its very easy in heels - sort of makes sense.

Can you show video demonstrating the walk with your hips. With my Achilles injury I do fast walking on the treadmill. Notice when I exaggerate my stride with my hips swaying more it relieves pain in my foot. Don’t have experience doing it in heels. Would seem to be very difficult walking swaying hips seeing your off balance from planting your foot forward. I can imagine it like ice skating almost sliding the shoe rather stepping, is that accurate statement.

Please help because i’m interested in buying Pleasers seduce 420’s  being five inch heel. My only hesitation is the accurate fitting me being a  9.5us in men’s thinking 11us women’s should do well. Even some say court heels fit small. 

Another one I have my eye on in purchasings is 1969 Anouks. Don’t know the exact heel height15 cm  but know they are challenge to wear or walk around in. 

66FF85AC-225A-455B-B07A-BE3FBE69E4B2.jpeg

E6319FAB-7B31-45D9-83D1-A54551DA7795.jpeg

43A63F71-4729-40E5-AB3E-A26C93CF1B02.jpeg

• Like 1

Mackyheels

firstly terrific legs in the pics there... wow.

secondly walking. engaging your hips and leading a step with a hip is simple and you don't change how you walk much. It does take practice and its easier for women because they have wider hips so they can get a larger lead - and as a result get a lot of hip movement easily. Having a smaller waist will accentuate the movement so it depends on your body shape as to how strutty your walk would look.

So you stand in heels, head up - not looking down, shoulders well back, settle you hips and bottom into your heels and walk heel-to. No knee movement. Keep your knees locked and you ankles should pivot through after the heel strinkes and your toes go down. Walk with foot in front of the other in an imaginery line. Your toes shoul point straight ahead - make sure you do NOT turn your toes inwards. Keep shoulders back, head high as you step tuck you elbows in to your sides and turn the palms of your hands to face fowards. You can bend you arm arms at the elbow but do not swing you arms above the elbow - pretend that you should to elbow is attached to your torso

This being done - using your hip means as your left foot goes forward you maintain the posture outlined above - but you twist your hips - you left hip comes forward as you left heel strikes - this means the ankle has less flexing to do for your toes to come down to the ground. Your hip also gets pushed sideways to the same side quite sharply.

So it is left foot going forward - as you foot is halfway forward shove your hip and bottom sideways to the left - keep you head and shoulders and feet in a line - just push your hip to the left and as your left heel is striking or about to strinke twist your trunk slightly to bring that left hip ahead.

Follow through to get your toes and heel down on the left foot. As soon as you left heel is lifting and your weight remains on your left toes then your right foot is going forward - still in that traight line and you should be throwing your hip from the left side of centre across the centre line and out to the right.

Your right heel should touch as you twist your right hip forward  little and on it goes.

I might do some pics...

Its second nature to me - its effortless in high heels.

easy to do in flats too - but doesn't seem right

• Like 1

If you over rotate you get that runway model walk. When I do this (for fun) the women just can't control themselves, they can understand how a male can do this and they can't.  Practice and more practice.

those pictures look computer generated.....or at least significantly enhanced  ?????   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 6/13/2018 at 11:13 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Totally. not sure what the point of that post was...?

For me it would be wondering that if part of the image was photoshopped how real is everything else! Their eBay shop uses some odd lenses which distort shoes into funny shapes.

3 hours ago, iknownuthin said:

For me it would be wondering that if part of the image was photoshopped how real is everything else! Their eBay shop uses some odd lenses which distort shoes into funny shapes.

So shouldn't your post be under odds lenses and funny shapes? And not under who's bought new shoes?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Highheeldude said:

So shouldn't your post be under odds lenses and funny shapes? And not under who's bought new shoes?

And where do all the photos of the model with the lovely legs go? I was merely commenting on a reply to a previous post which was also nothing to do with new shoes! As it happens, your post had nothing to do with new shoes either in a way! :cheeky: 

I've been pretty much hooked on block heels, and my latest acquisition are the Payless "Rae Chopout" mules in taupe with four inch block heels. The shoes were easy to wear, easy to walk in and comfortable for long stretches as I wore them to the sprawling King of Prussia Mall yesterday. They also come in black, but that color sold out.

rae chopout.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 6/20/2018 at 5:37 PM, Highheeldude said:

New Guess Carrie's arrived. I'm never disappointed with these. It's a shame they're no longer made.

Not just a shame they're no longer made, but a CRIME

• Like 2

Hi everyone 

i know I haven’t actually bought these shoes......... yet, however 

im watching a pair of Torrid size 11 heels on ebay. Can anyone shed some light on how these go size wise. Ive heard torrid is a big and wide make. 

Any comparisons to nine west, wittner. Etc would be great.

thanks

Regards

James