Who has bought some new shoes

gj

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

When you think about it, people pay more than that for mass produced trendy Nikes etc.

Not me. I don't think I've ever spent more than sixty bucks on a pair of sneakers in my life!  :giggle:

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

15 minutes ago, JeffB said:

From Shoes of Prey. For anyone unfamiliar with the online company, they sell customized shoes, designed to the specifics of the customer, offering scores of choices in terms of styles, sizes, heel heights, colors, accessories, the combinations are near endless, and that’s no exaggeration. I chose the model called “Savoca”, a rounded toe pump which I ordered in 13 wide and customized in black leather with a four inch stiletto heel, beige soles and a deep red lining for a cost of $149, making them the most expensive shoes I’ve ever bought, but, I have to say they were worth every penny as the craftsmanship was first class. I wore the shoes on an outing yesterday and found the shoes to have been comfortable and easy to walk in during my break in period.

savoca.jpg

well done, great looking shoes

Its such a pity that this little AUSSIE company had to move to the US to make it, but Im happy for them, its just a pit that for me to order from AUS where they started is about twice the price

Regards

James

I have paid more than that  but then  I live in a more expensive (rip off) country than you. Companies tend to take the dollar sign off the price tag and replace it with £ but leave the number the same - so $60 becomes £60. What I meant to say was that the price in the Shoes Of Prey shoes represents extraordinary value by comparison.

5 minutes ago, Sydheel said:

Its such a pity that this little AUSSIE company had to move to the US to make it, but Im happy for them, its just a pit that for me to order from AUS where they started is about twice the price

It is similar in Britain.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Not me. I don't think I've ever spent more than sixty bucks on a pair of sneakers in my life!  :giggle:

Hmmm,,,,, the same here for sneakers.   But a good pair of steel toe work boots,  6” heels, or thigh high boots,,,,,,,, the max spending limit goes way way way up.   LOL 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CAT said:

Hmmm,,,,, the same here for sneakers.   But a good pair of steel toe work boots,  6” heels, or thigh high boots,,,,,,,, the max spending limit goes way way way up.   LOL 

I have spent as much as $220 for a pair of sneakers but ofcourse on a womens pair. :)

i do collect sneakers

1 hour ago, MackyHeels said:

JeffB nice pumps looks very smart and proper, $150 is a bargain. Browsed the site and found almost all heels start at $250 find fuss Sche bit cheaper to buy. 

The difference being that Fuss schuss seem to be designed for and marketed to guys who fantasise about wearing heels, while Shoes of Prey offer styles fashionable women actually wear. They also offer a vast range of options, colours, heel heights, shapes and styles, toe shapes etc for every model. The extra money you pay actually buys something.

Edited by Shyheels

Thanks for the compliments. Other than the two pairs of thigh boots I own which I shelled out little over $100 each on, I’ve never spent anything more than that on footwear before Shoes of Prey. And yeah, it was certainly money well spent. 

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The difference being that Fuss schuss seem to be designed for and marketed to guys who fantasise about wearing heels, while Shoes of Prey offer styles fashionable women actually wear. They also offer a vast range of options, colours, heel heights, shapes and styles, toe shapes etc for every model. The extra money you pay actually buys something.

Haven't ordered anything from Fuss but Shoe of prey customizing is almost perfect. Only problem i have when customizing court heel is the tips are same colour as the sole. When you have two choices for the pumps sole beige or black, rather have black tips with beige sole. Don't know to much on the footbed comfort or sizing width. Normal, wide, narrow. 

I have 4 to 5 pairs OVER the $200 mark.  But that doesn't mean I spend that much on each one of them.

I think the highest I spend was $170 for some FreeBird booties.  Love wearing those booties.

But here's how I do it. I have a $225 shoe in my shopping bag right now.

$225 wait for 35% off sale, new price: $146, 

$146, use $25 coupon, new price: $121,

$121 use "Gift Card Money" at 70% of face value

Out-of-pocket cost $84.70

Of course this includes free shipping and double points, or about another $25 to spend on a future purchase...

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 12:18 AM, Cali said:

I have 4 to 5 pairs OVER the $200 mark.  But that doesn't mean I spend that much on each one of them.

I think the highest I spend was $170 for some FreeBird booties.  Love wearing those booties.

But here's how I do it. I have a $225 shoe in my shopping bag right now.

$225 wait for 35% off sale, new price: $146, 

$146, use $25 coupon, new price: $121,

$121 use "Gift Card Money" at 70% of face value

Out-of-pocket cost $84.70

Of course this includes free shipping and double points, or about another $25 to spend on a future purchase...

Well done! Why spend more money than you have to? Saving is cool!  :cool:

11 hours ago, JeffB said:

Well done! Why spend more money than you have to? Saving is cool!  :cool:

I know a guy that spends $300+ for sports shoes for everyday wear. Same guy can't pay the rent. He has matching sports jerseys with shorts with the shoes to match. Also has a nice Rolex. Can't afford to fix his car.

5 hours ago, Pumped said:

I know a guy that spends $300+ for sports shoes for everyday wear. Same guy can't pay the rent. He has matching sports jerseys with shorts with the shoes to match. Also has a nice Rolex. Can't afford to fix his car.

Well, to each their own.

My latest purchase from Payless: the "Tart" sandals with near four inch block heels:

tart.jpg

• Like 1

I've had the black version of the $225 FB Canti's in my bag for some time waiting of the right time to buy them. Today I got a notice they where having a sale, even on clearance, so I went to the Steve Madden site a check what was on clearance. Surprise the FB Canti's was now at $99.99. So with the 25% off it was down to $75. Using a $25 coupon it now $54.5 including tax and shipping. 

So I was forced to buy these.  

2 hours ago, Cali said:

I've had the black version of the $225 FB Canti's in my bag for some time waiting of the right time to buy them. Today I got a notice they where having a sale, even on clearance, so I went to the Steve Madden site a check what was on clearance. Surprise the FB Canti's was now at $99.99. So with the 25% off it was down to $75. Using a $25 coupon it now $54.5 including tax and shipping. 

So I was forced to buy these.  

Not completely my style, but they are a formidable heel... am sure you will enjoy them! 

Here's my latest purchase, the Payless "Kylee" wedge heeled pumps:

kylee.jpg

I found some nice Calvin Klein pumps on Nordstrom Rack for not too bad of a price.  They go up to size 13 so lots of choice for now.  Black and Carmal?  For me they were a bit snug at first but the leather is stretching nicely and they are very comfortable now.  I think the heels are a bit higher than 4" maybe 4.5" These are size 13.

DSCF2176.jpg

DSCF2175.jpg

• Like 1

Here is my latest purchase.  They are Ivanka Trump Carra snakeskin pumps in gold.  The heel measures 4.5" and they are super comfortable to wear.  I got them in a thrift store for a measly $15!  They are in mint condition.  They were probably worn 2 times at the most.

20180530_222723 (640x477).jpg

• Like 1

Hi @pumps13

wow, they are great looking classic pumps. well done

Id love them both in a 12. Pity we dont have Nordstrom rack in AUS

I have found a couple of pairs of shoes on ebay and gumtree that were so cheap it didnt matter if they fitted or not. so i bought them

The 1st pair was a pair of dark purple strappy high heel sandals. They are marked 'BARKING' which doesnt come up when I search, so im thinking its a name one of our discount chains use for their shoes.

100% synthetic (LOL) but suede look.

12cm heel, 1.5cm platform, closed in toe, but with a wide toebed, rear zip entry.

They are marked size 10, but seller said they fit them as a normal 11 so I threw the dice and took my chances

At $10 they are a great buy I thought.

IMG_5350.thumb.JPG.fdee17a12d32f9da46c39bcafe8a90d6.JPG

IMG_5351.thumb.JPG.59562a8057014f745e68f883ef492031.JPGIMG_5352.thumb.JPG.587632e05689df53432781d9777c9db9.JPGIMG_5354.thumb.JPG.b9515895fedcaa56e439aaaa994b39ff.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regards

James

7 hours ago, Highheeldude said:

We've bought these in the last couple of months! They're not all here but we've got more than 50 pairs. Only 10 are mine...

20180526_092136.jpg

Looks great.... now to show us each one in detail ....