Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 2018-03-29 at 8:45 PM, Mr. X said:

Here is a stock image of my latest purchase.  The brand is Steve Madden and the model is "Feelya".  The heel measures about 4 1/4".

Steve-Madden-Feelya-Women-Open-Toe-Synthetic-Black-Sandals (480x480).jpg

I recently purchased a pair like those.  Good choice!

• Like 1

Hey All,

I dropped into Macy's for the first time this year and this pair of Jessica Simpson "Aeralin" wedges didn't speak to me rather it yelled at me to get and grovel. The saleslady brought out a size 10 which fit rather well but I figured for a sale price of $70 it better be an optimal fit so I ordered them. My 5.6" wedges in size 11 will arrive at my house in about a week. I have always liked the JS line but this is the snazziest wedge I have seen at Macy's so I decided to pay more than I usually would. I would to post a picture of them on my feet but figured a stock photo would give you a taste. Despite our light snow and February temperatures in April in Wisconsin I guess I'm looking ahead to warmer times. Still, if I really want to wear a wedge them I am generally quite comfortable all the way down to about 30F/-1C or so. Mind over matter. Wedges over winter.  HappyinHeels5ac5a941b0e6c_JSAeralinWedge.jpg.3cc233400eb647ee89a41c248b41b785.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice HappyinHeels. I like them. Every so often, I buy from Macy's too. The Macy's I visit is very accepting of men trying on heels and the woman clerk orders shoes in my size for me so I get the free shipping. I just ordered twp pairs of Naturalizer slide sandals.https://www.macys.com/shop/product/naturalizer-sloan-wedge-sandals?ID=5395808&CategoryID=17570&swatchColor=White#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D1%26ruleId%3D78%26kws%3Dnaturalizer sloan%26searchPass%3DallMultiMatchWithSpelling%26slotId%3D1

I ordered  the Sloan wedge in both white and the gun metal (silver) colors. Got a great price on them from Macy's. No one on the net could match Macy's price!

I'm still waiting for sandal wearing weather. Today it was 59* here at 3 AM. After hurricane force winds here of 75 mph, during the day, tonight the temp is 26* with falling snow. The ground is already white. No sandals for a while yet. I still have my knee boots at the ready, with my fleece lined leggings.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

thanks for that bluejay. i hear you. I'm going to be in Chicago tomorrow and am wondering what I'll wear. It will not be warm. Probably will go with my gray wedge boots and my gray London Fog jacket and have some wedges in my bag for stopping by my pal's store in the city. May drop by my favorite Steve Madden store in the Bucktown area of the city as they always have the edgiest styles. HappyinHeels

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

thanks for that bluejay. i hear you. I'm going to be in Chicago tomorrow and am wondering what I'll wear. It will not be warm. Probably will go with my gray wedge boots and my gray London Fog jacket and have some wedges in my bag for stopping by my pal's store in the city. May drop by my favorite Steve Madden store in the Bucktown area of the city as they always have the edgiest styles. HappyinHeels

Have a great trip. Here another day of snow showers, grass was covered three times, today. Oh well!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

6 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

What is your timeline for being in Chicago 

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:43 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Hey All,

I dropped into Macy's for the first time this year and this pair of Jessica Simpson "Aeralin" wedges didn't speak to me rather it yelled at me to get and grovel. The saleslady brought out a size 10 which fit rather well but I figured for a sale price of $70 it better be an optimal fit so I ordered them. My 5.6" wedges in size 11 will arrive at my house in about a week. I have always liked the JS line but this is the snazziest wedge I have seen at Macy's so I decided to pay more than I usually would. I would to post a picture of them on my feet but figured a stock photo would give you a taste. Despite our light snow and February temperatures in April in Wisconsin I guess I'm looking ahead to warmer times. Still, if I really want to wear a wedge them I am generally quite comfortable all the way down to about 30F/-1C or so. Mind over matter. Wedges over winter.  HappyinHeels5ac5a941b0e6c_JSAeralinWedge.jpg.3cc233400eb647ee89a41c248b41b785.jpg

These are stunning wedges   - I'm a sucker for a pair like this! 
Personally would prefer less 'bling', but they certainly make a statement! 

RonC.....    How do you like those Karmen pumps??  I have been looking at those shoes the past few years and have actually tried them on several times, different sizes, different widths and I can't find a proper fit.  I really like the simple, clean  look of the shoe, and really want a pair but I they just don't fit properly for me.  Very disappointing.  They have very nice reviews from those who have made a purchase.  As of now I only have one pair of pumps (Aerosoles) so I will just have to stick with those.  But I will keep looking / trying !!!   

Take care.....  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

5 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I LOVE the look of these! Like the perfect combination of a stiletto and a wedge!

What brand and heel height are they? 

I totally agree. Brand is 'Whistles', style is 'Dee'.

The heel is 4.5 inches high, no platform, very comfortable too.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, NEHeels said:

I totally agree. Brand is 'Whistles', style is 'Dee'.

The heel is 4.5 inches high, no platform, very comfortable too.

Wow really great - so happy that they are comfortable. I looked on their site but couldn't find this pair?

in fact, when I went to http://www.whistles.com/women/shoes/heels/ all I get is  8 pairs!! and only 2 of them are heels ??

Edited by jeremy1986

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Wow really great - so happy that they are comfortable. I looked on their site but couldn't find this pair?

in fact, when I went to http://www.whistles.com/women/shoes/heels/ all I get is  8 pairs!! and only 2 of them are heels ??

I dont think they sell them anymore. I found these on ebay :) but they wee originally in store at 150£, got them for 10£, bargain! :)

Spring has sprung and that means ..... more wedges . jeremy1986 you should really like these . My wife found them on the Payless web site . With all the great reviews , I figured , why not and with a 25% off discount they would be fine even if I hated the fit . They are a great fit and a little wider than Payless usually has for wide width shoes . The shoe name is "Escape" . The ankle tie  is long enough to tie in the front or back of the ankle .  They are real easy to walk in and fun to wear . 

shopping.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Springtime is here (so far in name only), so it is time for new sandals! I scored two new (to me) pair on ebay. Both of them are mules (really, is there any other kind worth wearing?) Both of them are Nine West. Both of them are non-current models by several years which I'd never seen or heard of before now. Neither has been worn much at all. The salmon colored pair is called Dance Card, and features cork-look heels of a whopping 5 3/8 inches, but with a 1 1/4 inch platform, so they are surprisingly easy to walk in. The black pair is called Versell, and I believe they've never been worn at all. There is one silver metal doodad missing on the front, so I got them for $5 (plus shipping). The Versell model has a 4 5/8 inch stiletto heel which appears to be made of molded plastic. With a 5/8 inch platform, they're right at 4 inches difference between the toe and heel, making for relatively easy walking.

Actually, I can't comment on either of these yet, because I have worn them only cursorily. Both of them fit exactly the same--tight. I can tell they will straighten up and fly right in pretty short order, but they're a bitch to get on with the multiple straps to scrunch up your foot. It will just be a matter of wearing them for a few hours, and they will be fine.

IMG_9414.JPG

IMG_9415.JPG

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG

• Like 4

Look great, I'd be surprised if the plastic soles don't crack on the black pair. There's not much give, I have a few. When they crack there is a noticeable snap, but then suddenly they become easier and more comfortable to walk in.