Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Just picked up a huge selection of classic 5" pumps, mostly used. Love the classy style and have no trouble wearing these in everyday around the house inside and out. Damaging these is fine, prices were right.

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I know a lot of you prefer stilettos and that's fine, but as an older guy who wears in public every day, my preference is for lower heels and wider, more stable heels. A recent purchase was a pair of Clark's "Emslie Lulin" mary janes, and you can find my published review of them here:

http://www.clarksusa.com/us/womens-technologies/womens-ortholite/emslie-lulin-brown-leather/p/26129222

If you can take a minute and click on the link above, scan the review "Excellent Comfort and Outstanding Design" by Essgkay, and then click on "helpful," it would be good for the public (mostly women) to see a high approval rate of a guy wearing and reviewing women's shoes. Thanks for your help!

Steve

Clarks Emslie Lulin brown.jpg

• Like 1

I feel I should warn people here. The Luichiny heels I posted a pic to are pretty poorly constructed.

I bought one pair and the platform came undone form the rest of the shoe. The shoe was still in one piece, but when I walked the left hand shoe would flex and make a popping noise. The eBay seller was great and swapped them out. I got the second pair and within a few hours of wearing them the right hand shoe started doing the same thing. This time I figured I would fix them as I love the style. I went out the the shop and carefully peeled back the inner sole out of the toe. I could see where the sole was attached the the platform with staples so I carefully drilled a few small holes through the sole and into the platform until I hit solid material underneath. Two 1-1/4" long sheet rock screws and they are like new. Time will tell how they hold up. If I had payed the retail of $80 I would have sent them back, but for the $36 I will take a chance.

Today i just got a great "love your heels" comment coming out of the tobacco shop. She then told her daughters to come over and check me out, exclaiming how impressed she was I was wearing my heels. Big discussion at breakfast as well. Gray patent snake print 5" heels must be the tipping point. Everyone just has to comment on them.

IMG_3284.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

Today i just got a great "love your heels" comment coming out of the tobacco shop. She then told her daughters to come over and check me out, exclaiming how impressed she was I was wearing my heels. Big discussion at breakfast as well. Gray patent snake print 5" heels must be the tipping point. Everyone just has to comment on them.

IMG_3284.jpg

What outfit did you wear them with?

maninpumps,

I picked up the "Nelly" wedges at the ALdo store today. They fit just fine in the store and I'll try to post a photo here. I really was surprised to see how early Aldo got spring wedges in their inventory but they are available. Right now they have three different ones "Nydalessa", "Tharien" and the "Nelly" I got. Strangley enough the first two named wedges do not appear on their website despite the fact they are in the outlet store. I'll see if I can remember to give them a  review. As far as my review to you all it goes like this; Have a chance to get a  great new wedge for 2018....go for it! HappyinHeels

• Like 1

On 16 mars 2018 at 11:12 AM, Pierre1961 said:

Nice!

which brand? 

How high? 

Shall i search in the men  or woman section ?

thanks 

The brand is GIARO, 14 cm heel for a 43 size, true to size .

The Shop is Schuplus on eBay 

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, Jkrenzer said:

IMG_3284.jpg

Gorgeous heels - so nice you got those positive comments!

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:23 AM, HappyinHeels said:

maninpumps,

I picked up the "Nelly" wedges at the ALdo store today. They fit just fine in the store and I'll try to post a photo here. I really was surprised to see how early Aldo got spring wedges in their inventory but they are available. Right now they have three different ones "Nydalessa", "Tharien" and the "Nelly" I got. Strangley enough the first two named wedges do not appear on their website despite the fact they are in the outlet store. I'll see if I can remember to give them a  review. As far as my review to you all it goes like this; Have a chance to get a  great new wedge for 2018....go for it! HappyinHeels

Would love to see the new wedges! You know how I feel about wedges :cheeky:

On 08/03/2018 at 10:33 PM, Pumped said:

I ran across these a while back but I was too cheap to pay nearly full price. I saw them again on eBay for $36.00 and figure I could afford it. I love crazy tall heels, crazier and trashier the better! 6 inch heel, 2 inch platform. Luichiny May Lynn.

https://shoespost.com/luichiny-may-lynn-red-snake-imi-lea/

May-Lynn-Red-Snake-IMI-Lea.jpg

You’re exactly like me pumped. Higher the better. I feel so powerful when I wear 6”+ heels. I like the lace at the top of the heels, a steal for $36. Nice find :) 

Here are my latest.  The brand is Jules and James.  They are sparkly silver with a chrome colored heel.  The heel measures 5.25 inches with a  semi hidden platform.

20180318_205026 (480x355).jpg

• Like 2

On 3/13/2018 at 3:21 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Just picked up a huge selection of classic 5" pumps, mostly used. Love the classy style and have no trouble wearing these in everyday around the house inside and out. Damaging these is fine, prices were right.

As I said before Jkrenzer, " Your choice in pumps always have the most classic toe shapes and incredible colors."

Those look to possibly all (or mostly) be the same brand / style.  Care to share who the manufacturer is?  I'm always on the lookout for bold 80's style classic pumps like that for my wife.  Myself as well, but rarely do they run up to that size.

46 minutes ago, Lime15 said:

As I said before Jkrenzer, " Your choice in pumps always have the most classic toe shapes and incredible colors."

Those look to possibly all (or mostly) be the same brand / style.  Care to share who the manufacturer is?  I'm always on the lookout for bold 80's style classic pumps like that for my wife.  Myself as well, but rarely do they run up to that size.

since you like retro take a look at these...

https://www.stevemadden.com/catalog/search.cmd?cm_sp=globalheader-_-search&form_state=searchForm&CSRF_TOKEN_SEARCHCMD=&keyword1=Canti&keyword=Canti

Also give the review a thumbs up...

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-CANTI_TAN.jpg

5 hours ago, Lime15 said:

Believe it or not shoe republic la. Well built for mid quality heels. For whatever reason the snake print style runs consistently 1/2 size larger. 

These are one of the my latest pairs. A gift actually. They have a low heel, I didn't think I would like them because they weren't tall enough...but I find myself doing chores in them...maybe more chores just to wear them. 

20180320_155243.jpg

20180320_155527.jpg

20180320_155534.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barr said:

These are one of the my latest pairs. A gift actually. They have a low heel, I didn't think I would like them because they weren't tall enough...but I find myself doing chores in them...maybe more chores just to wear them. 

20180320_155243.jpg

These are fab @Barr. Not tall enough? They look about 4.5" ... with a stiletto heel! Good for you!

Who was the gift from?

• Like 1

@jeremy1986 they are very comfortable! I prefer something over 6 inches. My girlfriend bought them for me when we were strolling the mall. Im thinking of doing heels in a suit, white shirt and tie. This website is opening doors for me. I just haven't really figured out how to navigate this site yet...where would you suggest I post pictures for my next idea? 

Yes, they are 4.5 inches! =)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barr said:

@jeremy1986 they are very comfortable! I prefer something over 6 inches. My girlfriend bought them for me when we were strolling the mall. Im thinking of doing heels in a suit, white shirt and tie. This website is opening doors for me. I just haven't really figured out how to navigate this site yet...where would you suggest I post pictures for my next idea? 

Glad to know I estimate heels well :cheeky:

6" in high!! Can you walk in them easily? 

So lovely of your GF to buy these for you... very special! Did you need you try them on?

Regarding posting ideas, maybe open a new thread in the "for the guys" forum. Probably the best place. 

@jeremy1986 I practice. Youtube videos and practice! A majority of my heels are platform, so that makes it easier. My Giaro boots are a little more difficult. I try to do the catwalk strut in front of her, she enjoys it. Most of my heels were purchased online, shes been encouraging me to try them on before the buy. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Barr said:

Having a pair of practical heels you can live in is not a bad thing. I look forward to hearing how well you do figuring out how you like to match heels to clothes. 

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

On 3/20/2018 at 5:13 PM, Barr said:

20180320_155243.jpg

20180320_155527.jpg

20180320_155534.jpg

I like those alot.  Classic pump style, black patent, and a nice heel height.  

• Like 3

On 3/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Believe it or not shoe republic la. Well built for mid quality heels. For whatever reason the snake print style runs consistently 1/2 size larger. 

Ah, thank you!  My wife has a pair of yellow with black polka dot pumps by them and I was surprised at how well they were made myself.

Here is a stock image of my latest purchase.  The brand is Steve Madden and the model is "Feelya".  The heel measures about 4 1/4".

Steve-Madden-Feelya-Women-Open-Toe-Synthetic-Black-Sandals (480x480).jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 1