Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 12/23/2017 at 11:31 PM, JeffB said:

3 inch matte black SOP.jpg

4 inch matte black SOP.jpg

Gidday JeffB

these are beautiful pumps. I like the lining in a deep pink - or perhaps a dark rose kind of colour?

They look like the same style f shoe except for a heel height variation.

Love to see some pics on your feet? They do look delicious.

NB... random thought... you could wear one shoe from each pair so you walking with one 3 inch heel, and one 4 inch heel.... just like Marilyn Munroe did to get her signature walk - or was that just a myth?

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Gidday JeffB

these are beautiful pumps. I like the lining in a deep pink - or perhaps a dark rose kind of colour?

NB... random thought... you could wear one shoe from each pair so you walking with one 3 inch heel, and one 4 inch heel.... just like Marilyn Munroe did to get her signature walk - or was that just a myth?

Cheers

Marilyn Monroe famously said 'Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she'll conquer the world'.   (Bit sexist that, but probably true!)   She also said that she trimmed 1/4" off one of her heels to induce a wiggle as she walked.   I would not recommend Jeff to try with a full inch height difference between the two heels - he would probably end-up walking in circles!   :giggle:    

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Gidday JeffB

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words. Forgot to mention I chose a rounded toe on both pairs for the sake of comfort. As for pics, they'll be coming soon. Oh, yeah, I recently ordered a pair of three inchers in black patent. As for that Marilyn walk, I'll pass on that. HA!

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Marilyn Monroe famously said 'Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she'll conquer the world'.   (Bit sexist that, but probably true!)   She also said that she trimmed 1/4" off one of her heels to induce a wiggle as she walked.   I would not recommend Jeff to try with a full inch height difference between the two heels - he would probably end-up walking in circles!   :giggle:    

You're probably right! Double HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

11 hours ago, JeffB said:

I have heard this from multiple places over the years. I'm inclined to believe it's true. I recall reading where a director had the guys trim a 1/2" off one heel for a movie once. This would explain her walking style.

I originally found them at DSW, but they only had them up to US11.  I ended up getting these from Amazon.  Normally around $60 a pair, Amazon had them for $25 for the blue and $18 for the black.  The brand is Penny Loves Kenny.  They are called Notch.  They are pretty comfortable.

Edited by Over5

15 hours ago, Over5 said:

I originally found them at DSW, but they only had them up to US11.  I ended up getting these from Amazon.  Normally around $60 a pair, Amazon had them for $25 for the blue and $18 for the black.  The brand is Penny Loves Kenny.  They are called Notch.  They are pretty comfortable.

That's great - what a good price. Enjoy!

Hi Heelers :  I have been spending lots of my money on Shoes and Boots just be for the new year. Pulled the mighty stupid act and put 

New Boots in the " Boots and Shoes that we wished we owned " posting. These are some new Ankle Boots. Am I putting these in the right place ?

spikesmike.

DSCF5365.JPG

DSCF5333.JPG

• Like 3

I have owned a pair of Steve Madden Barbb mules for about a year. I have enjoyed them enough that I wished I could buy them in another color. Unfortunately, like most shoes I buy, it's a non-current model, and pretty much unavailable anywhere.

However, somebody must think they're still stylish enough, because there are knockoffs aplenty, in many, many colors. I hesitate to use the word "knockoff," because the Real McCoy wasn't all that expensive to begin with, but the knockoffs are super cheap, and copy the style in every respect save one--they are not leather. But I decided what the heck, for less than 20 bucks, why not? I've been searching for the real thing for quite some time with no luck. 

As it turns out, they aren't that bad. Not quite as comfortable as the genuine article, but not bad, and they look and feel way more expensive than 20 bucks. I bought them in a sort of rose-tinged nude patent. 

Right after my knockoffs arrived, I found the real Steve Maddens in what they call "bone."  I think they are slightly darker than what I think of as "bone," but that's ok. They wanted $65 for them. I thought about it. Then suddenly one day, the price dropped to $29. I jumped. I soon discovered why the price dropped--they are slightly damaged, but it doesn't bother me much. Not for that price. I'm a little irritated with the seller for not disclosing, but I'll let it ride. 

The pair on the left are my original black ones, worn and enjoyed for a year. The middle pair are the knockoffs, and the right pair are the genuine Steve Maddens in bone. I guess I'll have to wait a few months to give a full report on how the knockoffs fare in the real world. It's a little chilly for that right now, even for me!

IMG_8956.JPG

• Like 3

I have seen some "knock offs" that I could not tell from the real thing. Seems most shoes are made in China and I suppose after a time the contract runs out and the factory might continue to manufacture the shoe under their own name.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:06 PM, mlroseplant said:

I have owned a pair of Steve Madden Barbb mules for about a year. I have enjoyed them enough that I wished I could buy them in another color. Unfortunately, like most shoes I buy, it's a non-current model, and pretty much unavailable anywhere.

However, somebody must think they're still stylish enough, because there are knockoffs aplenty, in many, many colors. I hesitate to use the word "knockoff," because the Real McCoy wasn't all that expensive to begin with, but the knockoffs are super cheap, and copy the style in every respect save one--they are not leather. But I decided what the heck, for less than 20 bucks, why not? I've been searching for the real thing for quite some time with no luck. 

As it turns out, they aren't that bad. Not quite as comfortable as the genuine article, but not bad, and they look and feel way more expensive than 20 bucks. I bought them in a sort of rose-tinged nude patent. 

Right after my knockoffs arrived, I found the real Steve Maddens in what they call "bone."  I think they are slightly darker than what I think of as "bone," but that's ok. They wanted $65 for them. I thought about it. Then suddenly one day, the price dropped to $29. I jumped. I soon discovered why the price dropped--they are slightly damaged, but it doesn't bother me much. Not for that price. I'm a little irritated with the seller for not disclosing, but I'll let it ride. 

The pair on the left are my original black ones, worn and enjoyed for a year. The middle pair are the knockoffs, and the right pair are the genuine Steve Maddens in bone. I guess I'll have to wait a few months to give a full report on how the knockoffs fare in the real world. It's a little chilly for that right now, even for me!

IMG_8956.JPG

Most interesting, miro. Cool shoes! Just one question, when it comes to washing your footwear, do you use the Normal or Delicate cycle?  :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

11 hours ago, JeffB said:

Most interesting, miro. Cool shoes! Just one question, when it comes to washing your footwear, do you use the Normal or Delicate cycle?  :giggle:

... and I see that there is also a setting for 'heel height' - 'High' or 'Med'.   :cheeky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, JeffB said:

Aw, come on guys! You know I would never put my shoes in the washing machine. There's a slop sink next to the washing machine for hand wash only items. ;)

• Haha 3

Please help our cause!

I wrote a review for my new Clarks "Rosalyn Wren" low-heel mary janes and they published it, just as I'd written it. I would like to chalk up a few "helpful" responses. If you visit the web page below, you will find my review "Outstanding Value in Comfort and Design" by Essgkay. If you click on "helpful" it will show Clarks that guys do read and support the male reviews of their women's shoes. Thanks!

Click on:

http://www.clarksusa.com/us/womens/womens-heels/womens-wide-fit-heels/rosalyn-wren-black-leather/p/26110644

Steve

Clarks Rosalyn Wren black4.JPG

• Like 1

Hi guys !

Back after  a long time out....

To celebrate, some recent acquisitions:

1) Black suede two part sandals from Schutz - Really love them, I have the same model, from the same brand, in 4 others colors...

2) Red suede platform ankle strap sandals, also from Schutz. 

Hope you like them!

DeSalto

20632501_1429285707155357_162505533_n.jpg

20751590_1435226499894611_520384017_n.jpg

• Like 7

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Over5,

Very cute wedges indeed! I have a handbag matching the cognac strap of the wedges in the lighter denim blue. Finding any sandals with a denim theme is not easy.

DeSalto,

The first pair aren't anything I have but the second pair with the chunky heels reminds me of several I have with the same exact bottom. Very  retro!  HappyinHeels

Just now, HappyinHeels said:

DeSalto,

The first pair aren't anything I have but the second pair with the chunky heels reminds me of several I have with the same exact bottom. Very  retro!  HappyinHeels

Yes, retro is a perfect word to describe those sandals.

About the first pair, I haven't seen msny guys here wearing that style. I wonder if anyone here have a pair of Weitzman Nudists...

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:38 PM, DeSalto said:

Hi guys !

Back after  a long time out....

To celebrate, some recent acquisitions:

1) Black suede two part sandals from Schutz - Really love them, I have the same model, from the same brand, in 4 others colors...

2) Red suede platform ankle strap sandals, also from Schutz. 

Hope you like them!

DeSalto

20632501_1429285707155357_162505533_n.jpg

20751590_1435226499894611_520384017_n.jpg

Hi DeSalto - these sandals look fabulous!

I love the delicate look of the first pair (I have a similar pair from New Look, in leather - see https://hhplace.org/gallery/image/7762-new-look-barely-there-sandals/

and the more chunky pair also has definite appeal to it. I don't have any red heels, but they certainly shout "look at me" :)

I also really love the ankle strap style in general, so these are definite winners!

Enjoy them!

46 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Hi DeSalto - these sandals look fabulous!

I love the delicate look of the first pair (I have a similar pair from New Look, in leather - see https://hhplace.org/gallery/image/7762-new-look-barely-there-sandals/

and the more chunky pair also has definite appeal to it. I don't have any red heels, but they certainly shout "look at me" :)

I also really love the ankle strap style in general, so these are definite winners!

Enjoy them!

Your black sandals are great Jeremy! 

About the ankle straps, most of my heels have them. I love the look and the feeling, they are almost always my choice of style! :)

1 minute ago, DeSalto said:

Your black sandals are great Jeremy! 

About the ankle straps, most of my heels have them. I love the look and the feeling, they are almost always my choice of style! :)

Thanks!!
And yes - I just love how the straps tug at my ankles...