Who has bought some new shoes

gj

16 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

That's great @Schnubab. Those heels are amazing (what brand, height?) - and the fact that they are from your gf makes them even more special!

When are you going to make an honest woman out of her :cheeky:  JK!

:D The brand is "Call It Spring" with the particular shoe model being Gwydda. The heel is 11cm high which is perfect for me.

As for making an honest woman out of her, she has been VERY patient for the last 9 1/2 years now, so it is definitely needed soon ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Schnubab said:

:D The brand is "Call It Spring" with the particular shoe model being Gwydda. The heel is 11cm high which is perfect for me.

As for making an honest woman out of her, she has been VERY patient for the last 9 1/2 years now, so it is definitely needed soon ;)

You are indeed a lucky man, and any woman that bought me a pair of heels like that would earn my everlasting love and respect!  Only in my dreams!

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, Cali said:

This site will bring about the demise of my wallet...but then there is always bitcoin.

Today's purchase. Photos in them later. Delicious, 4.5 inch heel, no platform.

ELOWEN-H-BK.jpg

These look great - look forward to seeing them on you. Would you wear them with socks or hose?

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, Schnubab said:

Great heels - enjoy. 11 is indeed a perfect height

your GF sounds wonderful  - she's a keeper -  don't lose her! 

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

These look great - look forward to seeing them on you. Would you wear them with socks or hose?

Socks. Wore them for a 14 hour day yesterday. Pictures in a couple of days.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, balletboot said:

My new aldo's "stessy" just arrived! Just need to break them in a little bit then hopefully wearing them out on my next heeling adventure :)

stessy_black_97_alt1_sq_nt_1200x1200.jpg

20171130_000415.png

I have been looking at buying thse ones as well.  They are hot!

• Like 3

I have been unable to resist a few bargains 

i bought a pair of wittner heels with strap. Ive seen these and tried them on in the wittner store but i saw them on ebay for $10. Size 42

2 other pairs came from apparelsave on ebay from the USA. 1 pair of nine west peep toes 1 pair of INC heels. Both $12 AUS. Both sz 11

im yet to receive any of them but im excited

James

2BD53B74-8156-4347-A8A0-AE3AF774AA2D.png

B27BBB21-D5C2-4747-9A40-60E5D1A38044.png

8D50EF24-DF59-4D5E-888B-CDEA32F8F8B0.png

7F66C3B5-7199-4927-AA6C-688903BADE1E.png

4238C13A-2855-4FDA-B956-FF3467B07ED1.png

41EFBE1E-BB85-4077-B3BA-87174064D658.png

• Like 1

Regards

James

On 11/30/2017 at 6:05 PM, balletboot said:

My new aldo's "stessy" just arrived! Just need to break them in a little bit then hopefully wearing them out on my next heeling adventure :)

stessy_black_97_alt1_sq_nt_1200x1200.jpg

20171130_000415.png

Gorgeous heels. I love pumps like these. They will be a great shoe with almost any outfit ! Enjoy.

• Like 2

I recently bought two pair of low-heeled shoes from Clarks.

Their "Rosalyn Belle" is a pump, which I bought in brown (as they didn't have 12W in black), but it turns out I really like the color, so I'm glad it worked out. The second pair is "Rosalyn Wren" mary janes in black. Both of these have 2" block heels, are real leather, and are amazingly comfortable. I rarely buy shoes this expensive; both list for $110. The Belle I found on 6pm.com (Zappos' clearance outlet) for $45 and the Wren I found on ShoeMall.com for $76. I got an email confirmation from both companies and got the Belle right away, but didn't hear anything from ShoeMall for a couple of days. When I went to the web site to check the status, I was horrified to find out they cancelled my order! Just like that! No email, no notification as to why, no apology, no nothing. I was really dismayed. On ClarksUSA.com and other web sites (Zappos.com and Shoes.com for example) the Wren don't qualify for the 30% discount or whatever they offer, for some reason, so I was glad to find that on ShoeMall they gave me the discount. Then they took away the discount AND the shoes. No 12W were available any more. I was really irritated to be treated so badly so I wrote them a nastygram to complain. No reply yet. I ended up buying the Wren at Zappos.com and paying full price with a $5.00 discount. So for that price, I figured I better be impressed.

Well, it turns out I really am! There was no break-in needed. The Wren fit like a glove and are very easy to walk in. I've worn them all day several times. Today, I went with my wife to attend a hearing in Columbus at the statehouse, and of course, nobody noticed. We went to lunch, to a museum, to Starbucks, and walked all over. These are great shoes for walking and for all day wear. The Belle pumps are great, too, but are a bit wide in the back for me, so at first they tended to slip off my heel. But as I've worn them they have become more flexible and now stay on much better. I wore them all day yesterday, to the office, to lunch, to the pub for drinks before dinner, and to the dining room for dinner. I really like the looks and how they feel.

I know most of you who love stilettos or 5" heels won't be impressed, but these shoes are a first for me in an important way. They show the top of my foot fully exposed (save the strap on the mary janes) and I've never dared to wear such heels in public. Everything previous was clogs, boots or loafer pumps which covered the instep. What prompted me to push my envelope is that in recent months I've added some ballet flats and flat mary janes to my collection and have worn those in public with no comments or iDrops from anyone (at least that I noticed). So I've become much bolder than before, and that's a big step (and a big instep!) for me in my journey.

So if any of you want to take the next step like I have, I highly recommend Clark's shoes like these. They are a wonderful addition to my wardrobe! 

Steve

Clarks Rosalyn Belle brown.jpg

Clarks Rosalyn Belle brown2.jpg

Clarks Rosalyn Belle brown3.jpg

Clarks Rosalyn Wren black.jpg

Clarks Rosalyn Wren black4.JPG

Clarks Rosalyn Wren black5.JPG

• Like 2

On 12/2/2017 at 8:20 AM, Sydheel said:

I have been unable to resist a few bargains 

i bought a pair of wittner heels with strap. Ive seen these and tried them on in the wittner store but i saw them on ebay for $10. Size 42

2 other pairs came from apparelsave on ebay from the USA. 1 pair of nine west peep toes 1 pair of INC heels. Both $12 AUS. Both sz 11

im yet to receive any of them but im excited

James

So they arrived. Im impressed by apparelsave. 2 weeks to ship direct from USA to my door, for less postage than it costs me to ship across town here in AUS. Go Figure !!

I have some other pics in my thread, "Collection and pics from down under"

Although I like the nail colour Im not sure it goes......

Have a great day

009 (4).JPG

• Like 2

Regards

James

Sydheel,

Couldn't help but notice your toes are exactly the same colour as mine! Good choice my friend. Mine had been more of a harvest orange and I just changed the colour some three days ago. It is just a bit cooler where I live though this time of year (maximum today was -4C/25F). HappyinHeels

Been watching the Steve Madden website for the right time to get these with the best discount I could. Today I got these FB Canti sandals for 51.9% off (plus $10 rebate). Retro.

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-CANTI_BLACK.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

My latest pair. Brand new, but from a charity shop. I went in to buy something else and just as I saw them a lady picked them up. She tried them on, but they didn’t fit her comfortably. She put them back. I checked the size and took them to the lady who was working the till. She asked if they were my size and I replied yes. We chatted for a while and she said the item I was looking for was in the other charity shop.

i went there and got it. Had a look at the shoes and boots there, but there wasn’t any I wanted.

269E2D67-D9D6-4F97-920B-4BA6A41FD155.jpeg

EA9EFB45-361E-4C8A-B463-E957785A3A57.jpeg

72C1D6F1-BF69-41C6-9F16-E4B0F0821B02.jpeg

• Like 4

My Me-2-Me present came in today, FB Canti retro style sandals. It's wood construction with leather. I can wear them as is but I'm going to add another set of holes to both straps. Besides it's winter here.

Fb-Canti a1HH.JPG

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-CANTI_TAN.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

I don't know if I'm the first person here to order from this company, but I recently bought a pair of heels from Shoes of Prey. For anyone unfamiliar with the company, SOP offers customized pumps, flats, boots, sandals, even sneakers in a myriad of sizes, widths, styles, heel heights and colors, all in genuine leather, and all for fairly reasonable prices. In my case, the shoes I bought were $149 apiece and arrived at my door a shade over two weeks after I placed the order. What you see below (pardon my less than stellar photography) are black leather pumps, the first picture with three inch heels and the second with four inchers, both with red leather linings and tan soles. The fit for my selected size (13 wide) was perfect and they felt great on my feet, and while I haven't been out in them yet (hopefully soon), I have no doubt I'll enjoy wearing them. My long range goal is have the SOP three inchers replace the Payless "Karmen" pumps, I mean, why keep manmade shoes when I can have real leather ones instead? Enjoy the pictures!

3 inch matte black SOP.jpg

4 inch matte black SOP.jpg

• Like 4

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Interesting, Jeff.   There is a UK site for SOP but a quick look there (and a dummy order) suggests a price of £157 (roughly $210) for one pair of shoes like yours.   Not sure why there should be such a difference and, other things aside, rather expensive if a UK customer.

@Puffer EU customers always seem to get higher prices compared to U.S. customers. At least that's the case with videogame prices because that's what I'm most familiar with. 

Not sure why that is. Maybe the extra fees that credit card banks charge for foreign exchange, maybe EU hidden taxes.

Edited by alphax

7 hours ago, alphax said:

@Puffer EU customers always seem to get higher prices compared to U.S. customers. At least that's the case with videogame prices because that's what I'm most familiar with. 

Not sure why that is. Maybe the extra fees that credit card banks charge for foreign exchange, maybe EU hidden taxes.

No, none of those elements would apply here to any significant extent.   UK VAT is stated to be included in the price, and Jeff's purchase apparently included US sales tax - and, presumably, shipping.  The transatlantic shipping costs to UK are included in the UK price but I can't believe that that should account for around $60 (£45).   The short answer is 'supply and demand' or, in simpler language, 'greed'.