Who has bought some new shoes

gj

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

Look great, I didn't know Chinese laundry went that high in size 

Thanks.  I didn't know either.  Occasionally I see them go up to 12 on a few discount sites but they're almost always their lower / more frumpy styles.  I've actually seen a couple pairs of this exact style in this size on eBay over the years so I wonder if this style was a larger size experimental run or something.  Fearing they were mismarked or wouldn't fit, I wouldn't make the purchase  - but these came up really cheap so I took the chance, and yeah, true to size.

1 hour ago, Lime15 said:

Thanks.  I didn't know either.  Occasionally I see them go up to 12 on a few discount sites but they're almost always their lower / more frumpy styles.  I've actually seen a couple pairs of this exact style in this size on eBay over the years so I wonder if this style was a larger size experimental run or something.  Fearing they were mismarked or wouldn't fit, I wouldn't make the purchase  - but these came up really cheap so I took the chance, and yeah, true to size.

I hope you go public with them. The heels look low enough for easy all day use.

9 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I hope you go public with them. The heels look low enough for easy all day use.

Not my thing so much these days, as I generally tend to heel when I'm working at home, which is the bulk of my business time over the past year or so.  Actually wearing heels has become such an ingrained part of getting into "work mode" that making that change last year has done a lot to keep me focused and help properly split up my time.  Doesn't mean I don't sign for packages or the like wearing my heels, again, they're standard work-wear for me.  When I'm out and about it's usually sneakers (which are generally louder than my heels anyway) as I walk 10 - 15+ city miles most days on average.

My preferences have definitely changed in the past year and I've massively reduced my heel assortment, but I wear heels now more than ever before.  They're also higher than they look, one of the illusions of wearing size 13. Haha.

Edited by Lime15
  • Like 1

IMG_3645.thumb.JPG.6e8f4c464faa9e39ea95aa7ec0cd19c3.JPG

These are the only heels I own. I wear these whenever I can when it's only me in the house. One day I will be able to wear them around my wife. First time I've posted an image hope it's ok 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Rhys said:

IMG_3645.thumb.JPG.6e8f4c464faa9e39ea95aa7ec0cd19c3.JPG

These are the only heels I own. I wear these whenever I can when it's only me in the house. One day I will be able to wear them around my wife. First time I've posted an image hope it's ok 

Looking great in these platform heels! Love the cross strap!

Where did you get these from?

Do you manage well to walk in them? 

Bought them off a seller on eBay. The seller I bought them off sells loads of heels like the ones I'm wearing, different colours obviously and yeah I could walk around in them all day without any pain at all! Which is a bonus :) 

Edited by Rhys
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 7:34 AM, RonC said:

Lime 15, nice looking heels.  My taste in shoes most often matches yours.

Thanks RonC!  If only the larger size brands and retailers felt the same.  I miss the days of places like Torrid stocking classically cut, office pinup type heels.  While I like the more exotic stuff fine, I want to see classic pumps with a 3" - 4 1/2" heel up through 13+.

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:28 PM, Rhys said:

Bought them off a seller on eBay. The seller I bought them off sells loads of heels like the ones I'm wearing, different colours obviously and yeah I could walk around in them all day without any pain at all! Which is a bonus :) 

That's great!  Could you share a link to the seller?

9 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

That's great!  Could you share a link to the seller?

I've tried finding the seller on eBay but because it was such a long time ago it won't let me go that far back, I'll keep checking and let you know! I remember when they come back I was mega excited to try them on and they don't disappoint! 

8 minutes ago, Rhys said:

I've tried finding the seller on eBay but because it was such a long time ago it won't let me go that far back, I'll keep checking and let you know! I remember when they come back I was mega excited to try them on and they don't disappoint! 

Thank you
No pressure of course ... 

On 9/6/2017 at 11:03 AM, Lime15 said:

Thanks RonC!  If only the larger size brands and retailers felt the same.  I miss the days of places like Torrid stocking classically cut, office pinup type heels.  While I like the more exotic stuff fine, I want to see classic pumps with a 3" - 4 1/2" heel up through 13+.

With you on that one Lime!  Sure would be nice to have those options.

Just received these slightly used Joan and David 5" leather loafers. Great e-bay purchase for a fraction of the original value. No platforms. Love the fit, a bit tight but since they are leather they should stretch nicely into fine fitting shoes.:fine:

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Just received these slightly used Joan and David 5" leather loafers. Great e-bay purchase for a fraction of the original value. No platforms. Love the fit, a bit tight but since they are leather they should stretch nicely into fine fitting shoes.:fine:

Nice loafers!   Essentially a man's shoe-style, purloined and embellished by women.   Thanks for stealing back loafers for MANkind!

Rhys....   I like those sandals !!  The furry toe strap and the heel height is not for me, but if they work for you, great.  I really like ankle strap sandals, I have two pair that I have worn almost exclusively this summer.  Have fun, enjoy those pretty sandals....    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 hour ago, SF said:

Rhys....   I like those sandals !!  The furry toe strap and the heel height is not for me, but if they work for you, great.  I really like ankle strap sandals, I have two pair that I have worn almost exclusively this summer.  Have fun, enjoy those pretty sandals....    sf

It's not normally my style of heels either but I tried them on and really liked them. Still prefer my red heels tho haha 

21 hours ago, Over5 said:

I just got these in today.  They are from Andres Machado on Amazon.  Sorry guys, I think I got the last ones in a 13.

@Over5 good looking pair of wedge sandals, I really like it! Did you wear this outfit outside?

• Like 1

Thank you! I actually did not wear that outfit outside.  I am still working on the confidence to wear any of my heels in public, but I am pretty much at the point of not really caring about others reactions.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2017 at 5:16 PM, Over5 said:

I just got these in today.  They are from Andres Machado on Amazon.  Sorry guys, I think I got the last ones in a 13.

GOPR0352.JPG

Nice looking wedge heels.Your blue pedi looks good too. I also like your anklet. I wear anklets and currently have a red pedi. Will be getting a new pedi soon in flashy fuchsia color for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.  I wear heels out all the time and I want people to see my heels. If you want to be discrete about wearing heels, wear long jeans or pants. Just go out wearing your heels and have a great time! I DO.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1