Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Nice shoe!

Yeh - if you've got other Steve Maddens they're all true to size. They'll fit based on other for sure! Hopefully you've got others. If not I've found they're generous sized, and medium width (I go down a size but thats because I've a narrow foot)

I Like Steve Madden heels, they're well made and always consistent sized across the styles.

NZ, 

I have many Steve Madden, Madden Girl, and Freebird heels. Only about 70% of their shoes fit. I have a large girth toe box, both wide AND tall. At the same time I have a narrow heel.

My large girth toe box meant I would have to get a size or two large men's shoes and 4W wide. Thus my heel just swam in shoes and I could never plant, pivot, etc. correctly. Results: 100's of sprained ankles and 3 major ankle reconstructions. No ankle problems since I switch to women's shoes in 2011

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cali said:

NZ, 

I have many Steve Madden, Madden Girl, and Freebird heels. Only about 70% of their shoes fit. I have a large girth toe box, both wide AND tall. At the same time I have a narrow heel.

My large girth toe box meant I would have to get a size or two large men's shoes and 4W wide. Thus my heel just swam in shoes and I could never plant, pivot, etc. correctly. Results: 100's of sprained ankles and 3 major ankle reconstructions. No ankle problems since I switch to women's shoes in 2011

First time i ever heard of advantage or necessity to wear woman shoes. How do running shoes work for you? 

Think i have sudden plantar fasciitis recent ankle problem difficult to walk, didn't sprain it nor injury myself doing anything other than standing for long time in male sneakers. 

With your large girth toe box how can you wear narrow womens shoes even heels?

15 hours ago, Cali said:

Just order these Steve Madden's on clearance. I hope they fit.

·         5 inch heel height

·         1 inch platform

STEVEMADDEN-DRESS_GRETCHEN_BLACK-SUEDE_SIDE1.jpg

Love these heels, Cali. They look wonderful. I have a similar pair, but in denim blue and a slightly higher heel and platform: see here: http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/navy-denim-knotted-platform-heels-_366158541?isRecent=true   will try post pics too. 

Cant wait to see you in these!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

These look very sexy. How high are they? 

Yes that's mostly why I couldn't resist :) 14 cm heel and 3 cm platform so rise is about 11 cm.

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

First time i ever heard of advantage or necessity to wear woman shoes. How do running shoes work for you? 

Think i have sudden plantar fasciitis recent ankle problem difficult to walk, didn't sprain it nor injury myself doing anything other than standing for long time in male sneakers. 

With your large girth toe box how can you wear narrow womens shoes even heels?

After my third ankle reconstruction I started researching male running shoes with narrow heels.  They don't make them. I found out that "men's shoes are make in a rectangular shape toe about as wide as heels, women's shoes are wider at the toe and narrow at the heel. So I got a clearance pair of women's New Balance and they fit better that any male running shoe. Haven't bought men's shoes since.  Part of my girth is a high arch and a high heel absorbs some of that. I also have better balance as a result.

Edited by Cali

Yes we can, only problem is girls don't enjoy or care for us to wear them, heels or tight jeans  even pantyhose and skirt no matter or very least accept it without bemused grin or giggle or cackle roaring laugh. Call it envy, jealousy but i find most woman are conditioned to respond in negative manner at least some to regards of our fashion style.

Heels look sexy no matter who wears them yet to bad some can't get over the fact men wearing them. Struggle we face..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Got them, tried and wow <3 I love the arch, the style, the look and useability :)

20170805_212100.jpg

Oh my! These are absolutely stunning!! What a great purchase!
I am convinced you will have loads of fun wearing these!!

• Like 1

swedeheeler: Good going on your new purchase.  Your lucky in as much as I can not wear straps or open toe. Lost two (2) toes on my left foot

on July 27, 1990.  So I am limited to the kind of shoes I wear.  Do you wear your heels in public ? Let us know.   spikesmike

DSCF5272.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spikesmike said:

swedeheeler: Good going on your new purchase.  Your lucky in as much as I can not wear straps or open toe. Lost two (2) toes on my left foot

on July 27, 1990.  So I am limited to the kind of shoes I wear.  Do you wear your heels in public ? Let us know.   spikesmike

DSCF5272.JPG

Hi.

Thank you :)

Yes it makes the selection narrower, but what i use to say: Do not see the limits, see the possibilites. You are showing up one heck of a great image there, makes me jealous :)

On the other side. I'm running short on big sizings, but that makes my bank account happier ;)

I do not wear in public, not in the closest surroundings by 150 km at least. Too shy for that ;)

Edited by swedeheeler

20 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Oh my! These are absolutely stunning!! What a great purchase!
I am convinced you will have loads of fun wearing these!!

Thank you :) yes I'm very satisfied :) and yes there'll be loads of fun :biggrin:

3 hours ago, spikesmike said:

DSCF5272.JPG

Ok, have to ask, how did you lose the toes.

• Like 2

JKrenzer:  I was mowing the grass in my back yard, next to my pond. It had rained the day before and the grass

was slippery. I lost my footing on the slope at the pond. My foot went under the mower and the blades did the

rest. Not bad considering I only lost the two (2) toes. The toes have not grown back yet. All of this on July 28, 1990.

I have never had a problem walking in flats or high heels. However, I can stand in my ballets, but not walk.

spikesmike

DSCF5236 (1).JPG

• Like 1

Michael Kors Susan Flex pump. Leather upper with rubber sole/heel tip. So far comfortable and quiet. These might be my practical go to shoes for a bit as with 'feels like' temps over 100, boots are getting a bit warm.

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

• Like 8

(formerly known as "JimC")