Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Hi all.

In the summer I mostly wear high heel sandals with shorts to work. 90% wedges, 10% CFMs. But I thinking of wearing a pair of booties with my shorts. I will have a pair of very short socks that will not come above the booties' shafts. Has anybody tried this look or have an opinion on this "look"?

7 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Blacksheep : Exceptionally nice pumps. Nothing is more classy than black patent leather pumps. Also, they go with anything.

As you can see, I have and wear and love my own pumps.    spikesmike

DSCF4023.old.JPG

Lovely pumps. I love the play of demure rounded toe (typical of a youthful innocent ballet flat or mary-jane) paired with a fierce stiletto heel !

Standing on a table top in heels and a skirt. Now that's a bold move!

I've been there a few times too - but if you have to step off quickly because you trip or worse the table tips... then you've got to land in heels from an awkward starting position.... I'd hate for you to break anything (bones or heels equally tragic)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cali said:

Hi all.

In the summer I mostly wear high heel sandals with shorts to work. 90% wedges, 10% CFMs. But I thinking of wearing a pair of booties with my shorts. I will have a pair of very short socks that will not come above the booties' shafts. Has anybody tried this look or have an opinion on this "look"?

Hi Cali - what style is CFM ?

Forgive me - its not a term I'm familiar with way down yonder here in NZ .

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

Heh, heh, I think what he meant to say is "stiletto."

Hi,

yes another kind member has messaged me and told me the origins of CFM - we don't use this expression down here, but I am enlightened and wiser now...

13 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Blacksheep : Exceptionally nice pumps. Nothing is more classy than black patent leather pumps. Also, they go with anything.

DSCF4023.old.JPG

Very nice!!i love round caps 

5 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi Cali - what style is CFM ?

Forgive me - its not a term I'm familiar with way down yonder here in NZ .

Sorry, been off at work. Here's some examples of my CFM's: the Steve Madden Dreamgrl and the Bamboo t-strap. I had never heard the term until one day a work a woman told me that I had CFMs on.

SM Dreamgrl.jpg

bamboo perforated t-strap platform 01.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cali said:

Sorry, been off at work. Here's some examples of my CFM's: the Steve Madden Dreamgrl and the Bamboo t-strap. I had never heard the term until one day a work a woman told me that I had CFMs on.

SM Dreamgrl.jpg

bamboo perforated t-strap platform 01.jpg

I wouldn't think you could get very many CFM out of those shoes. I think you'd need something more like this: :confused:IMG_8408.thumb.PNG.24fa396bdae3e6222bd1f6206be7b875.PNG

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I wouldn't think you could get very many CFM out of those shoes. I think you'd need something more like this: :confused:IMG_8408.thumb.PNG.24fa396bdae3e6222bd1f6206be7b875.PNG

Ha ha!  For one minute, Mlroseplant, I thought you had treated us to another view of the fascinating plumbing in your basement.   But it's far too clean and tidy for that!

WE do use the CFM term in the UK in the sense Cali suggested.   But I always think it is derogatory and does shoe lovers no favours; sexy shoes do not automatically imply a desire for or offer of sex.   As an aside, the term 'pumps' is not generally applied to footwear in the UK; the usual term for a closed slip-on shoe with a heel is a 'court'.   That said, some folks call gym shoes (plimsolls) 'pumps', especially in the north of England, and the term can also be used to describe a light flat shoe for dancing. 

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Ha ha!  For one minute, Mlroseplant, I thought you had treated us to another view of the fascinating plumbing in your basement.   But it's far too clean and tidy for that!

WE do use the CFM term in the UK in the sense Cali suggested.   But I always think it is derogatory and does shoe lovers no favours; sexy shoes do not automatically imply a desire for or offer of sex.   As an aside, the term 'pumps' is not generally applied to footwear in the UK; the usual term for a closed slip-on shoe with a heel is a 'court'.   That said, some folks call gym shoes (plimsolls) 'pumps', especially in the north of England, and the term can also be used to describe a light flat shoe for dancing. 

Ah yes, The CFM Heel - - - AKA  Hooker heels, Stripper Heels, slut pumps and Booty Wedges. Not to be left out are the Bitch boots.

All terms referring to any elevated heels moderate conservative women would ''never wear" beyond kitten heels---------at least in these parts.

Any non-professional wearing such horridly high heels is just a loose liberal.

• Like 1

I think most all of mine and my GF's are CFM's and are worn out in public  the usual comment is how do you walk in those shoes? To which my reply is with my feet! 

Women tell me things all the time.That day I had my T-strap Bamboos on and a woman came up to me and told me "You know women sometimes call those shoes CFM's". "CFM's?" Then she told what the acronym stood for. I been using that term ever since because it makes me laugh. I too get the comment "how do you walk in those shoes?" all the time. I have various answers depending if I know the person or not. Sometimes I just say "with style".

Today a woman at work waited for me then told me she just had to tell me she loved my heels. I thanked her and laughed because I had been doing some athletic activity and just put on my run around shoes on - Steve Madden wedge Mules, on the way to a pedicure.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Just so everyone understands my feeble attempt at humor, the term "CFM" rightfully and normally would be interpreted as "Cubic Feet per Minute," in the U.S. This could describe the size and maximum performance of the above-pictured pump. I didn't just suddenly want to post pictures of plumbing. I really was trying to be funny. 

• Like 1

I apologize for completely derailing this thread, so I'll try to make up for it by posting actual new shoes. 

These are my first ever brightly colored shoes, and I have actually worn them out a couple of times, with really no more reaction than usual. They are BCBG, I don't know exactly what style line or model they are, but it's not the super cheap line, because they're made in Brazil, not China. 

They have a 4 1/2 inch heel, with a 3/4 inch platform. The heel is slimmer, but not a stiletto, obviously. There is a bamboo weave type detail on the heel and the platform, and it is actually textured, not just printed.

Comfort-wise, they're not too bad. They are just a little tight on my small toes, but that is already getting noticeably better with just a few wearings. I don't know how I can fit the term "Cubic Feet per Minute" in here for one last little chuckle, but in my opinion, these are definitely not CFM shoes. Except for the color, there is not anything particularly interesting about them. They're just rather nice looking, I think. 

IMG_8414.JPG

IMG_8415.JPG

• Like 1

Well - welcome to the world of colour! Thats what I really like about high heels - the variety of styles AND colours.

Once you've worn red a bit I'm sure you'll appreciate the 'feel good' factor that red shoes will give you. The red colour can literally brighten a dull day, and make us feel better about ourselves, or a little more confident.

The look well made, with good quality uppers.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, spikesmike said:

DSCF4023.old.JPG

Looks great with the jeans skirt!!

And that looks like a wonderful yard!

CFM....   Other than mlroseplant's definition, I am not familiar with the term CFM...  I guess I'm just L7......  ha ha    sf

Edited by SF
typo

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

4 hours ago, SF said:

Steve.......   ha ha, thanks.....   golly gee willikers........   sf

I understand 'CFM' but not 'golly gee willikers'.   (Sounds like a medical problem? :oops:)

My wife has had a change of heart and has accepted my desire to wear heels with the condition that the very feminine styles stay in the home and no venturing out side. I do wear my 4" heeled Musse & Cloud boots where ever I want, my friends have seen them and think I and nuts! I even wear them calling on customers. I get a few looks from them and an occasional comment, nothing negative, usually more confused wondering why I would wear something like that! I just laugh them off and offer to find them a pair.

TMB06700_1024x1024.jpg?v=1494052028

Anyway I ran across these heels and had to have them, with my wife's blessing. I have a weak spot for sexy black pumps, with or without a platform! I love the straight, slender heel on these.

For some reason the heel shape is one thing that draws my eye. They have to have the correct taper, the contour where the heel meets the body of the shoe and even having the heel to far forward or backward ruins it, although a heel mounted rearward with everything else correct I do like, but I have not seen many styles that catch my eye. I am looking for a style similar to this with a hidden platform too.

ZVC303_OUT_LG.jpg

They are better looking in person, full leather, soles too. Amazon had them for under $40 so they were a steal. Vince Camuto Niomi.

My left foot is about 1/2 size larger than my right so no mater what I buy I have that battle. Leather I can buy to fit my right foot and stretch the left to fit. When I first got them the left was almost unbearable, but with wearing them a few minutes at a time and wetting the leather the left shoe is getting close to fitting decent. The right one fits like a dream.

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 2

@Pumped - so happy that your wife has come around to your heeling. Agreeably, hard that its inly at home, but have even some level of acceptance is a big thing. And maybe down the road she will be comfortable with more.

I really love the pump you pasted here - what a sexy look. You are right, the stiletto has the perfect look. I didn't understand though if you bought them already? at $40, that's a great price!  Do you have a link, by any chance?

I just found them on Amazon. They look great. If anyone wants the link: https://www.amazon.com/Vince-Camuto-Womens-Niomi-Platform/dp/B00R35W2CY?th=1&psc=1

They still have the 10 - I wonder if I can squeeze into them... I like a good solid feel of heels on my feet, so it will probably be OK. You took the black ones? I am thinking of those too!

They are really well priced - leather heels for under $40 - that's  a steal!! 

Edited by jeremy1986

They do run a bit on the small side, if a woman's 10 is generally too tight, I would pass. I wear a 8-1/2 to 9 men's, I can normally wear a woman's 10, these were tight on me, but stretching nicely.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pumped said:

Oops! Vince Camuto Niomi. Violated my own rule about posting the style name!

I kind of idly wondered. They look an awful lot like some Nine West pumps I've got, which they no longer make (Bellafina). I thought at first you had found a fresh supply somewhere, but alas, no. They are very nice looking, though!

I do wear my 4" heeled Musse & Cloud boots where ever I want, my friends have seen them and think I and nuts!

Pumped....   Your earlier comment made me smile!  I wear heels and most of my friends thnkm I'm "nuts" too.  ha ha

But they still accept me, and that's the best part....    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"