Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 2017-06-23 at 4:01 PM, luketheduke8 said:

just got these at a steal of a price new!!!

s-l1600.jpg

Those look great!  Red shoes like these are on my wishlist as well!

Edited by Mr. X

On 6/23/2017 at 0:44 PM, Cali said:

After my last ankle reconstruction, I started to search for shoes that would fit better. I came to the conclusion:

shoes are made in basically two different shapes (1) the rectangle (2) pear.

The rectangle shape is were the toe box and the heel box are the same width. Getting it wider is more uniform.  This is the typical male foot/shoe.

The pear shape is where the toe box is wider than the heel. This is the typical female foot/shoe.

I have a wide and tall toe box and narrow heel. Tall because I have a high arch, so the girth of my toe box is large compared to my heel.

I use to wear men's US 9 1/2 4E shoes just to get my foot into the shoe. Then I couldn't tie them tight enough to keep my heels from sliding around. I hated shoes and shoe shopping. I haven't worn male shoes for years now.

I now wear women's US 10 normal. My toe box is too wide for some shoes and I haven't found a pump that I can wear without pain tall toe box. Heels also help normalize my high arch and give me better balance. I now love shoes, shoe shopping, etc. 

RonC to help with your wide foot, look for lace-ups. 

I hear you on the lace-ups.  They do offer a better fit.  Unfortunately, I also find them less than attractive in my eye.  Haven't bought a pair yet, though I have come close a few times after trying them on and feeling the fit.  One of these days I will give them a try.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RonC said:

I hear you on the lace-ups.  They do offer a better fit.  Unfortunately, I also find them less than attractive in my eye.  Haven't bought a pair yet, though I have come close a few times after trying them on and feeling the fit.  One of these days I will give them a try.

There are many attractive lace-ups out there. Having a large girth toe box limits the shoes I can wear. For example, I haven't found a pump I can put my foot in and walk without pain and i have tried hundreds.

SM dreamgrlhh.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cali said:

There are many attractive lace-ups out there. Having a large girth toe box limits the shoes I can wear. For example, I haven't found a pump I can put my foot in and walk without pain and i have tried hundreds.

SM dreamgrlhh.JPG

What is the length of your heels? Want to buy similar looking sandal platforms online worried the sizing might be too small. Would my toes push forward off the toe box afraid the length might be cm to short. Normally in men's i take size 9.5 US approximately 26.7cm length sometimes go to size 10US for more loose fit. Had bad luck buying female sizes in 42 EURO which translated to 11 US and as you said toe box was painful to even put on. 

Your sandals pictured seem to fit really well maybe even large seeing your toes not close to the edge. My worry is buying 5.5" heel 1.5" platform might push my toes over the edge appearing way to large for the shoe. Have any experience or suggestions will my toes naturally push forward seeing the heels are held in by the ankle strap and front fabric material across the toes?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

What is the length of your heels? Want to buy similar looking sandal platforms online worried the sizing might be too small. Would my toes push forward off the toe box afraid the length might be cm to short. Normally in men's i take size 9.5 US approximately 26.7cm length sometimes go to size 10US for more loose fit. Had bad luck buying female sizes in 42 EURO which translated to 11 US and as you said toe box was painful to even put on. 

Your sandals pictured seem to fit really well maybe even large seeing your toes not close to the edge. My worry is buying 5.5" heel 1.5" platform might push my toes over the edge appearing way to large for the shoe. Have any experience or suggestions will my toes naturally push forward seeing the heels are held in by the ankle strap and front fabric material across the toes?

I have the exact same length as you - 26.7. I would usually need a US11, though sometimes a 10 is adequate. in Euro, its around a 42-43. with me its less of a length issue, and more about width in the lower end of the foot, and where the exact location of the straps is at the front. 

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I have the exact same length as you - 26.7. I would usually need a US11, though sometimes a 10 is adequate. in Euro, its around a 42-43. with me its less of a length issue, and more about width in the lower end of the foot, and where the exact location of the straps is at the front. 

Thanks but i have Haglund’s deformity or some call pump bump in my right foot which extends the length at least half size.  Do only buy shoes in one size so i sometimes buy half size larger then i need only because of tightness of one foot.

Anyway thought buying platform heel sandal similar to the link i'm attaching. Anyone know if wedges styled like the ones shown are fitted well to the foot or does your feet move around in the vamp. Seeing the video of her toes and they go extend over the edge is that normal or sizing to small. Just worried if i buy similar heels like the one in the video it would difficult to walk or stay on my foot. 

https://youtu.be/P6gOF3CumnE

Here's the info on the heels in the picture above.

They are Steve Madden Dreamgrl, bought them last year, or the year before. I can't remember how much. 

Below is some info on them that I found.

===

Details & Care

A chunky, stacked platform and sky-high heel ground an ultrachic lace-up sandal.

• 5 1/2" heel; 1 1/2" platform (size 8.5).
  • 4" shaft.
  • Back zip closure.
  • Leather upper/synthetic lining and sole.
  • By Steve Madden; imported.

===

I can last about 12 - 14 hours in them,

These are US women's 10 M; my normal size.

I just measured mine (picture's tomorrow) 6" heel, 2" platform size 10

My feet are US men's 8.5 and 8 (yes 1/2 size difference) my right foot is 1/2 shorted, wider and taller. but in order to get my foot into a men's shoe I needed at least a 9.5 4E. Then my ankles had about an inch play.  I also have narrow heels and high arches. Not your average foot

Hope that helps.....and this gives my next new thread "Loving My Lace-ups"........Lace-up stories.

• Like 1

Thanks Cali, Steve Madden  often come as high 10.5 US size if your lucky.  Like the shoes wooden heel is something i've looked upon with the type i want to buy. Only problem is 10.5 US might be size to small or half size. It would look bad or uncomfortable walking around with my toes hanging off the vamp. Only thing holding me in is slight fabric around the toes and ankle straps just as my video earlier shown with lady in wedge heel. 

Watched this video of shorter heel i would want same design yet higher heel additional platform.  Looks uncomfortable seeing her strides and foot seems loose in the mid sole slapping the footbed vamp at every stride. Don't know but to me it looks painful to walk in and very least blisters will form on the mid foot.

http://video.asos-media.com/products/ASOS/_media_/945/9453b27c-4a01-49a5-98bc-b335ec030857.mp4

Edited by MackyHeels

35 minutes ago, MackyHeels said:

Thanks Cali, Steve Madden  often come as high 10.5 US size if your lucky.  Like the shoes wooden heel is something i've looked upon with the type i want to buy. Only problem is 10.5 US might be size to small or half size. It would look bad or uncomfortable walking around with my toes hanging off the vamp. Only thing holding me in is slight fabric around the toes and ankle straps just as my video earlier shown with lady in wedge heel. 

Steve Madden goes up to size 11 and so do the lower end Madden Girl and the high end FreeBird line.

http://www.stevemadden.com/thumbnail/WOMENS/Shop-by-Size/pc/2163/2220.uts?parentCategoryId=2163&type=thumbnail&selectRefines=grp%3ASize|tx%3A11%2Cic%3A%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%2Csl%3At%2Cds%3Af&availRefines=Size|5^5.5^6^6.5^7^7.5^8^8.5^9^9.5^10^SMALL^MED^LARGE^10.0^11.0^5.0^6.0^7.0^8.0^9.0^ONESZ&mode=viewone

38 minutes ago, MackyHeels said:

Watched this video of shorter heel i would want same design yet higher heel additional platform.  Looks uncomfortable seeing her strides and foot seems loose in the mid sole slapping the footbed vamp at every stride. Don't know but to me it looks painful to walk in and very least blisters will form on the mid foot.

http://video.asos-media.com/products/ASOS/_media_/945/9453b27c-4a01-49a5-98bc-b335ec030857.mp4

To me this is a ill fitting shoe for her. She does not have enough of an arch for this heel and has to walk on her toes.

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Steve Madden goes up to size 11

Unfortunately when selected size 11 it returned "No items found." :sad:

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have several pair of Steve Madden, including the Saige stilettos I'm wearing now that fit fine. I am a men's 9 to 9.5 yet about half of the Steve Madden styles I wear are in fact a women's size 10. They are not overly consistent with the sizing so you really should try on this brand every time. Love them when they fit.

4 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Unfortunately when selected size 11 it returned "No items found." :sad:

:wavey:

Try again. I just went there and it told me 288 items. Here's on that you might like, size 11, in black (pink sold out - sorry), called "STUDIO". I like this myself, so next time I go to the mall I will go try this on at the steve madden store.

With an extra-thick platform sole, sky-high heel and flirty peep-toe, STUDIO is full of girly-glam attitude!  Style this statement sandal with ’70s-inspired getups to evoke the chicest divas of decades past!

• Suede upper material
  • Man-made lining
  • Man-made sole
  • 5.5 inch heel height
  • 1.25 inch platform
  • Block heel
  • Peep toe

STEVEMADDEN-DRESS_STUDIO_BLACK-SUEDE_SIDE?$MR%2DZOOM$&id=OSgr-3&rgn=-128,0,3258,3000&scl=7.159904534606206

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 2:13 PM, Cali said:

Try again. I just went there and it told me 288 items. Here's on that you might like, size 11, in black (pink sold out - sorry), called "STUDIO". I like this myself, so next time I go to the mall I will go try this on at the steve madden store.

With an extra-thick platform sole, sky-high heel and flirty peep-toe, STUDIO is full of girly-glam attitude!  Style this statement sandal with ’70s-inspired getups to evoke the chicest divas of decades past!

• Suede upper material
  • Man-made lining
  • Man-made sole
  • 5.5 inch heel height
  • 1.25 inch platform
  • Block heel
  • Peep toe

STEVEMADDEN-DRESS_STUDIO_BLACK-SUEDE_SIDE?$MR%2DZOOM$&id=OSgr-3&rgn=-128,0,3258,3000&scl=7.159904534606206

Personally, I'd be happier with no items found than with this pair....just not my style ...lol.

4 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

To each their own, but agree the 70's was the worst decade in the last century bar none and these are too reminiscent for me too. 

My sentiments precisely.   Unfortunately, ugly platform shoes aside, there are signs that the present decade is beginning to compete - so many obese people of both sexes with disfiguring tattoos and piercings and a generally sloppy attitude to what they wear.   (I've just returned from a very pleasant holiday in Spain - only marred by much of the 'human scenery' around me.)

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

My sentiments precisely.   Unfortunately, ugly platform shoes aside, there are signs that the present decade is beginning to compete - so many obese people of both sexes with disfiguring tattoos and piercings and a generally sloppy attitude to what they wear.   (I've just returned from a very pleasant holiday in Spain - only marred by much of the 'human scenery' around me.)

Not sure how to take this ? Do you just hate obese people in Spain or all obese people ? So far as the 70s welcome back ! That is about the time I got into high heels and yes they were funky chunky heels I hope this trend continues cause I for one am not looking for the day we all have to wear those gaudy Cruella Deville pointy toed single soled pumps that have been around since original sin . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maninpumps said:

yes they were funky chunky heels I hope this trend continues cause I for one am not looking for the day we all have to wear those gaudy Cruella Deville pointy toed single soled pumps that have been around since original sin .

I agree, can't get my feet into those pointed toe shoes.  Besides I can feel every stone under single sole shoes.; Can't understand "flats". Maybe I'm just a tender-footed guy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maninpumps said:

Not sure how to take this ? Do you just hate obese people in Spain or all obese people ? So far as the 70s welcome back ! That is about the time I got into high heels and yes they were funky chunky heels I hope this trend continues cause I for one am not looking for the day we all have to wear those gaudy Cruella Deville pointy toed single soled pumps that have been around since original sin . 

I should have said more.   My holiday in a Spanish resort was amongst a largely British crowd, nice enough people generally but whose generally skimpy hot-weather clothing (on the beach or in the street) revealed some pretty unpleasant, and sometimes downright ugly, bodies, especially when 'embellished'.   I don't 'hate' my countrymen (obese or not) but was certainly not proud of their appearance, and it is a trend which is growing.   (The local Spanish people were noticeably smarter and, despite their often shorter and wider stature, not so obviously obese; the Mediterranean diet has its advantages.)   

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 3:49 AM, Cali said:

Steve Madden goes up to size 11 and so do the lower end Madden Girl and the high end FreeBird line.

http://www.stevemadden.com/thumbnail/WOMENS/Shop-by-Size/pc/2163/2220.uts?parentCategoryId=2163&type=thumbnail&selectRefines=grp%3ASize|tx%3A11%2Cic%3A%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%2Csl%3At%2Cds%3Af&availRefines=Size|5^5.5^6^6.5^7^7.5^8^8.5^9^9.5^10^SMALL^MED^LARGE^10.0^11.0^5.0^6.0^7.0^8.0^9.0^ONESZ&mode=viewone

To me this is a ill fitting shoe for her. She does not have enough of an arch for this heel and has to walk on her toes.

Thanks for all the comments. 

What i like to buy are these only worried that size 10.5US might fit to small for my 9.5 US foot size.

xohwr1-l-610x610-shoes-high+heels-blue+h

Does anyone have experience wearing similar heel sandals. To me if they are on the small size the front strap made of denim might blister my front foot to keep from moving around.. Also design of the sandal looks flimsy to wear properly foot may slide to much? Any suggestions ideas of this type of sandal platform?

Although do like the Michael Kors style better platform sandal like this. Just wished it came a size i could squeeze into and it wasn't sold out. 

image.jpeg

Closest option as Michael kors is this but the clunkier heel is not to my liking have booties similar block heel._101086436.jpg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&fo

Another one i likes but sold out just my luck.

NMX1Z0B_mu.jpg

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Closest option as Michael kors is this but the clunkier heel is not to my liking have booties similar block heel._101086436.jpg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&fo

I bought a pair of these Michael Kors heels in tan leather because of their amazing appearance, but I was very disappointed. In my usual US Women's size 11, they were very tight to zip up the front, and the heel was too high and precarious for me. I could not walk gracefully in them at all so I returned them for a refund.

• Like 3

Just received these red slingbacks by courier today! I had no idea ! Its so exciting! Thought I should put a photo up before I cook dinner

I think they'll fit - I really like them, and I love reds, and they're my size, so I'll have to try them on and see how they look.

(I also thought I'd show off my laptop desktop background!)

img_z05.thumb.jpg.1ef19ca20fb048d70689f8fc11fcf6e4.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nzfreestyler said:

Just received these red slingbacks by courier today! I had no idea ! Its so exciting! Thought I should put a photo up before I cook dinner

I think they'll fit - I really like them, and I love reds, and they're my size, so I'll have to try them on and see how they look.

(I also thought I'd show off my laptop desktop background!)

img_z05.thumb.jpg.1ef19ca20fb048d70689f8fc11fcf6e4.jpg

They look great!   Did someone buy them for you, that you had no idea?

Here is my delivery, that just arrived today!

There is another pair as well, but starting with this one.  Platform heels from New Look. 5" heel contrast heel, with a 1" platform. Wide fit, so can squeeze into a UK 8!

large.20170706_003951.jpg.d5982398e4d742b52e7c68b10c3266ce.jpg

• Like 3