Who has bought some new shoes

gj

14 hours ago, tina said:

my 3 inch mary jane heeled tap shoes

20170602_194136.jpg

How many folks here have commented that they love the clicking sound of their heels?  These shoes give that concept a whole new context. :thumbsup:

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

When I got my first heels, BareTraps with 1 1/2 inch heels I hated the click. I felt it was pointing out I had heels on. Not that I wear 4 + inch heels and it is obvious I have high heels on I enjoy the click, the "power click". Even some high end men's shoes now have that "power click" for that executive touch.

My Charles by Charles David  Apollo came yesterday, haven't taken them out of the box yet. :)

I just received new heels. They feel just fantastic, I love them. The heel is about 4 inches and it seems to be maximum for me. Last heels I bought were said to be with 10 cm heels but I noticed that in fact they are about 12 cm or 5 inches. It's too much for me.

1.PNG

• Like 2

Hi All,

I have ordered the "Ericka" platform sandal from ShoesUsa in the San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles, California. This company specializes in custom-made footwear made in the United States. The shoes will cost $229 and shipping is free. This is about putting one's money where their mouth is. SUre, it costs more but that's because they are made in a country with labour and environmental standards which matter. I know we all have some cheap Chinese heels in our closet but everyone of us should commit to buying at least one pair from this company. They are custom made and they go to the larger sizes often needed by men. Mine will be in size 11 which is my optimal size.  I wanted something really edgy to wear with a party dress or skirt if a great event comes up.This company has an excellent track record. SHould take about 14 days. I'll try to post a photo of them (on my feet) when they arrive.  HappyinHeels

p-11509-ericka250_black_leather.jpg.29113cf522787a0571c51ea509c24564.jpg

• Like 1

I do like your selection, and I applaud your effort to buy American.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you in this effort. One pair of heels is equivalent to groceries, gas, meds, and other required purchases for 2-1/2 to 3 weeks.

I'm done ranting - - - been a bad week.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Hi All,

I have ordered the "Ericka" platform sandal from ShoesUsa in the San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles, California. This company specializes in custom-made footwear made in the United States. The shoes will cost $229 and shipping is free. This is about putting one's money where their mouth is. SUre, it costs more but that's because they are made in a country with labour and environmental standards which matter. I know we all have some cheap Chinese heels in our closet but everyone of us should commit to buying at least one pair from this company. They are custom made and they go to the larger sizes often needed by men. Mine will be in size 11 which is my optimal size.  I wanted something really edgy to wear with a party dress or skirt if a great event comes up.This company has an excellent track record. SHould take about 14 days. I'll try to post a photo of them (on my feet) when they arrive.  HappyinHeels

They look great, but would break my bank too

My third pair of heels, ever :-)

Just got these suede Tamaris model 24405, 3" heel I assume.

Have to start somewhere, these got ravishing reviews. They are, but I need a cane now in the beginning...

_DSC3958 copy.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OldMountain said:

but I need a cane now in the beginning...

The shoes look great.  They look like they should provide you with a stable platform for your feet.  Remember heeling is supposed to be fun and not hurtful. Take it easy and stay away from stilettos.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I was looking around online and I came across these. I was hesitant at first to get them due to the pointed toe but due to the price (113 down from 205 including shipping) and I liked the look of them... I decided to stuff it and buy them ...

I hope my toes arnt to squished in these 

IMG_0012.PNG

IMG_0013.PNG

• Like 1

This is my Art Salzburg 417 in Moka

These are seriously comfortable shoes, even with a modest 7cm/ 3" inch heels, you can hardly get any better of this type.

These raises the question, why do men still wear bad looking loafers only?

I have tried so many different pairs through the last 50 years. Aside from some sneakers/trainers, these Art Salzburg are the beste shoes I have ever stepped into.

Size is  41 / 7. These retails for 90 quid.

_DSC3965 copy.jpg

_DSC3960 copy.jpg

New sandals for summer!!!!   I have been looking for a pair of basic, simple ankle strap sandals for some time.  Finally the fashion gods have come my way in abundance!  Over the past several months I have obtained two pairs of really nice, comfortable ankle strap sandals.  One pair, called Paige, is from Payless Shoes, size 11W.  The other pair, Fields is from Nine West, size12.  Both are a similar style, except for the heel.  Paige is a wedgie style and Fields has a chunkier block heel.  The heels are slightly higher than 2 inches and very stable to walk in.   I have worn both pair out several times and they are wonderful.  I wrote reviews on both styles (Zappos and Payless) and they were published.  

Both styles are still available - up to size 12 and 13 - for those who may be interested.  Here are the pics, have fun all.....   sf

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

For the sake of completness, here is my daily shoewear, my Camper "high-heel" pumps.

Relatively new, started to use them only a month ago. This migh be the only you will se of my feet :-)

You see that right one, in the very ankle, is swollen and not pretty. Thats the illness dystonia.... I can hardly walk on that foot....

Comments on these Camper, ya agree these also are very comfy, almost as the Art Salzburg??

_DSC3974 copy.jpg

Edited by OldMountain
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 2:56 PM, Tim0576 said:

I just received new heels. They feel just fantastic, I love them. The heel is about 4 inches and it seems to be maximum for me. Last heels I bought were said to be with 10 cm heels but I noticed that in fact they are about 12 cm or 5 inches. It's too much for me.

1.PNG

Nice classic pumps style - and one can never go wrong with black patent!

RonC,       The industry standard is to photograph and describe shoes using a size 8-8.5US ladies as that is the median size in the United States. I have noticed a gain of about 0.5-0.75" from this size to my optimal size 11. The gain in height in size 12 and 13 must be very close to the one inch you described. This is a normal part of the manufacturing process to keep the shoe slope consistent through the sizes. Just use some gel pad inserts to keep your foot from sliding forward which will add comfort and add stability. Live a little ago rock those 5" heels!   HappyinHeels

• Like 2

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight!!

Oh yes y all know the words. My dream is once get rid of that dystonia and walk these shoes I got last day:

_DSC3984 copy.jpg

Edited by OldMountain
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, Thighbootguy said:

How many folks here have commented that they love the clicking sound of their heels?  These shoes give that concept a whole new context. :thumbsup:

:wavey:The clicking of heels is the best!  And these shoes are super cute!

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, bnchmrk said:

These showed up a couple of weeks ago...never thought to post these colorful babies until now. I know they are not most peoples taste but I like them and thats all that matters.:cool:

20170526_151306~2.jpg

20170526_151005~2.jpg

Lovely shoes!  Both are my style!

This gold pair showed up today. Liked them so much that I went and ordered the purple metallic ones too. My wifes gold chrome ones look great but sorry I have no pictures.

20170622_150405~2~2.jpg

20170622_150426~2.jpg

shoes-heels-mon1-juliana-91-purple_3.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 10:16 PM, HappyinHeels said:

RonC,       The industry standard is to photograph and describe shoes using a size 8-8.5US ladies as that is the median size in the United States. I have noticed a gain of about 0.5-0.75" from this size to my optimal size 11. The gain in height in size 12 and 13 must be very close to the one inch you described. This is a normal part of the manufacturing process to keep the shoe slope consistent through the sizes. Just use some gel pad inserts to keep your foot from sliding forward which will add comfort and add stability. Live a little ago rock those 5" heels!   HappyinHeels

Happy, actually that was Tim0578 that made that comment - I just added that I liked his choice in heels.  I am with him though.  4" is my limit of comfort.  I've tried the gel pads.  Problem is most shoes are not really wide enough for my feet - so putting a pad in the toe box just takes up too much space, so they end up being very uncomfortable.  Ho the woes of cramming a rather wide male foot into a shoe designed for the narrower, more delicate female foot!  Boo hoo....lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RonC said:

Happy, actually that was Tim0578 that made that comment - I just added that I liked his choice in heels.  I am with him though.  4" is my limit of comfort.  I've tried the gel pads.  Problem is most shoes are not really wide enough for my feet - so putting a pad in the toe box just takes up too much space, so they end up being very uncomfortable.  Oh the woes of cramming a rather wide male foot into a shoe designed for the narrower, more delicate female foot!  Boo hoo....lol

After my last ankle reconstruction, I started to search for shoes that would fit better. I came to the conclusion:

shoes are made in basically two different shapes (1) the rectangle (2) pear.

The rectangle shape is were the toe box and the heel box are the same width. Getting it wider is more uniform.  This is the typical male foot/shoe.

The pear shape is where the toe box is wider than the heel. This is the typical female foot/shoe.

I have a wide and tall toe box and narrow heel. Tall because I have a high arch, so the girth of my toe box is large compared to my heel.

I use to wear men's US 9 1/2 4E shoes just to get my foot into the shoe. Then I couldn't tie them tight enough to keep my heels from sliding around. I hated shoes and shoe shopping. I haven't worn male shoes for years now.

I now wear women's US 10 normal. My toe box is too wide for some shoes and I haven't found a pump that I can wear without pain tall toe box. Heels also help normalize my high arch and give me better balance. I now love shoes, shoe shopping, etc. 

RonC to help with your wide foot, look for lace-ups. 

• Like 1

Luke,

And? Is that all you're going to tell us? Brand and Style? Where you bought it? How it fits and feels? Approximate price? Photo of you wearing it?

You've given us a teaser with no useful information!

Steve

4 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Luke,

And? Is that all you're going to tell us? Brand and Style? Where you bought it? How it fits and feels? Approximate price? Photo of you wearing it?

You've given us a teaser with no useful information!

Steve

Ain't that what a teaser is? ;P

they are sexy a , and they are 5 inches, just waiting for postman pat to bring them

and £11.50 brand, which I feel was a very good price :)

• Like 1

Your a nut, your crazier than a coconut