Who has bought some new shoes

gj

2 hours ago, XtremeHeels said:

The seller is Bittermoon Sexy Fetish High Heels Store. I had to buy them when I saw them and surprisingly enough, the quality isn't too bad!

Thanks, that is quite understandable.

XTremeHeels & xlheel

Yesterday  2-25-2017  Saturday, I received a pair of Oxfords w/ a 7 1/4" heel and 1 3/4" platform. Also, from AliExpress  called  Wonder Heel.

Cost $78.32.  My shoe size is normally  13 US-- 44 EUR. These shoes are a little tight. So at noon today I ordered two (2) more pair in black and

blue. Size 14 US --45 EUR. I am wearing my new shoes now. Tight or not, I can not wait to wear them in public. Note : Cost includes free shipping.

Your oxfords are  HHOOTT. Good thing I am an Oxford lover.  spikesmike

• Like 1

Warm weather is coming and all I can think about are sandals! I had my eye on a couple of them, and it only took an email from Shoebuy.com with a Presidents Day sale of $40 off a purchase of $100 or more. So I took the plunge!

I bought a pair of Naturalizer "Zahn" sandals (peep toe, real leather slingback, with 3.5" block heels) in black. These are at:

http://www.shoebuy.com/naturalizer-zahn-sandal/769096?

Scroll down the page to the reviews. The review by essgkay (that's my initials - SGK - get it?) is posted. Please click on Helpful? Yes. I need more votes.

I also bought a pair of White Mountain brown Siesta sandals (criss cross, faux leather*, platform sandal with 3.5" block heels). These are at:

http://www.shoebuy.com/white-mountain-siesta-sandal/786878

They posted my review of these shoes, too. Scroll down to see it. Please click on Helpful? Yes.

I can only  presume that the more Helpful? Yes votes they get, the more it will convince the suppliers that men are reviewing women's shoes in substantial numbers and maybe they should stock more larger sizes. If you post a review of shoes you bought, and make it known that you are male, I would recommend that you post a notice here so that we can go to your review and give you a positive vote. There's strength in numbers.

*One last comment. How many fauxes are slaughtered each year to get leather for shoes?

:silly:

Steve

Naturalizer Zahn black.jpg

White Mountain Siesta.jpg

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 5

Ordered some heels from Light in the box a site based in China, the first picture is what was advertised, the others are as they arrived. the rear strap is out of alignment with the heel and is too short. A pity as apart from that they are very comfortable, just a bit of quality control and they could have been great.

lofufz1475030988907.jpg

IMG_4058.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

• Like 4

The strap hole reinforcement circles are missing, too, which changes the entire presentation. That's too bad. But at least they fit and you can wear them, so it wasn't money wasted. Good luck with them! Do you plan to wear them in public? If so, be careful where you place your heel; watch for sidewalk cracks, metal sewer gratings, and cobblestones.

Steve

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cgwm said:

Oh.. i just came back after some time.. so many cool things to see :D

Just have some new shoes for myself:

What do you think?

pumps_rot_tights.jpg

Wow! Very bold! Color me impressed!

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

20 hours ago, cgwm said:

What do you think?

pumps_rot_tights.jpg

That is ridiculously SMOKIN HOT!!!!!   

• Like 1

On 2017-03-11 at 11:34 AM, cgwm said:

What do you think?

pumps_rot_tights.jpg

Monotone look is alright. Love the round toe box suede heels. Find contrast works well with fushia tights. 92ae9ec9e99a522957489fa0acc3248b.jpg.57f14714e5eb93e6872647f23dd73731.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/12/2017 at 3:34 AM, cgwm said:

What do you think?

pumps_rot_tights.jpg

WOW, great look, love the tights, love the shoes, love them as a combo.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 2

Regards

James

I am way behind on presenting new shoe purchases. I'll probably just skip over a whole bunch and go right to spring. Here are three new ones, only one of which have I had a real chance to take for a test drive yet. All three purchases are perhaps a little bit over the top in their own way, but also subtle in their own way. Each was bought with the thought of wearing them with skinny jeans or shorts, either one. In any case, I'm ready for spring!

First up are the Aldo mules (model unknown) with a 5 inch stiletto heel and a 1 inch platform. They were a little bit tight at first, but they have stretched out to be just about right in fairly short order. Considering their intrinsic impracticality, they're actually pretty easy to wear. I've not gone for an actual walk in them, but I have worn them to grab something at the grocery store real quick, and some other errands during some of our unseasonably warm weather we had recently.

Next are the Coach "Chelsea" wedge mules in brown with a patchwork gold strap. These are the most conservative of the three, except for the color and the pattern. Sporting a 4 1/2" wedge and a 3/4" platform, they're a little bit different than something I would normally buy. They're a little bit on the low side for me, and the gold patterned strap pushes the envelope of what I've worn in the past, but something about them said, "Buy me! Buy me!" They fit real nice, and I think they look nice on my foot. Time will tell if I wear them much.

Last are the Michael Kors mules (model again unknown). These are made in Italy, and they have these thin, bunched together straps which are kind of fussy when it comes to getting them on. Definitely not a shoe you can just jam your foot into and go. They have a 4 5/8" wooden heel (and I think it's real wood), and a 1" platform. They fit well, but I have some concern that the leather is so soft and the individual straps so thin that they may stretch to the point of being too loose after a time. Also, the "wings" on the insole need to be glued back down. This seems to be a recurring problem with Michael Kors shoes of this basic design. I have had several other pairs over the years, and they have all had this same problem. No big deal.

IMG_7540.JPG

IMG_7541.JPG

IMG_7542.JPG

IMG_7543.JPG

IMG_7544.JPG

IMG_7545.JPG

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

All these are nice but probably deserve a better background !

I have often thought the same thing, but have come to realize that if I took the time and trouble to make everything beautiful, there just wouldn't be any pictures at all. Definitely consider these snapshots and not photographs. At least they're in focus!

Well, apart from providing a decent background for the shoes, I am sure a nicer environment can also improve your well being !

6 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I have often thought the same thing, but have come to realize that if I took the time and trouble to make everything beautiful, there just wouldn't be any pictures at all. Definitely consider these snapshots and not photographs. At least they're in focus!

Yes, but if you think your shoes/boots are beautiful, then photographing them in a nicer setting will help others to share in your enthusiasm.  Shallow depth of field might have helped you there, to blur out the pipework in the background. Just a thought.... And as we all know free advice is worth exactly what you paid for it! :cheeky:

No offence intended but I come to HHP to meet others with the same interest in high heels as myself . Being critical of a picture because the background has pipe in it is just plain silly . The individual has taken the time to share a picture of heels with us and we must be grateful they have taken the time to do so . Frankly , I see nothing wrong with the picture as I only focused on the shoes and nice looking shoes at that. 

I'm not meaning to give offence. I'm a professional photographer and was just offering a simple no-cost idea to improve the shot. 

And as I take care to point out --- free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it! Disregard at will! :cheeky:

Edited by Shyheels

I have been posting pictures of my footwear placed on top of my washing machine for several years now. I had no idea that it caused such controversy! 

Here is my thinking: I get new shoes. I think, "I should post some pictures on HHP! People seem to enjoy that to some degree or other." Usually, it is dark outside when I have time. There is really no suitable place inside my house to take a shoe photograph without going to some deal of trouble. So I plop them on the washing machine, which is very near where I store all of my shoes, snap a couple shots with my iPhone, and upload them. It just so happens that there is a cobweb encrusted pipe behind the washing machine. 

I could go to more trouble, but I know that I won't, to say nothing of the fact that then I'd have to explain to my wife why I am spending a good deal of time photographing my shoes instead of doing something rather more useful. So I have come to accept the fact that it's either the washing machine or nothing.

I am more than somewhat amused by this whole discussion. 

Edited by mlroseplant
Grammar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I am more than somewhat amused by this whole discussion. 

Yes I too ! I am just LOL when reading your comment and amused to have started such a mess !

Well when I said "the shoes deserve a better background", it is mainly because I have trouble connecting the pictures you posted before and this, well, functional, pipework. I mean, not only the shoes deserve a nice background !

Regarding photography art, I would say otherwise: at least by no way this background can steal the show :-) ... wait, does it ?

Regarding avoiding the wife from telling this is too much time spent for a pair of shoe, well again, the pictures are brilliant !

Edited by Gudulitooo

Well, much as I liked to see mlr's shoes, I also studied the pipework, shabby though it may be - and not for the first time!   Some of us have interests that go beyond shoes (or photography) and can appreciate the subtle curves of an elbow or tee in plastic plumbing.   More please!  :roll:

For the fellow enthusiasts, I attach my own contribution featuring 22mm copper and plastic:

Shower upper pipework 1.JPG

• Like 1