Who has bought some new shoes

gj

It's hard to tell from the picture, but could a cobbler (or you) open the toe box area?  I have had some open toe shoes that I didn't care about that were too small in the toe.  I used a dull knife to split the top of the shoe from the sole, where the material comprising the toe box is attached.  There was enough of the toe box material to let me enlarge the toe box and have it hold when I re-glued it.

Another option would be to have a cobbler add some extra material (elastic) on the side if the zipper.

The poor fit is a shame as they are great looking shoes.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 1/31/2017 at 1:53 AM, swedeheeler said:

Got the shoes today but with my eternal luck they were too small :( 

20170130_194457.jpg

From the looks of this picture, I have some hope that you can get those to fit you nicely, provided that the shoes are real leather. If they are not real leather, you might be out of luck.

I have managed to stretch quite a few open toed shoes that fit me about the same as what you show in your picture when I first got them, using a device like this: https://www.amazon.com/Footfitter-Premium-Stretcher-Womens-Large/dp/B00C32K12U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1485911410&sr=8-6&keywords=high+heel+shoe+stretcher Some of them have actually become some of my most comfortable shoes after being stretched in this manner.

While I have not had 100% success using this method, I bet I've had 80% success. The trick is to be patient and stretch them slowly, perhaps for a few days. If you stretch them too quickly, they will just break. Just stretch them gently for a few days--just enough to be able to get them on, wear them for a while, then decide exactly where they are too tight. Then you can use the bunion plug thing-a-ma-jigs to stretch them exactly where you need. Good luck!

Edited by mlroseplant
grammar and clarity

19 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Well. I will work out a solution on my little problem. How it will be solved? No idea, but it will be solved somehow. But it dont takes the chain saw or blow torch to solve it :biggrin:

If the uppers are synthetic (as is likely, probably polyurethane), careful application of gentle heat (hair-dryer) may allow you to increase the width if you can open up the fronts with a wooden wedge or similar (such as the stretcher suggested by mlroseplant).   Good luck!

The other day my wife was checking out one of the sites that I order some of my shoes from. She then asks how come I did not order any for her. So I said to her that I was not sure what she would like but if she wanted to save some on my wishlist to go ahead. Yesterday she asks me if I ordered any of her shoes. When I checked out her list it contained well over 15 pairs! After some time she narrowed it down to one pair for now and a summer dress that she can wear on vacation. With this I saw the "green light" to order myself another pair. Hers are the teal colored ones and mine are the mary janes. Its great fun shoe shopping with my wife and a little extra cost is well worth it!

shoes-heels-ana1-lulli-3bluepu_2~2.jpg

img_9211_2~2.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

The other day my wife was checking out one of the sites that I order some of my shoes from. She then asks how come I did not order any for her. So I said to her that I was not sure what she would like but if she wanted to save some on my wishlist to go ahead. Yesterday she asks me if I ordered any of her shoes. When I checked out her list it contained well over 15 pairs! After some time she narrowed it down to one pair for now and a summer dress that she can wear on vacation. With this I saw the "green light" to order myself another pair. Hers are the teal colored ones and mine are the mary janes. Its great fun shoe shopping with my wife and a little extra cost is well worth it!

img_9211_2~2.jpg

great choice for both of you's there both lovely

• Like 1

On 2/4/2017 at 0:06 PM, bnchmrk said:

img_9211_2~2.jpg

What site?

• Like 1

On 1/22/2017 at 10:47 AM, fiddler1307 said:

I said in the "Wished you owned" thread that these get my juices flowing.

They have proved too much to resist so I ordered and paid for them this morning. Just hoping they don't take too long to arrive now.

3940-u - Copy.jpg

Just received an email informing me they are on their way.

Won't be too long now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fiddler1307 said:

Just received an email informing me they are on their way.

Won't be too long now.

It's never too early to start practicing ducking when going through doorways.  That will come in handy with those heels. :penitent:

Remember to go slow when they get here.  The last thing we want to read is a post about a sprained ankle (or worse).

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 30.1.2017 at 7:53 PM, swedeheeler said:

Got the shoes today but with my eternal luck they were too small :( 

20170130_194457.jpg

A beautiful pair of sandals - too bad the fit isn´t perfect on your feet. I once bought a  pair of sandals made by ItalianHeels. The length of the shoe was perfect and true to size (EU45) but the toe box was way too small/narrow. I just left them in the box after trying them on once - what a waste of money :cheeky: But I think, thighbootguy had some good ideas for your shoes. That might work as well for my sandals..... 

Did you consider cutting away a little bit of the "white parts" - that might open up the space for your feet a little bit and could be simple solution. However, it will change the design and it might not look very professional ..... Anyway, I hope you will find a way to wear these beautiful heels in comfort...!

Guess what arrived today, less than three weeks from ordering.

My new shoes from Italian Heels, and they are as terrific as I had hoped they would be.

My new MJs 3 proper high heels - Copy.JPG

They are very high, but I shall persevere with them.

Edited by fiddler1307
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, fiddler1307 said:

My new shoes from Italian Heels, and they are as terrific as I had hoped they would be.

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Such a sexy pair of Mary Janes and I absolutely love the heel height! All you have to do now is post some pics in the gallery of you in these amazing heels :fine:

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

On 2/9/2017 at 2:36 PM, Thighbootguy said:

GEDC1400.jpg.7a3acd5cd2b968da5a5da086e4856a13.jpg

The heels are a little flat (non existent) but they sure are warm. :penitent:

Ideal for the cold weather, but what will you wear when it's really 'bitter' out there?

Remember, "Quality work takes time".  Give your ankles and calf muscles time to get used to them.  And don't forget to duck going through doorways. :penitent:

Enjoy your great looking heels.

18 minutes ago, AlexC94 said:

Came all the way from Shepardsville in Kentucky USA

Interesting that's about 2 hrs south of me.  Nice boots by the way.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fiddler1307 said:

there hot heels & a good height to ;)

• Like 4

Love how they feel, but wow the heels are so high.

DSCF0139.JPG

That picture hurts just to look at it.  I sure it is a great feeling but to quote many folks that have seen me in 5" heels, "I don't see how you can walk in those heels".  Can you walk in them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LovesHiHeels said:

Been loads of heels in the last few weeks. This pair is from Noo Shoes. 7" heel with a 2" platform

006.thumb.JPG.d66c563361f98379d7315ca3493e3231.JPG

Bold looking shoe!  They look like they fit comfortably.  Have you considered jeans or skinny jeans rather than a skirt with those shoes?

Edited by Thighbootguy