Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I've been eyeballing the Pleaser Bordello series shoes for years. But Pleaser usually doesn't fit me properly. But a couple of weeks ago I went to a store in Rotterdam which sells them. So I couldn't resist giving them a go. I got the red Bordello Bella's there and they feel very nice to wear. So this created a chain reaction since I've been wanting the Teeze-20 (white/black) for years but always was too scared they wouldn't fit properly which made me hesitant to order them. But after getting the red ones I took the gamble and they are awesome! I'm totally in love with them. They fit very nice. I'm usually a 41-41,5EU. Got them in EU42 and they fit like a dream. The Teeze-06 (black) is available in an extra wide version. Loved how those looked aswell and got a pair of those too. With normal tights they are a bit roomy but with thicker thights they feel very nice to wear. Very happy with all of them. I'll try to make some pics of me wearing them soon-ish.

DSC_1762.JPG

DSC_1771.JPG

DSC_1779.JPG

Found in local charity shop at the weekend. Not for me (I'm UK9) but my partner is UK4. She doesn't often wear heels so they are very much for fun at home. Carefully though, because those spikes are hard and fairly sharp and neither of us is a serious masochist. She certainly loves the extra height and the way her legs look in them.

As far as I can tell, these are genuine Jeffrey Campbell boots.They are certainly well made with nice leather footbed and lining.

jc_boots1.jpg

jc_boots2.jpg

• Like 2

Givenchy Suede Screw-Heel Chelsea Boot is a clever bootie. If i was  going out on the street but thought thin heel stiletto would be much for people to notice this boot camouflages while still wearing a skinny heel.

What do you think? At $1900 ain't cheap. 

Givency.jpg

1 hour ago, MackyHeels said:

Givenchy Suede Screw-Heel Chelsea Boot is a clever bootie. If i was  going out on the street but thought thin heel stiletto would be much for people to notice this boot camouflages while still wearing a skinny heel.

Givency.jpg

What on earth is the point of having a stiletto heel and then covering it up with a 'skirt' like that?   Ridiculous boots; ridiculous price - so no doubt will be popular :roll:

2 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Givency.jpg

Please don't take this personally, but that's perhaps the most ridiculous shoe I've ever seen. Why bother hiding a stiletto when people rarely, if ever pay attention to what men wear on their feet? And at nearly two grand a pair, it's good money flushed down the toilet.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

6 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

One of the dumber shoe designs I have seen... but it would be go for breaking through an ice covered walk, or playing golf. :roll:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Laugh all you want i understand everyones snide comments. If you look at it, think they are made for a male who is shy wearing heels in public. How many posts i read of males wearing spiked heels and wearing long jeans covering almost entire heel. These booties can obscure somewhat  that indeed you are stiletto heels, with cavet of unscrewing the spike if you choose.. Do believe it brilliant idea for woman wanting higher height and later in evening getting tired unscrewwing the spike back to comfortable block heel.

For guys are beginning to wear heels or afraid wearing a spike heel in public they can walk around without anyone noticing. Everyones posts or reactions from others as you wear heels out on the street are unnoticed while some people recognize them giving you double take. Now with this cute style you will get three or four glances before someone notices your in spike heels, think it's genious or clever.

What's the alternative wearing these for first timer might be intimidating.

jlo-work-boot-high-heel-bootie-steve-madden-tan-10-c88a1.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MackyHeels said:

Laugh all you want i understand everyones snide comments.

Snide remarks or not the only one that would be laughing is the one that got the $1900.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

5 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Laugh all you want i understand everyones snide comments. If you look at it, think they are made for a male who is shy wearing heels in public. How many posts i read of males wearing spiked heels and wearing long jeans covering almost entire heel. These booties can obscure somewhat  that indeed you are stiletto heels, with cavet of unscrewing the spike if you choose.. Do believe it brilliant idea for woman wanting higher height and later in evening getting tired unscrewwing the spike back to comfortable block heel.

For guys are beginning to wear heels or afraid wearing a spike heel in public they can walk around without anyone noticing. Everyones posts or reactions from others as you wear heels out on the street are unnoticed while some people recognize them giving you double take. Now with this cute style you will get three or four glances before someone notices your in spike heels, think it's genious or clever.

Those were not snide remarks, just several honest opinions on strange-looking boots that (quite apart from the high price) seem to serve no purpose.   And if you think that their appearance is more discreet and more acceptable for a man to wear in public than 'naked stilettos', then go ahead and wear them.   I can't imagine anyone (man or woman) who wears them going unnoticed and unremarked.

I like the lace-up boots in your pic.   They are essentially a man's work-boot and, as I think you are suggesting, very suitable for public wearing despite the stiletto heel.   They certainly ought to be acceptable male footwear.

2 hours ago, 12cm said:

I'm super happy, they are very comfortable and I have only compliments

WP_20151120_08_39_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_08_39_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_08_48_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_08_41_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_08_44_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_08_46_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_08_47_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_08_48_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_08_48_35_Pro.jpg

Those boots are smoking hot, great with the jeans, very powerful look heels indeed!  I hope this post finds you and yours safe in France, our prayers and best wishes....D

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎50‎:‎55‎, MackyHeels said:

jlo-work-boot-high-heel-bootie-steve-madden-tan-10-c88a1.jpeg

Very alluring combination of timberland and heels!  Great with jeans. 

3 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Very alluring combination of timberland and heels!  Great with jeans. 

These look like a pair of JLO boots that I had a few years back.  They were very popular back when.  Wore mine everywhere. Wore them out to dinner with my wife one Saturday night and the hostess had such a fit over them, I wound up, at my wife's suggestion, giving them to her.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On November 20, 2015 at 8:33:08 PM, mwhh said:

These look like a pair of JLO boots that I had a few years back.  They were very popular back when.  Wore mine everywhere. Wore them out to dinner with my wife one Saturday night and the hostess had such a fit over them, I wound up, at my wife's suggestion, giving them to her.

huh? 

For real? 

Some woman seeing me often tease me flipping out on my gym attire. One offered me to borrow her new bra tank top, lol.... Only problem she called me by wrong name, just ignored her. Yet woman tend to want or ask to borrow my tight crop leggings at the gym. 

Only thing is they never say please.... Or what it will cost them for the favor... I can imagine the stuff they would

do to me...

Not as active as I once was and don't buy as many pairs of heels as before but a pre Black Friday promotion at Torrid on a pair I had been watching for awhile gave me no excuse not to buy.  However I didn't order them immediately and my usual size 13 was sold out so I had to go with 12.  Wasn't that worried as they looked like they would fit big and sure enough, the 12's fit perfectly.  Nicest Torrid heels I've seen in a long time - they really do remind me of their older pin-up styles.

I wrote a review at Torrid.com, here that is, let's see if they publish it -

"I had been keeping an eye on these for quite some time and when they finally went on sale my usual size 13 was out of stock so I opted for the size 12.  I generally wear a 13M in women's shoes but occasionally a Torrid 12W will fit nicely.

When they arrived (Torrid shipping is a LOT quicker than it was previously - thank you) it became instantly apparent that size 12 was the way to go.  These run about a size large, at least on the upper end, even as a wide width goes.  In other words the 12W fits like a 13 with a little extra room.  My toes aren't hanging off the edge and rest right at the edge of the front of the shoe.  The uppers are soft and supple and even the footbed is nicely padded and luxurious.  The tortoiseshell print gloss areas are of high quality and the shoes definitely feel a step up from Torrid's offerings over the past couple years.

If there is only one downside it has to do with the zippers.  On both shoes the zippers are fine after a few passes to break them in, but the zipper track is so closely stitched to the uppers that the zipper itself grinds away at the inside as it is moved.  Of course this cannot be seen except beneath the zipper panel but it is a design flaw and may eventually cause additional strain on the zipper - so be careful of that.

That all said, the fit and finish as outstanding.  It is almost as if these were to be part of a higher end line of Torrid footwear offerings as everything about them reflects quality.  Gals and guys looking for and upscale pair of ankle booties can't do much better - especially for the price.  Great pair of executive style heels with some edge.  Hopefully they come back in stock so I can buy another pair."

ul203.jpg

• Like 1