Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Hi folks,

just bough a few wedges with 4" heels (first pair after quite some time) and thought it might be a good idea to lounge on the sofa with them...

i somehow like the combination with the skinnies...

what do you think?

Have a nice weekend,

cgwm

post-19635-0-61174000-1428175907_thumb.j

I have bought some new (to me) sandals for summer. The tan pair is Michael Kors, with a 4+ inch heel and 3/4 inch platform. The gold pair is BCBGirls, with a 5+ inch heel and a 3/4 inch platform. I have worn the Kors sandals in public already, but I'm still trying to figure out how to fit the BCBG sandals into my regular wardrobe. I'm not coming up with anything, I think they're a bit too over the top. They are oddly comfortable, despite the height and the thong design.

I recently bought some Derbys from Sam & Libby. I have been looking for a pair of patent leather oxfords to wear with formal dress for some time. These are not exactly what I was looking for, but I really like them nevertheless. They have just shy of a 5 inch heel with a 1 inch platform.

post-19325-0-45266400-1428204867_thumb.j

post-19325-0-05620500-1428204893_thumb.j

post-19325-0-88906700-1428207980_thumb.j

post-19325-0-93323200-1428208066_thumb.j

I bought these at bcbg today and the lady is the best. She didn't care that I was a guy and she was wearing the same pair when I was there! I don't know how to post pictures on here. I can't wait to wear these out in Florida!

http://www.bcbg.com/Vadans-Snake-Wedge-Bootie/VADANS-001,default,pd.html

VADANS_001.jpg?sw=1268&sh=1992

I got you covered. You can copy the image URL and load it that way too. Those are lovely by the way!!!!

Got new shoes today. I really like these they are very unique. Found these an a buy one get two free clearance sale. Needless to say.. I got the first pair and wife got the two free pairs. Wish I could fit size eight or nine because she got two awesome pairs that are very sexy. Well worth it when you can share your love of shoes with your better half. Sorry could not get this picture oriented properly.

post-25705-0-30624300-1428790025_thumb.j

A pair of Boutique 9 Justine pumps in red snake kept getting marked down at an outlet, and I finally grabbed them at $35. They are pretty comfortable :)

post-289-0-43532500-1428848571_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-05387400-1428848578_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

A pair of Boutique 9 Justine pumps in red snake kept getting marked down at an outlet, and I finally grabbed them at $35. They are pretty comfortable :)

Oh, wow! Those ARE sharp! Well done, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Went to Payless looking for some sandals but did not find anything close to what I was looking for. Tried on some flats and an intriguing set of heels but went out shoeless. (Well, not really shoeless as I was wearing what I came in with. )

Eventually found something close at another store in the form of a flat, strappy sandal and decided it needed to be mine.

Sorry for the awkward angle, but it went on as soon as I hit the car. I am loving the warmer weather.

post-3089-0-75215600-1428869042_thumb.jp

post-3089-0-85051900-1428869054_thumb.jp

post-3089-0-17914400-1428869198_thumb.jp

Just brought these brogue style shoes from clarks on line, after spotting them in the shop on sunday. They arrived Tuesday morning and wore them all day very comfortable and will wear them out and about as they are not to girly, and were only 48 pounds + postage a fiver, could have free postage if I was to wait until weekend for delivery. I normally take a size 7 uk but got a seven and a half normal width so they are ok with my socks and am very happy with the way they fit. I might order another pair for backup as it is very hard to find shoes I am happy with.

post-1269-0-66355900-1429089722_thumb.jp

life is not a rehearsal

Sandals with barely a heel but i like thong sandals - inexpensive from Famous Footwear

2nd pair : Wasn't sure where to put these: under boots or shoes. They are really sorta " Shoeties" - Tracy is the brand - inexpensive but comfortable and i like them for wearing in the office. 

post-26173-0-24784900-1429217006_thumb.j

post-26173-0-36889800-1429217040_thumb.j

post-26173-0-06419200-1429217075_thumb.j

post-26173-0-73444100-1429217284_thumb.j

Hey what's up everyone have some new photos my wife helped me take while we were downtown.  I'm really proud of these photos because it was something we got to do together.  For the first time in a long time I felt really good about this type of accomplishment let me know what you all think.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Hey what's up everyone have some new photos my wife helped me take while we were downtown.  I'm really proud of these photos because it was something we got to do together.  For the first time in a long time I felt really good about this type of accomplishment let me know what you all think.

Great look!  Shoes and shirt match well.  Great that you wife was with you.  What was she wearing (A picture would have completed the story.)?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, yesterday, I went and bought a shoe style I thought I'd NEVER buy----a slide! Yes, I'm sure I've mentioned a few times here and there that I've never been a fan of slides, calling them impractical because of the open back, but for the last few days I had been intrigued by the Payless "O'Malley" platform wedge slide, so, out of curiosity, I went to a store a mile away from home and bought not just one pair, but two as it was buy one pair, get the other at half off, so I got those shoes in black and natural which was a sort of beige. The four inch platform wedge was quite stable, comfortable, easy to stand and walk in, and yes, they go well with my skirts, from a mini to a maxi. In short, these slides have style, and I liked them! Who'd a thunk it, right? Nevertheless, I can't wait to take these shoes out for a jaunt!

post-154-0-65367700-1429605188_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-42792700-1429605196_thumb.jpg

Things I learned in my youth come to mind like: "Well if it makes you happy..." and "If you cant say something nice...".  Recent learnings are more like: "Being comfortable in what you wear starts from liking what you see" and "I can wear anything I want".  I do, however, agree with your previously long held assessment of slides. :roll:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, yesterday, I went and bought a shoe style I thought I'd NEVER buy----a slide! Yes, I'm sure I've mentioned a few times here and there that I've never been a fan of slides, calling them impractical because of the open back, but for the last few days I had been intrigued by the Payless "O'Malley" platform wedge slide, so, out of curiosity, I went to a store a mile away from home and bought not just one pair, but two as it was buy one pair, get the other at half off, so I got those shoes in black and natural which was a sort of beige. The four inch platform wedge was quite stable, comfortable, easy to stand and walk in, and yes, they go well with my skirts, from a mini to a maxi. In short, these slides have style, and I liked them! Who'd a thunk it, right? Nevertheless, I can't wait to take these shoes out for a jaunt!

Welcome to the wonderful world of slides, Jeff! I currently own about 15 pairs of sandals, and all of them are slides. The particular design you bought doesn't look impractical at all. I have several that might be considered impractical, but maybe I like them *because* they're impractical. I like a challenge.

Things I learned in my youth come to mind like: "Well if it makes you happy..." and "If you cant say something nice...".  Recent learnings are more like: "Being comfortable in what you wear starts from liking what you see" and "I can wear anything I want".  I do, however, agree with your previously long held assessment of slides. :roll:

HA! Well, you can't please everybody! It's kinda hard to explain, but something about those shoes, well, attracted me, so, I went ahead and made that purchase, and I was pleased with the new acquisitions. Just like any woman, it's good to have lots of choices when it comes to shoe styles. You could say that I'm branching out, and that's not exactly a bad thing.

Welcome to the wonderful world of slides, Jeff! I currently own about 15 pairs of sandals, and all of them are slides. The particular design you bought doesn't look impractical at all. I have several that might be considered impractical, but maybe I like them *because* they're impractical. I like a challenge.

No, the new shoes didn't at all look impractical, and that was why I was interested enough in them to buy them, and I was happy I did. I can see myself wearing them in purely casual settings when I want to dress down, but still wear heels, and, at four inches, those slides give me all the height I want while maintaining a good sense of comfort.

Hi JeffB,

Last week I also bought the Payless "Omalley" slides. I bought them in the black, brown and rainbow color. Really comfortable to wear. I love wearing slides and have many pairs of them.

You got a BOGO deal on them. I got them on sale for $16.99 a pair and since I spent over $50.00, I had a coupon from Payless giving me an additional 25% off. Great deal at Payless.

I also bought two pairs of clearance "Willow" high wedge heel, closed toe, wedge heel slides one pair in black and the other light tan, at the BOGO price, plus the additional 25% off. Two pairs of wedge heel slides for $12.00 plus tax, what a great deal at Payless!

Enjoy wearing your new slides. I like wearing mine, very much.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

bluejay: Yes, I've quickly come to enjoy the new slides I bought, especially in the natural color as I put together a few outfits to go with them. I'm most eager to take them on a trip in the real world.

bluejay: Yes, I've quickly come to enjoy the new slides I bought, especially in the natural color as I put together a few outfits to go with them. I'm most eager to take them on a trip in the real world.

JeffB,

I'll be waiting to see your new slides, in your future jaunts.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I just got a new pair of lace up shoes. I normally go for Oxfords, but these Derbys were cute and cheap.

They are Guess brand, and they are made of an interesting sort of charcoal gray fabric. I don't know what it's called, but it's just ever so slightly fuzzy and rough. It kind of reminds me of the stuff they cover stage monitor speakers with. It's accented with a black patent leather heel, at a healthy 5 1/4 inches, and a black patent platform, which, at an even inch, is about as high as I care to go with an exposed platform.

I wore them to the grocery store the other day, just to sort of test them out, and they are pretty doggoned easy to walk in for a short distance. I can't comment on their long term comfort, as I have not yet attempted my 2 mile test in them. Overall, I really like the way they look as a more casual shoe than I normally buy.

post-19325-0-41257000-1430183133_thumb.j

post-19325-0-35266400-1430183148_thumb.j

post-19325-0-30835700-1430183163_thumb.j

:giggle: My new to me Red suede like pumps by Style& Co  4 inch heel 1/2 in platform size 10

Now to get brave and ware them out some day

Nice shoes there! I've worn red pumps out in public, red patent in fact, no one raised so much as an eyebrow. Go for it!