Who has bought some new shoes

gj

After my success with White Mountain (www.whitemountainshoes.com) "Terrace" heeled sandals (in three colors: black, navy, and light tan), I decided to take a chance on their "Tigerlily" sandals in black, size 11. They were shipped promptly but when they came they were very tight in the width. I could hardly get them on. But I did and after a week of wearing them indoors, they stretched and are now very comfortable. I wrote a review, which never seemed to get posted, but a couple of days ago it appeared. Meanwhile, I also bought the sandals in honey color, and submitted a follow-up review on them yesterday, which got posted and is up today. Go figure. The reviews are at:

http://www.whitemountainshoes.com/review/product/list/id/11259/category/14/

But when the shoes sell out the reviews won't be visible, so here is what I wrote (recent one first):

Follow-up Review by Steve

I did get the Tigerlily sandals in honey color and, like the black ones that I bought earlier, these fit very tight at first. But with stretching from a week of wearing them (indoors, sadly - it's too cold out right now!), they fit fine now and are extremely comfortable to wear. The footbed is like walking on pillows, and the supple leather straps are of superb quality. I can tell that I'm going to enjoy these a lot this summer! Thanks again, White Mountain!

(Posted on 2/25/15)

Tight at first but fine now Review by Steve

When I bought these in black a few weeks ago, they were shipped right away and I was again impressed with White Mountain's customer service. This is my 4th pair of shoes from them, and they have become a favorite brand. At first I was a little disappointed, as the size 11 were very tight in width. That was quite a difference from the Terrace sandals I have in 3 colors, which fit perfectly right out of the box. I had a lot of tugging to do to get the Tigerlily sandals on, but once on, they were fairly comfortable. Over the past couple of weeks I've worn them a lot and they've stretched nicely. They fit fine now and go on easily. The size 11 heel is 3.5 inches high. I love these sandals and plan to get them in the honey color. I can't wait until spring when the weather is warmer and I can wear them outdoors with bootcut jeans. Thanks, White Mountain, for making shoes in bigger sizes for fashion forward people!

(Posted on 2/15/15)

At first I was concerned that White Mountain wasn't going to post my review, either because they didn't want a guy reviewing their shoes, or because the black ones had already sold out. But they came through and I appreciate it. I know we've discussed it here before, but I think more guys should submit reviews of their purchases. No review I've ever submitted has been denied.

Here are the shoes. (The third pic is from their web site. My legs are ok, but not THAT nice! LOL) I think White Mountain sandals have become my new favorites now. I can't wait until warmer weather to wear them outside. It's 16F (-8C) today. Brrrr.

Steve

post-4071-0-32025000-1424966339_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-64709100-1424966363_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-16868200-1424966380_thumb.jp

Great style, Steve! I really like them. They only have size 10, so unless they really stretch, I'm out of luck.

Here's a few I picked up over the last couple of weeks. 

Goodwill, $6

post-3445-0-69016100-1424995081_thumb.jppost-3445-0-99794400-1424995177_thumb.jppost-3445-0-19415500-1424995268_thumb.jp

Target, $18.99 (website return)

post-3445-0-24717000-1424995357_thumb.jppost-3445-0-61112800-1424995438_thumb.jppost-3445-0-86651000-1424995550_thumb.jp

Fioni Kambridge, $20, $24.99

post-3445-0-20426200-1424995644_thumb.jppost-3445-0-67252400-1424995769_thumb.jppost-3445-0-60953500-1424995869_thumb.jp

post-3445-0-53380300-1424995983_thumb.jppost-3445-0-47082100-1424996062_thumb.jppost-3445-0-11415000-1424996165_thumb.jp

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Steve, nice looking pair of sandals.

inquisitor, your selections are nice as well.  While not a platform fan, those tend to be relatively small platforms so they look pretty decent to my eye.

I've found myself intrigued by these new pumps from Pleaser, the pointy toed "Classique". While I love how sexy these shoes look, I wonder, and worry about whether or not the 4 inch needle heels would be strong enough to support my 225 pounds, never mind the inevitable bother of getting such thin heels caught in sidewalk cracks. Opinions?

4-pointed-toe-pump-pl-classique-20-3.jpg

Wow, those look outstanding.  If you do order, please report back on size / fit.

I've purchased a couple new pairs over the past week.  First are the lace up booties from Hot Tomato.  This brand can have criminally small sizing but I've had great luck as of late and these fit very nicely in my usual 13M.  The laces are a little harsh on the tops of my feet so I may trade them out for something softer but other than that I can't complain.  I've noticed these are all over eBay right now for $50 - $90, insane for the low / mid quality of this brand.

The other pair is Carla from RSVP in blue suede.  I have a pair of these in black patent under the Type Z brand (I'm pretty sure they're brand names of the same group) that fit great so I knew I'd be good to go.  These actually ended up being free.  When the box arrived I noticed it had a Polaroid of the shoes taped to the outside of the shoebox (taken in a bathroom at that), were obviously worn and had a heel pad stuck in each.  I e-mailed Zappos service to complain that I was shocked no one in their returns department could take a moment to look over said return before shipping them back out as new merchandise.  The rep responded to me and said they would refund my full purchase and to go ahead and keep the shoes as an apology.  Getting those stupid heel pads out took quite a bit of work and they left behind a bit of residue but it is working itself out.  Also, hey, free is free.  All I was looking for was an apology for the disappointment.

post-19684-0-37304300-1425673913_thumb.j

post-19684-0-10790200-1425673919_thumb.j

post-19684-0-15015300-1425673925_thumb.j

post-19684-0-76798000-1425673931_thumb.j

post-19684-0-91821900-1425673937_thumb.j

Lime: I've been curious about Type Z. How are they in terms of fit and comfort?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Lime: I've been curious about Type Z. How are they in terms of fit and comfort?

Pretty good in my experience, I like them a lot better than any of the Payless offerings to be honest.  Funny thing is I have that exact same style in black patent and blue seude.  The black patent pair is 13W while the blue are 13M.  They are exactly the same other than the 13W pair having a slightly vertically larger toebox.  As I remarked when I bought the 13W's (because they were super cheap) I'd hate to see what a13M was like as they were essentially straight up 13's.  In this case they're based on the same sole and for all intents and purposes fit exactly the same.

I also have a pair of similar "Spencer" platforms from RSVP (more or less the same shoe except the small platform isn't hidden and the toe point is smooth) in brown leather that are 13W and I'll say all three shoes fit the same.  Very comfortable, and are good to go with or without hosiery.  Seems the main complaint about both "brands" is that the wide really isn't a wide.  In my case that's an advantage.

Wow, those look outstanding. If you do order, please report back on size / fit.

I've purchased a couple new pairs over the past week. First are the lace up booties from Hot Tomato. This brand can have criminally small sizing but I've had great luck as of late and these fit very nicely in my usual 13M. The laces are a little harsh on the tops of my feet so I may trade them out for something softer but other than that I can't complain. I've noticed these are all over eBay right now for $50 - $90, insane for the low / mid quality of this brand.

The other pair is Carla from RSVP in blue suede. I have a pair of these in black patent under the Type Z brand (I'm pretty sure they're brand names of the same group) that fit great so I knew I'd be good to go. These actually ended up being free. When the box arrived I noticed it had a Polaroid of the shoes taped to the outside of the shoebox (taken in a bathroom at that), were obviously worn and had a heel pad stuck in each. I e-mailed Zappos service to complain that I was shocked no one in their returns department could take a moment to look over said return before shipping them back out as new merchandise. The rep responded to me and said they would refund my full purchase and to go ahead and keep the shoes as an apology. Getting those stupid heel pads out took quite a bit of work and they left behind a bit of residue but it is working itself out. Also, hey, free is free. All I was looking for was an apology for the disappointment.

Some nice finds you have there.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Pretty good in my experience, I like them a lot better than any of the Payless offerings to be honest.  Funny thing is I have that exact same style in black patent and blue seude.  The black patent pair is 13W while the blue are 13M.  They are exactly the same other than the 13W pair having a slightly vertically larger toebox.  As I remarked when I bought the 13W's (because they were super cheap) I'd hate to see what a13M was like as they were essentially straight up 13's.  In this case they're based on the same sole and for all intents and purposes fit exactly the same.

I also have a pair of similar "Spencer" platforms from RSVP (more or less the same shoe except the small platform isn't hidden and the toe point is smooth) in brown leather that are 13W and I'll say all three shoes fit the same.  Very comfortable, and are good to go with or without hosiery.  Seems the main complaint about both "brands" is that the wide really isn't a wide.  In my case that's an advantage.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Robbie,

Thanks for posting pics. I like that "Sadie" shoe very much. The perforated upper looks very comfortable and breatheable and would keep your feet cool in warmer weather. The sole and heel are exactly the kind of shapes that I like and wear a lot in public. I suspect my wife would not like the very thin ankle strap on me, though. But I see some other styles in this brand that are worth exploring. I had not heard of Eric Michaels before. Made in Portugal. Do they fit true to size? If so, I'd need a 43 (US Women's 12) and that style doesn't come in 43. If it were an open toe style, I can usually get away with a 42 (11).

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks! Really liking them and helping me to feel spring-like today. I'm wearing a 41, because the 40 seemed a tad tight but overlall pretty true to size. It does seem like the toe box has stretched out a bit from a few days of wear but not in a bad way. 

Robbie

In February I fell in love (or lust) with a brand new style from Naturalizer called "Dahnny." (Who thinks up these names???) At $100 they were way more than I wanted to spend, but I found a 30% off coupon at Shoemall.com and bought them. They're really nice and I look forward to spring.

I was invited to write a review, which I did, and of course they posted it, just as I wrote it. It's at:

http://www.shoemall.com/p/naturalizer-dahnny-womens/?color=Black-White&utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=Display#ReviewHeader

But of course, once the shoe is sold out, that link won't work, so here is the review:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome sandals

By Steve

from Central Ohio

About Me Stylish

badge_vp_en_US.gif

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easy to walk in
  • Good height
  • Soft And Rich Leather

Cons

Best Uses

Comments about Naturalizer Dahnny (Women's):

This style caught my eye and even though it was more expensive than most shoes I buy, I ordered it. They were delivered quickly and I've worn these sandals for 2 weeks now, indoors because of the cold and snow. I can't wait for spring so I can wear them outside, with bootcut jeans and a short sleeve top. I own about 10-12 pairs of Naturalizer heels and these have to be among the top in comfort and quality. The arch is in the right place, the heel height (3.5 inches on Size 11W) is great for walking, and the buttery soft leather feels awesome - in fact they were comfortable right out of the box. They're easy to slip on and off and should be easy to keep in good shape, too. Thanks for carrying bigger size shoes for fashion forward people like me who really appreciate the fun of wearing heels! Even my wife loves them!

• Sizing:
  • Feels true to size
  • Width:
  • Feels true to width
  • View On Shoes:
  • I'm Really Into Shoes

Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may have stretched the truth when I said my wife loves them. Substitute the word "tolerates."

:fine:

Maybe I'll go to the Naturalizer web site and review them there, too.

Steve

post-4071-0-80908400-1426075863_thumb.jp

Steve, Cool looking sandal.  The heel is to high for me, otherwise I would be getting a pair too..  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Here is my latest find.  I picked these up in a local thrift shop.  The color is a shiny grey.  Almost suede like.  The color in the picture is a little off, but it is close.  The brand is Nine West and the heel measures 4 inches.  They are super comfortable and show lots of toe cleavage.  And here is the best part.  I paid 5 bucks plus tax for them!  Can't wait to take them on some outings this spring and summer.

post-1352-0-30079600-1426130666_thumb.jp

Here is my latest find.  I picked these up in a local thrift shop.  The color is a shiny grey.  Almost suede like.  The color in the picture is a little off, but it is close.  The brand is Nine West and the heel measures 4 inches.  They are super comfortable and show lots of toe cleavage.  And here is the best part.  I paid 5 bucks plus tax for them!  Can't wait to take them on some outings this spring and summer.

Very nice, Mr. X. Those are sharp looking shoes! Well done, my friend!

hello,

just received these sandals from Asos, the style i like. 13,5 cm heels for uk size 9, they fit very good.

My wife like to see me wearing heels, too femimine for a man, but really cute :)

post-2171-0-41942100-1426758127_thumb.jp

Bought these at the store what fun i had, first time shopper. Their Nubuck suede and tight around the ankles goes well with skinny's and straight leg jeans. Although i find them contouring my ankles just like they should but unhappy at the look being to formal. So now i'm looking for other ankle booties with the same type of three inch block heel. Ones i'm looking for shorter then these boot shaft of six inch.

217407_1.jpg?sh=525

Thinking of buying these Rag & bone beauties..? They have a shorter boot shaft maybe slightly higher heel and steeper angle of the back heel unlike the other above.

NMX2BLE_mk.jpg

I stopped by my local Payless store and found these for $12.00 it was also my first time out with my blue jean skirt

I stopped by my local Payless store and found these for $12.00 it was also my first time out with my blue jean skirtpost-16522-0-04256700-1427461518_thumb.j