Who has bought some new shoes

gj

...   Wearing new shoes for the first time certainly has an edge over wearing old shoes. Maybe it gives a boost of self-confidence that projects positively and evokes more reactions, or maybe they just give a heightened awareness of the reactions around us.

A very apt comment in shoes like those ...!   A nice style and colour, SH, but the equivalent without a platform would look even better.   

Do you still wear your stiletto loafers out much?   Loafers are essentially a male shoe and, heel or not, seem to me the ideal freestyle footwear, even with a small platform - but not easy to find, especially in large sizes.

No problem with the polished floors, but the soles of the shoes did have indentation stripes from new and I'd walked a short distance on a concrete surface beforehand that probably made the soles a little rougher and more grippy.

I actually wore the green version of the shoes, which is the colour I'd originally wanted and finally found:

attachicon.gif8919539089438.jpgattachicon.gif8919539154974.jpgattachicon.gif8919539220510.jpg

I wore them with a matching green tshirt, black skinny jeans, denim jacket and black shoulder bag. I got plenty of double-takes, some more discreet than others. A few times teenage girls in pairs would glance at me and then each other. I think it's nice that they don't feel they have to inhibit their surprise, and for all I know they could just as easily be thinking "cool" rather than "weird", there's no need to presume rudeness. I occasionally caught their reflections in a store window as they passed and they were definitely turning around to take another look. That's fine with me, it's not like I wear my heels to be invisible so it's nice to be noticed. A couple of times I exchanged smiles with young ladies (maybe in their 20's), I think they're the ones who enjoy fashion and heels the most. As I entered one store a middle-aged lady who was leaving glanced at my heels and said "you're doing well in those" and a smiled and thanked her. In another store I used the changing rooms to try on a skirt and the sales assistant went out of her way to make me feel welcome and comfortable, and I really appreciated that (and yes, I did buy the skirt, I liked how it looked and it was 25% off).

Wearing new shoes for the first time certainly has an edge over wearing old shoes. Maybe it gives a boost of self-confidence that projects positively and evokes more reactions, or maybe they just give a heightened awareness of the reactions around us.

Sounds like you had quite an interesting experience, and yeah, for folks like us, we don't wear heels to go unnoticed, far from it. Meanwhile, I would agree that wearing new shoes do indeed heighten that awareness of how others react to us.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Not sure, just never quite me. Only pair I ever got I wanted to wear only on carpet just in case.

Better luck finding some heels you really like Rockpup. It seems to go in waves, sometimes I don't see any styles that really excite me in the shops, but then all of a sudden several really desirable styles appear. It's still great that you tried them, even though it didn't work out this time.

Do you still wear your stiletto loafers out much?   Loafers are essentially a male shoe and, heel or not, seem to me the ideal freestyle footwear, even with a small platform - but not easy to find, especially in large sizes.

post-12051-0-52466600-1414259562_thumb.j

I've not worn my stiletto loafers for a while now, but they're a great autumn/winter style and they'll definitely be making a few appearances. The only downside with them is that something with the loafer styling seems to create a slight bump inside the shoe that's given me a corn on the top of one of my toes, so when I do wear them I use a plaster so as not to aggravate it. At least the plaster isn't visible!

I'm not overly enthused with the current range of high-heeled loafers available, most of them have quite a blocky medium height heel that looks a bit frumpy but that seems to be trending lately.

If you like it, wear it.

Great day as I was able to pick up two new pairs for only a few dollars.

I was at a local botique looking at some things for my girlfriend when I saw the Ellie gold stilettos on markdown.  The only size 13 heels I have ever seen there, they were marked $3.99 and looked to be unworn and were new outside of a few dents and dings.  Although they looked a little narrow, I figured for that money I could figure something out.  They actually fit pretty well but are more managable without hosiery as with pantyhose they tend to make my toes bunch up.  However they have already stretched out nicely so I think that will be a temporary issue.  I'm usually not a fan of the pointed vamp but I really like how they look on me, even if 5 1/2" gold pumps may pose a challenge to work into my wardrobe.

Other pair are Dexter "Kylie" wedges from Payless.  These appeared to be a stray return and were marked down to $8.  I had a pair of these years ago in black patent but they were a pair that was sold off when I was reorganizing my heels.  They ended up being one of the few pairs that I wish I had kept so when I saw these in grey plaid I had to get them.  Lower than most of my shoes but perfect for wearing out and a natural complement to my "casual business" attire I tend to wear when heeling.  They are also completely silent.

I'm not overly enthused with the current range of high-heeled loafers available, most of them have quite a blocky medium height heel that looks a bit frumpy but that seems to be trending lately.

Agreed absolutely!!  High-heeled loafers and "menswear" oxfords are some of my favorite styles but too often the look is ruined in my opinion with an out of place chunky heel.

post-19684-0-80068600-1414265594_thumb.j

post-19684-0-21443500-1414265602_thumb.j

post-19684-0-45809800-1414265612_thumb.j

post-19684-0-33598000-1414265619_thumb.j

post-19684-0-28465000-1414265626_thumb.j

Lime: Well done on your latest purchases. Those gold pumps are simply smashing and they look great on you! Bravo, my friend!

You grabbed yourself a bargain there. I agree with 4608 they're not overly pointy at all, the texture of the gold is lovely (not too shiny, not too matt) and the cut of the upper is very flattering to your feet. They'd add a nice sparkle to a black dress or skirt/top combination with a not-too-bright blazer, and given your past outfits perhaps a bolder tie with some gold accents to link with the shoes.

At first glance the wedges seem almost too casual (like slippers!), but with smart tailoring I agree they'd really suit the "casual business" look you have in mind. Maybe you can match with the darker colour in the plaid pattern for the trousers and the lighter colour in the plaid for a top, perhaps a little tricky to combine with your favoured bright colours but maybe you could sneak a splash of red in there somewhere (if the plaid pattern is a true grey, or perhaps orange/yellow if its more of a brown-grey, it's hard to tell from photos).

If you like it, wear it.

Funny thing about the gold pumps was as I was heading home with them I was thinking to myself if the gold is too much they I could decoupage them.  I've done many pairs of comic book and decoupage heels for my girlfriend and others and I've been wanting to do one with Monopoly money - these seemed like a good candidate.  However I like them way too much as-is so they shall remain gold.

The golden ones are smashing! From what I can see in your pictures, the toes are not that pointy, more sort of classic

Thank you very much, 4608!  You are correct, they have more of a classic, nearly almond toe.  I'd say they're in between an almond toe and being pointy - not quite either.  They definately have a classic shape.

Lime: Well done on your latest purchases. Those gold pumps are simply smashing and they look great on you! Bravo, my friend!

Thank you, JeffB!  I'll be the first to admit that I'm surprised at how good they look when worn.  I was a little apprehensive to the color but boy do they pop without being super overpowering.

You grabbed yourself a bargain there. I agree with 4608 they're not overly pointy at all, the texture of the gold is lovely (not too shiny, not too matt) and the cut of the upper is very flattering to your feet. They'd add a nice sparkle to a black dress or skirt/top combination with a not-too-bright blazer, and given your past outfits perhaps a bolder tie with some gold accents to link with the shoes.

At first glance the wedges seem almost too casual (like slippers!), but with smart tailoring I agree they'd really suit the "casual business" look you have in mind. Maybe you can match with the darker colour in the plaid pattern for the trousers and the lighter colour in the plaid for a top, perhaps a little tricky to combine with your favoured bright colours but maybe you could sneak a splash of red in there somewhere (if the plaid pattern is a true grey, or perhaps orange/yellow if its more of a brown-grey, it's hard to tell from photos).

Thank you, SleekHeels!  I couldn't believe they were marked so low, I was thinking there had to be something radically off in the manufaturing or a tear in the upper or something but no.  It seems they were an old discovery in their stockroom area and they figured they would sell with the Halloween season.  Shocked I was lucky enough to be there at just the right time.  I am definately looking for a gold or metallic accent necktie to pair with these.

I agree about the wedges looking overly casual at first glance.  It's amazing what a difference the uppers can make in how a shoe looks.  My girlfriend still has a pair of them in black patent and they look very sleek and trim.  The plaid uppers have an illusion of having a bit more "puff" to them, which makes them look bulkier.  It also causes an illusion of making the vamp look much higher up the foot.  One thing I can say is they are as comfortable and quiet as slippers which will make them ideal for my occasional outing as I usually walk about four miles or so along my perferred path.  I also agree that they'll work well with dark trousers and a lighter shirt.  The plaid is a true grey with a little gold, so I'm thinking muted dark colors with a solid red necktie may work well.

Good deal on the Ellie gold pumps - Pretty tame for Ellie.

Absolutely!  My girlfriend has many pairs of the more costumey Pleaser / Funtasma and Ellie heels.  I tend to gravitate toward the more pinup styled offerings from Ellie, the classic pumps and 30's / 40's maryjanes are my favorites from their line.  Fit is always such a crapshoot with them in my experience however and most retailers I've done business with tend to want to charge a restocking fee on the larger sizes (US13 or usually US14 with Pleaser and Ellie).

Today I bought these pair of pumps. The heel is 10cm (4"). Very comfortable. They are made of back suede.

Very nice, but suede can be devilish to keep clean and looking their best. Good for you!

VERY nice! What's the brand, and how are they to wear?

VERY nice! What's the brand, and how are they to wear?

They are very comfortable. I wear then almost every day at home. I got them at Yellow store in Canada. The brand is Chelsea Girls, size Us11.

Just received these from Amazon (MeSex). They are Pleaser T-Straps, model Sexy-27. The fit is perfect, i got them in US women's size 10. I normally wear a men's size 9, so I took a risk and it was worth it. The heel rises 5.25" and there is no platform even though the site says .25". I placed a review on Amazon, linked here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NBSK5ZI#customerReviews

Highly recommended. The 1st picture caught me with an odd stare, sorry.

post-1756-0-18628500-1415141585_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-13271300-1415141594_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-24765900-1415141601_thumb.jp

I was just discussing this very subject only this morning. Self portraiting can be a tricky business. You won't hear any criticism from me on this point. Awesome shoes!

Just received these from Amazon (MeSex). They are Pleaser T-Straps, model Sexy-27. The fit is perfect, i got them in US women's size 10. I normally wear a men's size 9, so I took a risk and it was worth it. The heel rises 5.25" and there is no platform even though the site says .25". I placed a review on Amazon, linked here.

Nice shoes!  If I cut an inch and a half off the heel, I might be able to wear them...lol.  Seriously, I know I cannot handle 5.25 inches of heel height - but enjoy!  They are nice looking!

That's a very elegant pair of heels. I have a similar pair (but with a slightly lower 4.5" heel, you're doing well to walk in those at 5.25")/ Although I almost always prefer wearing heel barefoot, I think these look amazing with fishnets (or micronets), sheer black tights (not too glossy), or even opaque black tights whose matt texture would contrast with the patent. Have fun wearing them.

If you like it, wear it.

Nice shoes there, my friend. They look sharp. As for the picture, don't worry about it. Just practice more and you'll get it right.

Good find. Pleaser do seem to be maker better heel these days.

Some nice looking shoes you have there.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

After the last pair of Pleaser heels I just had to get some more. The fit is just so good and I simply love the look. These 2 are their Amuse style. The heels are at 4.75" and there is a .5" hidden platform in both. I modeled them with shorts on to better show the shoes. I would say these run about 1/2 size large. These are both size 10 and I wear a size 9 in men's.

post-1756-0-77297000-1415471634_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-59390400-1415471647_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-68205500-1415471655_thumb.jp

After the last pair of Pleaser heels I just had to get some more. The fit is just so good and I simply love the look. These 2 are their Amuse style. The heels are at 4.75" and there is a .5" hidden platform in both. I modeled them with shorts on to better show the shoes. I would say these run about 1/2 size large. These are both size 10 and I wear a size 9 in men's.

Very nice. Those shoes most definitely look elegant. Well done!

Very nice, Jkrenzer.  I had my eye on those as well.  If there is a half inch platform in the shoe, I might be able to handle the 4.75 inches of heel.  You say they run larger?  That is unusual for Pleaser, whose, in most every review, are noted as running on the small and narrow side.  Do you have narrow feet by chance?

post-79-0-45026400-1415815978_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-32269300-1415815979_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-22503800-1415815980_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-87588100-1415815980_thumb.jpg

Just picked these up today from K&G Superstore.  Ann Marino brand, Kimber model, $34.95, in a black fabric type material that has just a bit of  sparkle to it.  Heel is a full 4.5 inches (which is, I admit, a bit high for me!). Sadly, I tried on an 11 in store and they felt pretty good.  An 11 is usually small on me, so I was happy that they fit reasonably well.  Well, I should have grabbed the display pair that I tried on, as I grabbed another box with new, still wrapped shoes, and when I got home and put them on, I found them to be very tight.  Hoping they will stretch out some!  

I typically wear a men's 9. Most heels I have had were woman's size 10. Most fit very well although a pair from Payless were very tight, but wearable. I do have a pair of heeled boots that are size 11 that fit well.

I guess the old adage of plus 2 doesn't apply anymore.

Finally my last of the 4 pair of Pleasers arrived. These are the same style and heel design as the T-Straps I showed earlier. Wow is all I can say, the fit is amazing. I highly recommend these shoes. The heels are 5.25" but for some reason the shape of the shoe makes them easy to walk around in. A follow up on my T-Straps, I have worn them for a total of 24-30 hours now and they are conforming nicely to my foot. I expect the same from these. If Pleaser introduces either of these styles in non-patent I will jump on them.

Joe

post-1756-0-32616200-1416067319_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-95715400-1416067333_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-54105400-1416067345_thumb.jp

• Like 1