Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Thanks, Puffer!

Thanks, RonC!  I agree, I like the lower cut vamp of the Renetti heels a little more as they show just a tiny bit of toe cleavage, which I like on a classic pump.  Nice to have a bunch of different looks though!

Do keep in mind with Pleaser / Demonia / Funtasma (and Ellie / TenThirtyOne as well as Pleaser's Bordello and discontinued PinUp Couture lines) that a good number of their shoes tend to run a full size small.  If you are a half size definately go up to the next full size.  It's extremely rare for me to find shoes from this manufacturer that run true to size, which is why I was surprised these fit so well.  I've actually had a pair of Funtasma chunky mary jane heels that I had to go THREE sizes up in, so I wore a US16 in that style.

Additionally the same Pleaser style may have a differently cut vamp depending on when they were manufatured.  I've seen quite a few of the "Seduce" line with a high vamp, low vamp, or pointed vamp depending on when they were made and who was selling them.  If you're set on a very specific pair of their shoes and are ordering online, confirm that the shoes in question match the Pleaser stock image the retailer / seller is using.

Thanks, blackpatent!

I may have said so before but if so I will say so again, mlroseplant, I love those oxfords!

It'll fluxuate depending on manufacturer and style, just as with any other piece of clothing.  I'm a US11.5 / US12 in men's shoes (usually Puma sneakers which have always ran just a hair small in my experience, so generally a US12 with the exception of T.U.K. creepers where I'm a US11 as they conform to their old sizing when everything was bigger than marked, but even that varies due to some retailers using their unisex sizing and classifying it wrong) and tend to wear women's US13 in heels.  Sometimes a little tight, sometimes a little loose, but as I would be a barefoot men's US11.5 - women's US13 is my jumping off point when I buy heels.

I think the best way to buy shoes is to just walk in and buy them at a store. I guess I was just lucky with these shoes.

I think the best way to buy shoes is to just walk in and buy them at a store. I guess I was just lucky with these shoes.

A difficult proposition these days for my size, US13.

For my bday 2 weeks ago, My best friend and his girlfriend gave me an eyeshadow pallet, black eyeliner with a smudger and a gift card to my favorite local shoe store. They said they wanted to show that they actually do support my fashion tastes. I tell ya I have the best friends! Anyway I was luck to get these 40% off the clearance price, came to less than $17 and I still had some to go towards another pair of boots that I posted about in the "new boots" forum.

C7EF578A-9098-4161-B0DE-FED74261559C.jpg

Ron: I looked for a shoe size conversion chart to find my shoe size. And It said size 11.  So I ordered the shoes on line from a big store called Dillards.

It was a shot in the dark as I have never bought womens shoes before. They were a little tight in the toe area but I used some spray strecher and just put them on and they loosened up for me. Also I went back to the order page on Dillards website and they claim the heel is 4,25 inchs high. I measured it with a ruler and it says it is 4.5 inchs high. I have not bought any other shoes yet so I do not know if my size 10 in mens means an 11 in womens every time.

Eager2heel, I believe you will find that sizes vary quite often.  With a size 10 mens, if your foot is not too wide, a size 11 womens should work in most instances.  I will say that if the shoes pictured fit, most size 11s will fit as well, because a pointed toe high heel such as that tends to be cut a bit smaller than something like a round toe pump or a sandal.  In most instances, it the additional width of a mans foot that makes the sizing different for a traditional womans' style shoe.

Also, not surprised that the heel is a 1/2 inch higher than advertised.  The listed heel height is usually based on something like a size 7 or 8 shoe, and in order to maintain the same silhouette, the heel needs to be higher as the size gets larger.  

If you are into shopping online, there are a few great online shoe sites that need a mention. One, is www.endless.com and this place sells shoes cheaper than Macy's or Dillard's or even Nordstrom (if you live in the US, you know how pricey those stores can sometimes be.) They also GIVE YOU $5.00 to ship your shoes to you. Yes, they ship them overnight service (if you live here in the US), so if you order them tomorrow, like around noon PST, you would receive them thursday, and they would take $5.00 off the total price. They sell the Jessica Simpson "Bellini" pump, which i adore, and i haven't been able to find here in las vegas locally. It goes for almost $90.00(US) at Nordstrom, but on Endless.com they have for half that, about $45.00. So, if i ordered them, i would only send them $40.00, and i'd get them the next day, provided i sent the money in earlier enough. I prefer to just use my credit card.

Another online site to mention is called 6pm.com and this place is quite a winner! It's got some great shoes, really exotic ones that retail for well over $100(US), and they sell those for about half the price. So check that site out! I've seen quite a few pumps there that are quite eye-catching, that Macy's or Dillard's or Nordstrom would sell for an arm and a leg, and 6pm sells them for A LOT less!

so check them out!

Thanks for the link . I am going to order some shoes this weekend...

Eager2heel, I believe you will find that sizes vary quite often.  With a size 10 mens, if your foot is not too wide, a size 11 womens should work in most instances.  I will say that if the shoes pictured fit, most size 11s will fit as well, because a pointed toe high heel such as that tends to be cut a bit smaller than something like a round toe pump or a sandal.  In most instances, it the additional width of a mans foot that makes the sizing different for a traditional womans' style shoe.

Also, not surprised that the heel is a 1/2 inch higher than advertised.  The listed heel height is usually based on something like a size 7 or 8 shoe, and in order to maintain the same silhouette, the heel needs to be higher as the size gets larger.  

I think I am going to buy something with a little lower heel. I just can't see myself walking very far in the shoes I have now. I think the hight of the heel is just a little to high.

I got these sandals about one month ago (the wife got a pair as well), they are from Payless and the style is Renee.  I have been wearing these around a lot, and they are very comfortable.  The wedge heel is about 2 1/2 inches high and the shoe is stable to walk in.  

When I made the purchase, the Payless staff were very helpful, as usual.  When the wife saw them she had to have a pair too, so back to Payless we went.  Hers are silver in color.  

Attached is a not very good picture of the sandals, the wife and I will take some shots and make it our avatar photo soon.  

What ya'all think???  Take care, sf

post-230-0-97115000-1407519071_thumb.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Ok, posting this here since I might still go back tomorrow to pick up the Newbee pair.

Stopped by two Steve Madden shops today, looking to try a pair of pumps I've had my eyes on. They are the Newbee model (higher pair), and are listed with a 4.75" heel, and one option is black leather. I've been looking for a pair of black leather pumps that are taller then my Ash's, so.. 

First shop, I was near downtown Miami so I boogied on over to South Beach figuring the dense gay/TG population might make for smoother sailing as this was my first time to get fitted for pumps by a salesperson. I saw the store was very busy so I wandered over to the Nine West shop a few doors down, and found nothing interesting :(

I headed back and saw of the two sales people, there was a smaller lady, and a tall/muscular guy. The guy seemed busy but the lady suddenly went to the back, so while holding the pump he asked if I needed help. I requested a 10 in Newbee and Galleryy, as most other brands fit fine in that size, and he came out with the Galleryy, but said he did not have Newbee in my size. He proceed to show he brought out two other options, both platforms, and asked if they were for my wife, then girlfriend, and seemed surprised when I said they were for me, but after the initial surprise he was fine. I tried the Galleryy and found them too large. I had gotten word of an emergency job so I thanked him and went to do my job.

After that I hit another mall in Boca Raton. This is a very high end mall, and this store was even busier, with the one semi private bench to try shoes on being used for a job interview (in retrospect, I should have used that one, break in the new sales girl with a bang). I asked a sales lady about both models in 9-9.5. She had the Newbee in 9, and Galleryy in both. She also set them on a bench and handed me one to try on without prompting :D I was somewhat surprised that none of the other shoppers even batted an eye when I put them on and looked in the mirror. They seem easy to walk in, well designed.

The 9's are a bit snug, but seem to be even pressure around my feet, the 9's in the Galleryy were too small, and 9.5's too big, so I do not have much hope on the Newbee in 9.5. I may grab them, and wear them around carpeted areas to see if the Newbee's break in a bit and become comfortable, or if 20 minutes after wearing them my feet will just start to ache. 

So endith my first trip to get fitted for pumps. I wore slim fit jeans with my Adidas wedge sneakers, and knee high tights so the fit of the pumps would be right. Oh well. Boot season is coming up soon, so will have to go get a nice pair at some point this fall. 

post-289-0-32853100-1407538327_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-01375800-1407538337_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

That sounds like some helpful sales assistants and a positive shopping experience that could inspire others, thanks for sharing. From the pictures I think I prefer the styling of the Newbee more than the Galleryy (not just the heel height but the overall styling), but it's funny how that can turn around when you actually try them on. It sounds like the Newbee 9's should break in nicely for you, but maybe for the Galleryy the 9.5's with gel inserts in the front might be an option? My only reservation with that is the Galleryy's look like they have a pretty low-cut vamp already and gel inserts might exaggerate that even more.

If you like it, wear it.

Sleekheels: Yea, was a good experience, encouraging for future shopping trips for sure. The Galleryy was tried more because they were there, and they were a little higher then the pumps I have now. To be honest, they look/feel more like Pleaser Seduce pumps then non fetish shop shoes. *shrug* 

I might grab the Newbee's and wear them a little to see if they break in, or return them if my feet ache in 20 minutes. 

Sleekheels: Yea, was a good experience, encouraging for future shopping trips for sure. The Galleryy was tried more because they were there, and they were a little higher then the pumps I have now. To be honest, they look/feel more like Pleaser Seduce pumps then non fetish shop shoes. *shrug* 

I might grab the Newbee's and wear them a little to see if they break in, or return them if my feet ache in 20 minutes. 

I have the Galleryy pumps and I just can't walk very fer in them. I am new to heels but I reached a point and just can not get used to the heel I guess. Anyway hope you have fun with the new shoes..

Eager2heel: It takes quite a while to build up the ability to walk in higher heels. Finding a pair that really fits your feet can take a bit of trial and error. After trying a few hundred pairs you start to know what will or will not work quickly.

Eager2heel: It takes quite a while to build up the ability to walk in higher heels. Finding a pair that really fits your feet can take a bit of trial and error. After trying a few hundred pairs you start to know what will or will not work quickly.

A few hundred ? Wow i have a loong road ahead of me..

Eager2heel: I've never had a problem at the Nordstrom Rack off Dale Mabry, and you can also hit a few stores at the Ellington Outlet just south of 275 on i75. Just go out and see what fits. 

Hi

Here are a few addittions that I got over the past few months. The first pair are cheap 'Louboutin'-ish style booties. Really liked them for a while but couldn't find them in my size, finally I found them in the German version of the Dutch store that had them. The German store (Deichmann) had so much shoes I liked I also bought four other pairs of shoes. The black basic pumps, very comfortable and I will wear them outside soon. The sneaker style heels I liked very much too and they do feel like normal sneakers. I got them in two colors (also a beige-ish/nude-ish kind of color). The sandals caught my eye aswell so I had to have them.

interesting that others in here also buy at deichmann ;-)

they really have some nice looking shoes from time to time.. thats where i got most of mine from...

and its always ok to bring them back in case you dont like them/they dont fit.

greetings,

cgwm

Here is my latest purchase.  I realized that I hadn't visited my local Aldo store in a while.  So while I was out and about today I made sure to stop in.  For those that live in Canada I suggest you go right now if you can.  They are having a sale!  Many of their on sale shoes are an additional 50% off!  And when I got home I realized the sale is also on their website.  Bonus!

There was a decent selection at my store.  I was like a kid in a candy store browsing the shelves.  But then again I always am.  I saw a pair of silver/metallic sandals that I liked right away!  That is one color of heels that I have yet to have in my collection.  I have been looking for some but have come up empty so far.  Most of the ones I have found so far have either had too much of a platform, or they have been too glittery.  

These ones were perfect!  I asked for my usual size 10.  The young women went to the back and then came back and told me they did not have any left in my size.  I was bummed, but not for long.  They had the exact same shoe in a nude patent.  I saw those earlier on the shelve and they looke equally as good as the silver ones.  She told me they had a pair of 9's in the nude.  I had to try them!  I am normaly a 10 which used to be a 40 in euro sizing at Aldo.  But now that they have some half sizes the 40's are somehow a 9 now.

She brought them out and I proceeded to try them on.  The sales girl left to help some other customers and let me be.  She didn't even bat an eye and was treating me like any other customer.  The shoes fit!  They were just a tad on the tight side but nothing serious.  She came back to check on me as I was admiring them in the mirror.  She asked how they fit?  I said that I loved them!  She agreed that they fit well and looked good.  I told her I would be taking them and proceeded to browse a little longer before finally paying for them and leaving.

The shoes themselves were marked $44.  So with the 50% off and tax I paid $25 all told.  Sweet!  I can't wait to wear these on a future outing.  I may have to go back to Aldo soon too.  I was short on time and there was a few other shoes I wanted to try.

Here is a pic of the shoes and a link to them on the website.  The heel is listed at 4.5 inches and that is almost bang on with my measurement.  Enjoy!

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/sandals/high-heels/31906200-standhope/32

post-1352-0-19085600-1407794466_thumb.jp

Eager2heel: I've never had a problem at the Nordstrom Rack off Dale Mabry, and you can also hit a few stores at the Ellington Outlet just south of 275 on i75. Just go out and see what fits. 

Thanks I will try them. What do you think of the stores in the International Mall ?

I ended up having some extra cash last week and to my amazement these showed up on eBay at the same time.  Ended up being $30 out the door which was excellent.  They are by Iron Fist and are arguably their most popular style, green Zombie Stompers.  Iron Fist shoes tend to stop at size 11 (sometimes 10) but a few years ago, under a partnership with Torrid, a couple of their key styles were manufatured in D width up through size 12 and sold by Torrid as "Iron Fist D Width."

I wasn't heeling much at the time and as I take a women's US13 anyway, I missed out on Torrid's Iron Fist offerings.  However I know some Iron Fist shoes fit a little big as my girlfriend has a ton of them and sometimes a Torrid 12 fits me pretty nicely so I decided to go for these.  Worst case I could easily sell them back for the same or more.

Thankfully they do fit, rather perfect in fact.  They are brand new store samples and as such have only the lightest wear on the outsole of the right shoe.  My toes hang off the slightest bit but if the sizing was any different they'd either be too big or too small.  That said they fit incredibly well and are incredibly comfortable.  Seriously, I'm shocked that they feel so light when on.  They really don't go with what I'm wearing today so I'll give them a more proper break-in tomorrow but for the hour or so I wore them when they arrived - perfect.

The styling is a little out there but then again if you've seen the heels I like, these fit right in.  It's also a style my girlfriend doesn't have as neither of us were big on the design earlier, but damn I like how they look on my feet.

post-19684-0-26972900-1408057889_thumb.j

post-19684-0-96318000-1408057896_thumb.j

post-19684-0-18854700-1408057906_thumb.j

Hi

interesting that others in here also buy at deichmann ;-)

they really have some nice looking shoes from time to time.. thats where i got most of mine from...

and its always ok to bring them back in case you dont like them/they dont fit.

greetings,

cgwm

Hi cgwm,

It's one of my favorite stores! In germany they have a bigger collection in the larger sizes. And I live fairly close to the german border so i can go there quite easy. Never had an odd look when trying on heels there. And i've been at most of them in the Leer to Oldenburg area. ;-)

@Lime15

I love Iron fist, those are great and look good on you! :-)

Picked these up on E-Bay. More detail in response to the Rockstud thread.

I really like those, Jkrenzer.  Torrid had a similar style up through US13 but the heel wasn't nearly as high so I passed.

@Lime15

I love Iron fist, those are great and look good on you! :-)

Thanks!  Now the hunt is on to find a few other pairs in the larger size.

• 2 weeks later...

just buyed same pair i have previoulsy got on mori ebay shop, but in different color... i wanted to know if leather model slip less and was more resistant than the satin model...

img_8210.jpg img_8211.jpg img_8212.jpg

so, less sliping... it's same, but lether quality... i find this is cheap ! really less resistant than the satin model. so, no worry, i wear them again and again,  and the 16cm become easy to me

A couple new pairs this week, both from Type Z.

The first were a lucky find online as they've been out of stock in the larger sizes almost everywhere for a couple years.  The style name is Carla and although I'm usually a 13M I had to settle for 13W.  Now that I have them I understand why they were an available return - they fit like a 13M.  Maybe the heel cup is a tiny bit wider than usual and they're a hair long but really they fit like my usual 13M.  These are very similar to the Christian Siriano La Femme platforms that I wear quite a bit but the platform is a little higher, the heel is a little higher to match as well, the toe is slightly more rounded and the heel is much thinner.  They feel great so far and will be my shoes for today.

The second pair was purchased pre-owned, style name is Button Nose.  These simply fit perfectly.  Nice leather throughout with a silver button over the toe box of each along a strap with white stitching.  I can't wait to pair these with a pair of slacks going forward.  I've been looking for a pair of heels like these, kind of a classic office pump with a little extra style.

post-19684-0-04191300-1409251639_thumb.j

post-19684-0-28480100-1409251647_thumb.j

post-19684-0-13726800-1409251655_thumb.j

post-19684-0-21756200-1409251662_thumb.j

post-19684-0-50094300-1409251671_thumb.j

post-19684-0-42373300-1409251679_thumb.j