Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Got a pair of Nine West Nixit pumps, they are not too bad, but a bit tight on the toes, and with a little more toe cleavage then I am used to ;)  So, I think I will return em. Oh well

Too bad! Those shoes are hot!

Got a pair of Nine West Nixit pumps, they are not too bad, but a bit tight on the toes, and with a little more toe cleavage then I am used to ;)  So, I think I will return em. Oh well

I love them.  Too bad St. Louis no longer has a Nine West retail shop (only Outlet). I'd try them in 12 (even though I wear an 11 to see if they fit).

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Here is my latest acquisition.  The brand is "Paprika".  The color is hot pink/fuschia.  The heel is a little bit chunkier and measures around 5 inches with a 3/4 inch platform.  They fit me just a tad small in the toe area.  But I think I can work them in.  They look brand spanking new!  And I picked them up in a thrift store for less than $20!

post-1352-0-98813600-1402517372_thumb.jp

I'd hate or love to see what your definition of a skinny heel is.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

They do have a slightly "cone heel" appearance. My heel-shape sweet spot would be thinner than that with a nice tapered shape, but not pencil thin (they can look nice on others but they don't suit my build). Having said that I really like some chunkier heels shapes and wedges too, so it's not just about thick/thin for me, some very subtle changes in heel shape can make all difference.

If you like it, wear it.

I'd hate or love to see what your definition of a skinny heel is.

I thin I was misunderstood when I said chunky heel.  I just mean that they were a little thicker and wider than most of the stilettos I own.  But definitely not "chunky" chunky lol  And the heel is a lot more stable than most as a result.

They do have a slightly "cone heel" appearance. My heel-shape sweet spot would be thinner than that with a nice tapered shape, but not pencil thin (they can look nice on others but they don't suit my build). Having said that I really like some chunkier heels shapes and wedges too, so it's not just about thick/thin for me, some very subtle changes in heel shape can make all difference.

Cone heel was the exact word I was looking for.

Here is my latest acquisition.  The brand is "Paprika".  The color is hot pink/fuschia.  The heel is a little bit chunkier and measures around 5 inches with a 3/4 inch platform.  They fit me just a tad small in the toe area.  But I think I can work them in.  They look brand spanking new!  And I picked them up in a thrift store for less than $20!

Love those heels, MR. X

I have a similar pair from Nine West, in that same , "Hot Pink" color. Nice heel height too. Enjoy wearing that great find!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Just bought these from Payless. Fioni night Hot Date Rendezvous

FL, I like those, but when i tried them on at Payless, the heel/arch just didn't hit in the right places, and I found them to be very uncomfortable.  Are you able to wear them comfortably (inlcuding walking any distance)?

These are my new ankle-strap sandals (from New Look). I thought the heels looked a little low when I first saw them, but they are just about 4" high, and when I tried them on I rather liked the heel-height as it is, even though they don't feel too steep and I could comfortably wear a little higher. For sure I wouldn't want them any lower.

post-12051-0-01333700-1402966149_thumb.jpost-12051-0-75609900-1402966155_thumb.jpost-12051-0-01885100-1402966162_thumb.jpost-12051-0-66018300-1402966173_thumb.j

In the end I liked them so much I went back and bought a second colour - the black ones a synthetic leather-like material (and also come in a bright coral colour), the oatmeal ones are suedette. I'm thinking they'll look good with cropped skinny jeans (or a skirt/dress), it'd be a shame to hide them under bootcut jeans.

If you like it, wear it.

These are my new ankle-strap sandals (from New Look). I thought the heels looked a little low when I first saw them, but they are just about 4" high, and when I tried them on I rather liked the heel-height as it is, even though they don't feel too steep and I could comfortably wear a little higher. For sure I wouldn't want them any lower.

Posted Imageblacksandals1.jpgPosted Imageblacksandals2.jpgPosted Imageoatmealsandals1.jpgPosted Imageoatmealsandals2.jpg

In the end I liked them so much I went back and bought a second colour - the black ones a synthetic leather-like material (and also come in a bright coral colour), the oatmeal ones are suedette. I'm thinking they'll look good with cropped skinny jeans (or a skirt/dress), it'd be a shame to hide them under bootcut jeans.

Yowsa! Very nice shoes there, my friend! You did great on those purchases!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I bought these wedgie thongs from Payless last week.  They will be fun to wear this summer.  The style name is Renee.  sf

post-230-0-35756000-1403021194_thumb.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Recently I went through my heels and had a bit of a shoe purge, but the good kind where I sell or donate pairs I haven't worn in at least six months and don't have an attachment to.  It allows me to clear out some space for new shoes, so I decided to treat myself to a new pair as the price was right.  These are from Torrid and were less than US $20 all said and done.  Size is 12W but they fit pretty nice as they are JUST long enough to accommodate my feet.  It seems Torrid is shipping people size 12W's to those who order 13W's.  I've had that problem with them in the past but that's why I was able to get these at such a good price.  Really wish they would just stock standard sizes up through US13 but guys in my size can't complain.

They feel pretty solid and have an interesting shape that I wasn't expecting, kind of pinup-ish, which are the type of heels Torrid used to sell years ago.  Do need to keep on top of not snagging your hosiery on the faux zippers however!

post-19684-0-36520800-1403047197_thumb.j

post-19684-0-57472100-1403047205_thumb.j

post-19684-0-29256100-1403047215_thumb.j

post-19684-0-35704300-1403047225_thumb.j

Ok so my latest buy.

So I'm a sucker for high heels (5"+ though 5.5" ~14cm is pretty much my realistic limit, can only wear/walk in those for a few miles at most before my arches turn into razor blades).

These though, comfy, though my only gripe is the heels are semi-wobbly. So eh. But they fit me rather well enough. In short, they're the least annoying pointy toe shoes i've ever worn to date. Still breaking them in but worn them around the place whilst I clean and they're almost like wearing sneakers comfort wise. Which is odd, either i'm getting used to stupid high heels or they're just a good fit. Eh whatever, picture bomb incoming.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

From here if you want a pair (other colors, this is faux snakeskin, aka its just cut to look like snakeskin) http://www.celebboutique.com/paris-white-faux-snake-skin-point-toe-heels-us-2.html

They do ship rather quickly though so there's that.

Ok so my latest buy.

So I'm a sucker for high heels (5"+ though 5.5" ~14cm is pretty much my realistic limit, can only wear/walk in those for a few miles at most before my arches turn into razor blades).

These though, comfy, though my only gripe is the heels are semi-wobbly. So eh. But they fit me rather well enough. In short, they're the least annoying pointy toe shoes i've ever worn to date. Still breaking them in but worn them around the place whilst I clean and they're almost like wearing sneakers comfort wise. Which is odd, either i'm getting used to stupid high heels or they're just a good fit. Eh whatever, picture bomb incoming.

From here if you want a pair (other colors, this is faux snakeskin, aka its just cut to look like snakeskin) http://www.celebboutique.com/paris-white-faux-snake-skin-point-toe-heels-us-2.html

They do ship rather quickly though so there's that.

I LOVE THOSE!

Thanks 4608.  

Lime, shoes are hot. Please tell us about the quality once you get them.

Thank you.  I've had them since I took the above pictures.  The quality is.. well, it's Torrid quality in line with their current offerings.  So the soles are reasonably hard and the heel shafts feel like they were made in a rapid prototype machine - very light weight mid/low quality plastic.  That said, the uppers are much nicer on these than a lot of the other Torrid heels I've seen in the past year or so, kind of that lightly textured but still smooth and flexible faux leather.

The zipper detailing isn't all that great, having bowed open a little on one and missing a couple zipper teeth on the other.  The "open" part of the zipper on the outside of each shoe also curves outward, which is where the nylon catch comes into play.  I'll probably end up gluing that back down flush though.  None of that is visible unless you're holding the shoe up close, however.  They're not worth the $45 - $50 that Torrid tried to get for them new at retail.  For the $20 I got them for they're fun, cheap heels that I'll get a lot of wear out of. Sizing is the problem as Torrid is usually all wide in their re-branded heels or medium in most of their licensed heels.  Torrid re-brands and internal products usually go up through US13 while the medium sized shoes tend to stop at US10.  As US13 is my regular size, purchasing from them can be a bit of a crapshoot.  Additionally they do not stock size 13 in their retail stores (which I never shop anymore anyway due to limited inventory - not worth the trip).  Lately myself and a lot of others that have been ordering 13's off the Torrid website have been sent 12's or 13's with odd discrepancies.  For instance I ordered a pair of black patent spike pumps off their website, 13W.  I received a pair marked 12 (meaning 12W for Torrid) on the outsole, one of them was marked 12W on the inside while the other was marked 13W on the inside, with a sticky tag on the underside of each saying they were 13W.  Both shoes were exactly the same size as one another and exactly the same size as a pair of 12W's I was going to return to the store.  However both pairs fit SLIGHTLY differently in a way I couldn't explain.  It seems lately this is the rule rather than the exception, going by what others have said on their site reviews and Facebook comments.

For these, they are truly wide and due to the shape of the toe box they JUST fit me but could be a hair longer.  I don't really need the width but these being wide isn't a bother and unlike some of their other styles earlier this year, the vertical size of the toe box is correct and fits right.  This was a problem a few of their styles had as it was just way too high.