Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I hope they break in well. I think you were a little to aggressive to walk that far without a break-in period. Next time carry Band-aids with you, or wear nylon hosiery to prevent blisters in the first place. Take shorter walks more frequently from now on.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Steve

Here is my latest purchase.  I picked them up in a thrift store for around $10.  They have slight wear and tear but nothing major.  They have a lot of life left in them.

I noticed how high they were on the shelf straight away.  I like my shoes high!  So these were right up my alley!  I checked the size and they were an 8 1/2.  I am normally a 9 1/2 to 10.  I tried them on anyway and they fit perfectly!  I don't know if my feet are shrinking, or shoes are hit or miss.  But I find myself fitting alot more 9's and 8 1/2's lately.  I now know what women mean when they say shoes can fit large or small.  But if I can go down as much as 1 shoe size, that will definitely expand my options.  ut back to the shoes.

They definitely felt high on my feet when I tried them on.  And I like high shoes!  I estimated the heel height to be between 5 and 6 inches with a hidden platform.  When I got them home I auditioned them some more.  I also measured them and took some pics.  Cant wait to take these on an outing.  Here are some stats and pics.

The shoes themselves are "Paprika" brand.  They are dark grey with black bottoms.  The heel measures 5 1/2 inches with a 1 inch platform.  I am not a huge platform fan, but I can tolerate these.

Here is a pic of the shoes and 1 of me wearing them.  What do you think?

post-1352-0-84404800-1400709762_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-54546000-1400709793_thumb.jp

Hmm, I had to chuckle. It's because the second thumbnail made it look like the foot was missing. All was right though when I clicked on the thumbnail.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I like them - they're smart enough to wear with a suit, but they look great with jeans too. I agree the heel height is very well proportioned even with the platform, and how you've worn them with the skinny jeans really compliments them.

If you like it, wear it.

Well done, Mr. X! Those shoes are plenty sharp! Hope you enjoy them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just ordered a pair of black Laboutin Pigalles.

Were you pleased with them?

I sent mine back,

I'm not fond of the lines on the new Pigalle.

I do hope they decide better of it and revert back to the old recipe.

Yesterday I went shopping at a mall in BA. I got a pair from Zara with 12cm heel and a pair from Prüne with 10.7cm heel. They look much alike but the vamp of the Prünes is more rounded and higher.

The Zaras are labeled size 41 but look more like a 40. The Prünes are 40 but run more like a 41, with breat arch support.

post-226-0-89916300-1400861876_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-39929100-1400861896_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-19222800-1400861907_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-03763000-1400861918_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-31893400-1400861930_thumb.jpg

post-226-0-95036500-1400861941_thumb.jpg

Hey Gang, It's been quite some time since I've posted and though I show off my latest pair of heels from ShoeDazzle.  

Those have some flavor to them. I like those!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

This pair just came in the post today. From Faith and are suede

.Posted Image2014-05-29 18.24.48.jpgPosted Image2014-05-29 18.27.01.jpgPosted Image2014-05-29 19.05.17.jpg

Those have some flavor to them as well. Not jackstands but have a platform on them. I like the royal-blue type of color on them.

Good find!

-ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I ordered these from Payless today:

Posted Image

The "Hooligan Gladiator" sandal. I can't quite explain why, but there was something about these shoes with their chunky heels that appealed to me, and since they were on sale for just twenty bucks, I decided to take the plunge and ordered a pair in it's lone color, gold. Almost immediately, I envisioned myself wearing these sandals with a tank top and my long black peasant skirt. Once I get the shoes, I'll be sure to show them off to everyone.

Those look fantastic, JeffB! I haven't been on Payless's web site in a couple of weeks, so those must be new. They remind me of the Lynde block heel sandals I bought from Target a couple of weeks ago and posted about on here, including a customer review. The straps are different from yours, but the stacked heel is similar. Give us a report when you get them. Good luck and have fun wearing them.

Steve

Those look fantastic, JeffB! I haven't been on Payless's web site in a couple of weeks, so those must be new. They remind me of the Lynde block heel sandals I bought from Target a couple of weeks ago and posted about on here, including a customer review. The straps are different from yours, but the stacked heel is similar. Give us a report when you get them. Good luck and have fun wearing them.   Steve

Thanks for the kind words. I've been on a sandal kick of late as I've come to realize what great shoes they are to wear, especially at this time of year. When I saw the Hooligan Gladiators, I was immediately intrigued and decided I just had to have a pair. By the by, this made the first time I've bought shoes that weren't wedges in goodness knows when.

I've been buying too many. I'm running out of storage room.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I ordered these from Payless today:

Posted Image

The "Hooligan Gladiator" sandal. I can't quite explain why, but there was something about these shoes with their chunky heels that appealed to me, and since they were on sale for just twenty bucks, I decided to take the plunge and ordered a pair in it's lone color, gold. Almost immediately, I envisioned myself wearing these sandals with a tank top and my long black peasant skirt. Once I get the shoes, I'll be sure to show them off to everyone.

Nice looking, sandals, JeffB. I hope you enjoy wearing them.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Bought couple from payless. I haven't found any sandels or wedges that I like yet. Bought couple from payless. I haven't found any sandels or wedges that I like yet.

post-25449-0-98774800-1402163891_thumb.j

post-25449-0-60694000-1402164068_thumb.j

Got a pair of Nine West Nixit pumps, they are not too bad, but a bit tight on the toes, and with a little more toe cleavage then I am used to ;)  So, I think I will return em. Oh well

post-289-0-79783600-1402189956_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")