Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Went shopping for heels today.  Not a wide variety of stores, but stopped at Nordstrom Rack, Torrid, and Saks outlet, as well as Target.  Nordstron Rack is very disappointing these days.  They used to have a wonderful selection of size 12 heels.  Now, down to scant few pairs.  Used to be one of my favorite spots.  Now, hardly worth stopping.  Wonder what happened?  Hadn;t really shopped Torrid before.  Very disappointing there as well.  Only had maybe a handful of styles at best, and absolutely nothing that I liked.  I did try on a pair of slingback black and white striped heels just to check fit, and found them to be not all that comfortable.  I thought they were supposed to be wider widths there? Didn't expect much at Saks, but I did find an ankle boot with a 4 inch chunky heel that, if they hadn't been nearly a hundred buck, I might have been interested.  I believe they were Cole Hahn brand - nice, but...  Finally, Target has become a wasteland as well.  While I applaud the fact that they stock most every shoe they carry in size 11 (and some of their 11's actually fit me once in a while), the selection is very, very limited.  So it seems that size 12 has, once again, become difficult to find just about anywhere beyond Payless - and I just don;t see much at Payless that I like anymore (not much for jackstands at all, as ILK would put it :redface: .  So no new shoes for me.....  

Is anyone else having any better luck with large sizes?  Sure seems like the retailers are scaling back again after a flurry of availability for a while there.

Is anyone else having any better luck with large sizes?  Sure seems like the retailers are scaling back again after a flurry of availability for a while there.

Nope and as you said, Nordstrom Rack is pretty much a non-stop for me now.  They used to have a decent selection of size 13 (and tons of 12 as you said) but after a recent remodel that was the end of it.  I can find MAYBE a single pair of 13's there.

Payless has always been way more miss than hit unless I want to travel 45 minutes or so up the Bay but selections are still pretty limited and I can almost always get a better deal buying online from them.

The local Torrid used to have 12w sizes that would fit me and I would often stop in to look at their older styles, which would not only be on clearance for like $20, but were more in line with the pin-up vibe their shoes had a few years ago.  The local store closed and relocated and with it so did most of the inventory they carried.  Most of their shoes are wide width but I've noticed this past year that a lot of their sizes are mediums and stop at 10.  The best is when they re-brand shoes from another manufacturer (usually slightly scaling down the quality a bit) and offer them all the way up to 13 or 13w.  Sometimes they retain the original branding but often they're simply relabeled as Torrid.  They did this years ago with TUK (was fortunate to find a pair of heeled creepers in 12w second-hand recently that was from that era) and Iron Fist and last year with a couple styles from Dolce by Mojo Moxie (bought both styles and love them).  The rainbow leopard platforms in my avatar are from Torrid that use the upper material originally featured on a pair of TUK pumps (that were Hot Topic exclusives - not surprising as Hot Topic and Torrid are the same company) but the style is that of a pair of Iron Fist platforms, however they are Torrid branded and were only sold by Torrid stores.  It's a strange incestuous world of shoe designs over at Torrid I tell you!  And of course 95% of Torrid shoe purchases (unless specifically branded as a different manufacturer) will come without a box - which irritates me as it's not like they ask $20 for their shoes and often they get beat up in warehousing and/or transit because they are not properly packed.  Lately they've also been sending 12w marked with a sticker as 13w and it seems this has happened to other people as well looking at some product reviews.  Hopefully they'll go back to the pin-up and classic style pumps they used to sell and dump the frumpy old lady shoes they've been selling for the past year or so.  I buy so much less stuff there these days as their offerings have become overpriced (always were a little to begin with) and ugly for the most part.  A shame as between my girlfriend and myself I've probably spent thousands with them over the years.

So with that I'm pretty much down to online purchases as I'll only drop into a Nordstrom Rack or Torrid if I happen to be in the vicinity of one and my hopes are pretty low going in.  No more making specific trips to look for shoes.

Hi everybody!

This are my new wedges sneakers!I think i will soon do my first outing in "heels" with them!!

=> Nice :)

MLRosePlant : Im digging those loafers for some reason. Dunno what it is about them, but I could see myself owning something of the sorts in the future.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Nope and as you said, Nordstrom Rack is pretty much a non-stop for me now. They used to have a decent selection of size 13 (and tons of 12 as you said) but after a recent remodel that was the end of it. I can find MAYBE a single pair of 13's there. Payless has always been way more miss than hit unless I want to travel 45 minutes or so up the Bay but selections are still pretty limited and I can almost always get a better deal buying online from them. The local Torrid used to have 12w sizes that would fit me and I would often stop in to look at their older styles, which would not only be on clearance for like $20, but were more in line with the pin-up vibe their shoes had a few years ago. The local store closed and relocated and with it so did most of the inventory they carried. Most of their shoes are wide width but I've noticed this past year that a lot of their sizes are mediums and stop at 10. The best is when they re-brand shoes from another manufacturer (usually slightly scaling down the quality a bit) and offer them all the way up to 13 or 13w. Sometimes they retain the original branding but often they're simply relabeled as Torrid. They did this years ago with TUK (was fortunate to find a pair of heeled creepers in 12w second-hand recently that was from that era) and Iron Fist and last year with a couple styles from Dolce by Mojo Moxie (bought both styles and love them). The rainbow leopard platforms in my avatar are from Torrid that use the upper material originally featured on a pair of TUK pumps (that were Hot Topic exclusives - not surprising as Hot Topic and Torrid are the same company) but the style is that of a pair of Iron Fist platforms, however they are Torrid branded and were only sold by Torrid stores. It's a strange incestuous world of shoe designs over at Torrid I tell you! And of course 95% of Torrid shoe purchases (unless specifically branded as a different manufacturer) will come without a box - which irritates me as it's not like they ask $20 for their shoes and often they get beat up in warehousing and/or transit because they are not properly packed. Lately they've also been sending 12w marked with a sticker as 13w and it seems this has happened to other people as well looking at some product reviews. Hopefully they'll go back to the pin-up and classic style pumps they used to sell and dump the frumpy old lady shoes they've been selling for the past year or so. I buy so much less stuff there these days as their offerings have become overpriced (always were a little to begin with) and ugly for the most part. A shame as between my girlfriend and myself I've probably spent thousands with them over the years. So with that I'm pretty much down to online purchases as I'll only drop into a Nordstrom Rack or Torrid if I happen to be in the vicinity of one and my hopes are pretty low going in. No more making specific trips to look for shoes.

I completely agree with everything you said about Torrid. They used to be a guaranteed stop for a shoe fix but their styles have turned to crap. I have really wondered what happened in their organization that lead to this. Also, it appears that Payless must have dropped the Brash line. Very bummed about that. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

So, finally got my first pair of red stilettos (and a more really light pink/skintone color). Wasn't a huge fan of the idea of wearing lipstick red shoes but they actually look better than i'd expected.

Probably not the best to take a picture on a red glass table but whatever. They were on sale and cheap so I bought 2 pair and the brand is turkish i believe (issimo, the i has a diacritic and all i know of turkish is that i is nothing like latin i but i digress). They fit well enough at the end of the day and aren't weird to walk in despite the really high heels. Now I just wish I woulda bought more of the other colors on sale. Oh well. Anyway pictures:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BOTH OF THOSE PUMPS!!!

These are my new bright pink suedette courts.

post-12051-0-92825200-1398037861_thumb.jpost-12051-0-83584800-1398037874_thumb.j

http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/pink-back-bow-court-shoes_298401577

They have 1.5" platform and 5.5" heel. I was a little unsure about the bows on the back as they look quite large on the shoes, but when I tried them on the bows looked surprisingly well-proportioned and pretty.

When the sunny weather returns I'm thinking of wearing them with a matching pink tshirt, mid-blue denim jacket and white super-skinny jeans or a white knee-length pencil skirt.

If you like it, wear it.

So a few new pairs of things.

I've worn these out already and dinged up one of the heels, but such fun shoes to wear. Giuseppe Zanotti Justin pumps I got on sale a while back. I want MOAR of these type they're awesome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And some DKNY wedge sneakers that are actually almost as high as the above. Just worn inside a bit but really easy to wear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And last up a new pair of Michael Kors Glitter pumps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And me today wearing them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

On a side note, skinny jeans/leggings are really comfortable and growing on me.

Hey there, saudade! Great shoes! I especially liked the Michael Kors pumps! Bravo to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Snakeskin almost always ranks high with me and it does in this case.

Hidden heel sneakers just look plain weird to me. Sorry.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

These are my new bright pink suedette courts.

Posted Image298401577D2.jpegPosted Image298401577D3.jpeg

http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/pink-back-bow-court-shoes_298401577

They have 1.5" platform and 5.5" heel. I was a little unsure about the bows on the back as they look quite large on the shoes, but when I tried them on the bows looked surprisingly well-proportioned and pretty.

When the sunny weather returns I'm thinking of wearing them with a matching pink tshirt, mid-blue denim jacket and white super-skinny jeans or a white knee-length pencil skirt.

Nice looking pink pumps. Hope you enjoy wearing them.

I waiting for Payless to restock their Karmen pumps in the Hot Pink color. The area manager tells me they will be available soon. I hope so, as I want to wear them with a pink ensemble this spring. That pump was a complete sell out in both the white and hot pink colors. That manager told me they could of sold double the amount of those colors.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I completely agree with everything you said about Torrid. They used to be a guaranteed stop for a shoe fix but their styles have turned to crap. I have really wondered what happened in their organization that lead to this.

Also, it appears that Payless must have dropped the Brash line. Very bummed about that.

Best,

Larry

I think we spoke too soon about the Brash line as Payless just offered up a few new styles, one of which I purchased instantly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Available in both cognac with gold hardware and black with silver hardware.  I went for the cognac as I think it pops a little more and regret not picking up heels from Payless in the past that were offered in that color.

Once they arrive I'll give a full rundown and full review and of course post the same over at Payless.

I just wonder why the ebb and flow on large sizes?  It has been that way for a while it seems - large selection, many stores with larger sizes - then we go the other direction with few large sizes and many stores going back to 10 as their largest size.  DO people with large feet only buy shoes in times of economic stability?  Makes me wonder...alot.

I think we spoke too soon about the Brash line as Payless just offered up a few new styles, one of which I purchased instantly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Available in both cognac with gold hardware and black with silver hardware. I went for the cognac as I think it pops a little more and regret not picking up heels from Payless in the past that were offered in that color.

Once they arrive I'll give a full rundown and full review and of course post the same over at Payless.

Yeah, I saw those yesterday and was trying to remember which thread I posted that in so I could correct myself. Glad to see that the brand is not gone.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Got love these new Nine West 4.8" D'Orsay heels. Just arrived and amazing out of the box fit and feel. I left them a glowing review and stated I was a guy. All I can say is get yours before they are gone.

I already wore these a couple hours prior to taking the pictures. I bought them in size 10.5 and they are extremely true to size. I really love the toe box cut, very sexy in my opinion.

post-1756-0-55119800-1398207011_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-38890800-1398207026_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-49230000-1398207038_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-65638200-1398207050_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very unique. More of a half D'Orsay with a closed outside and open inside.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

So Payless sent me an email last week, giving me a 25% discount for my birthday - I  felt obligated to at least try and use it, especially considering that their BOGO sale is going on. Anyway, i walked away with a pair of brown "Posey" wedge slides and a pair of white with black trim "Yolanda" wedge sandals for a total cost of $18.75! Happy birthday to me!

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

post-16522-0-30273000-1398282038_thumb.jpost-16522-0-65594600-1398282084_thumb.jpost-16522-0-20631300-1398282261_thumb.jI bought these a couple of weeks ago from payless and have been waiting for a spring day. I had a couple of nice days so I wore them out and have recived nothing but great commenits about them. Also another pair that I bought on line.

Got love these new Nine West 4.8" D'Orsay heels. Just arrived and amazing out of the box fit and feel. I left them a glowing review and stated I was a guy. All I can say is get yours before they are gone.

I already wore these a couple hours prior to taking the pictures. I bought them in size 10.5 and they are extremely true to size. I really love the toe box cut, very sexy in my opinion.

Nice!  Are those a recent style from Nine West?  Interesting, because they haven't used the 9West logo in some time, everything went to the spelled out NineWest.  I do like the cut of the toe box as well.

Posted ImageDSCN0079.JPGPosted ImageDSCN0080.JPGPosted ImageDSCN0071.JPGI bought these a couple of weeks ago from payless and have been waiting for a spring day. I had a couple of nice days so I wore them out and have recived nothing but great commenits about them. Also another pair that I bought on line.

Those are nice looking pumps, from Payless. I'm still waiting, to hopefully get a pair of the "Karmen" pumps, in the hot pink color. The manager keeps saying that they are going to be resupplied in that popular color. Hopefully, she is right.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I needed a pair of tan or khaki colored shoes for being more ' proper ' at events/debates and such. I can say Im now a fan of Kenneth Cole's ' Reaction ' line of footware. I not only have the ' nude ' or tan colored shoe, I also have the same pair in black.

The soles are a very soft and flexible rubber compound and even in rain they grab the surface quite firmly, no slipping. They dont even make much noise on hardwood flooring.

The second pair is of BCBG Generations. I need to find a way to get the Bows off without wrecking the whole thing. I bought them first and wore then out for a night and went to DSW where I found the Kenneth Coles. I dont think I will be wearing the BCBG ones too much as they are ( as Gramdma put it ) ' too lady like for a guy, the other ones are more fitting for you with cargo pants '.

post-12379-0-68192500-1398470167_thumb.j

post-12379-0-30158100-1398470187_thumb.j

post-12379-0-78477500-1398470211_thumb.j

post-12379-0-71876700-1398470229_thumb.j

post-12379-0-54342700-1398470404_thumb.j

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I needed a pair of tan or khaki colored shoes for being more ' proper ' at events/debates and such. I can say Im now a fan of Kenneth Cole's ' Reaction ' line of footware. I not only have the ' nude ' or tan colored shoe, I also have the same pair in black.

The soles are a very soft and flexible rubber compound and even in rain they grab the surface quite firmly, no slipping. They dont even make much noise on hardwood flooring.

The second pair is of BCBG Generations. I need to find a way to get the Bows off without wrecking the whole thing. I bought them first and wore then out for a night and went to DSW where I found the Kenneth Coles. I dont think I will be wearing the BCBG ones too much as they are ( as Gramdma put it ) ' too lady like for a guy, the other ones are more fitting for you with cargo pants '.

Hmm! An interesting design for those shoes I must say.

Just ordered a pair of black Laboutin Pigalles.

Exciting! Will there be pictures?

Nice heels all, ILK.  But while I agree with your assessment of the BCBG heels being a "bit too lady like", they are my favorite of the group.  I love the toe box and the small bow is just the right ornament.  So buy a pair of those for your lady instead!  I'm sure they'd look fabulous on her!  

BTW, are those size 11?  Are they still available?