Who has bought some new shoes

gj

They're not new, and I didn't buy them. I'm commandeering them. I was idly staring at my wife's huge collection of shoes, and noticed something odd. This pair of Söfft sandals just looked too big. That's because they ARE too big. A 9 narrow. No way those are ever going to fit her 7.5-8 wide-ish feet. But they actually fit me perfectly! I'm taking them! Wonder how she'll take the news when she gets home? They are way lower than anything I'd buy for myself, but they are just super cute. All that remains to be done is just wait for Spring!

Sofft, are nice shoes . I have a couple of pairs in a similar style from Sofft. I bought them last spring. One color is Peony Pink and the other is Royal Blue, in a slide with a 3-1/2" stacked heel. I like wearing them and have gotten nothing but positive comments from the ladies on the bright colors.

Steve, knows that I like to wear lots of colorful looking shoes. I have 6 different colors of UGGS, "Tawnie" wedge heel sandals, that I match with the colors of the outfits I'm wearing.

Enjoy your find!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Had to wait in town, so I ventured into the local Payless. Noticed some new associates working, so I decided to take a more serious look around. The associates didn't bother me, and seemed to stay away. In this particular store, the mens shoes are on the opposite side of the aisle I wanted to look at anyways.

Picked out a couple options in my size on clearance. Opted for the Brash Kosmic Pumps in a tan/brown leather look. Not patent. We will see how these fare as I break them in.

Oh - - on sale for $7.00 - down from $34.00

This is the Payless where in the past, the sales associated were 'freaked out' by me. They wanted no part of me, so seeing new associates was a pleasant surprise.

Steve, I did indeed get the sandals, but reluctantly. The wife does not at all like the idea of me wearing these outside the house, as she feels they are too femmy for me. She also raised objections to a number of my other pairs of shoes and boots, but that whole discussion is for another thread.

The reason why she bought them is because she THINKS they fit her. She put one on to show me, and she is partially correct. They fit her just great, except that there's a good 3/4 of an inch of sandal beyond the end of her big toe. So then I put on the other one to show her how it ought to look. It was then that she said, "OK, you can have them, but.  .  ."  And then that started a rather long discussion that really made me kind of sad.

Mlroseplant,

Here's a suggestion to deal with that, but it will take patience on your part, a lot of it, and there is no guarantee of success.

The idea is to condition your wife to get used to your wearing them. Wear them in the house often, in front of her. Wear them only with long bootcut jeans which cover part of the heel. With repeated exposure, and as she gets accustomed to seeing them on you, and as she learns over time how much you really love them, she might build up confidence and realize they're not so bad on you after all, and not so femmy with long jeans. Don't wear the sandals at home with shorts, as bare legs will accent the femmy nature of those thin heels, and that will condition her the wrong way.

Take an opportunity every once in a while to comment to your wife on how much it means to you to have her approval to wear those sandals indoors. Reward her with kisses, presents, flowers, dinners out, etc., so she is conditioned to learn that if she lets you do what you want, she benefits also, and your relationship improves. That will build her confidence and she won't feel that you're choosing between her and the sandals.

Plan for this process to take months, though, and don't push the envelope too fast or she will resist. It might not result in success, but it's worth trying. The longer she is conditioned, the better your chances of being able to wear them out in public (with long jeans, like SF and I would wear them), and I wish you success! Keep us posted on the progress.

Maybe SF can weigh in on this situation and offer suggestions, since he likes those types of sandals a lot, too.

Steve

Can't argue with Steve's advice. Continued persistence on your part is likely to create a situation between you that might be hard to handle. Once solid relationships have been desolved over lesser issues. Time to back off a bit and let her know she is far more important to you than high heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I brought these heels last week from DSW. They are by Guess and they are too sexy! They are five and a half inch stiletto heels and they feel great. I love they way they show off my arch in my feet.

I bought these a while back in black and loved how they looked on my feet,  so I saved up and bought them in sandstone too. They're from New Look, the larger sizes are out of stock on the website but you may find them in stores. A couple of other court shoe styles I tried on didn't feel very comfortable but I found these to be a nice fit

http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-knotted-peep-toe-platform-heels_298248801

post-12051-0-79012200-1394069034_thumb.jpost-12051-0-43150900-1394069079_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

I already wrote about these new shoes but this time I have proof:  A picture!!  The heels are Aerosoles "Magical Power," my first pair of pumps.  Being mostly a sandal guy, I had been wanting to try some pumps for a while, I just had to find a pair that I like.  These are them…   I describe them as a lower heel loafer, very comfortable and I like the look.  My wife still says they are "granny shoes," but what does she know.  ha ha   Here are the pics…  take care all, sf

post-230-0-29772800-1394565056_thumb.jpg

post-230-0-52734600-1394565079_thumb.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF:

Those are VERY practical and can fit with a lot of different/variable outfits. Theres something I admire about the ' kitten ' type of heel. I dont know exactly what it is. Probably because its not a Jackstand or a stiletto-type weapon for a heel. Its different and will stand out.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hey guys, Thanks for the positive comments.  I have been wearing these pumps out a lot, and they get more comfy each time I wear them.  I am seriously thinking about a second pair!!  take care all…  sf

I'll echo what has already been said, nice look, SF! Been away for a while as work has been taking up much of my time with long hours making me dead tired and wanting to do not much other than go to work and come home.  However I thought I earned myself a little retail therapy and made a couple of purchases recently.  Things thin out next week and I look forward to utilizing my purchases.

First is a pair I've been after for years but never seem to find in US13.  My girlfriend has a pair of these in raspberry but I've wanted black patent for myself.  I was finally able to track down a pair.  These are old Payless heels under the Fioni line, model name is Joy.  These fit amazingly well, probably the best fitting pair of heels I have ever worn.  Now that they tend to offer plenty of inventory in larger sizes I wish Payless would go back to basic pumps like these with lots of patent and tons of colors like they used to.

Second pair is from Preview International, which I believe to be a house brand of Nordstrom primarily at Nordstrom Rack locations.  I haven't been in a Nordstrom Rack location since the ones near me removed all US13 shoes during renovations late last year (tons more 12M however, which I've never been able to squeeze into) so I'm not certain.  I've had bad luck with this brand in the past as they always seem to fit extremely tight around the toe box and heel without any give to make me feel that they can be better broken in.  I took a gamble with these but I've wanted a pair of classic open toe black patent pumps for awhile.  As I feared, they do fit tight around the toe box but not bad enough to be of any real concern.  I've worn them twice, for less than two hours each time, and by the second wear they felt much better even though they've hardly been worn.  Worst case I'll just stretch them a bit but I really think they'll work out fine with regular breaking in.

post-19684-0-87224600-1395359685_thumb.j

post-19684-0-37488900-1395359694_thumb.j

post-19684-0-54319000-1395359703_thumb.j

post-19684-0-19634300-1395360148_thumb.j

post-19684-0-31793800-1395360155_thumb.j

post-19684-0-39771900-1395360165_thumb.j

The tan sandals are from Skechers, there just happens to be an outlet store on the way to work lol. The red ones are Candies from Kohls which I have been drooling over for wuite some time.

post-3437-0-86648100-1395687756_thumb.jp

post-3437-0-45993200-1395687796_thumb.jp

post-3437-0-50255400-1395687853_thumb.jp

post-3437-0-91823200-1395687896_thumb.jp

After a wasted trip to Payless Saturday afternoon , my wife and I went to Zappo's outlet store (6pm Outlet) . They have redone the store , so I had to check things out .

So after a look around and finding my size (women's 12) had nothing to my taste my wife says let's check out the 11s . I said this will  just be a tease because they never fit. She saw a pair of platform peep toe pumps by Luichiny  and said try them on ,they look like they will fit. Being her loyal husband , I had to try. To my shock they fit and were a size 11 M . Needless to say I was floored. I found walking in them was quite comfortable and loved the way they looked on me as did my wife. The retail price was $79.95 and rang up $31.98 and saved $47.97 a 60% discount. Not bad in my book. The moral of all this, Try other sizes you may be surprised !!!post-7601-0-98127700-1395694328_thumb.jp

Good advice, I usually wear a women's 11, but have found shoes that fit from a size 10 to a size 12.  When in doubt try them on.  That's why I much prefer to try shoes on in the store instead of buying online - and yes I understand many times that is not always possible.  

It is really nice that your wife is also with you shoe shopping.  My wife goes with me too, and sometimes she even buys me shoes!!  She is a great gal.  

We BOTH are lucky!!!

Take care…  sf

The tan sandals are from Skechers, there just happens to be an outlet store on the way to work lol. The red ones are Candies from Kohls which I have been drooling over for wuite some time.

Very nice heels. I especially like the red Candies. They look great on you. I have a similar pair from Nine West, in royal blue/purple, that I bought on clearance from the Nine West,  outlet store for about $15.00 late last fall. I'm awaiting warmer weather so I can wear them out.

I hope you enjoy wearing yours!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Whenever I've saved up some fashion money I've usually spent it on something that I'd make more use of on a day-to-day basis, like these black strappy wedge sandals I found for £11 in the sales recently to match the stone-coloured ones I bought last summer:

post-12051-0-60718900-1396049816_thumb.jpost-12051-0-85212500-1396050090_thumb.j

On both occasions I tried them on in store, initially thinking the straps were too wide and that the double ankle-strap was a bit too much, but actually I found them much more flattering to my feet than I expected and I really enjoy wearing them. My only gripe (especially for the £28 full-price I paid for the first ones) is that they could've been made from a more durable material as they've shown signs of wear-and-tear very quickly.

I've also been looking at these next ones for a while now but they seemed like "occasion" shoes that I wouldn't wear very often so I couldn't justify the £30 price. But I recently thought of a couple of outfits I could wear them with (they even looked quite good with jeans when I tried them on in store) and I had a £5 discount voucher so I treated myself:

post-12051-0-45617400-1396051151_thumb.jpost-12051-0-61562600-1396051168_thumb.jpost-12051-0-00583800-1396051207_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Oh this thread has been moved........... The work of dear shafted no doubt? Finally I can post here! :-)

Please do. It would be good to see what kinds of selections / styles your buying these days.

Oh this thread has been moved........... The work of dear shafted no doubt? Finally I can post here! :-)

That's exactly what I had in mind. Also, the threads have been pinned to save members from having to chase these popular threads.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Please do. It would be good to see what kinds of selections / styles your buying these days.

I've recently been busy expanding my Casadei collection (thanks to their recent sale) I now have two pairs of Blades, both black, one patent which I added to my existing cream peplum and black Softymetal "T" straps.

My current project is Sandals for 2014 which I'm struggling with to be honest.