Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Hope to pick these up on Saturday, Going back to safe and boring Black ?

Went to a large department store to pick up the shoes that I had ordered. I handed the collection order to a young male sales assistant who then disappeared into the stock room. He quickly returned empty handed and looking flustered, handed me back the papers saying "Their not there ! " and run off to serve another customer.

A senior female assistant had seen this and went over to speak to him. She then came over to me asked for the collection order, disappeared into the stock room and came back carrying the shoes and apologizing profusely, It seemed it was the lads first day on the shop floor, I think he is in for a steep learning curve if he is going to remain in retail and maybe the store should be doing a bit more training before they let them loose on the public!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThese are my latest acquisitions. I had to order from Payless.com it seems Payless is backing away from the larger sizes.To those who are anti-platform sorry. Hope the rest of you all enjoy. They all fit well and very comfortable as heels go. Happy Holidays everyone ! 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThese are my latest acquisitions. I had to order from Payless.com it seems Payless is backing away from the larger sizes.To those who are anti-platform sorry. Hope the rest of you all enjoy. They all fit well and very comfortable as heels go. Happy Holidays everyone ! 

nice purchase..

That's a coincidence. I've bought a couple of wedges myself. Will post some pictures when I've taken them.

I found a picture of them online. They're the most comfortable heels I have to this date. Can wear them all day without even the smallest of pains. And they are so incredibly soft on the inside, you wouldn't believe it. 

All that for barely €15,- I love sale :)

post-19552-0-75435700-1385999028_thumb.j

Check my site: www.incredibleheels.com

Patent black courts with strap. I have a similar pair in plain black which I really like so when I saw these I had to get them. I recently started liking patent shoes. Like the wedges, good for public wearing as not as noticable that they are high heels, especially if wearing longer trousers or jeans. Everyone should have a pair of black court shoes

post-2264-0-27428900-1386011037_thumb.jp

post-2264-0-01660300-1386011049_thumb.jp

post-2264-0-53500200-1386011059_thumb.jp

Congrats on your first pair of pumps, NewfieGuyInHeels! As you'll find out, pumps require an whole different set of skills and muscle control than boots do. If you have become comfortable with handling boots, pumps are the next logical step. They really show of your skills at handling high heels. The other thing is that they allow you to coordinate hosiery/stockings with them to show them to the best effect.

Enjoy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Congrats, Newfie! That first pair of pumps you bought looks nice, and the low heels should make walking in them easy for you as you get used to that type of shoe. Meanwhile, Shafted is quite right, wearing pumps will open up a whole new world in terms of heeling. Good luck to you with your purchase!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Very nice, classic choice NewfieGuyInHeels! These were waiting for me when I got home.  Del Quilted by Corso Como, a Nordstrom return I purchased second hand.  There have been a few - and let me stress a few - quilted designs over the years I've liked, same with cap toes, but rare is it to find them in US13.  This combination of the two resulted in a heel I really liked the look of and when a pair in my size happened to come along, I couldn't pass them up, especially for like $35 out the door.

They are extremely comfortable so far with a leather footbed with additional padding at both the ball and heel.  They're also extremely solid and feel great to walk in.  There is a gap around the arch of the foot, as was expressed by many reviewers, but somehow it doesn't impede the fit or support.  I'll have to wear them more to see but as things go now they fit great both with and without hosiery.  Everything about these shoes feels welcoming and of quality.

post-19684-0-84704900-1386023847_thumb.j

post-19684-0-88951600-1386023853_thumb.j

post-19684-0-22700100-1386023862_thumb.j

post-19684-0-62954400-1386023872_thumb.j

Thanks Jeff, Shafter, and lime! I actually have a pair of Brash Cosmics from Payless, black suede platform stiletto courts. I walk really well in them (or as I'm told by our friends). So it's not that skills are a problem with pumps. It's just a mental thing with pumps, I feel perfectly comfortable wearing any boots from a platform wedge, to a pointed toe stiletto. But then when faced with the idea of wearing a shoe that shows the top of my foot and I go right back to being nervous like when I started wearing heels. Seems silly, but I'm sure I'll overcome it.

And just to stay on topic, here's a pic of the above mentioned shoes

Posted Image

Newfie: That sort of sounds like the lament thighbootguy expressed once when it came to wearing pumps instead of boots. But, as with all things, it's simply a matter of practice, getting used to something different, or relatively different. Once that sense of familiarity sets in, any nervousness you might feel will go away and you'll come to enjoy what you wear. Keep on keeping on!

Patent black courts with strap. I have a similar pair in plain black which I really like so when I saw these I had to get them. I recently started liking patent shoes.

Like the wedges, good for public wearing as not as noticable that they are high heels, especially if wearing longer trousers or jeans.

Everyone should have a pair of black court shoes

Nice shoes.  While I'll always love a great stiletto heel, I am beginning to appreciate the chunkier styles more and more.  I think they look a bit better on the typically heavier and larger mans leg and foot.  A bit more in balance with the size of the person, I guess.  Not sure I'd have the stones to wear black patent out and about, but I do like those alot!

I am curious as to why you mention that "it seems Payless is backing away from the larger sizes"  Is there something I hadn't noticed, as just about all of their shoes are available at least to 12, and most to 13.  Unless there are some new items that aren;t going that high any more?

While I'll always love a great stiletto heel, I am beginning to appreciate the chunkier styles more and more.  I think they look a bit better on the typically heavier and larger mans leg and foot.  A bit more in balance with the size of the person, I guess. 

Ron, I've been saying that for years. And I feel that it is not just on men. Big women don't look particular good tottering on stiletto heels either. Stilettos look best on thin people. The thin heel matches and complements the slender build of the wearer. Bigger, stockier, guys and gals should go for thicker heels in my opinion.

Steve

RonC , You are correct about Payless carrying most styles in the larger sizes. Here are my issues they never have the women's 11,12 or 13 in stock and what stock they do have is something I would not force on my worst enemy. Believe it or not some people like to try the shoes on before purchase and why should I have to tie my money up with Payless waiting on the order then find out I don't like the fit just to have to drive 80 miles round trip to the nearest Payless store for an exchange for another size. I always hear the same line..."You can order it on line' or you can wait 2 weeks and get another size shipped in the store at no cost . That's funny and getting a little tiresome to hear. I am looking for another shoe store in my area. I just get aggravated that I have to waste so much time waiting when they should have the styles in the store. I understand about size issues related to the sales demography. Long story short it's just more fun to go shopping in person than key punching on the computer. Just out of curiosity Ron , how far do live from Sharonville, OH that is where my Payless orders ship from . I am between Louisville, Ky and Cincinnati, OH . To get the larger sizes from Payless I have to travel to Shively and that is located in the west end of metro Louisville. 

Ron, I've been saying that for years. And I feel that it is not just on men. Big women don't look particular good tottering on stiletto heels either. Stilettos look best on thin people. The thin heel matches and complements the slender build of the wearer. Bigger, stockier, guys and gals should go for thicker heels in my opinion.

Steve

Very true, but some heavier women can get away with thin heels.  My wife was never what I'd call thin, but she still wore stilettos, and they looked good on her.  Don't misunderstand, she wasn't huge, but certainly not slim.  Of course now, with her bad feet, heels are a thing of the past (darn it!).  But you are correct, for most heavier, larger folks, I think a bit of girth to the heel can be a good thing.  But as you can see in my avatar, that doesn't stop me from liking, and wearing, spike heels....lol.  I don't wear those in public, however.  I stick with chunky heels for that.

RonC , You are correct about Payless carrying most styles in the larger sizes. Here are my issues they never have the women's 11,12 or 13 in stock and what stock they do have is something I would not force on my worst enemy. Believe it or not some people like to try the shoes on before purchase and why should I have to tie my money up with Payless waiting on the order then find out I don't like the fit just to have to drive 80 miles round trip to the nearest Payless store for an exchange for another size. I always hear the same line..."You can order it on line' or you can wait 2 weeks and get another size shipped in the store at no cost . That's funny and getting a little tiresome to hear. I am looking for another shoe store in my area. I just get aggravated that I have to waste so much time waiting when they should have the styles in the store. I understand about size issues related to the sales demography. Long story short it's just more fun to go shopping in person than key punching on the computer. Just out of curiosity Ron , how far do live from Sharonville, OH that is where my Payless orders ship from . I am between Louisville, Ky and Cincinnati, OH . To get the larger sizes from Payless I have to travel to Shively and that is located in the west end of metro Louisville. 

Maninpumps, I misunderstood.  I thought you were saying they were no longer offering large sizes.  You meant in store.  I agree.  In many stores, size 11 is about all you get, and even then the selection is 1/2 of the other sizes.  I am fortunate that in my area, there are several stores that do carry at least a decent selection of size 12.  My issue with Payless is sizing.  I just bought a pair of their Helen pumps (see pic below), one of the "comfort" styles, which I thought would be the equivalent of the Karmen style.  For me, the Karmens, even in a 12 wide, are a bit snug, so I thought 12 medium would be necessary.  I tried them on in-store and thought that they certainly felt a bit larger than the Karmens, but thought that would be a good thing.  However, I got them home and wore them for a 1/2 hour and when I got up to walk, I was walking out of them, especially the left shoe (my right foot is probably close to a 1/2 size larger than my left).  So now I really can't wear them much, as they fall of my feet.  Very disappointing.  I guess my issue is more the width of a shoe, as to get sufficient width, I have to size up.  But then when they loosen a bit, they are too long.  Probably need to have a double wide in womens (I most often wear a wide in mens shoes), say an 11 WW, but try finding a decent looking pair of heels in that size!  And even if you do, by the time they get that wide, they start to not look so good.  Ah, the trails and tribulations of a man trying to wear a shoe designed for a woman.....

Posted Image

The rest of my orders came in yesterday and for the most part I'm pleased.

First pair, from Torrid, tie front pinup pumps.  These are a hair big as they are a wide and I am not.  Of course the tie closed style means they fit fine but with nearly all Torrid shoes I'm in between their 12w and 13w.  I didn't want my feet to feel like they were shoved in the shoes so I went for 13w with these.  They're actually very comfortable, especially for the height.  I'm going to drop in a footbed pad to both make them feel spectacular and also to take up some of the width.  I'm actually impressed at how well I've been doing in these, as I wore them all night yesterday and most of this morning without any issues.  The one thing I really don't like is the stitching down near the vamp.  This is kind of a high stress point shoes and having the uppers come together there maybe wasn't the best idea.  Immediately the stitching around the top began to stretch a bit.  It looks like it may have relaxed and will be fine but I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Second pair, from Torrid again, black patent spike pumps.  These are 12w as they were the last pair in stock online and came out to less than $10 with a couple different promotions.  I'm really impressed with the quality of these, for Torrid heels anyway.  They fit alright but I'll need to stretch them a little as my middle toe is a little cramped in each shoe.  Can't argue for the price and the look though.  I know with these a 13w, if available, would have been too big.

Third pair, Stella by Bouquets, navy satin with gold trim.  I've seen these around for awhile and wasn't very interested until recently.  I don't know why but they just became desirable for me.  The navy color is very dark, so it almost changes between dark navy and eggplant depending on the lighting.  Extremely comfortable with a plush area at the ball of the foot and a great insole.  These are going to be no hosiery shoes though since, other than being open toe, they fit too loose with hosiery.  I didn't want to change when I took the pictures but these fit and feel great with bare legs.

post-19684-0-79780400-1386373569_thumb.j

post-19684-0-22320900-1386373578_thumb.j

post-19684-0-92370300-1386373585_thumb.j

post-19684-0-01571700-1386373818_thumb.j

post-19684-0-55454200-1386373825_thumb.j

post-19684-0-98809600-1386373834_thumb.j

post-19684-0-16759200-1386374080_thumb.j

post-19684-0-31402800-1386374087_thumb.j

My old black flats recently fell to pieces (the outer and sole were fine, just the inner lining shredded). I shopped around and tried several styles, finally finding a new pair that I really like.

post-12051-0-80101700-1386376704_thumb.j

As I headed home I couldn't help thinking they'd be a very nice style with heels too. A couple of weeks later when I was browsing I had a really nice surprise when I came across a high-heeled version.

post-12051-0-75305000-1386376993_thumb.j

I naively thought I had enough black heels in my collection but obviously not, I just couldn't resist buying them. They're the only style I've got excited about for weeks now. I love how they look barefoot, and sheer tights (tan or black) would look great too, but I also really like the idea of wearing them with black opaque tights.

post-12051-0-31358300-1386377340_thumb.j

They're from New Look (as are the flats) but I've only seen them in a couple of stores, not at all on the web site.  I've only worn them for a little while at home but so far they seem pretty comfortable and a good fit, I can't wait to wear them out and about one day soon. They have 5½" heels with a 1½" platform.

If you like it, wear it.

Nice looking shoes, SleekHeels. Hope you enjoy wearing them. I like to wear hose with my heels. The bare feet look, is just not my thing, this time of year. The black opaque tights, look great too. I would wear black sheer hosiery, wearing those heels, out.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well done, SH! Darn nice heels, my friend! Perfect shoes to show off at a holiday party! A definitely great find!

Ron..... sorry for the confusion. I should have added the words "in the stores" after stating " Payless is backing away from the larger sizes". I am not to good at stringing words together . LOL !!  :redface:

When I was doing my Halloween trials at Payless, one SA mentioned they had a very limited supply of size 12 and 13 while certain stores were deligated to have larger selections available in 12's and 13's.  Not all Payless stores are created equal with stock.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

jetheelsfan, It's my understanding that they have a "lot locator" program in the cash registers and all you have to do is give them the shoe lot # and they can find the shoe in a given area, in my case Louisville . The stores in the west end and downtown typically carry the larger sizes and they have been reducing inventory as well and the lot locators seem to say x amount available on line. Then bla bla bla same old song and dance. Then the excuses begin.  The Payless song is getting old and frankly they have taken the fun out of shopping for shoes. Payless is about the only game in town as far as large heels go. Going with Payless logic they should close all the stores ....... save the money from store operations and wages and just sell on line. Why should we bother to go out shopping and purchase clothes to wear out. We can sit in our pajamas all day and shop on line , kinda takes away the need/want to wear heels . Seems they are cutting us out of the picture.

Picked up a couple new pairs of Jeffrey Campbell platforms recently.  Fortunately I have a small enough size to buy about anything on the market (10 womens).  Anyway, I have been wanting some Jeffrey Campbells for awhile now as I'm a fan of "chunky, funky" styles more so than traditional heels.  Picked up a pair of Lula boots and Franz boots.  The Lulas are a bit over the top for me to wear them out, but the Franz boots will probably get some public wear.  In general I always wear women's cowboy boots (which are very unisex and don't draw any attention). However, that is partly due to better fit, but also more style choices.  I've posted pics of the new JC's in my gallery.

Well done, Lime15.  I have yet to try Torrid.  Do you try on in store at Torrid?

Thanks.  As for trying on in store, very rarely as they don't tend to stock size 13 in store and I can get better prices online with coupon codes.  When they're running big sales on clearance I may try on a couple size 12's they have if there's anything left I'm interested in but that's a pretty big rarity.  My local store changed locations so I don't get in much any more.

Yes, those were some fine looking acquisitions, Lime! Well done, my friend! I hope you'll enjoy them all!

Yes, those were some fine looking acquisitions, Lime! Well done, my friend! I hope you'll enjoy them all!

Thanks as always, JeffB.  A couple things I forgot to mention about Torrid were that I never had an issue trying on shoes in their stores.  They tend to have their full inventory out on the sales floor although how well organized it is depends on the staff.  As the shoes are usually directly across the store from the registers, an employee will approach you every time but as I've said, they've always had no problem.  Other patrons in the store have scoffed at me a couple times over the years but like I care and I usually shop early in the morning when I don't have to maneuver around others to shop anyway.  Also consider that Torrid shoes RARELY come in boxes unless they're products from another manufacturer that Torrid is selling.  I've complained to their customer service many times that if I'm going to put up $60+ for low to mid quality shoes, at best, then at the very least they can come in a box rather than hanging on a plastic hook.  I understand that's just my preference but I like to keep my shoes, even sneakers, boxed as it makes them easier to store and organize.

jetheelsfan, It's my understanding that they have a "lot locator" program in the cash registers and all you have to do is give them the shoe lot # and they can find the shoe in a given area, in my case Louisville . The stores in the west end and downtown typically carry the larger sizes and they have been reducing inventory as well and the lot locators seem to say x amount available on line. Then bla bla bla same old song and dance. Then the excuses begin.  The Payless song is getting old and frankly they have taken the fun out of shopping for shoes. Payless is about the only game in town as far as large heels go. Going with Payless logic they should close all the stores ....... save the money from store operations and wages and just sell on line. Why should we bother to go out shopping and purchase clothes to wear out. We can sit in our pajamas all day and shop on line , kinda takes away the need/want to wear heels . Seems they are cutting us out of the picture.

I checked out a store today and it seems they increased their shelf space :)

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Attached are some pics of my latest additions.  6" heels and flats.  Both are comfortable and very good looking.  The heels are definitely in the party shoe class, but they are remarkably stable, much more so than my next highest platforms which are 5.5".

I seem to enjoy both flats and higher heels, but not heels in between.  If I'm wearing heels, I want them to feel like real heels, not kitten heels.  (I bought a pair with 2.5" heels and can't even seem to put them on long enough to take pictures.)

The below additions are much more worthy of the expenses.

post-519-0-82748800-1386994381_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-54782300-1386994461_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-07044000-1386994492_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-56366000-1386994515_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-28010500-1386994753_thumb.jpg