Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I just got these tory burch Sophie wedges today. They even gave me a beer while I was trying on various shoes. They are very comfortable I can't wait to wear these out and about!

Very nice!! Now where is it they give out beer while trying on shoes??? :)

Here's a link:

http://bit.ly/18hfPt0

Too bad they don't come in my size as I love them!!!

I actually bought these something like four years ago. I tend to buy heels for my girlfriend when I can find specific styles at a good price then pack them up until a holiday, anniversary, or whenever. The amount of money I've saved by taking advantage of this is what has allowed her to have such a big heel collection. Well I gave her these last week and incredibly they're too big. As they're made by Ellie I went up a size, as I always do. However these are at least two sizes larger than the marked size. Her and I got to thinking quickly, 11 + 2 = 13, hey that's my size! They're tight around the toes but currently completely wearable in short stints. I've worn them a few times since and they're starting to loosen up. Only problem? She really likes them so I'll end up buying another pair.

post-19684-0-40585400-1374396525_thumb.j

post-19684-0-08813800-1374396534_thumb.j

post-19684-0-59601500-1374396541_thumb.j

I actually bought these something like four years ago. I tend to buy heels for my girlfriend when I can find specific styles at a good price then pack them up until a holiday, anniversary, or whenever. The amount of money I've saved by taking advantage of this is what has allowed her to have such a big heel collection. Well I gave her these last week and incredibly they're too big. As they're made by Ellie I went up a size, as I always do. However these are at least two sizes larger than the marked size. Her and I got to thinking quickly, 11 + 2 = 13, hey that's my size! They're tight around the toes but currently completely wearable in short stints. I've worn them a few times since and they're starting to loosen up. Only problem? She really likes them so I'll end up buying another pair.

Been awhile since I've seen spectators, and those shoes look nice.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Lime15,

I really like those peep toe pumps. They look great on you. Even though you are wearing black hose your pedi is showing. That's the same look I wore yesterday with my "Franko Sarto", black, peep toe, pumps and black hose, too. Read my post on "Heeling with bluejay".

Like you, I have bought heels that my wife likes, on me and had to buy her a matching pair too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks JeffB and bluejay!

I really like those peep toe pumps. They look great on you. Even though you are wearing black hose your pedi is showing.

No pedicure, I think it's just how the navy hose catch the light coupled with the navy heels. Although I take care of my nails, painted nails really aren't my thing.

Although I take care of my nails, painted nails really aren't my thing.

Yeah, be careful. That's what I thought a couple of years ago, too. Then I tried it, and wow - my wife loved it and so do I. I'm still not doing anything bold. I stay with the subtle colors that go well with my complexion. I favor dusky rose, satin copper, and those shades. I did get a metallic khaki color last time, and the nail tech did my ring fingernails with a white background and red and blue fireworks for the Fourth of July. As much as I thought it stood out, few people noticed, and one friend who did thought I had smashed my finger and the nail was black and blue! :penitent:

I'm hopelessly hooked on nail polish now and don't like NOT wearing it! Both fingers and toes.

Steve

Yeah, be careful. That's what I thought a couple of years ago, too. Then I tried it, and wow - my wife loved it and so do I. I'm still not doing anything bold. I stay with the subtle colors that go well with my complexion. I favor dusky rose, satin copper, and those shades. I did get a metallic khaki color last time, and the nail tech did my ring fingernails with a white background and red and blue fireworks for the Fourth of July. As much as I thought it stood out, few people noticed, and one friend who did thought I had smashed my finger and the nail was black and blue! :penitent:

I'm hopelessly hooked on nail polish now and don't like NOT wearing it! Both fingers and toes.

Honestly it's something that neither of us care for one way or the other.

I bought these black ankle strap heels, my first purchase for a long time. They seem like quite a flexible style that would look good with formal wear, but I love the idea of wearing them with cropped skinny jeans.

http://www.newlook.c...shoes_286709901

post-12051-0-52614800-1374734629_thumb.j

Nice purchase! The croc look makes those shoes pop! I hope you wear them well!

Okay, so those of you who are familiar with my taste know I favor boots. But this last month I've been craving shoes. I was in Payless last month and tried on like 10 pairs. Anyway, I've decided to give it a go, and today me and my wife are going to spring, seeing as they have an awesome sale on, and I'm gonna get these..... http://www.callitspring.com/ca-eng/sale/women/shoes/91569787-vaquerano/96 I figure you can't start buying shoes without a classic black pump. But I'm a little on the fence if I can pull them off or not, so I'm open to any and all suggestions you guys would like to give. Feel free to message them to me so this thread isn't hijacked, but I will post pics once I have them. I'm also considering this style http://www.callitspring.com/ca-eng/sale/women/shoes/94226472-tatis/96

Classic black shoes are a good way to start wearing shoes rather than just boots. I wear heels more when i'm wearing smart wear ie black trousers and shirt. I'm not sure about wearing them with a casual look / jeans.

I ended up going with these from Payless lol. I just really liked the way they felt both being on and walking in them. And for $15 it was Brash's Kosmic FTW http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/A2D516F9-6A36-4C21-A244-D7CCA3EA942F-237-0000004D82F9500A.jpg

I like the Tatis heels from your pics. Like the platform look better than the real poimty toe heels in the other pic,. JMO. You be the judge. Buy the shoes that you like the best, as you'll be the one to wear them. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Out shopping on Saturday. Found a great sale at Nine West. Since I wear a size 11 and they don't carry many, they usually bring me out all of what they currently have in stock. Sometimes, they have shoes that aren't on the floor that are deeply discounted. This was ture for the neon pink "Love Fury" that I have loved for a long time, though I would have liked them in a different color, but the neon pink has some real possibilities. The second pair are nude Botique 9 "Sally", which are very high qulailty. They were also deeply discounted, but not nearly as much.

post-1638-0-24145700-1375114327_thumb.jp

post-1638-0-50342900-1375114339_thumb.jp

Style is built from the ground up!

Nice looking heels, HappyFeat, I have a similar pair in the hot pink color from Easy Spirit in a 3-1/2" stacked heel. I like that color and do wear them out, with my white skinny ankle jeans and white capri jeans too. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Out shopping on Saturday. Found a great sale at Nine West. Since I wear a size 11 and they don't carry many, they usually bring me out all of what they currently have in stock. Sometimes, they have shoes that aren't on the floor that are deeply discounted. This was ture for the neon pink "Love Fury" that I have loved for a long time, though I would have liked them in a different color, but the neon pink has some real possibilities. The second pair are nude Botique 9 "Sally", which are very high qulailty. They were also deeply discounted, but not nearly as much.

Well done, Happyfeat! Sharp looking shoes I must say! So, what sort of outfits will you pair with them? Not to influence you or anything, but it would be foolish to hide such gorgeous pumps under (UGH!) pants! :cool1:

Thanks for all the complements! Yes, the nude are classic in every way. And I do love the pink a great deal to. As for what to wear with them, I was thinking of what bluejay suggested ... White crops or Capris and or skinny jeans for the pink for sure. And, don't worry Jeff, I have many skirt/dress options as well. The pink I think can range from a nice casual outfit to something more dressy, while I think the nude require something more on the dressy side. At least for now ... My mind is running amok with outfit options!

Style is built from the ground up!

At least for now ... My mind is running amok with outfit options!

Well, how about writing down ideas about outfits and what shoes to wear with them. I do that from time to time, helps to keep things straight.

Evening all,

I have been a somewhat inactive on here recently but I've just made a spurt of shoe purchases and they're all amazing! I've bought some really nice shoes that all fit well and look great.

In no particular order:

Black suede stiletto courts with pointy toe and metallic look toe cap. From Long tall Sally. They are quite possibly the most gorgeous pair of heels I have ever owned.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Next are purple pointy stilettos from Barratts "Wham". These are an all time favourite of mine so it's good to have some back in the cupboard. I've owned every colour they were available in at some point in my life.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Then it's the Sherbert round toe stilettos. Another style I've owned in many different colours. I think the black suede ones were my favourite but I'm really into the colour of these too. Although very cheap shoes they are very comfortable to walk in and I know from experience that they are also hard wearing.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Finally, imported at great expense all the way from the US (Barefoottess) my Steve Madden almond toe 2.5" courts with a chunky stack heel. Seriously comfortable. I can see myself making my debut public appearance in these should it ever happen..

Posted ImagePosted Image

@ Fatluzz Those shoes are all very nice and you look good in all of them. The pair I like the most is the Barrat's purple pointy stilettos. Well done! Stef

ton, nice black patent pumps. I've been looking for a pair like that, but the pointed toe pumps don't seen too friendly for my rather wide feet, so no purchases to date. Happyfeat, surprised to hear your local Nine West doesn't have much in 11. I can get just about any shoe they have in an 11 at the store, it's the 12 that I need (of course!) that they don't have much of. And Fatfuzz, a very nice selection. I like the classic low cut of the Steve Maddens. Looks like those would be comfortable to walk in. Tried these on at Payless today. They actually fit pretty decent, but they were difficult to walk in. I don't know if the heel is too high for me, or if it is just how they are shaped/how the heel is set. In any event, they looked nice, but I couldn't see myself spending much time in them the way they felt. Too bad.

post-79-0-41757500-1375308084_thumb.jpg