Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Ok, ok, I'm going to have to reconsider stilettos. I have been of the outspoken opinion that I don't look good in them because of my somewhat stocky body shape, but maybe I'm wrong. I was on the payless.com web site last night and I couldn't help but notice how outstanding the reviews were on their Karmen pumps. It's just a classic round-toe pump with a 3.25 inch (8.3 cm) stiletto heel, but just about every review was extremely positive, especially on comfort. I got so engrossed in reading the reviews that I ended up reading all 168 of them over 28 pages! I also counted that at least 14 reviews (almost 10%) were by males, some of whose names were the same as on this forum. I gave all of those reviews "helpful" votes. By the time I finished reading them I had to go try them on at least. This morning I called the local Payless store and they had the pumps in stock, so this afternoon I went over there and a young woman greeted me with a friendly smile and asked how she could help. I told her I wanted the Karmen pump in black in 12M, and she led me right to it. She handed me the box, and we chatted a little about the rave reviews on this style. I sat down, took off my Naturalizer Tribute wedge sandals, and she could see I was wearing nylons, so I tried on the Karmen pumps and they were a bit snug and a little short in the toe box (but it's nearly time for my monthly pedicure, so my toenails are a bit long). The young woman left me on my own, as she had work to do, so I tried on the 12W and they fit over my bunions better and fit better in the toe box,too, and I tried on the 13M but they slipped off my heel as I walked. I wore the 12W for about 5 minutes, walking the length of the aisle to see how I liked them. The gal returned and asked me how the 12W felt, and I told her I thought it needed a little more arch support, and I asked if they had gel arch supports. She looked and couldn't find them in larger women's sizes, just up to 8.5, so I didn't get them, but I did buy the shoes, said I would wear them on the carpet at home, and if I didn't like them I'd bring them back. We had a delightful conversation and she was impressed with how confident I was about wearing women's shoes. She rang up my purchase and I came home, put the pumps on and I've been wearing them for an hour so far. They really are very comfortable. The only concern I have is whether the throat will rub too much on my bunion area. I might need a small piece of medical tape to prevent a blister. One of the reviewers commented that the shoes showed no toe cleavage, but I do see some. All in all, it's a great looking classic pump and has the promise of being very comfortable for long wearing. I can see myself wearing it a lot this summer, to the office, around the house, to the local pubs and restaurants, and for aerating the lawn! :penitent: Steve

post-4071-0-85287700-1372282666_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-63479800-1372282694_thumb.jp

(reaching for the smelling salts) You Steve? I'm floored!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Well done, Steve! Sounds like you had quite a rewarding experience. Bravo to you, my friend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I do find them much more maneuverable once you get the hang of them. Being able to turn off a narrow heel does have it's advantages. You will also wind up building ankle strength to accommodate the added mobility.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Alright Steve!!! Glad you gave them a try. As you know I find them comfortable and most of mine have a higher heel. Good choice for a start. I believe you will be a convert after today. Will be looking forward for your report. :) Jim

We had a delightful conversation and she was impressed with how confident I was about wearing women's shoes.

I can see myself wearing it a lot this summer, to the office, around the house, to the local pubs and restaurants, and for aerating the lawn! :penitent:

That sounds like a very positive outcome after a doubtful start. I like that she was impressed with your confidence and not just that you could physically walk in them.

If you like it, wear it.

Got these shoes off of ebay hope ya like let me know what you think. They are some purple glitter shoes from Gianmarco Lorenzi let me know what you think.

http://www.flickr.co...ots/8919073026/

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Hi,

You look terrific with those shoes, and actually, they are not so much visible, as they really fit with your entire look, even if they "glitt" a bit...

You look really natural and relaxed in your pics even if I prefer some of your other shoes in Flickr, you definetely give a masculine look, with high heeled shoes, and I really like this!!

Thank you for sharing!

Hi,

You look terrific with those shoes, and actually, they are not so much visible, as they really fit with your entire look, even if they "glitt" a bit...

You look really natural and relaxed in your pics even if I prefer some of your other shoes in Flickr, you definetely give a masculine look, with high heeled shoes, and I really like this!!

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks man I really appreciate it. Thats been my whole concept plus my wife has been helping me get ideas on how to dress. Just to show that I don't have to do the stockings garters and that I'm a man and I'm proud to wear my shoes. I mean there are some limitations on who and when I wear them around but again thanks Black Boots!!

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Steve glad to see that you tried on those pumps. They are my favorite heels for every day wear. I have them in 4 colors and wear them nearly every day. Since you went through all 28 pages you might of noticed my review of them. My current fav is the nude ones with tan shorts I wear them every chance that I can get.

Thanks for the compliments, guys! I'm on day 2. I wore them in the office all day yesterday. I didn't do as much walking or standing as I expected to, though. I was tied down to the computer desk most of the day. I did notice this morning that I think I need more arch support, so I had a couple of stick-on gel arches that I put in. I think they'll be an improvement. Jerbare, yes, I did notice your post, and a couple of other names of frequent posters on here. Those posts were highly influential in getting me to purchase the pumps. Thank you! Steve

Did quite some shopping lately. I've suddenly got a liking for wedges so bought quite a few pair of them. I've attached some pictures i've bought over the past two months or so.

Very nice looking shoes. I really like that floral pair of pumps, they really stand-out! I hope that you enjoy wearing them. Thanks for your pics.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I know someone beat me to showing these pumps from Payless, but I just bought them today and had to post a few photos. The are reasonably comfortable for me in an 11W, and the heel height is just over 4 inches. But one thing that stands out to me is the sound they make when walking! Something I don't typically notice that often, but these make a great click. I love to see a woman wearing them and strutting her stuff, and be able to listen to that great stiletto click!

post-79-0-35108100-1372697225_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-43730500-1372697227_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-31258700-1372697229_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-19598800-1372697231_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-06056300-1372697233_thumb.jpg

RonC, very cute pumps (loved the bow and the 2-color) and looks really great on you with these stockings! And a nice clicking sound is essential for the overall experience, at least for me.

Very nice looking shoes. I really like that floral pair of pumps, they really stand-out! I hope that you enjoy wearing them. Thanks for your pics.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks! When I saw them I had to have them. :)

Nice collection Cl0setheels, really like the pumps, specially the red ones!!

Thanks! :-)

I like the plain black booties! Been a while but.. I have neon pink and white cork-bottomed/heeled pumps that I have posed pics of before. They are by ' Guess ' and are ' ok ' . Darian recently scored me a similar pair in black but with a much smaller platform and they are patent. I REALLY like these shoes!! I also scored a pair of CHEAPO wedge bootie/sneakers. They are quite comfortable and ventilated. 19$+tax at a local Rainbow store. -Ilk

post-12379-0-35131400-1372739914_thumb.j

post-12379-0-92005900-1372739926_thumb.j

post-12379-0-20206600-1372739941_thumb.j

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.