Who has bought some new shoes

gj

post-79-0-82891100-1364835705_thumb.jpgPicked these up from Lane Bryant the other day. First time shopping tehre for shoes. All their shoes come in wide width, and believe me, it is a very generous wide. I chose a size 11 wide and they are actually a bit loose on me, and I can't say I've ever had that experience before. I know they are not the highest of heels (about 3 3/4" in soze 11) but they are comfortable and walkable. And the in-store experience was good as well - the staff had no porblem at all with me try on shoes. Not for everyone, I know, but they do have a few other styles inlcuding one small platform with a higher heel.

Kris, that is very typical of Payless. I think it's pretty typical that they get guys shopping for heels. After all, the shoes are inexpensive and they caryy our sizes! What not shop there. I often stop in just to browse a bit and try things on. AT the moment, they don;t have much that suits my eye, but there's always something that shows up eventually that I like, and I buy when that happens!

Kris, Good post! Thanks for sharing. That's one smart store manager! She has seen it before and she figured you out instantly. Which just goes to show you there is no point in playing games. Being honest with the sales help is usually the best way to go. They're trained to help, they know their inventory (if they're good) and they want to help you (part with your money and) get good value. So trust them unless they act like idiots who would rather you didn't come in. Let us know when you go back to get the shoes. I bet you buy a second pair at the same time! LOL Steve

Fioni Night Lolita sandals finally arrived from Payless.com. I wore them around the apartment for a couple hours, doing some cleaning and whatnot, to get a feel for them. These are going to take some time to get used to as it's been years since I've been in anything like this. I can tell these are going to be pretty gnarly on my outer toes until they soften up a bit. It'll be nice once it warms up and I can shed my ankle tan!

Nice style and colour.

Why aren't there any shops like payless or Bakers shoes in Belgium! All Belgian stores have limited amounts in big sizes, finding heels in european 43 is just impossible. I'm kind of lucky that in european 42, my size, you can still find a moderate amount of shoes on internet stores, but in the real shops they are rare! There are also no width sizes, and wide heels are even harder to find in here. No luck for me.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Why aren't there any shops like payless or Bakers shoes in Belgium! All Belgian stores have limited amounts in big sizes, finding heels in european 43 is just impossible. I'm kind of lucky that in european 42, my size, you can still find a moderate amount of shoes on internet stores, but in the real shops they are rare! There are also no width sizes, and wide heels are even harder to find in here.

No luck for me.

On the US side of the Ocean, its the same thing. Im a us 9.5 or 10Womens.. Im GLAD I dont wear an 11 or above! Its VERY hard to find anything in those sizes. Its a complaint seen quite often on this forum.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I was out on a sales call this morning and in no rush to get back to the office. I saw a Payless and thought I'd stop in to try on the beige Kosmic platform pumps I want this spring. The manager was great. Here's roughly how it went....

Mgr: Good morning, can I help?

Me: Just looking.

Mgr: Is there anything in particular?

Me: I'll know when I see it. (Trying to avoid saying that I was there to look at ladies heels)

I always go to the men's aisle and it leads to the end of the ladies large sizes. Trying not to be too obvious.

As I turn down the ladies aisle, she says.

Mgr: We have lots of styles in wide widths and the platforms are very popular.

She was a mind reader. I saw the pumps, asked if I could try them on, she said no problem, and walked away.

I tried them on, walked around for several minutes and decided I would buy them, but not today.

Mgr: How were they.

Me: Great I'll be back.

Here was my chance for a conversation.

Me: Do you get many men buying women's shoes?

Mgr: Yes. I work in 2 other stores and many men come in and buy. I could tell as soon as you went down the aisle that that was what you were here for. Those platforms are very comfortable and many men have bought them. Men who come in during the early morning are usually shopping for women's shoes.

Me: Thank you, you have made this very comfortable and I appreciate it.

Mgr: Come in any time.

Off I went feeling very good and I will be back to buy those platform pumps.

Inquisitor paid $11.00. They are On Sale in Canada for $39.00 plus 13% tax!!!

Interesting. I would have thought they would the have the sales in US and Canada simulataneously. Of course the red tag "sale" seems to vary by location. I always love hearing about a great experience.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

I don't know if I posted these already, but I do love embellishments on my heels, and these pumps from Avenue are very comfy and awesome! The shoe in my avatar is new too - from Torrid. Very comfy now that they're broken in a bit.

post-25-0-02502400-1365134815_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-18167800-1365134838_thumb.jpg

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Nice style and colour.

Thanks. To get them to relax a little I wore a pair of regular athletic socks with them for a day or so. Today I wore them all day as normal and they've become a lot more comfortable.

I really like those, ShockQueen.

I don't know if I posted these already, but I do love embellishments on my heels, and these pumps from Avenue are very comfy and awesome!

The shoe in my avatar is new too - from Torrid. Very comfy now that they're broken in a bit.

Very nice ShockQueen. They look great on you.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I don't know if I posted these already, but I do love embellishments on my heels, and these pumps from Avenue are very comfy and awesome!

The shoe in my avatar is new too - from Torrid. Very comfy now that they're broken in a bit.

Very nice, SQ! What color are they?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The latest addition to my collection were these but in red, made by Faith, sold by Debenhams in the Uk, purchased through the newly opened german online shop at a great discount. For me UK size 9 is equivalent to a Pleaser size 12 or german size 43, they have a lot of larger sized shoes, not just plain pumps and ankle boots but unusual designs as well. post-19742-0-03593900-1365207740_thumb.j I broke them in during a 4 hour walk on the Frankfurt christmas market, which was the prelude for the regular corset meeting. If anyone had told me before that most of the area where the christmas market was held was cobblestone, I would have worn something different but I managed my 3/4 mile walk from where I had parked my car to the meeting point, through the christmas market (about 1 mile) and back to the bar where the corset meeting was held without any blisters or other problems, so I´m going to give them a thumbs up on the padding and quality.

I love those even though they have a small platform. Do you have a link for them so I can get a closer look? Cobblestones are different, not necessarily harder. If you spend a fair amount of time on cobbles you will master them, and wind up toning parts of your legs that other surfaces don't. Cobbles are a workout more than anything.You want to be heavy in the toe and light in the heel. You'll want to extend the foot more on cobbles. I had a great time on the cobblestone streets of Rome wearing 3.5 inch stiletto boots. I was already quite use to the above technique from walking on brick paving stones. The unevenness of the cobbles was great fun, but I'd hate walk on them wet. The shorter than average heel for me that is, was a boon to walking on them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks Bluejay! I rather enjoy them! JeffB - the ones I attached are burgundy with black heels/sole. I call them my ruby slippers. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I love those even though they have a small platform.

Do you have a link for them so I can get a closer look?

Cobblestones are different, not necessarily harder. If you spend a fair amount of time on cobbles you will master them, and wind up toning parts of your legs that other surfaces don't. Cobbles are a workout more than anything.You want to be heavy in the toe and light in the heel. You'll want to extend the foot more on cobbles.

I had a great time on the cobblestone streets of Rome wearing 3.5 inch stiletto boots. I was already quite use to the above technique from walking on brick paving stones. The unevenness of the cobbles was great fun, but I'd hate walk on them wet. The shorter than average heel for me that is, was a boon to walking on them.

Apparently this model is sold out, I can´t find it on Debenhams any more, neither german nor UK.

Thanks!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Fioni Night Lolita sandals finally arrived from Payless.com. I wore them around the apartment for a couple hours, doing some cleaning and whatnot, to get a feel for them. These are going to take some time to get used to as it's been years since I've been in anything like this. I can tell these are going to be pretty gnarly on my outer toes until they soften up a bit. It'll be nice once it warms up and I can shed my ankle tan!

These look Great!!!

acquired, rather than bought, though I'm regretting the color now...

I can't find much to go with purple

I beg to differ! Look for a purple top (or jacket like in your picture, pretty cool, by the way) which would provide contrast with the skirt but would match the shoes!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

acquired, rather than bought, though I'm regretting the color now...

I can't find much to go with purple

Like the outfit and like the shoes, just not together. I'd go closed toe with that outfit.

Hello everyone. I haven't bought these yet. I need your opinion. I've found these sandals in Marshalls. They are $39.99. I like them but I value other opinions. I have typical male feet, and don't plan to try to make them look otherwise. The heel is about 4 inches which won't be a problem for me. The photo might not show the colour well. They are a caramel colour. I've always like the thong style and of course the heel is perfect for those liking heels. Do I go for it? post-19704-0-61986200-1365691125_thumb.jpost-19704-0-92723200-1365691180_thumb.jpost-19704-0-88267800-1365691232_thumb.j