Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I bought these a couple of weeks ago. I'm still on the fence with these Louboutins compared to the first pair I bought, but they are nice. They are gently used, so I got them for a decent price. I was more concerned with the size, since it's half size bigger, but it actually worked out.

Those louboutins are beautiful! Were you going to post some photos of you modeling them? What is the size and how did you decide on your CL size since they may run somewhat small? Decolette 868 100 is actually on my wish list so I may be interested. Thanks for posting!

just got these they are 5" pleaser the fit is great and I really like the look. I also have a photo of my fav. pumps

Jetbare,

I like your red shoes. They look great on you. I also like to wear red heels as well as pink, royal blue and white. Black and brown become boring after awhile.AI couple of weeks ago I had some great compliments from two waitresses at a Cracker Barrel restaurant on my royal blue patent peep toe pumps with a 4" heel, I was wearing. There are women out there that like men in heels!

Nice car too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I'm sure they suspected you were buying for yourself. Lots of guys do it, so you're not the only one in the world. Perhaps they were just having fun with your insecurity? Or maybe they were too busy or just not interested enough to be bothered fitting a guy's foot, pantyhose or not. Whatever, next time stand your ground and ask to try them on. If the women are smart they'll of course let you do that. If they say no (which I can't imagine), then get up and leave and when you get home, post a really nasty post on their web site. You'll not only get a polite apology, you'll probably get a coupon to save money next time. Customers all deserve to be treated well.

Steve

I was the only customer in the store at the time. Like I said, the lady who was helping me was cool; it was the other lady who was in & out who (by impression) seemed to have a chip on her shoulder. I'm sure, especially of the location of the store, they have seen their fair share of guys buy heels for themselves. Even I knew that going into the whole situation. I pure & simply balked.

Those louboutins are beautiful! Were you going to post some photos of you modeling them? What is the size and how did you decide on your CL size since they may run somewhat small? Decolette 868 100 is actually on my wish list so I may be interested. Thanks for posting!

I suppose eventually I can take some pictures wearing them. Just a little difficult to do that given my living situation.

For Euro sizing, I usually take a 38 (Aldo) since they only run full sizes; the 39 is a little big for me. The Decoltissimo 100 (currently in my avatar) are 38 and fit like a glove, though I could've gone 38.5 in these.

The Decolette 868 100 are 38.5. I decided to go for these since the price was reasonable, and shot on blind faith that I can work with the size. They are a little loose, but still stay on my foot when walking. So I would say I'll take Louboutins in either a 38 or 38.5 (yeah...I fall within the average for a lady's size foot)

Bought my first ever pair of ballet flats from Payless today: http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat40116&skuId=095042130&productId=70104&lotId=095042&category=&catdisplayName=Womens# These are the "Millie" ballet flat in black patent with a bow up front, when I saw those shoes, I literally gasped at how cute they were, and when I saw they came in size 13, I all but rushed to the register with a pair which I just HAD to have. I'll take them out on a jaunt as soon as I can and give everyone a report.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Bought my first ever pair of ballet flats from Payless today:

http://www.payless.c...layName=Womens#

These are the "Millie" ballet flat in black patent with a bow up front, when I saw those shoes, I literally gasped at how cute they were, and when I saw they came in size 13, I all but rushed to the register with a pair which I just HAD to have. I'll take them out on a jaunt as soon as I can and give everyone a report.

Those are adorable. I love them.

- inquisitor, the mary janes/hosiery combination compliment each other.

I bought another pair of heels tonight. Nine West Hotlist - $20. If you're near a Nine West store, snatch these up, online as well (if this is your style that is). Sad thing though, of the 4 Nine West stores I went to, only 2 were left.

Another thing about this visit, I had every intent to try the heels on in store. This particular store, I was the only one there, was wearing pantyhose in preparation for fitting. I also thought that there was only one lady (nice and courteous) on the floor. When she went to the back to get the heels, another lady came out (with a feel like she had a chip on her shoulder...best way I can describe it). I had every intent to ask the lady who was helping me if she would mind if I tried them on for sizing. That didn't happen.

So I asked if they fit true to size. She didn't know and asked the other lady, which she said they did. Surprisingly I wasn't given the option this time that if I was to buy it and they didn't fit 'her', 'she' can come back and return/exchange them. Well, I did end up buying them. I just feel disappointed that I balked, yet the whole time I had every intent to try them in store. Now, do you think that they knew I was buying for myself?

Anyway, here's the heels.

post-12217-0-19842800-1346483319_thumb.j post-12217-0-65394300-1346483330_thumb.j

Nice pair; I'm deathly afraid of trying on shoes in public in general, but more so if they are women's. In the last year I've tried on exactly 3 pairs of shoes, all men's. As for women's I've tried on one pair, but chickened out pretty quickly. I know most women won't mind (and this close to Halloween, I could be buying for a Rocky Horrow Picture Show-themed party), I'll look, but not try them on. I've gone as far as to compliment other women's choices.

I always think that women think I'm shopping for my wife or girlfriend (I should be so lucky). I'm certainly getting the practice in.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

...I'm deathly afraid of trying on shoes in public in general, but more so if they are women's...

...I know most women won't mind (and this close to Halloween...

...I always think that women think I'm shopping for my wife or girlfriend (I should be so lucky)...

Greetings inquisitor :-)

There is no reason to be afraid to try women's shoes in the store.

Do it a few times and you will soon realize it is no big deal and quite a lot of fun too !

No need to pretend it is for halloween. The sales girl already know these shoes are for you.

Try to deal with a younger sales girl. They are usually more open minded.

A sale is a sale. They are only shoes after all !

There is no reason to be afraid to try women's shoes in the store.

Do it a few times and you will soon realize it is no big deal and quite a lot of fun too !

The sales girl already know these shoes are for you.

A sale is a sale. They are only shoes after all !

Sage advice. I have said that to myself, especially after hearing of other guys being able to try on heels in-store. I know it's a hurdle for me to jump, and I do know I'm right there. But yes, once you break your 'trying on shoes in store' cherry, then now you know that it's possible.

I have felt that way when I bought my first pair of heels in store and my first pair of hosiery. In both instances, it did take me a lot of looking before I made the dive. I know at this point I am curious to experience trying on heels in store.

That's sometimes true, but I've also encountered young sales assistants who are very narrow-minded while in some respects the older sales assistants have seen it all before and take it in their stride (I guess that's probably more the case in an urban environment than in a rural one when it comes to guys wearing heels).

In general I think it's more down to how you choose to project yourself. Walking around the store in a cold sweat and avoiding people looks creepy and is bound to evoke a cold reaction. Act like you're going to get the reaction you want and most likely that's the reaction you'll get (and if you don't then they're at fault, not you) - that's my approach anyway.

Edited by SleekHeels

If you like it, wear it.

All

First new pair (for me) in a while, once again from TKMaxx; Firetrap Tempest, RRP £60-70 found in both UK5 for my GF and 8 for me for £30 each, so had to buy both :D . 5's too large for GF but 8's a good fit for me - have gently stretched and are really comfortable.

The toe detail with the more enclosed bootie style caught my eye as something a little different to the norm. The rear laced detail is okay but frankly not necessary as it's not really doing or suggesting anything other than biker or fetish notes.

5.5" to back of heel, with approx 1.25" hidden platform for the 8s, heel just a little shorter on the 5s, which makes them look a lot sexier. The 8s look a little clunky; the prortions still looked good on the 7s but were just too tight :sad: .

R

post-367-0-92878800-1346967230_thumb.jpg

post-367-0-91048400-1346967295_thumb.jpg

post-367-0-76910000-1346968143_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waisted_Giraffe

Bought my first pair of Mary Jane pumps today from Nine West. Model name is LIL. To my surprise, NIne West size 10 fit perfectly (I normally wear size 11 from other stores) Heel height is 4-3/8" measured at the back. No plattform. They are VERY comfortable to wear. I like the strap which hold the shoe in place. I love them ! Now I found a store where I could buy any style of closed shoes in size 10 ! Only problem is this situation won't be good for my bank account... Congrats to all who bought new shoes lately. They all look nice ! JeffB > Nice flats. I never thought you would wear this style. Well done !

post-2824-0-27593200-1346973060_thumb.jp

Edited by danielp6406

I just received a new pair last week. I ordered a pair of Domina 434 Pumps to match the pair that I bought my fiancee a while back. Only difference was that she got the Seduce style, which only has a 5" heel while the Domina style is a 6" heel. I don't have any pics of them yet, so here's a link to a pic on the web: http://www.endless.com/Pleaser-DOMINA-434-Womens-Domina-434-Pump/dp/B003D8GAAK HHLover

I recently bought these blue courts. They're exactly the same style as the oatmeal courts I bought a few weeks ago. I've not had a chance to wear either pair out yet, but I'm looking forward to that a lot as I really like the style and both colours, and they looked great and felt very comfortable when I tried them on in the store. I'm thinking the blue ones will look great with a smart black trouser-suit and blue shirt, while the oatmeal ones look fabulous with dark blue bootcut jeans with tan-coloured stitching that I'll probably pair with a brown top under an oatmeal coloured blazer for a smart casual look.

post-12051-0-44980500-1347235822_thumb.j

post-12051-0-39098800-1347235835_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Just bought these amazing Pepe Jimenez white patent pumps from classicpumps.com - just arrived today! They are the "Rossi" model with a 3.5" heel They are just as I said... AMAZING. The toe cleavage, the soft leather, the 80s style... everything on them is incredible... I waited so long to find a pair like this and have the opportunity to slip them on... well, they are now ALL MINE! For any heel lover and for those that don't have a fortune to spend on a Louboutin, these are the dream heels for sure...

Edited by gallux

Just bought these very nice high heel loafers from Nine West. Model name is Chasey. Heel is 4-1/2" high measured at the back with a 1/4" hidden platform. Have been searching for a very long time for shoes in this style that fits me. Other I found until now were always too small. These in size US10 are perfect. Very comfortable and fun to wear. Guess what I will wear tomorrow :-)

post-2824-0-18211000-1347498815_thumb.jp

Just bought these amazing Pepe Jimenez white patent pumps from classicpumps.com - just arrived today! They are the "Rossi" model with a 3.5" heel

They are just as I said... AMAZING. The toe cleavage, the soft leather, the 80s style... everything on them is incredible... I waited so long to find a pair like this and have the opportunity to slip them on... well, they are now ALL MINE!

For any heel lover and for those that don't have a fortune to spend on a Louboutin, these are the dream heels for sure...

I have always liked the heels from classicpumps.com

I remember this was one of the first websites I saw online that sold the classic style pumps...wow, that was more than 10 years ago now. But I've always admired the classic style of pumps. Nice choice!

These are some of my latest addittions. I've bought quite a few pairs. :P

The black patent peep toe with the red accent is catching my eye.

I don’t know how many times over a myriad of posts that I have said that I didn’t care for wedge heels, much preferring stilettos, and that I didn’t care for platforms, much preferring single sole, and that I didn’t care for open toe designs, much preferring closed toe, so the first pair of shoes I have bought in a long time are open toe, wedge, platforms. I found them new at the Goodwill (still have the label on the soles). They are a size 12 with a back zipper and for $6 I threw my sense of taste to the wind and bought them. I wore them to Sam’s this afternoon after work. I was also wearing beige slacks, a bright red V-neck top with V-cut sleeves over a black chemise, and black shoulder length leather opera gloves. The shoes were partially hidden under my slacks, but believe it or not, more people looked at my shoes than the red top and gloves. By the way, driving is platforms is MUCH different than driving in single sole 5” heels, I do not recommend driving in platforms. post-530-0-47328200-1347665304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Just bought these amazing Pepe Jimenez white patent pumps from classicpumps.com - just arrived today! They are the "Rossi" model with a 3.5" heel

They are just as I said... AMAZING. The toe cleavage, the soft leather, the 80s style... everything on them is incredible... I waited so long to find a pair like this and have the opportunity to slip them on... well, they are now ALL MINE!

For any heel lover and for those that don't have a fortune to spend on a Louboutin, these are the dream heels for sure...

Great choice! Same as I am wearing in my avatar photo, only mine are black patent. My favorite style of all time!

I like those Nine West pumps, Daniel. I'll have to look for a pair, but in at least a size 11, if not 12 for me.

Minor update...The black Nine West (Hotlist) sandals I bought a couple of weeks ago I returned. At the time, it was a nice alternative for a pair I really wanted to get. Then, I finally bit the bullet and bought two pairs of sandals I had my eye on throughout the summer. That being said, I received these late last week (ordered online). It's from Michael Kors 'Michael' line. Style name is Eleni in black and dark dune. 4.25" heel w/.75" platform. Granted, I'm not big on platform styles, but it's subtle enough to not take away from the style of the shoe. I also could've gone a half size bigger, but they're comfortable...just made my feet look small. The biggest styling cue for me is the stitching detail. post-12217-0-97950700-1347866132_thumb.jpost-12217-0-96136700-1347866138_thumb.jpost-12217-0-84164100-1347866175_thumb.jpost-12217-0-49738400-1347866181_thumb.j

Hi All, Love all your recent purchases, especially SleekHeels courts. A pic of my latest pair is attached; about as high as I can walk in without making a fool of myself yet still quite comfortable. Only got to wear them briefly whilst shopping but hope to have a more to write about soon. Happy heeling to all, WobblyHeight.

Edited by wobblyheight

I just bought these 2 the brash heels with bogo and the sales price and a 20% off from payless ended up being free. Dont know where I will wear them but free is good. Had them shiped to a local store and when I got there the sales girls wanted me to try the heels on to see how good they looked. they have always mademe feel comfortable buying and trying on heels

post-16522-0-89801400-1348149033_thumb.j

post-16522-0-82158900-1348149085_thumb.j

Cl0setheels, I see that quite a few of those have a little metal button detailing on the side, and I've seen that elsewhere too. My instinct is that it might put me off buying a pair of shoes rather than attract me towards them, but how do you feel about those little metal buttons? Did they attract you to the shoes, or give you hesitations? Having said that I really like your blue ones. Sure the heel is a little chunkier than on my pair but I like that shape of the heel on yours. I also like that the soles of yours are beige, especially with the red shoes also, I think the colour of the sole changes the character of the shoes.

If you like it, wear it.

I don’t know how many times over a myriad of posts that I have said that I didn’t care for wedge heels, much preferring stilettos, and that I didn’t care for platforms, much preferring single sole, and that I didn’t care for open toe designs, much preferring closed toe, so the first pair of shoes I have bought in a long time are open toe, wedge, platforms.

I found them new at the Goodwill (still have the label on the soles). They are a size 12 with a back zipper and for $6 I threw my sense of taste to the wind and bought them.

I wore them to Sam’s this afternoon after work. I was also wearing beige slacks, a bright red V-neck top with V-cut sleeves over a black chemise, and black shoulder length leather opera gloves. The shoes were partially hidden under my slacks, but believe it or not, more people looked at my shoes than the red top and gloves.

By the way, driving is platforms is MUCH different than driving in single sole 5” heels, I do not recommend driving in platforms.

post-530-0-47328200-1347665304_thumb.jpg

Thrift stores like Goodwill are a great place to find shoes. May have to keep watching the racks, but every now and then, you will get lucky and find a great deal.

I have to agree with you about platforms and driving. I don't recommend it myself.

Just got these from Bebe. The style is Ivy. It has a 6-1/2" Heel and a 1-1/2" Platform giving me a 5" rise for my size 10. Very comfortable and easy to walk in.

post-15907-0-76144000-1348197206_thumb.jpost-15907-0-05962000-1348197276_thumb.jpost-15907-0-22305000-1348197595_thumb.jpost-15907-0-21857400-1348197667_thumb.j

Great pair of heels HiHeeler. Good platform height, nice shape to both the heel and toe plus the straps add to the rock'n'roll style. Did you match your trouser print to that of the shoe?