Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Hey All,

Here's my three latest buys. The first two are from Bakers which were clearance shoes and the third pair came from BarefeetShoes which is a small network of stores in the Norfolk,VA, Chicago, and Milwaukee areas of the USA. The first two have 5" heels and the third is a full 6" heel. I really liked the cool blue as I thought it would be cute with bootcut jeans. Can you believe stores are now bringing in boots?? I think there is plenty of summer left even this far north as we have had over 35 days with temps. over 90 F (32 C) this year, eight of which have been 100 F (38 C) or higher!

Enjoy! HappyinHeels

http://www.bakerssho...MACK.aspx?c=276

http://www.bakerssho...LIKA.aspx?c=276

http://www.barefeets...4_GAMA_TEAL.htm

OK, Why did I have trouble adding more than one photo? I went through Reply Options and added one but that was it. Just click the second and third url lines to vieew those pairs. All three pairs only cost me $80 with tax. HappyinHeels

http://www.bakerssho...MACK.aspx?c=276

http://www.bakerssho...LIKA.aspx?c=276

http://www.barefeets...4_GAMA_TEAL.htm

post-3654-0-79512400-1344048008.jpg

Edited by HappyinHeels

Just got these a few days ago. The heel is about 7 inches high and the platform is about 2 inches. They are very easy to walk in, but start to hurt when standing and/or walking much. They probably will just take some getting used to.

post-12449-0-74114800-1344321983_thumb.j

Here's a pair I picked up today at DSW. Lulu Townsend Romy Stripe, $39.99. 4" heels. A bit snug in an 11, but then size 11 is almost always that way for me. Unfoortunately, no 12 available, but if it was, that would likely be too big. Just try finding an 11.5...lol.

post-79-0-69460300-1344369770_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-03875200-1344369779_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-29875900-1344369796_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-11633000-1344369810_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-62850300-1344369841_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-11015000-1344369884_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-60231600-1344369898_thumb.jpg

Here's a pair I picked up today at DSW. Lulu Townsend Romy Stripe, $39.99. 4" heels. A bit snug in an 11, but then size 11 is almost always that way for me. Unfoortunately, no 12 available, but if it was, that would likely be too big. Just try finding an 11.5...lol.

Very nice! Very nice indeed! A definite "night on the town" kind of shoe with a dramatic flair that's very dynamic. This is just me, but I wouldn't DARE hide such gorgeous shoes under pants, I'd wear 'em with a dress in a New York minute! In any event, congrats on your purchase, hope you wear those shoes well!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Steve63130: My point was about your original statement that you need to wear heels 168 hours per week, and that there are only 168 hours in a week (24x7), so thats wearing heels all day, every day, without rest. Might be a bit overkill. :wave:

(formerly known as "JimC")

Yes, definitely overkill if you wore them 24/7, but I didn't say that the 168 hours needed to be continuous. They certainly don't. It could be 8 hours per day for 21 days or 4 hours a day for 42 days or however you want to log it. By the end of about 168 hours, your leg and foot muscles should be well adjusted and used to functioning in heels so that you don't look awkward and goofy. You want to have skill in moving gracefully and confidently. This time period isn't going to hold for everyone, it's just a guideline. In other words, you can't master heels in 4 hours but it shouldn't take you 1000 hours either. On average it will take most people about 168 hours. Your mileage may vary. Steve

I don't know where the 168 hours comes from, but I will say it takes me more than that time to wear and be comfortable in some of my heels. The ankle boots I have on now I wear out and about maybe 3 days a week 4-6 hours a day heels a just short of 3 inches in height even after 5 years I can still get caught out sometimes wearing them, going down stairs or maybe a steep ramp. On the plus side I have only ever had one person in all the time I have worn them ask me why I was wearing heels higher than normal and they just said ok fine and that was a man who works in my local mini supermarket.

life is not a rehearsal

just recived these they are seduice 420 hade them on for 4hours while i was cleaning agound the house last night they seemed a little tight at first but better as the night went on. They have a 5" heel no platform but are fine to walk in

post-16522-0-04689100-1344542983_thumb.j

just recived these they are seduice 420 hade them on for 4hours while i was cleaning agound the house last night they seemed a little tight at first but better as the night went on. They have a 5" heel no platform but are fine to walk in

Unless the viewing angle is very deceptive or you have very large feet, those heels look no more than about 3.5" to me. Are they really a full five (imperial) inches?

I've been lusting over this pair for a while, finally made the decision to get a pair after they started becomming hard to find. I love ankle straps, so the more the merrier. Wish I had these in red too

Posted Image

Those are awesome!

Ive had these for a month, first time out in them. They are made by ' Guess ' and were a gift from the other half. Im not a platform kind of guy but these are sort of ' ok '. I like the way they look, but I prefer a classical stiletto or wedge heel with no platform at all. They were a gift, had to wear them out to be respectful. ;) EDIT : YES, Im holding up my elastic waisted pants in the middle picture. Weightloss sux ! :(

post-12379-0-91000200-1344733710_thumb.j

post-12379-0-34785200-1344733729_thumb.j

post-12379-0-09433900-1344733745_thumb.j

Edited by ilikekicks

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Ive had these for a month, first time out in them. They are made by ' Guess ' and were a gift from the other half. Im not a platform kind of guy but these are sort of ' ok '. I like the way they look, but I prefer a classical stiletto or wedge heel with no platform at all.

They were a gift, had to wear them out to be respectful. ;)

EDIT : YES, Im holding up my elastic waisted pants in the middle picture. Weightloss sux ! :(

Hmm! Interesting! Admittedly, I'm not much of a platform fan either, but, I must say those shoes are nice. Hope you wear them well!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Ive had these for a month, first time out in them. They are made by ' Guess ' and were a gift from the other half. Im not a platform kind of guy but these are sort of ' ok '. I like the way they look, but I prefer a classical stiletto or wedge heel with no platform at all.

They were a gift, had to wear them out to be respectful. ;)

EDIT : YES, Im holding up my elastic waisted pants in the middle picture. Weightloss sux ! :(

I like the look of those white shoes. They look very nice on you! They are a summer treat, wear them proudly.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I think they're rather stylish, I like the contrast of the cork with the white and they'd look great with jeans or even more formal white trousers too. If I had an other half who gave me gifts like that I'd be delighted !

If you like it, wear it.

Hmm! Interesting! Admittedly, I'm not much of a platform fan either, but, I must say those shoes are nice. Hope you wear them well!

Whats really odd about myself is that I can strut like a stripper in classic stilettos. Platforms seem ' clunky ' and heavy on my feet. These arent ' that bad ' but I wish the soles were of regular thickness.

I like the look of those white shoes. They look very nice on you! They are a summer treat, wear them proudly.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks and I will wear them. I wore them for about 6 hours last night for a walk on the Waterfront and out to dinner.. then another walk afterwards.

I think they're rather stylish, I like the contrast of the cork with the white and they'd look great with jeans or even more formal white trousers too. If I had an other half who gave me gifts like that I'd be delighted !

I do love the way they look, I think the cork material really sets these off rather nicely. Darian tends to buy me things while shes just out running around or shopping. I do the same for her. Were very considerate of each other and it makes things between us highly compatible/thoughtful.

Cheers to everyone!

-ILK

Whats really odd about myself is that I can strut like a stripper in classic stilettos. Platforms seem ' clunky ' and heavy on my feet. These arent ' that bad ' but I wish the soles were of regular thickness.

Thanks and I will wear them. I wore them for about 6 hours last night for a walk on the Waterfront and out to dinner.. then another walk afterwards.

I do love the way they look, I think the cork material really sets these off rather nicely. Darian tends to buy me things while shes just out running around or shopping. I do the same for her. Were very considerate of each other and it makes things between us highly compatible/thoughtful.

Cheers to everyone!

-ILK

I'm not much for platforms either, but the cork with white does seem like a nice combo on those. Do you have trouble with the platforms pulling off at the heel when you walk? I've tried three different pairs now, and with the obvious exception of a sandal with a quarter strap that held my foot, the others have all pulled off at the heel when I walk - even the pair that was quite snug popped off at the heel. I think I'm done with platforms. BTW, if you ever decide that you no longer want your "other half", tell her I'll be anxiously waiting...lol !

I'm not much for platforms either, but the cork with white does seem like a nice combo on those. Do you have trouble with the platforms pulling off at the heel when you walk?

Not at all. They stay on quite well.

I've tried three different pairs now, and with the obvious exception of a sandal with a quarter strap that held my foot, the others have all pulled off at the heel when I walk - even the pair that was quite snug popped off at the heel. I think I'm done with platforms. BTW, if you ever decide that you no longer want your "other half", tell her I'll be anxiously waiting...lol !

The other half does have a single sister. 26, blond/blue, size 4. I think Darian wants 50$ USD for her, you pay for import taxes and immigration fees though ;)

I hope you're pleased with the Pleasers! Many times I've had the anticipation and excitement and then when the shoes come, I'm even more impressed than I thought I'd be, or sadly, sometimes, I'm terribly disappointed. Let us know what you think when you get them. Steve

Not at all. They stay on quite well.

The other half does have a single sister. 26, blond/blue, size 4. I think Darian wants 50$ USD for her, you pay for import taxes and immigration fees though ;)

Not a problem on the fees, but is the $50 negotiable...lol