Who has bought some new shoes

gj

My newest shoes, recently received in EUR 45 (it's big enough like many 46) from Andypola.

They are very light and confortable and fresh for enjoying this summer. Not the best manufacture and materials but it's not easy to get shoes in that size.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Own a pair. Haven't had the opportunity to do anything but just try them on.

Greetings everyone :-) Just bought these wedge sandals today from Aldo. The model name is "Morikawa". Was passing in front of the store and I saw them on display (And on sale) I was going to ask for my size but guess what ? They were my size 41 ! Asked the friendly salesgirl for the other one. I tried them immediatly. Sold ! The heel is 4.25". Platform is 1". They are a perfect fit for my wider feet. I can't believe how comfortable they are to walk in. They are amazing. I like the fact I can feel the heel height. They are really fun to wear. Those with wider feet who like this style, go ahead and give them a try them ! Wearing them now as I type this message. Guess what I will wear this week-end... Happy heeling all !

post-2824-0-67846000-1342228250_thumb.jp

Stopped by the local Neiman Marcus outlet and got a pair of ASH pumps. They are black leather with about a 3.5" heel, and are much quieter then my Cole haan pumps. This means they will get worn more often :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

(formerly known as "JimC")

One advantage of having to use large sizes (11 in my case) is that occasionally you find an offer for a shoe that they couldn't sell, so now i have a pointy shoe (first one of those for me) and my new highest heel. post-5327-0-67525200-1342362478_thumb.jp

Edited by jdmonto

I so dislike this part of the forum (well quite the opposite, rather hate the fact that my budget is very limited :upset::D). So many nice to shoes to pick from...However my addition to this topic has arrived today.

Bandolino Varnissa Bootie size 11W, for 59,94 from DSW. Bit longer than expected otherwise quite comfortable. Leather upper, rubber/plastic(?) sole.

post-17103-0-47399900-1342469660_thumb.j

post-17103-0-13072800-1342469887_thumb.j

Other pics in my album.

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

I usually don't post here, but I had been busy stocking up on shoes at Payless, starting with these: http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat70058&skuId=098293080&productId=70540&lotId=098293&category=&catdisplayName=Womens The "Jefferson Buckle" wedge, a very stylish looking pump with a buckle up front and a three inch wedge heel in back. A good looking shoe that'll match up well with jeans or, in my case, with a skirt. I also bought a second pair in brown.... http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat70058&skuId=098295080&productId=70540&lotId=098295&category=&catdisplayName=Womens Lastly, something totally and completely different for me.... http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat70052&skuId=093968085&productId=70979&lotId=093968&category=&catdisplayName=Womens Yes, a sandal! As someone who's never worn any sort of open toed women's shoe because of how self- conscious I've always been about how unattractive my toes look, buying sandals should have been a non-starter, but when I saw these shoes, I just couldn't resist, so I snatched them up, and they looked good on me and, again, I think these shoes will go well with a skirt. The common denominator here is that all these shoes are wedges which I've come to appreciate. A year ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing wedges, now I have FIVE pairs! Once I take all these shoes out on jaunts, I'll report on them...especially the sandals!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB - the last link doesn't work. Looks like Payless took it down.

Congrats on the new shoes!

Steve

Just checked the last link. Bummer! I'll have to take a pic of the sandals and post them for all to see. Those are really cute shoes! Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

What was they style name of the Payless sandals? I wear Payless sandals a LOT, have several pairs. A fun place to shop, and the staff are always friendly and understanding. Have you / are you going to write a review? I review all of my Payless shoes, stating that I am a guy - and they always post the review... take care... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

My latest red sandal.

It's a jelly sandal from the brazilian brand Melissa.

This model is called Eletric, in galapagos red .

Posted Image

Very nice - I'm not a big platform fan, but those are a great style. And with the ankle strap, the back wouldn't pop off like other platforms I have tried.

Stopped by the local Neiman Marcus outlet and got a pair of ASH pumps. They are black leather with about a 3.5" heel, and are much quieter then my Cole haan pumps. This means they will get worn more often :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great looking pumps!

Finally! Here's two pics of the Payless sandals, the "Skylar" T-strap with a 3 1/2 inch cork look wedge heel. Easy to wear and good looking to boot, not to mention fun, something I hadn't at all anticipated from a sandal. I have an idea or two regarding what sort of outfit would go well with these cute shoes for a future jaunt, and once I've put it together and gone out, I'll make a full report!

post-154-0-21896100-1342730583_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-95365800-1342730584_thumb.jpg

I've gotten a few pairs of shoes at Nordstrom Rack, their DIY outlet shop, but this is the first time I worked with a salesperson in the womens shoe dept to try on some heels and I have to say it will not be the last. Picked up a pair of Steve Madden Olympiaa (two a's). They are sneakers with a hidden 3" heel. The sales girl did not even question if they were for me or not, helped get the laces undone, and even brought out 3 other pairs of possibly random womens sneakers just in case. Side note, the pink Nike's did not look too bad, but the sparkly Tod's were -not- my style. After I got both shoes on (wore two different thickness socks to test fit) she recommended I use the mirror that was highly visible. I could already see how they looked and walked a bit to check fit and comfort. She got a sale :)

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

http://www.zappos.com/steve-madden-olympiaa-black-multi

Posted Image

My pocket camera died and cell has no timer, so have been linking product pics for better shots, sorry.

Anyways, they are comfortable, and seem pretty discrete with jeans on. Too bad they only go up to size 10. They are sized like non athletic shoes.

First shot of my brand new 5 inch white stilettos. I love them :-) I think I need some new thights...

Great pair, white pumps are perfect and the tights match perfectly. Are these Pleaser or which brand?

Great pair, white pumps are perfect and the tights match perfectly. Are these Pleaser or which brand?

Thank you :-) Yes, these are Pleaser Seduce 420V with a 5 inch heel. I had to trade size US15 to US16 'cause the V-style seems to be cut a bit smaller than the normal version which fits perfectly in US15.

Edited by Stiletto69

A week ago I saw that a style of Aerosoles sandals called "Kayak," which I had admired, was on sale for $29.99, so I ordered it. I received it early this week (good service, Aerosoles!) and they fit perfectly in size 11M. I wore them for a while and wrote a review under the name "Aeroloyal," which just got posted today ( http://www.aerosoles...uct/kayak/kayak ). I took the advice from feedback on another thread about my first Aerosoles review, and downplayed the fact that I was a male. I appreciated everyone's comments on that, and I think I did a better job on this review. It doesn't sound so defensive.

Anyway, if you are thinking about getting these shoes, by all means do so! I highly recommend them. They are comfortable right out of the box, maybe a tad on the wide side, they have a quiet rubber sole for those of you who don't like to make a loud noise when walking, and they have a broad heel for stability, which I really like. These are one of my best purchases ever and I plan to wear them a lot. The photo below shows them with my bootcut jeans (women's Merona, from Target) raised up a bit, and the nail lacquer is OPI's "Nomad's Dream" - a satin rose color that my wife likes on me.

Steve

post-4071-0-13843200-1343934153_thumb.jp

Edited by Steve63130

They are 5,5 inch, so i can hardly stand in them, let alone walk in those ....

If anyone has some tips for me ....

Start lower, the reality is you may never be able to walk in 5.5 inch heels. A 5.5 inch heel is significantly higher than even a 5 inch heel.You could actually hurt yourself trying to stand and walk in those for your first time.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

[ post-16522-0-39266700-1344006043_thumb.jpost-16522-0-39266700-1344006043_thumb.j[ [[ [ I bought two new pairs one a wedge sandel that I have worn grocery shopping a couple of times and yesterday i recived a new pair that was 5" sling back. Like the shoes but now need a place to wear them.

post-16522-0-01168400-1344006213_thumb.j

Edited by jerbare

Shafted is exactly right. Don't start with those. Either you'll hurt your foot or fall and hurt your head. Not a good outcome either way. My advice is to start with a modest 3 inch heel and master that so you can walk and stand comfortably. You'll need to log at least 168 hours (a week) of experience to become comfortable enough that you don't even think about it anymore. It will just feel natural. Then slowly work your way up to higher heels by 1/2 inch intervals if that's your goal. You will have to practice longer and longer the higher you go, and you might find, like I did, that you encounter a limit. I found that 3.5 to 4.0 inches is my limit. My toes just don't bend to fit into higher heels. Plus, the higher you go, the shorter your horizontal distance between toe and heel. That translates to challenges with balance and stability. The last thing you want to do is fall while wearing heels. Aside from possible injury, the embarrassment could be quite substantial. Why risk it? Practice - a LOT! And have fun doing it. Steve

. You'll need to log at least 168 hours (a week) of experience to become comfortable enough that you don't even think about it anymore. It will just feel natural.

Steve

No rest for the wicked, eh?

I think it's been fairly well established (though I can't quote a source right now) that it takes that many hours to induce behavioral changes that stick. In learning any new skill (such as a sport or playing a musical instrument) that is just the tip of the iceberg. You need 10,000 hours to become really proficient. But 168 hours is enough to start training your muscles to behave differently. But remember, this isn't work; it should be FUN. Just don't set the goals too high (literally). Starting with 5 1/2 heels is doing just that, and it introduced barriers right from the start. Stack the deck in your favor by lowering the bar to something easily achievable, without pain or injury or embarrassment. Baby steps work best. Steve