Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Snagged a few pairs over the past couple of weeks. The Madden Girl Coutur pumps from DSW. Even though it looks like my left foot is pouring out of it, I think it's just the angle my foot was at, because these are REALLY comfortable:

Posted Image

Some more Madden Girls... not sure the name of these ones, but not as comfy, and will need some breaking in:

Posted Image

Finally, my favourites, I think, from Guess. Snagged these for a measley $10 at Marshalls on the clearance rack! REALLY comfortable:

Posted Image

Picked these up today at a Nine West outlet store. Wonderful price of only $19.99 on sale. They are black suede with a 4 3/4 inch heel. The look great, and seemed fine taking short steps in the store when I tried them on. However, once I got home and put them on and started walking in them, the hidden platform keeps the sole from bending at all, and the back of the shoe will not stay on my foot. This is my second attempt at a platform sole, and I believe it will be my last, as I just cannot keep the damn things on my foot. I think the extra sole under the forefoot helps relieve pressure on the ball of the foot, but I just can't walk in these things without the showe flopping off in the back. And it is not the size that creates the problem (though I admit these seem a bit long), because the last pair was actually about a half size too small and fit very snugly, yet if I tried to walk at anything approaching a normal pace, they popped of in back as well. I've never been crazy about the look of a platform, but I thought these looked pretty nice, as it's a hidden platform and it's likely no more than a 1/2 inch or so. But geeze, I need something I can walk in, and these aren't it! Glad they were only $20. Next time I'll do a better test walk in the store.

post-79-0-85609600-1339703210_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-74295200-1339703219_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-22736300-1339703235_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-68232500-1339703242_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-74117200-1339703251_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-04630600-1339703259_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-13937800-1339703266_thumb.jpg

...However, once I got home and put them on and started walking in them, the hidden platform keeps the sole from bending at all, and the back of the shoe will not stay on my foot...

Greetings RonC :-)

Nice shoes but I think they are too large for your feet.

Looking at your pictures, I clearly see a gap between the back of the shoe and your heel.

No wonder why they don't stay on your foot.

Next time, I suggest you try a smaller size so there is no gap.

You may also ask for nylon socks in the store before putting them on.

Nice looking shoes. They look good on you too. I have a couple pair's of plats, but my heels are less stiletto and more of a stacked look. A little easier to wear for me. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Greetings RonC :-)

Nice shoes but I think they are too large for your feet.

Looking at your pictures, I clearly see a gap between the back of the shoe and your heel.

No wonder why they don't stay on your foot.

Next time, I suggest you try a smaller size so there is no gap.

You may also ask for nylon socks in the store before putting them on.

I do understand what you're saying, and they likely are a bit too long. The true problem is I would likely wear an 11 1/2, but try finding THAT size...lol. I also think that if the shoe was a wide width, I could likely size down as well and still get a reasonable fit. But as I mentioned in my post, I previously had a pair with a small platform that were a size 11 medium, which, believe me, were plenty tight on my foot. I bought those without trying them on, and was sorry, as I could not wear them long before the tightness became an issue. But even those, with the small platform, would pop off at the heel when I walked in them. So I think that either my foot or the way I walk is not a good fit for a platform sole. Maybe I could find something with an in-step strap that would hold them on, but I don't believe that would be really comfortable either. I'm hoping that the platform trend will slow down soon, as I'm finding very few heels without a plat these days, unless I want just a plain pump, which I don't need more of.

Edited by RonC

Just got these - had my eye on them for a while.......

WAY more comfortable than I thought they would be - but they look great!

Fantastic pair of HH. My fav if we talk about platforms. I had my eye on similar for my wife.

Hello to all! I just received these beauties in the mail and was ready to post some photos. I'm not sure about any others out there but in my case its been diffiult finding a true classic closed toe pump in white patent, so far this is a nice candidate, the Elfrink from Aldo. This shoe features a straight 4" heel and comfy round toe box that I'm guessing is the reason that the size 40 is a great fit for me. I was surprised to find that the upper is not leather but looks to be of quality material while the foot bed is of leather construction. Very comfortable and easy to walk in. Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for letting me share!

post-12328-0-89093400-1340149719_thumb.j

post-12328-0-34967400-1340152487_thumb.j

post-12328-0-83001600-1340152630_thumb.j

post-12328-0-80856400-1340152714_thumb.j

post-12328-0-01359600-1340152817_thumb.j

Hello to all! I just received these beauties in the mail and was ready to post some photos. I'm not sure about any others out there but in my case its been diffiult finding a true classic closed toe pump in white patent, so far this is a nice candidate, the Elfrink from Aldo. This shoe features a straight 4" heel and comfy round toe box that I'm guessing is the reason that the size 40 is a great fit for me. I was surprised to find that the upper is not leather but looks to be of quality material while the foot bed is of leather construction. Very comfortable and easy to walk in. Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for letting me share!

Bravo! Sleek looking pumps, my friend! How are they to walk and stand in? Are they comfortable?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hello to all! I just received these beauties in the mail...

Greetings fumikaheels :-)

I must say your new pumps are VERY nice.

Most closed toe pumps from Aldo are too narrow for me. Lucky you !

But I think I will try them anyway. Just in case they are made wider than usual.

So i just recieved these yesterday. And i definetly need some more practice with these 16,5cm beauties ;)

Fuss Schuhe Vitello Nero http://www.fuss-schu...itello-nero.htm

I like the look of those shoes and I hope you get used to wearing them! However, I think they would be better with a pointed (or at least almond-shaped) toe. The effect of the high heel and the short rounded toebox is to shorten the foot significantly, to the extent that the wearer might well look top-heavy. I can never really accept that court shoes (pumps) with high thin heels should be paired with anything but a pointed toe - and stiletto sandals need to be as open as possible for similar reasons of overall delicacy.

It is interesting to see that the Fuss website makes it clear that the heel height increases with size, from 14cm at size 34 to 17.5 at 46, so preserving the overall 'gradient' and style. (i wonder how many women can wear a size 34 shoe (approx UK2) with a 14cm (5.5") heel?)

So i just recieved these yesterday. And i definetly need some more practice with these 16,5cm beauties ;)

Fuss Schuhe Vitello Nero http://www.fuss-schu...itello-nero.htm

Posted Image

post-15057-0-43814600-1340185065_thumb.j

Those sure are a beautiful pair of pumps. Good luck to you wearing them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It is interesting to see that the Fuss website makes it clear that the heel height increases with size, from 14cm at size 34 to 17.5 at 46, so preserving the overall 'gradient' and style. (i wonder how many women can wear a size 34 shoe (approx UK2) with a 14cm (5.5") heel?)

for me it almost sounds impossible. size 34 is indeed very small for 14cm

Bravo! Sleek looking pumps, my friend! How are they to walk and stand in? Are they comfortable?

But I think I will try them anyway. Just in case they are made wider than usual.

Thank you for the kind words and questions! Yes, these are easy to walk in and very comfortable, they could have provided a bit more traction on the outsole but thats something easily added. FYI, these are available up to size 41 which might work out for those with a wider foot. Thanks again!

This spectacular pair was waiting for me when I got home and couldn't wait to be shared! Here is Cassie from Shutz in a color we don't see much, jade patent! This shoe is of high quality full leather construction, so supple! Absolutely beautiful with a perfect almond toe box, low cut vamp and tall heel measuring in at 4 3/4". Comfortable, fun and instantly one of my favorites!

Posted Image

post-12328-0-91245000-1340250716_thumb.j

post-12328-0-60442700-1340250914_thumb.j

post-12328-0-19804600-1340250973_thumb.j

Wow! Those pumps are even more often than the last pair you displayed! Incredible! Good for you, fumikaheels!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

UPDATE

Unfortunately, the Aldo "Elfrink" shoes are not available here in Canada.

Hoping they will have a similar pair on their fall collection.

Will keep looking...

I just picked these up the other day. They are a little fancier. Definitely not for everyday wear. They probably will not see much action on my feet anytime soon. But they looked great on the rack, and even better on me. And I could not pass up a sale! With all the in store sales and such, I ended up paying just over $30 including tax. Not Bad!

Here is a link

http://www.aldoshoes...8426355-dine/64

Edited by Mr. X

It's been a while since I found a pair of shoes I really got excited about but then I found these. I think the "v" shaped vamp is just perfection! I just love how they look with dark blue bootcut jeans and I'd also like to try them with white jeans and a blue denim jacket over a matching colour top.

http://www.newlook.c...heels_252236314

post-12051-0-25064000-1340408195_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

I recently added these black wedge sandals to my collection, they feel very comfy and pretty. I've not worn them out yet, but I'm really looking forward to that soon as I get the chance - with my cropped jeans would be fabulous if I'm brave enough.

post-12051-0-26384100-1340669369_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Hey All, Attached are pictures of my last two Bakers purhcases. The first is a cute neutral canvas top on top of a 6" multi-color wedge heel and the second is a sexy sandal with a 5.6" stiletto heel. I bought the first on clearance and the second was half off so the two pairs cost me $54 including tax. http://www.bakersshoes.com/p-242128-WHITLEY.aspx?c=396 http://www.bakersshoes.com/p-236744-ROXEE.aspx?c=296 post-3654-0-67884000-1340673928.jpg I hope they came out OK. Lots of cool shoes on sale this summer in amazing colors! HappyinHeels

Hey Everyone, I just picked up this pair from pay less. They are extremely comfortable and easy to walk in. They were labeled at $30 but I loved the way they felt so I had to get them, once I got to the register turned out that they were 50% off. I wore them around the store for a little before buying them and the two young ladies at the time were very accepting and helpful! Payless is definitely a great place to go and try out some new styles the staff is great! http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10376&subCatId=&skuId=094080050&productId=70984&lotId=094080&category=&catdisplayName=Brands