Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Happy, just wondering if you've been to Gurnee Mills lately. I happened to be working in the area last week so I made plans to stop in and check out some favorite stores. Much to my dismay, the Nine west outlet is gone. I could always count on them for some heels in my size 11-12. Then went to Naturalizer, another store where I could typically find larger sizes, and they had like 5 pairs of size 11 in the entire store, and I did not see a 12. Went tot he newer Off Broadway shoes, and they also had a very limited selection of 11s and no 12s at all. Finally, one of my favorites for large sizes was always the Burlington Facotry Shoe Store. It too is gone, and something called, I belive, Shoe Department Last Chance is also gone. WOn;t be wasting my time going to Gurnee Mills anymore! Just curious, is that the Bakers you frequent? I was going to go in there withthe intent of trying something, but they just don't have anything that is to my taste (not a platform fan, and that is litterally all I saw there.)

You both should check out the St. Louis Mills near me. It has the Nine West Outlet and the Off Broadway Shoes. Great 11/12+ selection (Nine West has a few 12s, but Off Broadway has bunch.) The Burlington and Marshalls were a letdown, though. I need to go back and check out the Last Chance.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

I just counted a couple of days ago I bought 15 new pair of boots and heels in the last 4 months, I think that I need an intervention. The last pair that I bought was Brash Lunma 5" wedge from Payless. They are a nice pair they have a 1 1/2" platform. I was never a big wedge fan but have worn them several times and the nice thing about them is that they dont draw a lot of unwanted att.

Edited by jerbare

RonC, Gurnee Mills is 17 miles south of me and I do go there occasiionally but that Bakers is not the one I most frequent which is the one in Wauwatosa, WI. The Gurnee Mills Bakers has few styles in size 11 but I am known to the staff there. Yes, Nine West is gone as is Shoe Carnival. I have been to Of Broadway Shoes and always found more employees than customers which is a sure sign it'll be closing soon. A new store called Encore Shoe Dept. has opned and seems to have larger sizes but don't know much about it. Meanwhile I'd stick with the reliable outlets of DSW in Vernon Hills and Nordstrom Rack for larger sizes. And one of these days, you and I, shall do lunch! HappyinHeels :santa_hat:

We were in Norwich the other week and found a lovely pair of shoes for £20. We decdied to get a pair each and MrsF wore hers out for a birthday meal on Tuesday. post-10200-0-44374400-1337861224_thumb.jpost-10200-0-06681600-1337861281_thumb.j Also a new shop called 'Oxygen' has opened in the Highcrss shopping centre. It sell some amazing shoes, most of them are 5'' plus platforms and I love them. I got these the other day when out with MrsF, been after some just like them for a while. I know there not to everyone's taste but I cna live with the mega platform on them as they are so gorgeous. post-10200-0-21073200-1337861531_thumb.jpost-10200-0-76762600-1337861581_thumb.jpost-10200-0-90506000-1337861634_thumb.j

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

At last !

Finally found a classic pump which is wide enough at the toe box.

A perfect fit and very comfortable. Looks like they were made for me :fine:

You can never go wrong with the simple black pump.

At last !

Daniel,

We're glad you're pleased, but if that's all you're going to tell us, it's just teasing us. At least tell us the brand and style, where you bought it and other relevant facts. Your post isn't very informative without the details. Thanks,

Steve

At last !

Tell us more about them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Saw them on Ebay USA and knew i just had to have them, sod the postage!!

They are sold by Payless and are the Brash Komet Platform Pump absolutely gorgeous. don't care if i can't walk in them, these babies are for indoors!

It seems there is a run on these especially in the larger sizes.

Anybody have any idea on fit? Do they run true to size, i ordered the 13W but might be overkill (I take a mens UK10).

Stunning shoes, will buy other colours if i find i can wear a US12W.

http://www.payless.c...2_4_490x490.jpg

I even found a review on youtube for them - didn't show much of the shoes unfortunately :penitent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFNMhfZsYDI

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

(Please excuse the legs / feet - though I feel as if this has been said so many times it's a given.)

I have just come into a new pair of heels. They're 5 inch silleto heel'd, grey suede pumps.

I got them from the eBay shop howcool-4u - Click!

Howcool-4u recently has changed a lot of it's selling ways in that they're selling shoes as auctions as opposed to buy-it-nows. I managed to pick up these shoes in a EU 46 (UK Mens 12) for only £9! With an added £15 shipping fee from Germany VIA Parcelforce and it arrived within 2 days!

The shoes are very comfortable, which is surprising for a pump like this. At first I thought they looked a bit too "proper" or "old lady" for me, but they soon grew on me within about 5 minutes haha!

There really is no con to this shoe apart from like my other pair of red nitelife heels, my heel seems to still slip out the back of this shoe from time to time. My feet are wide to it streches out the shoe and it's my theory that this causes the back to the shoe to become loose too, therefore the heel slipping. However the gap isn't big enough to fit a heel grip in there, as im pratically fighting to get my heel in the shoe sometimes!

The craftsmanship on these shoes are always good I find. I have worn my boots out (see below) and they deffinatly do the trick.

I would deffinatly reccomend that shoe store, I have another pair of heels from that store as seen below, and they came in record speed, decent quality and nice style too.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Really like those pumps Live and Learn, definately my kind of shoe, don't seem to have them on their site unfortuantely. You got yourself a bargain, they practically gave them away (£9) Love them.

Edited by barney15c

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Tell us more about them!

Greetings Steve & JeffB :-)

They are from Spring Shoes. Model name is Miulana (In the USA, the store name is "Call it Spring")

I don't see them on their US website. Follow this link for the Canadian website.

Still available in sizes EU40 & EU41.

Edited by danielp6406

Stopped by a boutique recently to see what they had interesting. Didn't see much, but the manager asked what I was looking for. I mentioned that I was keeping an eye out for two Ellie designs. She thought maybe she could order them in for me.

Well - called back about a week later and she told me they were already in house. About a week later I made it back to the store. Here is what she had for me to try on.

http://www.ellieshoe...OD_CD=652-LUCIA

Posted Image

http://www.ellieshoe...CD=601-JULIET-M

Posted Image

The lucia slingback fit great. Only problem is that the buckle is not really funtional except for adjustment. The elastic isn't well connected so I see issues here. Otherwise, they fit great. May need some longer jeans for this pair although I have to wonder - - skinny jeans - - Hmmmmm.

The camo pair on the other hand would go on my foot even though they were the same size.

Kinda thought the Camo pair would be appropriate. Wife joked that I could actually wear them outside around the hose with people around and nobody would notice - - we live in the woods, and I already have camo attire.

Edited by Heelster

Well - - Since the camo shoes didn't fit, guess I won't be needing them, but I will keep those tights in mind. If they offer the heels in a bit larger size - Yep, I'm getting them.

Recently went to Famous Footwear and purchased the Fergalicious Penny high heel with a 4 inch heel in black. My opinion it is very comfortable and very strappy! I like that And easy to walk in. I asked the sales girl what she thought and she has a pair herself and she was very helpful and we had a nice conversation about sandals and pumps. She was not the least bothered by me trying on the sandals and heels Talked about 15 minutes and she was doing inventory so i did not want to bug her even tho she said i was not. purchased my high heels and drove home and i soon as i walked in the apartment those sandals were on my feet and i am wearing them as i reply to the post. I do notice now how easy it is to walk in heels now and i love the height of the Fergies because they are a 4 inch heel no platform and the design is how a basic strappy sandal should look I just need to get over the worry of going out in public because i would love to show my sandals to an unsupecting public a little step at a time. Thanks again high heel place I noticed Happyinheels has the Bakers cecilia wedge sandal I do too. And they are a nice wedge sandal. I am also a size 10 they are a little tight on the middle of my arch did try out a thick pair of socks to loosen the area up seems to of helped Have them in the white and they are sexy! cant say enough about Bakers shoes. Love them.

HBheels, Very nice pictures of your shoes. The first picture also shows that you have nice looking legs too. In picture #2 , I see that you have your jeans rolled up, which is very much in fashion today with women. I am going to try that look myself. I already wear carpis and cropped pants so that look will fit in too. Keep the pictures coming! Happy Heeling, bluejay

I can do that as soon as I get my camera up and running again as well as getting someone else to take the photos....I am sadly not that flexible lol. Also Bluejay those are capris that came like that when I bought them but I do have a pair of skinny jeans I will roll up to get a nice look as well.