Who has bought some new shoes

gj

As I promised, here are some pictures of my black suede Casadei 8593. Although they are 41 (11) and the insole measures 28cm -11.02"-, they are really tight. They look more like a 40 (27.3cm) -or a french 41- than like a Italian 41 (11) as they were listed. The heel is 13cm (5.1"), and they carry a 1.2cm (1/2") hidden platform. They are really beautiful, the heel is amazing. I added a picture comparing them at the heel with my Pigalles -size 41.5-

post-333-133522973239_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522973249_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522973254_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522973257_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522973261_thumb.jpg

I must confess I've been a little disappointed with the new season's styles in shoes. Very much 'same old' with the occasional stand out number. Nothing that takes my breath in a style that I would wear (which I guess is the most limiting factor).

A week or so ago I saw a picture on here of a pair of black platform Zanotti wedges. The silhouette alone gave me the "I Must Have!" feelings, so I shopped around. I eventually found a pair in-store that I could try on (with the fear of maxxing out my credit card if I fell in love with them) and honestly, I wasn't so impressed with how they felt when I walked. It was how I imagined wearing high heels on stilts would feel. I still liked the look so I slowly narrowed my search down to more affordable prices and with the lower price came a lower platform. Eventually I settled on these at New Look and bought them over the weekend:

(clicky!)

Not even close to the original silhouette I wanted, but sensible enough to be worn out and I didn't feel 8feet tall wearing them. Heel height is 6inch on a 1inch platform and the 5inch rise feels every bit as wonderful as you might imagine.

While shopping in New Look, I scanned over their sales racks (as I always do!) and these patent beauties caught my eye.

(clicky!)

At £10 I couldn't say no. 5inch heel on a 0.5inch concealed platform. They're a little snug (almost too snug!), but I love the feeling of being 'held tight' that these shoes give.

So two new pairs in one day. Loving it.

As I promised, here are some pictures of my black suede Casadei 8593. Although they are 41 (11) and the insole measures 28cm -11.02"-, they are really tight. They look more like a 40 (27.3cm) -or a french 41- than like a Italian 41 (11) as they were listed.

The heel is 13cm (5.1"), and they carry a 1.2cm (1/2") hidden platform. They are really beautiful, the heel is amazing.

I added a picture comparing them at the heel with my Pigalles -size 41.5-

I have one word: Jealous. :wavey:

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

I just ordered these 101's yesterday. They are patent and were on Ebay for $40 plus $9 shipping with "make offer". I first offered something unreasonable, like $9 or something. Offer was of course denied with a message that read $36 was as low as they would go. I later offered $11 with that being rejected. They were still listed for a while and then I offered $30 yesterday, which was accepted.

post-30330-133522973302_thumb.jpg

I just ordered these 101's yesterday. They are patent and were on Ebay for $40 plus $9 shipping with "make offer". I first offered something unreasonable, like $9 or something. Offer was of course denied with a message that read $36 was as low as they would go. I later offered $11 with that being rejected. They were still listed for a while and then I offered $30 yesterday, which was accepted.

I,m not a big fan of mules but those look alright and I think you paid about the right price for them.

i just ordered these 101's yesterday. They are patent and were on ebay for $40 plus $9 shipping with "make offer". I first offered something unreasonable, like $9 or something. Offer was of course denied with a message that read $36 was as low as they would go. I later offered $11 with that being rejected. They were still listed for a while and then i offered $30 yesterday, which was accepted.

5,5" ?

I,m not a big fan of mules but those look alright and I think you paid about the right price for them.

I've never been a big fan of mules (always like a snug fit with an ankle strap & buckle, boots, or regular pump). But I figured they look real nice and cost me $10 less than everywhere else I've seen them online. We'll see how they are.

Do these have a platform and could you post a photo please.

Posted Image

These are the New Looks. Small hidden platform. I particularly like the bow. Not quite ..... photo won't upload.

Oh yes , it has loaded. Phew

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik

Really sexy looking mules, love them, hope you enjoy wearing them whan they arrive

Eventually I settled on these at New Look and bought them over the weekend:

(clicky!)

Not even close to the original silhouette I wanted, but sensible enough to be worn out and I didn't feel 8feet tall wearing them. Heel height is 6inch on a 1inch platform and the 5inch rise feels every bit as wonderful as you might imagine.

I really like those wedges CRabbit, very elegant silhouette even if it's not quite what you started out looking for. Enjoy!

If you like it, wear it.

As I promised, here are some pictures of my black suede Casadei 8593. Although they are 41 (11) and the insole measures 28cm -11.02"-, they are really tight. They look more like a 40 (27.3cm) -or a french 41- than like a Italian 41 (11) as they were listed.

The heel is 13cm (5.1"), and they carry a 1.2cm (1/2") hidden platform. They are really beautiful, the heel is amazing.

I added a picture comparing them at the heel with my Pigalles -size 41.5-

Yow! These are so hot (the Pigalles too)!

Finally, I found a pair of classic pumps that fits perfectly. They are Jessica Simpson "Jessica" in size 10M. I normally wear size 11 but these shoes in size 10 are perfect :wavey:. What a relief to find a pair which is wide enough at the toe box !

post-14338-133522973436_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great news! I'm pleased to report that I got a new pair of black sandals in the mail Friday, "Born Free" from Aerosoles, with a 2 3/4" block heel and a nicely embossed leather strap over the foot with an attached toe ring. Immediately after trying them on, the "Wow" factor hit a 10 and I was really impressed with them. I wore them for an hour and just had to write up a review, so I did and posted it to their web site. I mentioned in the review that I was a guy, thinking that might be a red flag and they possibly wouldn't publish it, but that didn't happen. This morning they approved and published my review, totally un-edited, just the way I wrote it. Good for them!

The page is at http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/born_free/born-free

and the site, for those who are outside the US and can't read that link is at www dot aerosoles dot com. Search for Born Free and read the review by Aeroloyal (me).

I also took a photo, but they didn't publish that. I'm attaching it here.

And for archival purposes, at some point in time when the shoe is no longer available and the web page is gone, here is my review:

"Outstanding comfort and fit

February 17, 2012

I'm really impressed with these sandals. They fit absolutely perfectly from the moment I first put them on and it was like they were custom made for me. They have a 2 3/4 inch heel that is perfect for me, as I like heel heights of 2-3 inches. They seem to be well made, and I love the soft fabric of the footbed. It has just the right amount of cushion to be very comfortable, and grip for walking without slipping out of them. The toe ring is quite adequate and very comfortable, and the non-slip rubber sole and heel are quiet and give great traction. This is not my first pair of Aerosoles sandals, but my seventh! I love this brand. And by the way, I am a male, happily married, dress in male mode, and I have a narrow foot, so women's shoes fit me better than men's. My wife is fine with it and says guys can look good in the right shoes, even if they're intended for women. Thank you Aerosoles!"

How could they NOT publish that, eh?:wavey:

Guys: Here's a supplier worth supporting! If you wear a size 12 or smaller, there are a lot of good styles here, the fit is great, and the quality and customer service are exceptional. Report it in this thread!

Steve

post-19919-133522973447_thumb.jpg

Finally, I found a pair of classic pumps that fits perfectly.

They are Jessica Simpson "Jessica" in size 10M.

I normally wear size 11 but these shoes in size 10 are perfect :wavey:.

What a relief to find a pair which is wide enough at the toe box !

Those are nice looking.

Steve, I like those Aerosoles Born Free sandals. I also have been looking at getting a pair, they look really nice. I have other Aerosoles heeled sandals, and like you said, they fit well are comfy and go to a size 12!! I also like the fact that they printed your review in its entirety! You posted a nice write up. I reviewed a pair of Aerosoles a few years back and they put my post up as well. As a matter of fact, every time I have written a review, it has been posted (Aerosoles, Zappos, Marmi, Payless, DSW, Nordstrom...). So folks, when you review shoes, don't hesitate to indicate you are a guy and the shoes are for YOU!! Take care all, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Classic look. Very nice indeed.

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik

I stopped by Nordstrom on the way home and I was surprised to find out they were having a sale on their shoes.

I've been eyeing a pair of sandals since last year, and it looked like it made its way to the sale racks.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bp-bowtye-sandal/3145276?origin=category&resultback=3453

The sales lady was pretty cool, too. When she came out with the box, she said, "I assume you don't want to try these on." I gave a cheesy grin and politely shook my head no. I didn't feel embarrassed being asked that, but given being put in a situation like that, I wish I had replied back.

I just thought that was cool.

I own mostly boots.

But I saw these at DSW today, and well, I just could not resist.

Marked down to $59.95 with a 30% off tag in the clearance section.

Plus I had a $20 coupon.

Total Price $21.96.

How could I not?

Size 12.

4.5 inch heel with a .5 inch platform.

post-1115-133522974464_thumb.jpg

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

I own mostly boots.

Plus I had a $20 coupon.

Total Price $21.96.

How could I not?

Size 12.

[ATTACH]15860[/ATTACH]

Indeed, how could you not? :wavey: Nice Score!

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Those are very nice. I like the clean look with out any bows or anything. You made a good buy.

Finally, I found a pair of classic pumps that fits perfectly...

Thank you all for the positive comments !

Those are very nice. I like the clean look with out any bows or anything. You made a good buy.

Greetings Barbara :-)

I also agree about the clean look. It is one of the reason why I bough them.

The other reason beeing they are really comfortable to wear.

Until now I was sure you needed to endure some pain while wearing this style of shoes.

Looks like I was wrong !

Until now I was sure you needed to endure some pain while wearing this style of shoes.

Looks like I was wrong !

Imagine that!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I own mostly boots.

Plus I had a $20 coupon.

Total Price $21.96.

How could I not?

Size 12.

[ATTACH]15860[/ATTACH]

What a pretty shoe and an excellent bargain. Congrats to you. Have fun wearing them.

i picked these up a couple of weeks ago from Shoe Show. they have a pretty good selection of shoes in larger sizes. The wedges have a 5 inch heel and the others have a 5.5in heel with a platform. the wedges are super easy to walk in but the gold ones... thats a diffrent story LOL

post-10256-133522974627_thumb.jpg

post-10256-133522974646_thumb.jpg

post-10256-13352297466_thumb.jpg

post-10256-133522974675_thumb.jpg

post-10256-133522974688_thumb.jpg

I own mostly boots.

Plus I had a $20 coupon.

Total Price $21.96.

How could I not?

Size 12.

[ATTACH]15860[/ATTACH]

Nice pair. Lucky to find a 12 at DSW!