Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I just bought a new pair of heels, my second pair but the only ones that I own at the moment. First time buying a pair in a shop as well which was fine. I've got some black courts, probably about a 5" heel and a platform as well. I love them even though they are a bit tight but hopefully they will stretch a little bit. anyone got any tips for that? I'll get some pics up soon

anyone got any tips for that?

get some sort of ziplock bag , fill it with water , put the bag in the shoes and put them in the freezer ..

as the water freezes , it will expand , thus stretching the shoes.

works best on leather shoes , it can work on other materials, but you may have to repeat it a few times

Well I have finally done it again, with thanks to this forum!

It's difficult for me to find large sizes. I got these open toe pumps in US size 14. I'm aware they are Pleaser and not everyone is too fond of it, but I wanted a pair fast and I loved these.

I will get them Tuesday, which conveniently makes this a birthday present from myself to myself. :)

http://www.hhplace.org/your_favourite_high_heel_pictures/16827-girlfriend_s_new_heels.html#post246301

There we go! :wave:

I actually like that style, myself. I've a couple of pairs that I've about worn out. one pair, a navy blue and white style sandal with exactly the same ankle strap and 5¼" heels, is really ragged and ready to fall apart. The other pair, also from Sexy Shoe, is white patent with 5½" heels and in about the same condition. I guess I'll have to buy a new pair if I'm to continue to wear that style at the beach.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I bought these yesterday at Baker's in Milwaukee. What started off at a launch price of $79 was on sale for $29. I got some non-skid pads as well but with a 10% discount for my Bakers discount card it was like getting the non-skids included since the total bill was just over $31. Not bad for really cool wedge heels!! I bought the ones in black in size 10 and they fit great. I went and filled up with gas later on with these wedges on under my jeans-noticeable but apparently not so. You got to start road-testing your new product as soon as possible!

http://www.bakersshoes.com/product.aspx?c=305&p=153889

HappyinHeels

A touch of sale shopping last week hit the Clarks store for the shoe boots and Matalan for the snake skin, which I nearly got instead of the boots but found the 1/2 price sale at the weekend gave a reason for two pairs for us both. I have however removed the "bunches" from mine. Chris has a minor problem her ankle straps are too short:cry1: Al

post-14144-133522917796_thumb.jpg

post-14144-133522917801_thumb.png

Thanks kfsteve391 and canadianbeaver17 for your appreciation. I like the versatility of wedges; you can wear them driving,shopping, to restaurants, to walk in the grass and with bootcut jeans, capris, shorts, and dresses if you dare. Yes, I like higher heels for sure but I'm only 5' 8.5" so I can wear unbelievably high heels (7"+) before I approach the height of some of our forumers here. I'm also lucky that I take a girl's size 11 in closed toe but can take a 10 in most open-toe style shoes. HappyinHeels

I'm about the same size (maybe a wee bit shorter than you, HappyinHeels) but my foot size is womens size 9 so I never have to worry too much about if the footwear in question will fit OK, which it always seems to do!:wave:

All

Thought I had mentioned these before when I saw them in Kurt Geiger's Manchester Airport Duty Free outlet in March. I think they were listed at £120 and thought they wouldn't really be that much cheaper but found that high street price was £140.

Anyway have held out for a sale to come along and hope they would be included; well wad'ya know? down to £79 plus the fact that a friend gave me a gift card for my birthday......so they are mine.

Just waiting for delivery to the store.

Oh, forgot to say; Office do a very good replica which are currently going for £90; so if you want to save a few more quid wait until their sale.

ah, damn it.

Picked them up today, met up with some friends that know of my shoes and have a shoe thing themselves, anyway tried them on but damn it are REALLY small. Friend that normally wears 39 tried them and were a good fit for her.

Got them home this evening and did get them on but just too tight - I don't think any amount of gentle stretching is going to do it:mecry:

Anyway, they are truly gorgeous and will definitely be a feature in the collection.

R

REALLY small. Friend that normally wears 39 tried them and were a good fit for her.

Got them home this evening and did get them on but just too tight - I don't think any amount of gentle stretching is going to do it:mecry:

R

Why not "consign" them to your friend? After all, they do fit her and she probably would make more use of them than you will. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I went on a shopping spree today :) Bought three pairs of new shoes. I was prepared this time and wore a pair of black hold-up stockings. Makes trying shoes on more easy with this warm weather. The first pair are platforms made by Limelight. I usually take a EU41 but these fit just perfect and are EU40. Lots of room for my toes. The second pair where 50% off. I have a pair like them but in a different color. For only €12 i couldn't resist. And i got a pair of ballerina flats. Usually don't care much for flats but i found these very cute. And they where cheap and fit very well. :wave: When i got out of the parking lot i put on the ballerina's and enjoyed them while driving home.

post-21458-133522918022_thumb.jpg

post-21458-133522918027_thumb.jpg

post-21458-133522918032_thumb.jpg

post-21458-133522918036_thumb.jpg

post-21458-133522918041_thumb.jpg

Oh, you're quite right but could do with getting the money back, especially as I can't really justify the cost......

R

Understand about "getting the money back." You make good investments and sometimes, make bad ones and have to "eat" them. This appears to be a mistake that you might have to eat. If you can't return them to the store where you bought them, you're stuck with them. Post them up for sale here or on eBay. If that fails, more good will can be earned by giving them to your "friend" without attaching strings than can be had while they sit in your closet gathering dust. Besides, this is just one of those "live and learn" moment we all experience occasionally.

Oh, you're quite right but could do with getting the money back, especially as I can't really justify the cost......

R

Although they are so, so beautiful, I made the "sensible" decision and took them back today; KG don't give refunds on sale items.....but have got a credit on a gift card so will have to wait until the autumn sales - will just have to try a pair from Office when they come up in the sales.

I'd rather have the credit note now than not able to ever wear or realise the value later on - There are plenty of other shoes to be bought down the line.

R

Here in Dallas, Texas it is a relatively cool day - only 90 deg F (32 deg C). Quite often it gets up to 100 deg F (38 deg C). I read about all the purchases of boots, and then they are worn with jeans. No way would I wear that combination in the summer! Here the only comfortable heels and bottoms are sandals and skirts that I wear publicly on a regular basis. :wave:

I got the sandals from WomanWith. They are Tara studded wide sandal by Comfortview. I got the brown color in 11 wide (US women). They are just a touch too long, but the width is OK. The heel height is 7 cm (2 3/4 inches) high rather than 5 cm ("2 inches") as described by the website.

http://www.onestopplus.com/product.aspx?QOID=0016-03567-1079

They are really comfortable.

I wear the pair publicly with a denim skirt and nobody seems to pay any attention!

post-25204-133522918709_thumb.jpg