Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Just paid for these on eBay, hope they will arrive asap. Longing to try them on.

Where are you planning to wear them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I thought I would wear them outside. Maybe not go shopping in my neibourhood but I will find many occations, I hope. Any suggestions what outfit could be suitable for them? Have been looking for a pair like these since I saw them on eBay this summer. Didn't buy them then, so they disappeared from eBay when I had made up my mind...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

I just bought a pair of Claire Criss-Cross Mary Janes from Avenue in tan, and am SO looking forward to when they arrive. I know they're a touch lower than what most here are used to, but I think they'll be great with my fave flare jeans.

So far, my Skye platform boots are working out wonderfully, and are SO comfy!

post-29-133522901944_thumb.jpg

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Very nice boots Thighhighs, great find on ebay. Do you ever wear skirts? because they would look excellent with a mini or just over a pair of skinny jeans. It would be a crime to hide them under any article of clothing. I love them!

I don't wear skirts as a man. Have been experimenting with a complete ladies outfit with skirts and that will work with these.

But I'm more into thight black jeans and maybe later on when it's warmer, black jeans shorts, ending just below the top of the shaft of the boots.

Greetings thighhighs :-)

Those are very nice boots

You will be noticed for sure wearing them !

Thanks, I'm kind of an exhibitionist when it comes to footwear so I don't mind :blinkbigeyes:

Has anyone seen these at Target yet?

http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Valonia-Pump-Black-Patent/dp/B001G7F0OW/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

One of the reviews states that in the larger sizes (she states size 10), the heel is a full 5 inches.

Think, five inch heels at Target - and available in size 11, only $29.99. I am going to stop in there tomorrow, and see what they have.

...So far, my Skye platform boots are working out wonderfully, and are SO comfy!

Are these the boots you're referring to:

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Star-Platform-Boot-Wide-Width.aspx?PfId=183329&DeptId=19963&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

I tried to get a pair last month, but they were already sold out of my size, both online and at 1/2 dozen stores around me.

I wish I could have gotten the Star platform boots, but by the time I had the money, they were sold out of 13W's.

This is the kind I purchased:

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Skye-Platform-Bootie-Wide-Width.aspx?PfId=183330&DeptId=19980&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0&pref=pvp

SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

After quite a long time I got myself up to make a few photos of some recent purchases. #1: 8cm (3.25") Oxfords. I have worn these to a more formal function at work last Friday. I can't believe my courage sometimes... #2: 12cm (4.75") Ankle boots. I was sorely tempted to wear these to work insted of #1. But the metal heel is a little too flashy. #3: 5cm (2") Ankle boots for everyday wear #4: same as #3, from the back. I regularly wear these to work. The heel has sort of a cuban style looking from the side. #5: classic black 12cm (4.75") pumps. Again a sore test for me...

post-8547-133522902006_thumb.jpg

post-8547-13352290201_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522902012_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522902016_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522902019_thumb.jpg

After quite a long time I got myself up to make a few photos of some recent purchases.

#1: 8cm (3.25") Oxfords. I have worn these to a more formal function at work last Friday. I can't believe my courage sometimes...

#2: 12cm (4.75") Ankle boots. I was sorely tempted to wear these to work insted of #1. But the metal heel is a little too flashy.

#3: 5cm (2") Ankle boots for everyday wear

#4: same as #3, from the back. I regularly wear these to work. The heel has sort of a cuban style looking from the side.

#5: classic black 12cm (4.75") pumps. Again a sore test for me...

#2 Would look much better with less baggy trousers, possibly even some sharp pinstrip trousers as those heat boots are very tidy, sharp looking boots that command smartness. (I presume those are the "heat" model?)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

No, 3 would be easy to wear in public. Not much style difference between mens and womens shoes, there. let us know when you wear No. 4 to work. :blinkbigeyes:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

#2 Would look much better with less baggy trousers, possibly even some sharp pinstrip trousers as those heat boots are very tidy, sharp looking boots that command smartness. (I presume those are the "heat" model?)

Quite right. That's the Heat-1015. I think with my figure (4XL), skinny trousers don't look good on me. Even though the black jeans on pictures 3-5 are skinny. What do you think? I have taken the pictures 1+2 wearing the trouser suit (f) from last friday. I have also taken full length shots, but they would probably fit better in the "General Fashion" section. I'm not sure if I should post them anyway.

No, 3 would be easy to wear in public. Not much style difference between mens and womens shoes, there. let us know when you wear No. 4 to work. :blinkbigeyes:

I do. Or do you mean No.5? I'm sorely tempted wearing the pumps to work. BTW those are the Seduce-420.

As for No.3/4 I regularly wear these. From the side they look like Cuban heels, only the almond toe and the slender heel from the back give them away as from the women section. My favorites at the moment.

I particularly liked the animal print tall boots and they would definately be noticed on anyone, male or female.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thanks Dawn HH,

I love them and just had to have them. Still dont know what material the actual print is on, but we'll see. They do look good though.

Here are some more pics of them:

post-244-133522902022_thumb.jpg

post-244-133522902024_thumb.jpg

post-244-133522902026_thumb.jpg

Has anyone seen these at Target yet?

http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Valonia-Pump-Black-Patent/dp/B001G7F0OW/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

One of the reviews states that in the larger sizes (she states size 10), the heel is a full 5 inches.

Think, five inch heels at Target - and available in size 11, only $29.99. I am going to stop in there tomorrow, and see what they have.

They look very similar to what Payless sells. The Payless version is called "hilt pump" and comes in black or red patent. In a size 12 the heel is just shy of 5".

Quite right. That's the Heat-1015. I think with my figure (4XL), skinny trousers don't look good on me. Even though the black jeans on pictures 3-5 are skinny. What do you think? I have taken the pictures 1+2 wearing the trouser suit (f) from last friday.

I have also taken full length shots, but they would probably fit better in the "General Fashion" section. I'm not sure if I should post them anyway.

Sure, lets see the whole look. Ankles only are always so boring to look at :pulsingheart:

They look very similar to what Payless sells. The Payless version is called "hilt pump" and comes in black or red patent. In a size 12 the heel is just shy of 5".

They dont look any different to half the crap on ebay actually :blinkbigeyes:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

You know, I've tried those on more than a few times in Payless. Comfortable, and classic looking shoes. I don't really recall them being as high as you say, though, but it's been several months since I've tried them on (so I'm most likely wrong). Comparing the Fioni brand to Mossimo, though, and my Mossimo shoes feel like slightly better quality.

Thoughts?

I know Payless heel measurements can be on the low side. I have a pair of Lance Point Flex Pump, I'd say last year's version of this show. From a previous post, "They are advertised as having a 3 1/2" heel; I measured an impressive 4 3/8"." (on a size 13). It wouldn't surprise me that the Hilt Pump in size 12/13 might also be 3/4" above the listed size, but that still brings them to shy of 5" I'm not sure what to make of these discrepencies. On the one hand, one might want retailers to have more accurate measurements on their shoes. On the other hand, there is something to be said for a manufacturer who tries to keep the angle of the shoe constant, even if that means at the largest sizes, it could result a heel height significantly higher than advertised.

That heel height differential is about the usual for the size difference that is used for the "model" shoe. The model size is usually around a 7½ and your size 13 wouldn't look the same if they each had the same heel. Heel height adjusted for size differences for proportional and aesthetic purposes. :blinkbigeyes:

Thighhighs:-) Thanks for the additional pcs of your animal boots. Cuffing them down sure makes them look like a completely different pair of boots and should change the looks of any outfit you might wear them with. Marhil711:-) I'm like Tech as I would like to see the whole outfit so that we all could judge how your outfit looks on you for streetheeling. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I recently purchased a Mossimo shoe, size 11, that advertises a 3 1/4 heel. The size 11 measures, no joke, 4.5" exactly. Now, when I measure the heel, I measure all the way up to the seam at the back of the shoe where the heel stops. But, I measured "just" the heel (where the heel meets the sole of the shoe) and it did measure just over 3". I wonder if that's how they're measuring them, perhaps? Probably not, but just a thought.

Thighhighs:-)

Thanks for the additional pcs of your animal boots. Cuffing them down sure makes them look like a completely different pair of boots and should change the looks of any outfit you might wear them with.

Dawn HH

Yes, haven't decided which I like best yet. I think I like the long shaft better than folded down, but we'll see...

You know, I've tried those on more than a few times in Payless. Comfortable, and classic looking shoes. I don't really recall them being as high as you say, though, but it's been several months since I've tried them on (so I'm most likely wrong). Comparing the Fioni brand to Mossimo, though, and my Mossimo shoes feel like slightly better quality.

Thoughts?

Payless's Fioni brand have made the same basic pump, in different heights, over the years but their one called Hilt Pump (in black and red patent only), that I purchased, have a higher heel than most of their others. I have a number of Fioni pumps and the Hilt are about the highest, without a mini plat, I've ever bought from Payless.